Scotty Cameron 2021?

CW13

14 hours ago, chicolax2 said:

I like the feel better than the previous years phantom line.  Slightly firmer with a better sound.  Not sure about the 11's sound and feel but I like the 5.5.  I was comparing the 5.5 with a 7.5, a cx-01 and a Special Select Flowback 5.5 and it it hit the right blend for me personally.  The CX-01 was mush, the Special Select was a rock and the 5.5 ended up in the bag and I haven't looked back.

Yeah I agree with this. Much better feel to me given the sound than the previous Phantom 5.5. The black aluminum face ting/clicky sound was obnoxious to me and the head shape/neck bend not nearly as appealing as the head shape and slant neck of this years 5.5.

Coming from the Special Select Newport 2 and Spider X yes its not quite as soft as the Spider X given that its not an insert but the 5.5 feels pretty soft to me. Feel like better distance control than the Pureroll insert. 

Also I think what ball you play/putt with makes quite a bit of difference with this 5.5, I play Taylormade TP5 or ProV1 and feels perfect. However when I tried putting with a TP5X, ProV1x, or Callaway Chrome-Soft X (with triple track) it felt a lot firmer/hard/tingy off the face. The 11 or 11.5 is also louder and a little hotter off the face than the 5.5 in my opinion.

But yeah everyone has difference preferences in what they like or look for out of their putter

14 hours ago, chicolax2 said:

I like the feel better than the previous years phantom line.  Slightly firmer with a better sound.  Not sure about the 11's sound and feel but I like the 5.5.  I was comparing the 5.5 with a 7.5, a cx-01 and a Special Select Flowback 5.5 and it it hit the right blend for me personally.  The CX-01 was mush, the Special Select was a rock and the 5.5 ended up in the bag and I haven't looked back.

Yeah I agree with this. Much better feel to me given the sound than the previous Phantom 5.5. The black aluminum face ting/clicky sound was obnoxious to me and the head shape/neck bend not nearly as appealing as the head shape and slant neck of this years 5.5.

Coming from the Special Select Newport 2 and Spider X yes its not quite as soft as the Spider X given that its not an insert but the 5.5 feels pretty soft to me. Feel like better distance control than the Pureroll insert. 

Also I think what ball you play/putt with makes quite a bit of difference with this 5.5, I play Taylormade TP5 or ProV1 and feels perfect. However when I tried putting with a TP5X, ProV1x, or Callaway Chrome-Soft X (with triple track) it felt a lot firmer/hard/tingy off the face. The 11 or 11.5 is also louder and a little hotter off the face than the 5.5 in my opinion.

But yeah everyone has difference preferences in what they like or look for out of their putter

I’m really struggling with this putter (the 5.5 LH). I just have no idea where it’s going inside 5-6’. Longer putts especially 15’ plus I see to feel great with. The short misses, especially when I’m just flat out missing the cup from 3’ are really piling up. Any drills to acclimate to a new putter? I would be all ears. 

Edited by philsRHman

57 minutes ago, philsRHman said:

I’m really struggling with this putter (the 5.5 LH). I just have no idea where it’s going inside 5-6’. Longer putts especially 15’ plus I see to feel great with. The short misses, especially when I’m just flat out missing the cup from 3’ are really piling up. Any drills to acclimate to a new putter? I would be all ears. 

I would try to get some heavier head weights if possible, might help you gain a smoother stroke for the short putts and keeping the head a bit more stable. My fitter added 2 gram weights being my stock weights so 17g instead of 15g on my 34 inch and it helped tremendously despite only 4g total increase and the added swing weight. I also changed my grip to a super stroke pistol gt 1.0 for a bit thicker and more square feel. Everyone’s different in preference and feel but these changes especially the head weights made a big difference for me

11 hours ago, philsRHman said:

This may sound obvious but from inside 6 feet you really need to be conscious about the length of your take away with a mallet putter (more so than a blade putter IMO) as you get the feeling you just can't miss with them because of all the positive attributes the putter possess & so you may subconsciously decelerate on the through stroke. Study the length of your take away and see whether you could benefit from a shorter/deliberate stroke from inside 6 feet.

Titleist TSR2 9* (turned down to 8.25*) Driver

Titleist TS2 13.5* Fairway

Titleist TS2 16.5* Fairway

Titleist 716 T-MB 3-4 irons

Titleist 660 5-9 irons

Vokey SM7 Tour Chrome 48* Wedge

Vokey SM Oil Can 54* & 60* Wedges

Scotty Cameron Tour Newport Putter

▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

1 hour ago, KParks said:

I'm really liking my new 5.5 but absolutely hate the headcover. Anybody found something that is a good fit and feel for it?

My only absolute requirement is that I need a magnetic closure. I can't believe that Scotty sells premium headcovers with velcro still...

there is a conversation happening ...

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2021 at 8:18 PM, dropkicked said:

I've been rolling the px 5.5 for the past couple of weeks (at home cus lockdown 😞😞 ) and while I love the head, I simply can't get comfortable looking down and squaring it up to my target... It's going in the den, lol.

Soooo... I've reversed course and it's going in the bag this weekend..🤣 I guess I just needed time to get accustomed to the change in head style and the alignment aide. 😀

Titleist....

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know if the new Pistolero Plus is made under a different name/style by Golf Pride? Trying to find some detailed specs (specifically weight).

I'm surprised that I don't totally hate it, but before I just throw a SuperStroke Pistol 1.0 on there (like I end up doing on most putters it seems unless I want to be spicy and try a Pistol Tour) wondering if anybody has found anything close to it that is just a bit thicker on the lower hand?

I'm a fan of the way the paddle sits in the top just need some more girth on the bottom.

• Like 1

Got a 5.5 coming my way soon. I’m probably going to extend it to 36”. Anyone know where to get the non colored heavier weights? 

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

On 6/8/2021 at 9:19 AM, dropkicked said:

Soooo... I've reversed course and it's going in the bag this weekend..🤣 I guess I just needed time to get accustomed to the change in head style and the alignment aide. 😀

I experienced a similar dilemma. I had been gaming a Heppler Tyne 3, loved it, bought the 2021 Tyne 4 for fun, love the lag puts, despise the short put feel. On Father's Day, I saw a 34" , 5.5 at Roger Dunn Santa Ana, and impulsively bought it (of course I did!) knowing I could resell or return. Well, it is a nice compromise between the firm Tyne3 & softer Tyne4! Rolls it with a great feel on long and short IMHO. May drive to the gallery today and get a new Headcover...I hate Scottys, I love Scottys, I hate Scottys, and on and on.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, rorykoepka said:

It’s interesting to see JT and Garrick Higgo both playing this with the 10g weights. I personally think this putter is a little too heavy just like them and prefer the 10g weights and not the stock 15g ones at 34 inches

To be honest, I personally find Scotty putters are 10g too heavy. I usually swap lighter weights. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Medson said:

To be honest, I personally find Scotty putters are 10g too heavy. I usually swap lighter weights. 

I always find it interesting that putters have gotten heavier when the best putters in the world skew towards lighter putters. I love the TeI3 at 330g but I'm prob in the minority (along with Tiger haha)

20 minutes ago, rorykoepka said:

I always find it interesting that putters have gotten heavier when the best putters in the world skew towards lighter putters. I love the TeI3 at 330g but I'm prob in the minority (along with Tiger haha)

I have several 330g putters and find them too light for me. 340g or 350g is right. 

I think most of Scotty retail is 360g for 34 inch. 

I was interested in the 11.5 or 5.5 (2021 versions) but having spent a bit of time with them I’m not too keen.

The 11.5 looks a bit long heel/to vs front/back and the 5.5 just seems to sit closed

I picked up the 2019 5.5 and actually prefer the look vs the 2021 version, feels a bit firmer too…then I picked up the 7.5 and found it so easy to align and swing…just not sure about the yellow alignment!!

I do quite fancy a 5.5 style as I have a full mallet with my Spider X but the 7.5 keeps calling me!

Unfortunately, The 2019 versions are still full retail though and not sure I trust eBay to get an unmarked head!

On 7/9/2021 at 1:23 PM, Unitdrew said:

Heres the tease !!! 🙂

09A9C836-4DA9-4712-BEDE-D40B5F25CBB4.jpeg

Any chatter on a potential release timing?  Had a fastback t22 that was going to find a new home or get a tour satin finish and I ended up moving on from it.  Looks like a Fastback will be going back in the rotation.