PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue Rdx

Whodey-85

Any idea how much it lowers the swing weight compared to others? I know I should do my own DIY weight fitting but curious where to go from a starting point. 

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Srixon Z-star XV

I just installed the 60 blue rdx and 70 rdx in my driver and 3 wood. X flex. I’ve never done well with a counter balance shaft or a softer mid section shaft, but my swing speed has dropped a bit the past few years and I’ve been tinkering with some different shaft profiles than my normals. After reading some reviews and watching some I decided to try these. Just as expected I had to add a bit of weight to my heads, but only a few grams. The shafts have a very unique feel. I don’t feel this whip some have talked about but the shafts are very stable and so easy to return to square. The ball flight is penetrating and the feel is very solid. So far I’m very impressed. 

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

I had been using the RDX Blue in 5.5 in my driver for a bit, but a fitting showed me that it wasn't doing me any favors. This probably means little to most WRXers who probably have more swing speed than me. I was fit into a HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, which is a true counter-balanced shaft (versus "higher balance point" on the RDX Blue). 

They didn't have an RDX Blue in 6.0 for me to swing. That might have worked better than the softer shaft. 

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

On 3/28/2021 at 11:09 PM, sociojeje said:

Anyone compared between rdx blue and im10(mid)? I got im10 and fell in love with it. Still, I can't get rdx blue out of my mind and wonder how those two shafts differs in feel. 

On 4/20/2021 at 10:17 PM, brettmag said:

I’m also wondering this. Any more info?

Same question here. Recently got a Epic Max LS w/im10 60g 6.0. I have a RDX blue 60g 6.0 from my Radspeed I am tempted to put a Callaway tip on. 

Stealth+ 9* @9.75, RDX Black 70g 6.5 | Stealth Plus 3W LAGP Trono 75x |Stealth Plus 5W RDX Black 80g 6.5 | 

G425 22@ 23.5* Hybrid GD ADDI 95x | JPX 921 Forged Modus 105S | SM8 50.08F, 54.12D, 60.10S

Odyssey Ten Srixon ZStar 

On 7/30/2021 at 11:52 AM, Rbsiedsc said:

Any idea how much it lowers the swing weight compared to others? I know I should do my own DIY weight fitting but curious where to go from a starting point. 

It lowered my driver 2 sw points from D2 to D0. I added weight to get it to D3

• Thanks 1

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

1 minute ago, mogc60 said:

thanks, if that does it to mine, it would line up with my iron SW, which should be helpful

I've been curious about the TX version, and how, if at all, it differs from the standard model.

I've read a lot of posts, but was still uncertain so I called TT this morning. I was told the general EI curve is the same, however the TX has a stiffer tip and butt section than the stock offering. The rep said tipping the stock offering .5" would produce similar feel and results. 

When I hear stiffer tip and butt I think of a Ventus Black. Maybe the TX is a hybrid Ventus Black/Blue, which would be a pretty awesome shaft. Anyway, that's what I was told and thought I'd pass it along. Hope all is well. 

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
On 8/4/2021 at 9:42 PM, mogc60 said:

Do you know what the standard swing weight would be with the Sim 2 + this shaft?

How much weight did you add? I’ve recently moved to the sim 2 and this shaft and came from the G425 & Tensei AV Orange 65 which felt a bit heavier. Would someone know what swing weight that was ?

I just switched from the Black 6.0 To the blue 5.5.  Distance is the same, but consistency differences are HUGE.  I went from not knowing which direction the ball was going to being able to elongate the right side of the fairway.

the description of it being like a whip is dead on, but you never feel like you lose control of it.

I had to step down a “half flex” because of a loss of speed/strength  due to health issues….but going from the 6,0 black to the 5.5 blue made a HUGE difference.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, LS_golf said:

Do you know what the standard swing weight would be with the Sim 2 + this shaft?

How much weight did you add? I’ve recently moved to the sim 2 and this shaft and came from the G425 & Tensei AV Orange 65 which felt a bit heavier. Would someone know what swing weight that was ?

I know you weren’t asking me… but I added 5 grams to mine which got it to about D4. That’s with a 45.5” playing length.

Ping G430 Max 9* HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 🇺🇸 LE

TM SIM Ti 5w Fuji Atmos Blue TS 7x

Ping G410 3h Fuji Atmos Blue TS 8HY

Titleist 816 5h Diamana Blue

Mizuno 919 Forged 6-P, HM Pro 5

Ping Glide Stealth 50 SS, 54 WS, 58 ES

Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2022 slant

TM TP5

Has anyone compared the Blue to the Green? 

I picked up a Sim2 Max 3 wood with a Smoke Green in it. Just tested it on the range, struck it beautifully but struggled with direction. My miss is right, and for the most part that was what I got.

I can trade it for a 3 wood with the Smoke Blue in, but I don’t know if it will help. 

Any thoughts?

Edited by Bye

Taylormade Sim 2 Max - 10.5 Ventus Blue 6X
Titleist TSR3 - @15.75 Tensei 1K Black 75X
Titleist TSR3 Hybrid - @20 Tensei 1K Black 85X

Titleist 620 CB  - 4 iron - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist 620 MB - 5-pw - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 - 52.08, 56S  & 60M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Taylormade Spider Tour X - X3
Titleist - Pro V1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2021 at 3:40 PM, 62@Oakmont said:

I know you weren’t asking me… but I added 5 grams to mine which got it to about D4. That’s with a 45.5” playing length.

What is the head weight of your driver after adding 5 grams, and are you playing 60g or 70g shaft? I’m looking to get this for my G410lst and want to keep swing weight at D4. 

Ping G410lst Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60TX

Titleist TS2 16.5 HZRDUS RDX Blue 80TX

Titleist 818H2 21 AD IZ 95X

Srixon ZX5 5-PW Project X 6.5

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Raw 48,52,56, Full face 60

Ping PLD Anser 2

1 hour ago, EK1 said:

What is the head weight of your driver after adding 5 grams, and are you playing 60g or 70g shaft? I’m looking to get this for my G410lst and want to keep swing weight at D4. 

Head weight is now 201g (not including adapter).  Shaft is 60g 6.5.

Knowing how heavy Pings are from the factory (I used to have a G400), I don't think you'll have any problem retaining your desired swing weight.  The RDX Blue is only slightly counterbalanced.  The reason I went with it was because it was the closest thing I could find in performance and feel to the Ping Tour 65X, which is a shaft I loved in my G400.  

Edited by 62@Oakmont
  • Thanks 1

Ping G430 Max 9* HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 🇺🇸 LE

TM SIM Ti 5w Fuji Atmos Blue TS 7x

Ping G410 3h Fuji Atmos Blue TS 8HY

Titleist 816 5h Diamana Blue

Mizuno 919 Forged 6-P, HM Pro 5

Ping Glide Stealth 50 SS, 54 WS, 58 ES

Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2022 slant

TM TP5

The RDX Blue is an awesome shaft for me.  If I weren't hitting my Mavrik/Rogue white combo so well, I'd be playing the Sim2/RDX blue.  I have tried the RDX black and it feels more firm and launches lower but could work in a higher lofted head for me, I just prefer the feel of the blue and seem to hit it more consistently out of the middle of the club face.  I also have the smoke yellow which I tinker with in heavier driver heads like Ping or PXG and it feels a touch smoother but seems to launch lower and lack the dispersion quality of the RDX blue for me.  I actually much prefer the RDX blue to the Velocore blue in many ways, it just works for me.

FWIW, I got mine at a playing length of 45.5 for the TM SIM2 10.5.  I cut a half inch off as I like 45" and I think the SW was around C9/D0 so I added a 19g weight (over the stock 15) and it got it to about D2.  Much better and the driver feels amazing.  The RDX blue is the PX version of the Fuji Velocore blue from what I gather and it is an incredible value IMO.

Edited by Nixhex524
  • Like 2

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

How would a 70x or Tx compare to a smoke green 60x?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2021 at 8:40 PM, 62@Oakmont said:

No problem, and it was great advice I added 6G in the end was going to work back from there but it felt noticeably heavier straight away. Great shaft ! 

I added weight to mine but backed off. Made it feel too lose and I started losing balls right. Likely moving away despite how awesome this shaft is. Was getting too much launch 140-150’. Smoke green was much better although spun a little higher than blue. Make revisit the blue later in a 6.5 or TD 70g vs my 70g 6.0

Edited by Rbsiedsc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Although i tend to get good numbers with the Yellow 75 (non smoke), I also end up struggling with consistency.  I already play a really heavy head and want to get away from adding more weight to the head.  A long winded weigh of saying, not a fan of CB shafts, and am wondering if there is anything else in this line or non PX/brand shafts that profile similarly that aren't CB?

Edited by ode

12 hours ago, ode said:

Although i tend to get good numbers with the Yellow 75 (non smoke), I also end up struggling with consistency.  I already play a really heavy head and want to get away from adding more weight to the head.  A long winded weigh of saying, not a fan of CB shafts, and am wondering if there is anything else in this line or non PX/brand shafts that profile similarly that aren't CB?

I would look at Diamana ZF or Ventus TR Blue

• Thanks 1

Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 60 6.5 / Aerojet LS 3 - AD TP 7X / SZ Tour 5 - AD TP 8X / Apex 21 4H - AD IZ 95X / Cobra Tour 5-P, RTX6 50 M KBS $ Taper HT S+ / 56F - KBS 610S / 60M KBS Hi Rev 2.0 S/ White Hot OG #7 CH / Maxfli Tour

• 2 weeks later...

I currently game the 6.5 black rdx cut down 1/2 in. Not sure what the swing weight is but I wouldn’t want to go lower. I like the shaft but would like to gain more speed, my swing speed is around 105. Would switching to the rdx blue 6.0 and having it cut down 1/2 in be good? The other thing is my miss with the rdx black is a push where I don’t get the club face square. Would dropping to the 6.0 blue, even though close to the same torque help with getting that face back to square. 

• 5 months later...
On 7/30/2021 at 1:52 PM, Rbsiedsc said:

It only went down about a single point for me when I had it spec’d. I swapped for a 2g heavier back weight in my Cobra driver and seems to do the trick. Could very well play it at 1 SW less and see marginal difference, too. 

• 3 months later...

5.5 pvd limited 60g .....WOW!!! Just one of the most consistent and forgiving shafts I've ever hit....paired with the new TSR2 and I really feel like I can pretty much hit any and every fairway.  Now being that I'm a slower swing guy and need to rely on accuracy for best scoring , it's very comforting to have this as a weapon.  20221014_093105.jpg.a33e1c8a391ee59c2ce8ba063d3773d2.jpg20221014_212409.jpg.4644da3250de2b9933e24aac39a5e028.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just picked up a 60tx with the USA print for a really good deal from 2ndswing. Had store credit from trading a few old wedges in and used that to buy the shaft new uncut. Going to get it built up and test next weekend.

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G430LST - Diamana GT 60tx

3 Wood:  TM Stealth 3W - Diamana GT 70tx

5 Wood: Ping G430 Max 5W - Tensei Pro Orange 80tx

Irons: Taylormade P770 4-PW - Modus 130s

Wedges: Vokey SM8 50.14F Modus 130x, SM9 54.12 - 58.12 - Modus 130x 

Putter: Ping PLD Anser 

• 1 month later...

Recently acquired an rdx smoke blue 70 6.5 and built untipped to play at 46 in tsr3 8* head in c1 setting with the thought of needing to tip an inch but this thing is absolutely bullet straight and long long long I grip down an inch on tighter holes and let rip on more open and this thing just seems to return to square I haven’t played a driver over 45inches before but this combo is stunning knocked my diamana zf60tx well and truly out of my bag now wandering if this magic  pixie dust shaft will work in fairways but 80 only available in tx anyone have experience with the 80tx smoke rdx blue?

Titleist tsr3 8* C1 Diamana zf60tx 44.75”

Ping g425 LST 14.5 Diamana zf70tx 42.5”

PXG gen 2 5 wood 18* Diamana TB80tx 41”

PXG GEN 2  hybrid 22* Ventus blue 9x tip 1.5 inch 39”

Mizuno mp20 MMC 5-pw kbs c-taper 130X

Mizuno t20 50* kbs c-taper 130x

Mizuno ES21 54/58 kbs c-taper 130x

Ping Sigma G Kushin 33" custom flat cat svelte 

-prov1x

• 3 months later...
On 3/29/2023 at 6:55 AM, Latetogolf76 said:

Recently acquired an rdx smoke blue 70 6.5 and built untipped to play at 46 in tsr3 8* head in c1 setting with the thought of needing to tip an inch but this thing is absolutely bullet straight and long long long I grip down an inch on tighter holes and let rip on more open and this thing just seems to return to square I haven’t played a driver over 45inches before but this combo is stunning knocked my diamana zf60tx well and truly out of my bag now wandering if this magic  pixie dust shaft will work in fairways but 80 only available in tx anyone have experience with the 80tx smoke rdx blue?

Curious about your SS and transition. I've played smoke green 6.5 for a while but lack of counterbalance brings in big right miss when i want to go after it. 

• 7 months later...
On 3/29/2023 at 7:55 AM, Latetogolf76 said:

How did it work for in a fairway application 

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN