Footjoy 2021?

I picked up 2 pair of Hyperflex (non-BOA).  The "light grey" and the "darker grey".  So far very impressed with the comfort.  I will be wearing these on this summer's vacation to Sand Valley were I'll be walking 36 each day.  For me I had to go 1/2 smaller than my Tour X.  Between my 2 pair of Tour X and 2 pair of Hyperflex I should be good for this summer.....lol.  

Ping G430 MAX 10K 9*, Ventus Black 6X
Ping G430 MAX 3W 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X
Ping G430 MAX 7W 21*, Ventus TR Blue 8X 

Ping i230 4i DG 120 S300

Ping Blueprint S, 5-PW DG 120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50F, 54S, 58M

Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Mini CH /or/ Tri Hot 5K Seven CH

5 hours ago, Hougz79 said:

I picked up 2 pair of Hyperflex (non-BOA).  The "light grey" and the "darker grey".  So far very impressed with the comfort.  I will be wearing these on this summer's vacation to Sand Valley were I'll be walking 36 each day.  For me I had to go 1/2 smaller than my Tour X.  Between my 2 pair of Tour X and 2 pair of Hyperflex I should be good for this summer.....lol.  

Would be curious to know if you tried the BOA version and if so how similar they are or any difference in feel/comfort. I'm interested in buying a pair but none in stock in nearby stores so online is my only option. 

Anyone have insight on how the Air Max 90 Gs fit and play? I more-so curious about how the traction holds up. I walk most of the time and my walking shoe is the Air Max 1 G and I love it, but it has more pointy areas on the sole where it grips the grass really well. Curious how that's different on the 90s. Play in the NE so courses get pretty hilly sometimes.

21 hours ago, jashton88 said:

Anybody else having issues with fitment of the new Premieres? I love the look but am probably going to have to return them for the second time.

I first purchased a size 9M, in both the Flint and Packard, which is the size I wear in all of my Icons and they were way too big. I replaced them with an 8.5W and my heel is still slipping when I walk in them. The material on these is much thinner than the Icons so they are more roomy inside the shoe itself. 

I know everybody has a different foot, but I just don’t see how anybody’s heel is staying secured in these. 

I ordered the Packards in the same size as my Icons.  I agree that they felt a little big at first, but I feel like the fit gets better every time I wear them.  Just ordered a second pair today (the navy Flint—really want to try the spikeless).

23 hours ago, DeacLaw05 said:

I ordered the Packards in the same size as my Icons.  I agree that they felt a little big at first, but I feel like the fit gets better every time I wear them.  Just ordered a second pair today (the navy Flint—really want to try the spikeless).

Does your heel slip at all in them? Even the half size down in wide I had issues with. I just ordered two more pairs in different sizes. One a half size down from my icon size in medium and another a full size down in wide.

I love the design of them and how light they feel otherwise I would just get something else.

• Like 1

Whats in my B.A.G?
WITB Link

32 minutes ago, jashton88 said:

Does your heel slip at all in them? Even the half size down in wide I had issues with. I just ordered two more pairs in different sizes. One a half size down from my icon size in medium and another a full size down in wide.

I love the design of them and how light they feel otherwise I would just get something else.

Unfortunately Yes, my heels still slipped in them half size down (Premiere Tarlow in XW width). Although FJ claim they design these shoes with narrower heel but I just can not feel it. Not sure if other widths will make different but I’m afraid the toe will be too narrow. Really need to try these shoes on site.

23 hours ago, jashton88 said:

I’ve got 3 different pairs and have no issues with fit or slipping. 

Titleist TSi3 Driver
Taylormade M6 15 3-Wood
Titleist u500 2i
Titleist T100 Irons 4-P
Titleist Vokey Wedges 50, 54, 58
TM Spider Tour X
Titleist Pro V1

RLX Apparel with Footjoy Shoes & Gloves

On 5/6/2021 at 3:33 PM, JimboSliice_ said:

Would be curious to know if you tried the BOA version and if so how similar they are or any difference in feel/comfort. I'm interested in buying a pair but none in stock in nearby stores so online is my only option. 

I didn’t try on the BOA unfortunately.  

Ping G430 MAX 10K 9*, Ventus Black 6X
Ping G430 MAX 3W 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X
Ping G430 MAX 7W 21*, Ventus TR Blue 8X 

Ping i230 4i DG 120 S300

Ping Blueprint S, 5-PW DG 120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50F, 54S, 58M

Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Mini CH /or/ Tri Hot 5K Seven CH

On 5/6/2021 at 4:33 PM, JimboSliice_ said:

Feel/Comfort they are almost identical.  The boa gives you a little more a wrap feeling across the laces.  But to me the sole/footbed felt identical, granted I only wore the non-boa in the store and I ended up buying the boa's.  I only ended up with the Boa's because I liked the colors better than the non - I'm not typically a boa guy...

TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
TSR2 15* Ventus TR Blue 7X
TSi2 21* MRC Tensei Raw White  70TX
T100S 4-W Modus 120X
SM9 50F/54S/58D Modus 120X
Some sort of Cameron

1 hour ago, Hokie2k5 said:

Feel/Comfort they are almost identical.  The boa gives you a little more a wrap feeling across the laces.  But to me the sole/footbed felt identical, granted I only wore the non-boa in the store and I ended up buying the boa's.  I only ended up with the Boa's because I liked the colors better than the non - I'm not typically a boa guy...

My first pair of Premiere's were boa's (long time boa fan for cycling shoes).  Now after wearing the FJ boa's for 6 rounds I'm on the fence - while nice (set and forget), they won't be the primary deciding factor in buying my next pair of FJ shoes.  I'll make my decision based on color and style.

How do you guys wear your premieres? I just bought the all white packards and will be my first “traditional” golf shoe.  I normally use sporty golf shoes (I.e Nike, adidas, etc).  Obviously, they look in credible when wearing pants but do any of you guys wear them with shorts??? If so, do you go crew socks or no shows? Also what color socks do you go with?

Stealth Plus 7.5* Accra TZ5 M5 65

Sim Ti 14* Fuji Speeder TR 757x

Titleist Tsr2 18* Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 8x

Mizuno 223 4-PW PX  LS 6.5

SM9 50/12F, 54/10S, 60/12D PX Wedge 6.5

Bettinardi Queen B 10 Blackout Stability Tour

Go with socks in a color matching or close to the color of the shoes.  I like socks that are in between ankle and no-show.  I want to see a bit of sock because that way I know they're not going to slip down inside my shoes and have to mess with them every other hole.  Meanwhile, I hate the look of an ankle sock, that straight line around the ankle looks terrible.

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

1 minute ago, Tupperwolf said:

Go with socks in a color matching or close to the color of the shoes.  I like socks that are in between ankle and no-show.  I want to see a bit of sock because that way I know they're not going to slip down inside my shoes and have to mess with them every other hole.  Meanwhile, I hate the look of an ankle sock, that straight line around the ankle looks terrible.

Agreed.  I’ve recently fallen in love with no show tab socks.  Gives it some shape and the back tab prevent it from slipping down under the heel 

Got my Flints today.  Took them straight out of the box and put them onto my feet to walk 18.  No problem whatsoever with either comfort or heel slipping.  Comparing them to the Packards (spikeless vs. spiked), had no issues with traction at all.  Great grip for a spikeless shoe.  I think I am going to like them a lot.

32E22CE2-3929-4CB0-8691-7728C4E41E21.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Damn, I'm jealous of you guys with no heel slippage. I think it's time to give up and say the fit isn't right for me. I feel bad for Carl's Golfland for all of my returns.

I've ordered size 9M, 8.5M, 8.5W, and 8W and my heel slips in every pair - even with my foot stuffed into an 8W.

I've tried different socks as well, so sure what the deal is. I love the Flint and Packard so this is unfortunate. 

I wear a 9M in Icons and I would say 8.5W was the closest to being the best fit. 

Whats in my B.A.G?
WITB Link

17 hours ago, DeacLaw05 said:

Got my Flints today.  Took them straight out of the box and put them onto my feet to walk 18.  No problem whatsoever with either comfort or heel slipping.  Comparing them to the Packards (spikeless vs. spiked), had no issues with traction at all.  Great grip for a spikeless shoe.  I think I am going to like them a lot.

32E22CE2-3929-4CB0-8691-7728C4E41E21.jpeg

Jealous, love the flint in the blue colorway and the white colorway. I was planning to pick up several pairs of these.

Whats in my B.A.G?
WITB Link

2 hours ago, jashton88 said:

Damn, I'm jealous of you guys with no heel slippage. I think it's time to give up and say the fit isn't right for me. I feel bad for Carl's Golfland for all of my returns.

I've ordered size 9M, 8.5M, 8.5W, and 8W and my heel slips in every pair - even with my foot stuffed into an 8W.

I've tried different socks as well, so sure what the deal is. I love the Flint and Packard so this is unfortunate. 

I wear a 9M in Icons and I would say 8.5W was the closest to being the best fit. 

I dealt with heel slippage the first couple times I wore my packards.  You have to give the insole some time to shape to your foot and then you won't have any issues with heel slippage.  For me, it was around the 3rd round that it finally felt like wearing a glove.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone have a size comparison in the Premiere's to Gfore Gallivanters? I'm a size 8.5 in Gallivanters & they fit great, really want to get a pair of these new FJs..

D - TSR3 | Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W - Stealth+ | Ventus Blue 7X

5W - TSR2 | AD DI 8X

4H - TSR2 | AD DI 9X

5-PW - MP-223 | PX LZ 6.5

50/55/60 - MG4 | DG TI S400

P - Studio Stainless NP2 350g

B - ProV1x

B - Linksmaster

23 minutes ago, kwainio said:

Does anyone have a size comparison in the Premiere's to Gfore Gallivanters? I'm a size 8.5 in Gallivanters & they fit great, really want to get a pair of these new FJs..

Footjoys (for me) run a half size larger than Gallivanters.  I'm a 11M in FJ & 11.5 in GF.  Everybody's different so I'd def recommend trying them on.

Edited by Hokie2k5
  • Thanks 1

TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
TSR2 15* Ventus TR Blue 7X
TSi2 21* MRC Tensei Raw White  70TX
T100S 4-W Modus 120X
SM9 50F/54S/58D Modus 120X
Some sort of Cameron

1 hour ago, kwainio said:

Yeah I’m a 10-10.5 in gallivanters and 9 in FJ.

Picked up a pair of SL Pro Carbons today and immediately took em out for 9 holes after work. True to size for me but I had to adjust how tight I laced them up about 8 times before I got comfortable. I never had this problem with my Adidas shoes but I like them a lot. Very stable, clean looking, and not supper narrow when I look down. Also they are very comfortable with the ortho insole BUT I still have the say my all time most comfortable shoe is the Adidas Code Chaos so far.

Ping G430 Max Driver
Callaway Paradym 3HL Fairway

Titleist TSR2 5 Fairway
Titleist U505 4
Titleist T200 5, T150 6, T100 7-GW
Mizuno T22 54D, 60X

Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser

On 5/12/2021 at 10:30 PM, Kamen said:

Picked up a pair of SL Pro Carbons today and immediately took em out for 9 holes after work. True to size for me but I had to adjust how tight I laced them up about 8 times before I got comfortable. I never had this problem with my Adidas shoes but I like them a lot. Very stable, clean looking, and not supper narrow when I look down. Also they are very comfortable with the ortho insole BUT I still have the say my all time most comfortable shoe is the Adidas Code Chaos so far.

How did you find traction compared to the code chaos? 

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

13 hours ago, LeftyMatt24 said:

How did you find traction compared to the code chaos? 

Traction is acceptable on a nice dry summer day. Very stable for sure maybe that helps but for me the code chaos provide crazy traction for a spikeless shoe.

Ping G430 Max Driver
Callaway Paradym 3HL Fairway

Titleist TSR2 5 Fairway
Titleist U505 4
Titleist T200 5, T150 6, T100 7-GW
Mizuno T22 54D, 60X

Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser

For anybody having the same heel slippage issue with the Premieres, I’m going to be giving them a shot with heel grips/stickers.

Footjoy CS is going to send me out a few pairs. I offered to purchase them myself but they insisted on sending them which was really nice.

I ended up deciding to go with size 8.5W in the Packard and Flint. I’m usually a 9M in most Footjoy for reference.

I’ll report back with my findings!

Whats in my B.A.G?
WITB Link

Tried the Premieres out today with my Amazon Wardrobe. Did not really find them all that comfortable around the ankle area. Got some Hyperflex Boa and Tour X Boa on the way. Hopefully will like one of those. 

Ping G400 Max @9.9* (Alta CB 55 Stiff)

Titleist TSi2 4 wood @16.5* (Tensei AV Blue RAW 65 Stiff)

Ping G410 7 wood @19.5(Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff)

Ping G410 4 Hybrid @23* (Alta CB 70 Stiff)

Ping G410 5 Hybrid @26* (Alta CB 70 Stiff)

Srixon ZX5 6-AW (Nippon Modus 105 Stiff)

Callaway MD5 Tour Grey W-Grind 54* & X-Grind 58*  (DG S200)

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Arm Lock Putter (Odyssey Armlock Steel 40")

Srixon Z-Star

JMX XS Ultralite Grips