eBay Return - am I defenseless?

CbusPGA91

Maybe I am the odd man out but I really do not think the buyer damaged this club. He clearly buys and sells dozens of items monthly on eBay, so why is this the one item he decided to get fraudulent with?  At the same time I do not think the seller knowingly sold a damaged club. I think somehow it was damaged in transit or someone else messed around with the putter after it was received. Which yes in this case the onus would fall on the buyer. It isn't the buyers first transaction and is very active on eBay. Just my two cents, take it how you would like.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, RTP419 said:

Also if both sides do not believe the fault lies with them, why doesn't the seller file a claim with the shipping company? You clearly have before and after photos.

That’s a great idea. I will do that. I didn’t start this thread to harass the buyer. His eBay name was requested, and I put it on here. It escalated when we all saw he was trying to sell a 3w as new when it clearly had something on the bottom stuck in between the lettering. Now he’s saying if I admit fault he will eat the $182? What kind of sense does that make? If anything that gives him more reason to back up his return claim. I am not admitting fault to something that I didn’t do. 

12 minutes ago, CbusPGA91 said:

That’s a great idea. I will do that. I didn’t start this thread to harass the buyer. His eBay name was requested, and I put it on here. It escalated when we all saw he was trying to sell a 3w as new when it clearly had something on the bottom stuck in between the lettering. Now he’s saying if I admit fault he will eat the $182? What kind of sense does that make? If anything that gives him more reason to back up his return claim. I am not admitting fault to something that I didn’t do. 

The reason said that is this whole deal is so ridiculous and i'm done with it. I would never do what you are claiming I did and being falsely accused by people who don't even know me is not right.  You posted our conversations and posted my info multiple times. You had people message me and block me when they didn't know the facts and obviously didn't know how much I buy and sell. It's just disappointing because I am not the guy you have portrayed me to be.

1 minute ago, Cwalli2 said:

The reason said that is this whole deal is so ridiculous and i'm done with it. I would never do what you are claiming I did and being falsely accused by people who don't even know me is not right.  You posted our conversations and posted my info multiple times. You had people message me and block me when they didn't know the facts and obviously didn't know how much I buy and sell. It's just disappointing because I am not the guy you have portrayed me to be.

What are you talking about? Where in this thread did I post our messages back and forth on eBay? Where in this thread did I post your info multiple times? Where in this thread did I post about what you did/do for a living? 

There's being a club ho and then there's playing once or twice a month and buying hundreds of clubs over a few years, eating all the eBay fees to resell clubs hardly used, paying $80+ for a grip that I found for $40-50, buying "two woods, set of irons, 4 wedges, and 3 putters on ebay" with unexpected bills popping up.

It isn't relevant to the post but I'm impressed, a true golfwrx'er that isn't really even on golfwrx

• Haha 2

Driver: Sim OG 8* (-2g), Diamana ZF 40x

3wood: Sim Ti Rocket 14*, SMT 3390 Tour V 50x

5wood: Sim Ti @18*, SMT 3390 Tour V 50x

4i-GW: Ke4 Max (-8g), SMT Bassara 65x +1"

SW: CBX2 52*, Rotex Precision 90g wedge flex

LW: Tour Grind MG 60*

P: 2013 Scotty Cameron Newport Black, Pistolero

Grips: Lamkin Crossline 58r

Ball: TP5X 2019

1 minute ago, CbusPGA91 said:

What are you talking about? Where in this thread did I post our messages back and forth on eBay? Where in this thread did I post your info multiple times? Where in this thread did I post about what you did/do for a living? 

You posted my info and had people message me about a club I had listed. You messaged me saying you are blasting me on golfwrx and no one will buy from me again, but you didn't want to harass me?

2 minutes ago, Cwalli2 said:

You posted my info and had people message me about a club I had listed. You messaged me saying you are blasting me on golfwrx and no one will buy from me again, but you didn't want to harass me?

You didn’t answer my question. Where did I post our eBay conversations in this thread? Where did I post your info multiple times? 

Here is how I look at it....if it weren't for ebay or golfwrx these clubs would be just sitting in our garages/basements or we would be getting pennies on the dollar for them through trade in or places like Play it Again or 2nd Swing.  So if I have to take a return every once in a while or refund a little, so be it.  In the end, it is still better off than the alternative.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cwalli2 said:

Dude you know what you did. So how did all these random people start messaging me? Where did they get my info?  Just out of the blue?

I still don’t understand why you’re dodging my questions. I didn’t tell anyone to message and harass you. Your name was requested by someone else, so I posted it. Everyone messaged you on their own. Clearly you didn’t go back and read the first few pages of the thread. 

5 minutes ago, CbusPGA91 said:

I still don’t understand why you’re dodging my questions. I didn’t tell anyone to message and harass you. Your name was requested by someone else, so I posted it. Everyone messaged you on their own. Clearly you didn’t go back and read the first few pages of the thread. 

Last message. You messaged me saying you are having people block me, not buy from me, then you posted my ebay name on here. No one would know that info if you didn't give it to them. You absolutely knew what you were doing. Your exact words were "I hope you know that you're on a lot of peoples banned list now that I aired you out on Golfwrx." Seconds after that message I started getting messages on ebay. I were in this same situation I would not have done what you did. You googled me for Pete's sake. What were you hoping to find? A way to get at me or do something over a putter? This whole deal was taken way too far by you and it shouldn't have been. That's the last I will say on this because I did nothing wrong and would never do something to rip someone off. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Cwalli2 said:

Last message. You messaged me saying you are having people block me, not buy from me, then you posted my ebay name on here. No one would know that info if you didn't give it to them. You absolutely knew what you were doing. Your exact words were "I hope you know that you're on a lot of peoples banned list now that I aired you out on Golfwrx." Seconds after that message I started getting messages on ebay. I were in this same situation I would not have done what you did. You googled me for Pete's sake. What were you hoping to find? A way to get at me or do something over a putter? This whole deal was taken way too far by you and it shouldn't have been. That's the last I will say on this because I did nothing wrong and would never do something to rip someone off. 

22 hours ago you said you would only have one post. But here you are, still posting. And was I wrong in what I said? I did air out the situation on here,  but I didn’t tell anyone to block you. You said “I will outperform you on and off the course” after I said no one wants to buy your crappy TM 3w that you can’t hit. So you’re threatening me with potential violence off the course while being 1,100 miles away from me. Okay LOL. 

Edited by CbusPGA91

2 minutes ago, CbusPGA91 said:

22 hours ago you said you would only have one post. But here you are, still posting. And was I wrong in what I said? I did air out the situation on here,  but I didn’t tell anyone to block you. You said “I will outperform you on and off the course” after I said no one wants to buy your crappy TM 3w that you can’t hit. So you’re threatening me with potential violence off the course while being 1,100 miles away from me. Okay LOL. 

Good lord man. So I'm threatening you? And you looked up how many miles you are away from me?? You are crazy man. Seriously. 

"Don't recall damage but who knows" ? That's a pretty dang important fact being left out. Either the box had damage or it didn't? It could somehow clear this situation up OR if there's a reason you don't want to divulge the information that the box was not dented or bent , because then that leads back to you in denting the face. 

I wasn't privy to see your listing on the 3w before it sold , but seems everyone else did , and if you listed something as "NEW" but it had dirt on the sole , then my friend , I would be hard pressed to believe anything you say. 

Evidentially you're not real familiar with WRX. When something like this happens to one of our members , we all want to know who it is , because frankly , we just don't want to have to go through the possibility of dealing with you or anyone else in a situation like this. We all have a life and I would venture to guess we have jobs, but we love golf and most everything about it. Thank you for coming in and giving your side , but it seems as if you can't recover from this one with the approach you've taken. 

• Like 2

This has been a great thread, thanks to all. Here are my thoughts

Buyer:

-You won the return, send the item back and it's over with. You gain nothing from going back and forth with anyone online and you will never have to see or speak to anyone involved. If you really didn't do anything wrong, just forget about this whole thing and move on

-If you caused the dent and are a liar, you are a bad person and will have to live with the shame. Learn from this and take some steps to being better. It's not too late for an apology and canceling the return

Seller: 

-If you didn't cause the dent, tough loss here. It happens to everyone who does these transactions and I feel for you. You're probably a good person and hopefully something good happens to you to make up for it. A hole-in-one perhaps. Sell the dented putter for $50 on Craigslist

-If you did cause the dent and are a liar, donate the club to a junior golf program and stop taking deceptive photos

Miscellaneous comments:

-I don't think the putter was dented during shipment. That dent was not caused by blunt force. One of you is lying

-Don't act like you didn't know what would happen once you posted his Ebay username on here

-Googling the buyer was normal, but allowing him to know you did was weird

-Buyer is definitely a better golfer, but also more of a d**k

-There has to be a better way to test clubs than constantly buying and selling on eBay. You lose $20+ per transaction. Showing us all those transactions made you seem legitimately crazy. Go hit clubs at Golf Galaxy man

-The 3 wood on eBay looked pretty good. Was probably played a few times and "mint 9.8/10 condition", but not "Brand New". May have considered it if it had a better shaft

• Like 3

I just want my putter back. I’ll give it to one of my junior golfers that I teach. They’ll enjoy it even if there is a dent in the face now. I wouldn’t make this whole thread if I was lying and being deceptive. Clearly this guy buys and sells way more than I do. I’m not acting like I didn’t know what would happen if I posted his name on here. I’ve seen plenty of threads on here of people asking for usernames and calling them out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CbusPGA91 said:

I just want my putter back. I’ll give it to one of my junior golfers that I teach. They’ll enjoy it even if there is a dent in the face now. I wouldn’t make this whole thread if I was lying and being deceptive. Clearly this guy buys and sells way more than I do. I’m not acting like I didn’t know what would happen if I posted his name on here. I’ve seen plenty of threads on here of people asking for usernames and calling them out. 

Does TM offer replacement inserts on the Spider putters? Being they do the “My Spider” series , seems like you could get another insert? 

Edited by golffeen007

4 hours ago, Cwalli2 said:

It's not a flex it's showing you that I wouldn't randomly single this dude out and decide to damage a club and try and return it for the first time in my life. 

3 hours ago, RTP419 said:

Maybe I am the odd man out but I really do not think the buyer damaged this club. He clearly buys and sells dozens of items monthly on eBay, so why is this the one item he decided to get fraudulent with?  At the same time I do not think the seller knowingly sold a damaged club. I think somehow it was damaged in transit or someone else messed around with the putter after it was received. Which yes in this case the onus would fall on the buyer. It isn't the buyers first transaction and is very active on eBay. Just my two cents, take it how you would like.

The theory is that maybe he accidentally damaged the putter face. While playing golf, for example.

We don't know if that happened, but it would explain why he "singled out" this club to return.

So your argument doesn't really hold water. Maybe this is the first time he's ever dented a face like that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1