Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

Ended up putting in a pre-order for a GC3.  Buy Once, Cry Once I guess.  As far as the FSX Play, this is what I got about it from the Rep:

FSX Play is a new software we are looking to roll out and will be made as a free upgrade for any permanent license holder of our current FSX 2020

At this point I can say we are making enhancements to the graphics and we will release more courses, features, functions, etc.  We plan to roll that out in the next month as well and provide new updates monthly in the beginning.  We will also give you another 5 free courses once FSX Play rolls out for release

34 minutes ago, DinoSpumoni228 said:

Just like most people figured, it looks like they are going to attempt to push the Bushnell unit out to the masses while catering to the fanatics with the fully unlocked foresight unit. Good to see. Keeps people who know what they want happy while still allowing Vista to attract new users with the subscription model.

I really just wish they wouldn't have locked spin and spin axis behind a paywall.  I wish their breakdown would have looked more like this.

$3k for machine with all ball data unlocked

$4k for machine with ball data and club data (that it can measure) unlocked.

Basic 3D range software included

Full Featured 3D range software + unlocked for use with all 3rd party simulator software +$500 dollars (one time payment).

FSX Simulator Software with Online Functions +$500 (one time payment and comes with 10 courses) option to buy more courses.

FSX Simulator Software with Online Functions $250/yr but access to all courses

Accident Coverage +$100/yr 😜

-$3k nets you a genuinely useful machine for at the range and on the course creating serious competition amongst the entry level full ball measurement devices.

-$4k nets you a genuinely useful machine for at the range and on the course and gives limited but useful club data beyond what competitors offer.

-$3.5k or $4.5k nets you a machine that can do the above but also allow you to play on any of your preferred simulator software which usually cost quite a bit on their own.

-$4k or $5k nets you all of the above plus Foresights own simulator software, online functionality with 10 courses.  Option to buy other courses.

-$3.5k +$250/yr or $4k +$250/yr nets you the above plus all the other courses.

Just some side notes... One major benefit for not forcing their own sim software on us is competition.  They can no longer be lazy with their updates, graphics etc.  They need to compete with the other offerings out there.  Consumer's benefit and innovation occurs.  I would also think the online validation check in stuff needs to be trashed, as well as the transfer fees and crap that are notorious with them and other companies.

Just my 2 cents.  

Edited by clevited
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Swing hard in case you hit it!

47 minutes ago, DinoSpumoni228 said:

Just like most people figured, it looks like they are going to attempt to push the Bushnell unit out to the masses while catering to the fanatics with the fully unlocked foresight unit. Good to see. Keeps people who know what they want happy while still allowing Vista to attract new users with the subscription model.

Wow that’s the Patriot in Tulsa and I am friends with one of the guys in there... I’ll have to ask him how it did!

6 minutes ago, clevited said:

I really just wish they wouldn't have locked spin and spin axis behind a paywall.  I wish their breakdown would have looked more like this.

$3k for machine with all ball data unlocked

$4k for machine with ball data and club data (that it can measure) unlocked.

Basic 3D range software included

Full Featured 3D range software + unlocked for use with all 3rd party simulator software +$500 dollars (one time payment).

FSX Simulator Software with Online Functions +$500 (one time payment and comes with 10 courses) option to buy more courses.

FSX Simulator Software with Online Functions $250/yr but access to all courses

Accident Coverage +$100/yr 😜

-$3k nets you a genuinely useful machine for at the range and on the course creating serious competition amongst the entry level full ball measurement devices.

-$4k nets you a genuinely useful machine for at the range and on the course and gives limited but useful club data beyond what competitors offer.

-$3.5k or $4.5k nets you a machine that can do the above but also allow you to play on any of your preferred simulator software which usually cost quite a bit on their own.

-$4k or $5k nets you all of the above plus Foresights own simulator software, online functionality with 10 courses.  Option to buy other courses.

-$3.5k +$250/yr or $4k +$250/yr nets you the above plus all the other courses.

Just some side notes... One major benefit for not forcing their own sim software on us is competition.  They can no longer be lazy with their updates, graphics etc.  They need to compete with the other offerings out there.  Consumer's benefit and innovation occurs.  I would also think the online validation check in stuff needs to be trashed, as well as the transfer fees and crap that are notorious with them and other companies.

Just my 2 cents.  

I had saved up a bunch of "hobby" money for something like this, specifically to buy their simulator.  I was ready to go with ordering one.  Then they took a dump on that plan with the worst bottom 2 package deals imaginable.  

So I continue to wait (going on 4 years, so what difference is a 5th) for someone to come along with a decent range option.  

I'm only going to use this thing maybe 2-3 hours a week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gibbiesmalls said:

Please do tell more 🙂

I don't get it lol

Did someone already say this or something? Sorry if they did, just trying to relay the info I received after placing my order - not gonna read through 10 pages of the thread after this thing blew up overnight to see what has already been posted.

25 minutes ago, crussogolf said:

Does anybody in the U.S. have a reliable Foresight rep that they could DM me contact info for?  I would like to get a pre-order in before they sell through.  Thanks!

Just DM'd you. You only have a couple hrs left tho. He told me to get him my order by 5pm PST when I emailed him this morning.

2 minutes ago, DBC said:

Sorry for the newbie question, but do we still need a gaming computer to run the Bushnell LP with the gold membership?

Technically no, you can see your numbers on the on screen display. If you want to do any simulated golf you need either an iPad (FSXPro) or ($1000ish) gaming pc (both FSX pro and FSX 2020)E507AF95-6CF5-4A74-A275-673F0B2F4A36.jpeg.3eb023dbb1a2b573ee33615b171cfb1c.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, James495738 said:

I have posted numerous times on this, I reckon you need to be plus figures before there is any chance you will be more accurate than a ST.

Alternatively if your ball speed is >170 you are likely to be frustrated by it

This becomes especially true if you average a few shots. An individual shot might be slightly (especially spin axis) off but the average of a few shots is likely to be spot on.

Not to derail this thread but I’m a mid single digit and have owned a SkyTrak and I disagree with not noticing it’s shortcomings. 

the horizontal launch angle tolerance is +|- 2 degrees if memory serves and mine was marginally higher I believe. I aligned the unit by hitting shots dead straight at a string and it would clearly measure straight shots both left and right by a couple degrees even hitting the centre string. I would constantly have shots that were push draws come off as pull draws which any skill level will be mislead by. A couple degrees doesn’t sound like a lot until you start making changes to eliminate pulls you don’t actually have. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WallysWorld said:

I feel like a broken record. FSX is a lot more than a plain driving range. With fully unlocked systems, it's a very powerful tool. This is why PGA coaching professionals and fitters use it.

You can stop repeating yourself. We hear you.

We also know better as FSX is hot garbage compared to other options on the market.

Titleist TSR2 9* Ventus Blue 6X

Ping G410 2H

Ping G400 3H

Mizuno Pro 225 4i-GW

Mizuno T22 54S/58C Blue Ion LE

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7

Overall a impressive piece of hardware but . . . Not the software 

The TGC2019 sim golf community is massive and for reason! 

To release this with the pathetic software is a massive error and won’t sway people who are happy with Skytrak and TGC2019 for sim golf. Not talking fitters and the likes here. 

With a new Skytrak device in the works (patents approved google it) I think their will be lots who will hold out for that. 

I repeat again to release a product with a graphics software engine that is years and years behind the competition is astounding. How can you have a product that only works with Nvidia ? Seriously ?

I do see in the next 6-18 months more LM’s coming to market so it’s going to sure get interesting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MiuraWanKinobi said:

Overall a impressive piece of hardware but . . . Not the software 

The TGC2019 sim golf community is massive and for reason! 

To release this with the pathetic software is a massive error and won’t sway people who are happy with Skytrak and TGC2019 for sim golf. Not talking fitters and the likes here. 

With a new Skytrak device in the works (patents approved google it) I think their will be lots who will hold out for that. 

I repeat again to release a product with a graphics software engine that is years and years behind the competition is astounding. How can you have a product that only works with Nvidia ? Seriously ?

I do see in the next 6-18 months more LM’s coming to market so it’s going to sure get interesting. 

Spot on! If Foresight/Bushnell would support TGC 2019 and GS PRO, not through some hack like GC2/4, but openly support it, they’d have at least one more GC3 customer.

6 hours ago, Celeras said:

You can stop repeating yourself. We hear you.

We also know better as FSX is hot garbage compared to other options on the market.

I'm sorry but it's not garbage. Go tell that to fitters like TXG guys and they will laughed at you. You know that Foresight gathered the top 40 fitters and pga pros to develop FSX Pro?

What are you actually comparing? If you are complaining about graphics this has been covered over and over again. 

Hopefully the new FSX will be in line with Trackman’s or even GS pro graphics. 

TGC seriously blows. The game will never be fixed with the bugs- so have fun with that. They haven't updated any of the features and the development company that created TGC HAS been acquired is now working with EA Sports and Trackman to develop the new Tiger Woods video game. 

E6 connect is also super buggy. The new handicap feature that they just rolled out doesn't even work! Lol 

Edited by WallysWorld

Fsx is good for fitters, but home sim users want an emersive experience which means the 1990s graphics don't cut it. They also want a large course library and online tours without paying per course. We are therefore back to enterprise vs consumer and fsx is most definitely enterprise oriented software.

Tgc19 is an unfinished game, I dont understand how it fails to even log data or have practise facilities. Fsx is way better for this.

Unfortunately the best sim was jnpg which trackman bought and then kept for themselves. It is no surprise they are miles ahead as a result...

Edited by James495738

I agree the graphics are not great and it's expensive but this a model they have always used, so I've learn to accept it for what it is. I could be wrong but doesn't Trackman and Full Swing also charge per course? Hopefully the new graphics and with the addition of new subscribers from BLP there will be a better gaming experience like TGC and GS pro. 

The new GS pro looks amazing btw. I really hope it works with GC3

Edited by WallysWorld

27 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

I agree the graphics are not great and it's expensive but this a model they have always used, so I've learn to accept it for what it is. I could be wrong but doesn't Trackman and Full Swing also charge per course? Hopefully the new graphics and with the addition of new subscribers from BLP there will be a better gaming experience like TGC and GS pro. 

Is anyone using GSPro on a GC2?  If so, what did it require to run?

1 hour ago, WallysWorld said:

Trackman is $1k per year or $2k per 3 years (so can be cheaper than gold subscription) and includes all courses except ultra premium (Pebble, Spyglass, Spanish Banks and I believe Oakmont). They gave roughly 100 included courses and add 1-3 a month I’d say. 

I said this before any info came out on GC3 I wanted a $5k unit and Trackman software (obviously I knew this wouldn’t occur). If Foresight’s upgrade puts the sim software on par with TM it’s still less value as you’re buying every other course you want for $100 to $250 and you’re locked in to Foresight ecosystem once you’ve bought a bunch of courses (what they want). 

2 minutes ago, CStephenson17 said:

Ok sure but why would we do that? So we will have a Launch Pro and GC3 on equal footing at that point.... 

but you will have to deal with Bushnell customer service instead of Foresight.

seems like if you wanted to do this may as well just buy the GC3

That would be fine if they let you pay the $800/year and when you hit 4k it's yours.  Or even 5k which would basically treat it as a financed option.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TD22057 said:

That would be fine if they let you pay the $800/year and when you hit 4k it's yours.  Or even 5k which would basically treat it as a financed option.

I would think if they were to do that though they will for sure charge for the next version of FSX after the 2022 version