Da 2021 thread of da college fooball

bscinstnct

5 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

Georgia vs Clemson on! They always play this early in the season?

They aren't in the same conference. Georgia - SEC, Clemson - ACC. First time they have played each other since 2014. Unless they meet in the CFB playoffs this season they won't meet again until 2024. They have faced each other 5 times in 26 years. That game tonight was awful. Do you actually pay attention to CFB?

Edited by grm24
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, grm24 said:

They aren't in the same conference. Georgia - SEC, Clemson - ACC. First time they have played each other since 2014. Unless they meet in the CFB playoffs this season they won't meet again until 2024. They have faced each other 5 times in 26 years. That game tonight was awful. Do you actually pay attention to CFB?

Well thanks grm!

Yes, I been watchin da college fooball since I was a little children every Saturday. I never really paid attention to all the conferences though lol. 

I definitely used to watch a lot more and remember watching these games ; )

Kieth Jackson calling Bo Jackson!!

General observations from Week One.  

UGA (SEC) v. Clemson (ACC):  Zero offensive TD's.  Defense rules.  B1G:  Defensive FB is boring and doesn't win in the modern era.  

LSU and Clemson:  Ain't so easy to win without your stud QB.  

UNC:  Perennially overrated.

B12 Conference:  Who cares.  May not exist in a couple years.  UT will no longer be BMOC in the SEC.  OU better learn to play some defense.  Iowa State and Kansas to the B1G?  Think so.  Eventually.  

Throwing for 10 TD's in game is impressive (Ren Hefley, Presbyterian), regardless of the level (FCS).

Let's cut to the chase:  Alabama and tOSU for the Natty.  Both reloaded.  And have my reasons to despise both.  

MSU:  Nice conference win on the road.  Let's see how they do in Coral Gables next week.  

UMAA:  Harbaugh changes the color of his pants (earth tilts off axis).  Wolverines dominant once again.  

• Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

10 minutes ago, Fellaheen51 said:

Greatest mishandled snap ever!  Sound strategy to line up two wide to cover the non-existent return man downfield. 

Ha! Then the two offensive backs ignore the guys rushing unblocked!

Always liked Spartans. Great defense is a tradition I believe ; )

16 hours ago, Fellaheen51 said:

UGA (SEC) v. Clemson (ACC):  Zero offensive TD's.  Defense rules.  B1G:  Defensive FB is boring and doesn't win in the modern era.  

B12 Conference:  Who cares.  May not exist in a couple years.  UT will no longer be BMOC in the SEC.  OU better learn to play some defense.  Iowa State and Kansas to the B1G?  Think so.  Eventually.  

Throwing for 10 TD's in game is impressive (Ren Hefley, Presbyterian), regardless of the level (FCS).

Let's cut to the chase:  Alabama and tOSU for the Natty.  Both reloaded.  And have my reasons to despise both.  

MSU:  Nice conference win on the road.  Let's see how they do in Coral Gables next week.  

UMAA:  Harbaugh changes the color of his pants (earth tilts off axis).  Wolverines dominant once again.  

do tell ... 

16 hours ago, Fellaheen51 said:

def kansas ... not sure about isu, but they are impressive, athletically and academically ... sucks for the other big12 folks ... i understand the money talks, but i do not like the ut/ou move to the sec ... not because i think ut will become some kind of kingpin in the sec, but because i lived in texas 20 years before moving back home ... they are arrogant, athletically speaking, and have always been over-rated ... they are not a 'blue blood', by any means, imo, and bring less than ou, currently speaking ... 

18 hours ago, Fellaheen51 said:

Agreed. Reminded me when David Klingler threw 11 touchdowns for the University of Houston in a game in the late 80's or early 90's. At some point this season Michigan could probably use a QB like Hefley as he transferred to Presbyterian.

Edited by grm24

A lil’ PAC-12 conference UCLA upsetting a big bad SEC LSU team was pretty awesome IMO 😊

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32160109/ucla-football-turns-comment-made-lsu-coach-ed-orgeron-shirt-creation%3fplatform=amp

Edited by TiScape
  • Like 1

I hate week one.  I mean I like that there were some big matchups but at the same time with no preseason in CFB, did any teams screw themselves over by going big out of the gate?  I hate sitting at the end of a game trying to figure out if a team is actually good or bad since there is no body of work yet.  Most games weren't even very enjoyable to watch.

My Spartans looked decent.  Actually scored some points, looks like a QB that is a decent decision maker and a good new running back.  But no clue if Northwestern is actually good or bad. 

• Like 1

It was nice to see a few decent matchups in week one. Typically it’s a powerhouse vs. the school for the blind! (cupcake game) 😂 But it is phenomenal when the sacrificial lamb school wins! Think 2007 Michigan losing to Appalachian State. Haha. Some people don’t know that these big football schools pay the smaller schools to come in and play them. So Michigan paid Appalachian State to come in and play (lose to) them and then lost! Ouch. 

Edited by TiScape

It was cool to see college football back with crowds and some semblance of normalcy.

The preseason polls are always absolute BS - just a popularity contest, wishful thinking, or an attempt to make it seam more competitive than it actually is.

I'll never understand how Miami gets ranked in the top ten seemingly every year. OU didn't look good vs. Tulane. ND beating Florida State is not a very big accomplishment. LSU looks like they might be in for a long season. Poor corndoggers.

In the end, it seems like it is always going to come down to the SEC vs. one of 5 or so teams that can complete with them.

But, it was fun to see Bo Nix and the Tigers shellac Akron, and I'm sure they will do the same to 'Bama State. The game against Penn State should be a good watch as well the week after next. 

Auburn has a pretty brutal schedule, but I think they are going to be better than advertised. We will just have to see how it goes.

In any event, War Eagle and thank god I went to the SEC for grad school. Otherwise I'd be forced to watch Colorado State and the Mountain West. Ugh.

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

Dont know if anyone is beating Bama, theyre really good (same every year)...wondering how good Ole Miss can be, the defense looked good...and I gotta believe Coach O is on the hot seat. Terrible year last year and then the UCLA loss. Im sure most can be ok with the season last year with all that was going on around but I dont know if he makes it to Christmas. Leach at Mississippi St may be on a hot seat or at the least a very warm seat. 

On 9/7/2021 at 8:15 PM, tiderider said:

D0lA.gif

While not an Alabama fan (respect the hell out of what they've accomplished) I always get a good laugh out of this edited and mocking ND picture. IIRC this picture first surfaced after the 2013 NC game. I wish 'Bama had won that game by about 28 more! Too bad Nick called off the troops. 

Bama.jpg.57e7b80fd0f910fc681ac5eaf76cf174.jpg

Edited by grm24

On 9/11/2021 at 4:09 PM, TiScape said:

Ducks go into ‘The Shoe’ and take out Ohio State! 🙌🏼🏈🦆

Love it! 

That plus Dabo loosing early and the season is looking like a good one.  Get those two down a peg or two so we don’t have to hear how invincible they are All season. 

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

On 9/5/2021 at 7:12 AM, Fellaheen51 said:

Greatest mishandled snap ever!  Sound strategy to line up two wide to cover the non-existent return man downfield. 

Hey Hey, congrats F51!

Caught the 4th Q. Your boys played big time. Forced Fumble converted for 6 and then that INT to ice it off, nice ; )

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

Hey Hey, congrats F51!

Caught the 4th Q. Your boys played big time. Forced Fumble converted for 6 and then that INT to ice it off, nice ; )

Yeah, nice win on the road against a top 25 (barely) opponent.  Liked how they took control of the game in the second half, especially the 4th quarter. Making opportunistic plays on defense, turning them into TD's.  Made for a comfortable watch late in the game.  

Lot of question marks prior to the start of the season.  Primarily on the O side of the ball.  The biggest being QB.  Thorne has solidified the position with his capable and mistake free play (4 TD's yesterday).  Kenneth Walker III making a case for being the best RB in the country currently (172 yards, 1 receiving  TD yesterday.  OL improving as a unit.  Impressed with HC Tucker and staff and the job they're doing.  

The B1G East will be a slog (OSU, PSU, UM).  Even Rutgers (??) should not be take for granted, especially at home.  The upcoming game @Rutgers (10/9) has me nervous.  Schiano has them playing with respectability.  Prior to the start of the season, thought 7-5 was optimistic.  Now, think they have the opportunity to be better than that.  We shall see.  First things first, take care of the Huskers at home next week 

• Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

On 9/19/2021 at 5:52 AM, Fellaheen51 said:

Yeah, nice win on the road against a top 25 (barely) opponent.  Liked how they took control of the game in the second half, especially the 4th quarter. Making opportunistic plays on defense, turning them into TD's.  Made for a comfortable watch late in the game.  

Lot of question marks prior to the start of the season.  Primarily on the O side of the ball.  The biggest being QB.  Thorne has solidified the position with his capable and mistake free play (4 TD's yesterday).  Kenneth Walker III making a case for being the best RB in the country currently (172 yards, 1 receiving  TD yesterday.  OL improving as a unit.  Impressed with HC Tucker and staff and the job they're doing.  

The B1G East will be a slog (OSU, PSU, UM).  Even Rutgers (??) should not be take for granted, especially at home.  The upcoming game @Rutgers (10/9) has me nervous.  Schiano has them playing with respectability.  Prior to the start of the season, thought 7-5 was optimistic.  Now, think they have the opportunity to be better than that.  We shall see.  First things first, take care of the Huskers at home next week 

Seems like it’s always a good game between MSU and Nebraska. Personally, I wasn’t as impressed by my Huskers against Oklahoma as many were. Still way too many mental mistakes and undisciplined play to beat a decent team. Oklahoma didn’t look to me like a top five team. QB Rattler is way too inconsistent. I’m guessing MSU by a couple TDs. 

On 9/18/2021 at 3:22 PM, TiScape said:

Watching Alabama vs. Florida. It amazes me that Alabama can get so many top tier athletes with the extremely high academic standards the university has. 🙃 Found a GIF that represents the 17% of the applicants that don’t get accepted! 🤣monkeys GIF 

7E0FA41B-099F-4083-90F3-E1285BDB3994.jpeg

so edgy ...