New LAB golf putter—Mezz

Liveonce

23 hours ago, Aucaveman said:

I finally got my fitting and ordered a mezz. Came in at 35/67*.  But I got a couple of questions for @labgolf . I’ve never even seen a mezz, much less putted with one. My fitting was done on a 2.1. Do you guys have a return if the mezz isn’t all I hope it is. I have no problem with the 2.1. I just wanted the more conventional looking putter. Also, what is the shipping delay on the mezz? I was told 2-5 weeks. Could you narrow it down for me. Thanks in advance. 

we do have a 1 week return policy though we hope you'll keep it! All our putters are custom so taking returns is rough. It won't be as forgiving as your DF but much more wieldy. I like haing both as I seem to do a bit better on slick greens with the MEZZ. We are turning Mezz putter in about 2 weeks now.

More to come, but… I just got mine in.  I putt with a very flat lie and short putter. (32” 64* lie)  I’d say putting is definitely a strength, but this is the first putter that has ever felt right in my hands.  Im beyond stoked with the feel rolling it at home and the black Accra on the blacked out head just looks right.  Crazy how straight every putt rolls.  Hopefully it translates to the course!    Thanks to all the conversation in this forum that convinced me to jump on this bad boy!

Edited by Jooshs
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, hdcp0 said:

What is difference between Mezz proto and production model?

When i asked that question in an email (I have the proto and was a little perturbed that the retail version came out $150 cheaper about a month after the proto delivered) here is what I was told:

"The putter you have has more expensive materials, tighter tolerances, and went through a much more significant quality control process. Additionally, as you can see on the bottom of your putter, it does have a serial number making it that much more valuable"

I doubt the demand for the proto is high and most people probably wouldn't notice a difference and it's not like it's a Scotty with high resale value.  After adding the Accra shaft, my proto was over $750!  I love the putter, but am bummed that I overpaid when I could have gotten one a month later for $150 less.  Yes... i'm sure mine is better made, but doubt the quality of the retail version is that much different.  Not gonna give up the putter for quite some time though!  You'd have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands!  🙂

• Like 1

I’m about 8 rounds in with the mezz. I’m coming from the df1. Loved the putter but sometimes I wouldn’t take a confident stroke just cause looking at the head I felt that it would just send the ball taking off. I know theoretically it was a normal waited club but the size of it.m was definitely causing inconsistent strokes (lots of short putts) 

I used the same specs for the mezz and I must say I’m rolling it well. Inside 6 feet are getting much easier. Keep in mind I’m a 7 index with a weak short game. I keep my index low because I can reach most par 5’s in 2 and usually go driver wedge or short iron on most holes. I never was a feel putter. Always mechanical straight back straight forward. The pace and  of the mezz is awesome. I’ve literally used every putter out there and this Is by far the best. 
if u do a little betting this putter will make your money back and then some!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, psuh71 said:

I’m about 8 rounds in with the mezz. I’m coming from the df1. Loved the putter but sometimes I wouldn’t take a confident stroke just cause looking at the head I felt that it would just send the ball taking off. I know theoretically it was a normal waited club but the size of it.m was definitely causing inconsistent strokes (lots of short putts) 

I used the same specs for the mezz and I must say I’m rolling it well. Inside 6 feet are getting much easier. Keep in mind I’m a 7 index with a weak short game. I keep my index low because I can reach most par 5’s in 2 and usually go driver wedge or short iron on most holes. I never was a feel putter. Always mechanical straight back straight forward. The pace and  of the mezz is awesome. I’ve literally used every putter out there and this Is by far the best. 

Can't wait to get my Mezz. This season is all about the short game. You look at any pro winning nowadays they have an exceptional putting week and their strokes gained approach is generally off the charts. the Mezz i'm hoping will take a lot of the stress out of putts and just let the putter do it's job, allowing for more work in the short game to dial in those scores.

Wish we didn't have such long winter's here in Ontario.

• Like 1

Driver - Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 8° w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood - Ping G425 14.5° w/ Fujikura Ventus Black 7X

Hybrid - Ping G425 17° w/ Accra TZ SIX 85H M5

Hybrid - Ping G430 20.5° w/ Accra TZ6 Proto 85H M5

5 Iron - Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal Pro w/ Nippon Modus 120S

6-GW - Mizuno JPX 923 Forged w/ Nippon Modus 120S

Sand Wedge - Callaway JAWS Full Toe Raw Black 53° w/ Nippon Modus 125

Lob Wedge - Callaway JAWS Full Toe Raw Black 58° w/ BGT ZNE 130

Putter - Odyssey Ai-One Double Wide DB 32.5" w/ Garsen Max Grip

Ball - Callaway Chrome Tour Triple Track

Adam Scott in a Silver (unpainted?) Mezz.1 proto at the WM Phoenix open this week with his typical broom handle style grip.  @labgolf Any info?

Edited by KhiloD
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, KhiloD said:

Adam Scott in a Silver (unpainted?) Mezz.1 proto at the WM Phoenix open this week with his typical broom handle style grip.  @labgolf Any info?

His is a one off proto we sent him just to start the design process. We have some in the works with his changes but he keeps liking this proto more and more.

Lab, any estimates when us normal folk will be able to order a Mezz broomstick?  If you need a Guinea pig I’m willing to buy another proto 🙂

and for the love of god make that raw aluminum an option.  Adam Scott’s putter is perfection.  

Edited by manVSgolf
  • Like 3

got the DF2.1 last year and I did not think that any other putter would make me change but the MEZZ Broom looks awesome... but need to save some cash first 😄

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Tripple Diamond *9, Fujikura Motore X F1 6 XStiff

Hybrid 2 Callaway Epic 

Irons: Mizuno MP5

Wedges: Honma

Putter: Scotty Kombi Long

Ball: Pro v1 

On 2/10/2022 at 9:30 AM, manVSgolf said:

Lab, any estimates when us normal folk will be able to order a Mezz broomstick?  If you need a Guinea pig I’m willing to buy another proto 🙂

and for the love of god make that raw aluminum an option.  Adam Scott’s putter is perfection.  

Its up now though be patient.. a little premature on the release but wanted to catch the Adam Scott wave! No plans to release raw. Its aluminum and scratches really easily and the scratches look terrible.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 1:25 AM, psuh71 said:

I had the same mental block with the my DF1 and DF2.1

I loved and hated my OG and DF2.1! I was too inconsistent and figured it out it was just me (the technology is amazing)... I think the head size it was visually messing with my mind. I would leave a lot of short birdie putts short then I would over compensate and blow it by next hole rinse and repeat. But for whatever reason I made a ton of BOMBS because I just swung freely. I finally gave up and just put my Anser back in (and sucking more at putting LOL)

I was going to try a BLad, but then the mezz is out now and it hit the one thing i just wanted to change was the size (I would of been fine with a mini version of the 2.1 too) ! I have one coming in as we speak!

glad to be back on the LAB train

Edited by vietnameeh
  • Like 1

PXG 0311XF Gen 5 7.5* Ventus Black 6X
Titleist 913D2 12* UST Mamiya Tour Green 75X
PXG Gen5 19* Ventus Black 10TX
Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
Taylormade Spider Long Broomstick
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

On 2/18/2022 at 12:42 PM, vietnameeh said:

I had the same mental block with the my DF1 and DF2.1

I loved and hated my OG and DF2.1! I was too inconsistent and figured it out it was just me (the technology is amazing)... I think the head size it was visually messing with my mind. I would leave a lot of short birdie putts short then I would over compensate and blow it by next hole rinse and repeat. But for whatever reason I made a ton of BOMBS because I just swung freely. I finally gave up and just put my Anser back in (and sucking more at putting LOL)

I was going to try a BLad, but then the mezz is out now and it hit the one thing i just wanted to change was the size (I would of been fine with a mini version of the 2.1 too) ! I have one coming in as we speak!

glad to be back on the LAB train

Welcome back!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jasonTeI3 said:

I have developed a little bit of what I would assume is a “yip”. Doesn’t happen that often, maybe a couple times a round but when it does it’s an ugly yank left. I guess my question is would this putter be good at fixing that issue? Also has anyone not putted well with it?

I truly believe that the yips are very often a reaction to torque. We have had lots of customers tell us that over time the twitch melts away. I would recommend the DF over the Mezz for this issue

4 hours ago, labgolf said:

I truly believe that the yips are very often a reaction to torque. We have had lots of customers tell us that over time the twitch melts away. I would recommend the DF over the Mezz for this issue

Yeah I can’t do the DF. No disrespect but I would just as well miss a couple extra putts  a round then have to look down at that. Is there a reason that the mezz wouldn’t be as good

49 minutes ago, jasonTeI3 said:

Yeah I can’t do the DF. No disrespect but I would just as well miss a couple extra putts  a round then have to look down at that. Is there a reason that the mezz wouldn’t be as good

I find the idea of "look" to be so over-rated. To each there own but I'd never sacrifice strokes because it "looks weird". I'd hit a garbage can lid duct taped to a hockey stick if it was the most optimal thing to use.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KhiloD said:

I find the idea of "look" to be so over-rated. To each there own but I'd never sacrifice strokes because it "looks weird". I'd hit a garbage can lid duct taped to a hockey stick if it was the most optimal thing to use.

I hear you but with me it’s not like a vanity sort of thing, it’s that I’m so ADD that having something that crazy looking down there kills me. 

Great customer service! My Mezz was a bit loo light so I experimented w lead tape and contacted Philip at LAB. No problem he said, I sent it in with the tape on it and they matched it and sent it back, only cost was shipping it to them. I think it was a week total time and came back spot on!!

Thank You LAB once again.

BW

• Like 3

Just ordered my mez1 broomstick…I’m very excto get this on the course. Love the short stick, but I don’t sweat the 4-5 footers with  the broom.

• Like 2

Ping g430 10K w/ Ventus Red 6-S

TaylorMade iq10 5 Wood w/ TD-70-S

Taylormade Stage 2 Tour hybrid w/Fujikura Speeder HB-S

PXG 0317t w/steelfiber i95-S 5-PW

SM8. 52* & 58* TM High Toe

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Taylormade TP5X

got my mezz in the mail friday and just played my 1st round with it, only 15 minutes of practice beforehand.

Started every single putt on my intended line.  The ball jumps off the face more then my old putter so I was nuking some putts through the breaks, nothing some more practice won't fix.  4-5 footers feel automatic with this thing, just breezing them in.

Now to figure out how to read the greens better lol 

• Like 1