New LAB golf putter—Mezz

Liveonce

On 6/10/2022 at 9:41 AM, bluedot said:

I am a side saddle putter and have a Mezz XL on order at a length of 44” and a head weight of 500 grams. I believe they use the XL for long putters so they have “room” to add sufficient weight.  No idea if they recommend the XL for conventional putting or not.

But they are pretty good at answering emails; you might try asking them directly.

On 6/10/2022 at 8:18 AM, Rbsiedsc said:

So I saw on the site there is a Mezz xl. How does one order that @labgolfamd what are the benefits?

The Mezz MAX (XL head but for conventional putters) will be available in July.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, rhines89 said:

Any comparisons between this and a traditional center shaft mallet (Scotty Cameron, Odyssey, Rife, etc) looks great and reviews have been great. I definitely want to give one a try. 

Thats applea to oranges. While our putters are center shafted, that is the only commonality. The putters you mentioned have plenty of torque. Check our website to learn a little bit more about what we do regarding torque if you don't know about it already.

On 6/13/2022 at 12:59 PM, labgolf said:

Thats applea to oranges. While our putters are center shafted, that is the only commonality. The putters you mentioned have plenty of torque. Check our website to learn a little bit more about what we do regarding torque if you don't know about it already.

Edit.  Found the answer by looking at a buddy’s with the press grip.  

next question.  Any discount codes for Wrx members ?? 

Edited by bladehunter
  • Thanks 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

On 6/18/2022 at 8:43 PM, NDSwim said:

Played my first round after a decent amount of practice.  My miss is a push.  I’ve moved the ball position up and even trying putting without thumbs.

Still need more practice, but any advice for the push?

Get your hands a little higher relative to your forearms. You can do this by just leaning over a little more and/or leaning over and backing up a hair (like maybe an inch - not a lot). Fidget around with that positioning until your path straightens out. I usually find this is easiest to sort out up against a wall in the house without a ball. Good luck. 

16 hours ago, Canyonaro said:

Get your hands a little higher relative to your forearms. You can do this by just leaning over a little more and/or leaning over and backing up a hair (like maybe an inch - not a lot). Fidget around with that positioning until your path straightens out. I usually find this is easiest to sort out up against a wall in the house without a ball. Good luck. 

Will give it a try, thank you

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@labgolf I was surprised to see Jason Dufner on the Mezz at the Barbasol. Very interesting but it looks like that's the XL head? No?

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

My standard head 33.5 inch Mezz 1 with Accra shaft has arrived. This one is built at 370g head weight, 10g heavier than standard, because that is what I typically play. Great looking putter. Feels very nice. Rolling it indoors for now. Lots of rain in the DMV region this weekend. 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

@labgolf any trade up programs to go from original Mezz.1 to Mezz Max?  The small head doesnt work for me but I am hoping the larger head will...

Ping G430 Max w/HZRDUS Black 6.5

Srixon Zx Utility 3 Iron w/TourAD Di 95x

Callaway Apex MB 18 7-P w/PX LZ Blackout 6.5

Callaway Apex TCB 6 Iron w/PX LZ Blackout 6.5

Sub 70 685 CB 4 & 5 Iron w/PX LZ Blackout 6.5

Vokey SM9 50,54,58 w/S400TI

Cleveland RTX ZipCore Full Face 65 w/S400TI

LAB Golf Link.1

GFore Daytona Golf Bag 

Early returns but the consistency of my strike is much better with the Mezz1. The built-in slight forward press makes it easy. The feel is excellent, very smooth. The 1.5 grip really suits me. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

Hey @labgolf – quick question about the new model. I want to say I remember reading the size of Mezz.1 armlock was bigger than the normal version. That being said, if I want to order a broomstick model, would there be a difference between Mezz.1 broomstick vs. Mezz.Max broomstick or would it be around the same size?

STUNNING....

Great work @labgolf - really nice YouTube to showcase your next evolution of Mezz.

Lovely, really lovely

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 3

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2022 at 10:34 AM, spdmb8888 said:

Hey @labgolf – quick question about the new model. I want to say I remember reading the size of Mezz.1 armlock was bigger than the normal version. That being said, if I want to order a broomstick model, would there be a difference between Mezz.1 broomstick vs. Mezz.Max broomstick or would it be around the same size?

All brooms and arm locks are made with the MAX head. The Max head is just now an option for the conventional set up too.

• Like 2

I just ordered a mezz and wondering if anyone has experience comparing to the edel putters? I had an edel at one point and really did not like it so just wondering if it's the same principle as the lab putter or if the toe up tech is somehow engineered differently to the lab putters. 

I like the center shaft and have used several center shafted putters so I assumed I could make this work. 

4 minutes ago, soap1984 said:

I just ordered a mezz and wondering if anyone has experience comparing to the edel putters? I had an edel at one point and really did not like it so just wondering if it's the same principle as the lab putter or if the toe up tech is somehow engineered differently to the lab putters. 

I like the center shaft and have used several center shafted putters so I assumed I could make this work. 

Each design is trying to achieve a similar goal which is to minimize torque about the shaft axis.  Edel's approach takes common head styles and offsets, but redistributes the mass to achieve close to a torque free design.  However, the mass redistribution moves the CG towards the heel of the putter making solid contact and distance control challenging.

L.A.B. starts with center shafted, symmetric head styles which are largely torque free via symmetry and single materials (no use of multiple materials in the putter head).  They tweak the torque to very near zero about the lie angle axis using the tiny weights in the head.  The CG remains very centered, but the putters will pretty much always have some amount of onset (there are some multi-material tweaks that could reduce the onset, but it would get complicated and expensive).

• Like 2

Appreciate the response. My struggles with the edel seemed to stem from it being so heel heavy but looking down at the putter, the shaft bend made it look like a center shafted putter but it actually attached at the heel where all the weight is I guess. 

I don't mind the onset actually so I am looking forward to trying out the mezz

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThinkingPlus said:

Each design is trying to achieve a similar goal which is to minimize torque about the shaft axis.  Edel's approach takes common head styles and offsets, but redistributes the mass to achieve close to a torque free design.  However, the mass redistribution moves the CG towards the heel of the putter making solid contact and distance control challenging.

L.A.B. starts with center shafted, symmetric head styles which are largely torque free via symmetry and single materials (no use of multiple materials in the putter head).  They tweak the torque to very near zero about the lie angle axis using the tiny weights in the head.  The CG remains very centered, but the putters will pretty much always have some amount of onset (there are some multi-material tweaks that could reduce the onset, but it would get complicated and expensive).

You still playing the B2 ?  

I’ve quietly flipped my stat on it’s head in the last 2 weeks whne I finally got the right mezz lie angle fit ( my own fault ) … I’m not quite ready to shout details yet. But.  Let’s just say I’m shocked that these aren’t more popular at the highest level. It’s the purest roll I’ve ever seen with zero effort. 

Edited by bladehunter
  • Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 minute ago, bladehunter said:

You still playing the B2 ?  

No.  Switched to a Mezz. I play too great a variety of green speeds.  Soup to nuts.  A small stroke on fast greens was ideal with the B2, but full swinging putting strokes on stimp 7 old school bermuda was too hard to control.

I needed the MOI help of the Mezz.  It has a bit more onset than the B2, but less than a DF 2.1 and something I could accommodate.  It's a winner.  Last putter I will ever play.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jomatty said:

I agree.  After using a Mezz for a few weeks I can’t believe more “bad” putters at the highest level are not adopting it.  Not that good putters wouldn’t benefit as well, but it just seems like a no brained for anyone who struggles.

Absolutely agree on all fronts.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock