2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

P790’s Delayed AGAIN!

Soccerrick10

2 hours ago, boggyman said:

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Cant be that Taylormade doesn't want to make money… im curious as to why YOU think they are delaying, purposefully, as there are no supply chain issues you say. Truly, im curious as to your thoughts. It might just enlighten us. 

9 minutes ago, jpdx said:

Cant be that Taylormade doesn't want to make money… im curious as to why YOU think they are delaying, purposefully, as there are no supply chain issues you say. Truly, im curious as to your thoughts. It might just enlighten us. 

No way, or no where, did I say TM was purposely delaying. Can’t point a direct finger at them. They can only ship out what they have. Raw goods are hard to get. Guy at home waited months on a Scotty. Grip and shaft apparently come from China I was told.   Several top OEMs are struggling as anyone on this board knows. Surely you watch the news? It’s a common problem for a while now unfortunately and not letting up doesn’t appear any time soon. 

Just chiming in on my experience.

I ordered a set of P790s on December 6th. PX LS shafts. I just received notification that I'll receive them on or around March 7th.

Titleist - TSi3 8* - Ventus Black S6

Callaway - Apex UW 17* - HZRDUS Black Smoke

Taylormade - 2021 P790 4-AW - Project X LS

Vokey - 54* 60* - S400

Evnroll - ER2b - Stability Tour Shaft

I ordered TC 201 with KBS tour direct from Miura on 2/3. Will be delivered tomorrow. Not all manufacturers are having delays. 

Callaway Epic SZ 9* GD Tour AD TP 6X
Titleist 915 Fd 15* Aldila Rogue Black 80 S
Titleist 909h 19* Aldila Voodoo S
Mizuno MP 18 4-6 SC 7-P MB KBS Tour 120 S
Titleist Vokey SM7 50*, 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron California Monterey 1.5, Toulon Las Vegas H7

On 2/6/2022 at 3:16 PM, underwater said:

Obviously.  Far better by MY measurement - hence "in my opinion".

Distance control is the particular metric.

Makes one wonder how they have better distance control…what with the same tech and all.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

29 minutes ago, cbbaron said:

Ordered P790 November 5 with KBS tour was told April15 after a couple other dates that never came to fruition. Ordered Rogue ST Pro with same shaft week and a half ago got them today

Amazing the differences in delays.  I just heard from a guy I fit for Pings in June... just got them.  Stinks when you order new clubs and by the time you get them they are one model old!!

ordered Nov 3.  Had to work with TM CS to change order to include shafts that were in stock as well as grips.  Finally arrived on Feb 10th.  Also ordered a custom 7 Wood on Jan 22nd and it continues to get pushed back now until late March.  Im sure they are not doing it intentionally as they don't charge on line customers until the order is shipped so they are not booking revenue I would think until the product ships.  In any event I am hoping they were worth the wait

On 2/17/2022 at 12:43 PM, Shilgy said:

Makes one wonder how they have better distance control…what with the same tech and all.

MOI and "distance control" often work in opposite degrees.   That's why Callaway Rogue irons are not as precise and surgical as a Titleist or Mizuno blade.

The MOI of the 790 is higher to a substantial degree, than the P770.

Edited by underwater

I broke down too.  Since CC can get the heads, and I was able to find my shafts on line, I canceled my order and am getting them built.  KBS Tour Lites and Tour 90 shafts both incoming.  That said, I also have someone that is buying my old set for the same price as the trade-in value.

Of course, now they say delivery March 1st if I order from TM today (maybe KBS shafts came in).

Edited by Wardman

Tour AD XC 6S Callaway Smoke 3D 9deg
Kali' White 70x shaft Ping 430LST 3W

Accra TZ6 M4 Hybrid Shaft Ping 430 3H
C-Taper L:ite S T150 4-Gap
SteelFiber PR Wedge Ping Glide 4.0 46, 50, 54 and 58 degree
Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 Slant Neck

3 hours ago, mudmarlin said:

Just checked my order at Taylor made and the p770 heads are still out until May 5.  For fun I checked the p790 and it says they have the heads.  So if you have an order and haven’t heard anything you might want to call them especially if you are flexible on the shaft.

I did that for my order placed on Nov 3rd.  Worked with the CS rep on shaft availability, grips, etc and made some changes which accelerated my order and it only took 3 months and a week to get them

Thats insane t having to wait for 3 months or longer. Supply and demand really suck but yet everything is getting more and more expensive. I bought the 1st Gen and I didn't have a long wait at all but that was before Covid hit. I just bought some Srixon ZX 5's last year and my wait was less than a month. PING is terrible when it comes to waiting so what the solution. 

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

anyone wonder why PXG can get you the clubs faster?

overpriced, less in demand, more supply.

If you loved what u are ordering aren't they worth the wait?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Driver- TITLEIST TSr2 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CLEVELAND RTX-6 50/54/58 Tour Spinner 
Putter- PING  PLD Ally Blue 4

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

7 hours ago, Lefty87 said:

I just entered my specs for a set of lefty P790’s via TM’s website and it says they’ll ship 3/30. Is that too good to be true or have people found the estimated ship date on the TM website to be accurate? 

I don’t think they’ve been accurate over the last several months but not sure if it’s getting better. I’m still waiting for mine, which were ordered Jan 4. 

Last time I checked their website said they had the heads.  It seems like the shafts are a big problem for all the OEM’s.  From what I’ve seen kbs is nonexistent pretty much and dynamic golds are sparse too except for the x100.  I’d like to know where these companies assemble these things and how exactly they do it.  Do they put the components in stock aside for orders placed and wait until they get the rest, or do they just do what they have and continually put old orders aside until all the components are in?

10 hours ago, Lefty87 said:

I just entered my specs for a set of lefty P790’s via TM’s website and it says they’ll ship 3/30. Is that too good to be true or have people found the estimated ship date on the TM website to be accurate? 

TMs website told me my set would be ready in mid September, when I placed my order on 8/24. I finally cancelled in mid December despite checking configuration availability pretty much everyday for 3 months.

YMMV

12 hours ago, mudmarlin said:

Last time I checked their website said they had the heads.  It seems like the shafts are a big problem for all the OEM’s.  From what I’ve seen kbs is nonexistent pretty much and dynamic golds are sparse too except for the x100.  I’d like to know where these companies assemble these things and how exactly they do it.  Do they put the components in stock aside for orders placed and wait until they get the rest, or do they just do what they have and continually put old orders aside until all the components are in?

according to tm chat my cousin did recently, basically all shafts have priority to new orders of the new stealth line. In other words, if there is a p790 ordered in oct of 2021, and a new stealth order today, with both having the same shaft,  the stealth will get the shafts and be filled first. Regardless of the p790 having all other components or not. 

Edited by jpdx

i never tried the 790, are they that good that people are waiting this long

Driver- TITLEIST TSr2 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CLEVELAND RTX-6 50/54/58 Tour Spinner 
Putter- PING  PLD Ally Blue 4

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

They are IMO, the nicest looking of the 3 iterations that TM has designed of the 790. Feel great, look great, and about the same distance. Are they better than other "Players Distance Irons"? All depends. I will say this, irons come and go out of my house. ZX5's, etc, but the only set of irons that has stayed beyond my PING G400's (Aerotech i95) and i210's (current shaft Alta CB, but to be determined in the spring), is my set of '21 P790's with Recoil 95 F3's in them. Great set. PS -- PXG has a fast turnaround, because they ONLY show you the grips and shafts that they currently have in stock to build. Smart move on their behalf.

4 minutes ago, ob1soccer said:

i never tried the 790, are they that good that people are waiting this long

IMHO, I don't know why anyone is waiting for the 2021 P790 with an undefined delivery time anymore.  It was released in September, and we are now 6 months removed.  Maybe if TM offered you a discount for waiting, but if not, it seems silly to pay full price for something that's no longer got it's luster.

All the club manufacturers make good stuff in the PD market.  Some manufacturers are delivering quickly.  I ordered a custom single iron from Cobra with a KBS shaft and it shipped 2 days after I ordered it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jpdx said:

according to tm chat my cousin did recently, basically all shafts have priority to new orders of the new stealth line. In other words, if there is a p790 ordered in oct of 2021, and a new stealth order today, with both having the same shaft,  the stealth will get the shafts and be filled first. Regardless of the p790 having all other components or not. 

If that is actually the case its reason alone to never buy TM again. If you can't honor basic customer service 101 and FIFO line/queue you don't deserve any customer loyalty. 

Its not like the new iron replaces the old iron (say you were waiting on a Epic Speed head and they say would you like a nice Rogue ST), they are very different irons. 

- b