2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

P790’s Delayed AGAIN!

Soccerrick10

2 hours ago, bvanlieu said:

If that is actually the case its reason alone to never buy TM again. If you can't honor basic customer service 101 and FIFO line/queue you don't deserve any customer loyalty. 

Its not like the new iron replaces the old iron (say you were waiting on a Epic Speed head and they say would you like a nice Rogue ST), they are very different irons. 

- b

If this is true.... I have no words lol

"Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch!"

35 minutes ago, mudmarlin said:

I don’t believe that.  Not a chance.  The 790 just came out a few months ago and is probably their most popular iron.  Why would it get second rate treatment?  

Because they have to recoup the money back from the Stealth marketing campaign they have spent the last 2 months doing and people are far bigger suckers for Drivers than they are iron sets.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mudmarlin said:

I don’t believe that.  Not a chance.  The 790 just came out a few months ago and is probably their most popular iron.  Why would it get second rate treatment?  

most popular? Ive already seen 1 stealth set on course and multiple sim max vs p790s of any generation. That being said, i play mostly munis where youd see more gi sets for the casual golfer. 

As i earlier said, My cousin ordered mid october and has been waiting since. The shaft he was fitted to is the same shaft that one of the no cost choices (might even be the standard shaft on the stealth). 

So the question back to you, why would they give an older (albeit refreshed) model priority over the newest and “greatest”?

On 3/2/2022 at 12:34 AM, Lefty87 said:

I just entered my specs for a set of lefty P790’s via TM’s website and it says they’ll ship 3/30. Is that too good to be true or have people found the estimated ship date on the TM website to be accurate? 

It is not accurate at all, I had been quoted a 790 set with components in stock but they are actually out of 6 irons shafts for that model. 

3 hours ago, mudmarlin said:

I never said they’d give it priority.  Why would they brush aside customers of any of their products for another?  So they don’t want the $1299 from a set of 790s so they can get $999 for a set of Stealths?  Yea ok.  And you keep calling it older likes it’s from the early 2000s or something.  

sure. What would you call it then? They allegedly have the shafts to put into a club that is not yet in stores, but cant get the shafts into a custom order needing the same shafts?

And as you pointed out, Into a more expensive, previously (previous = older right? Just checking that that would be the case) released set?

sure seems odd to me and would appear to give priority  and brush aside customers…

talked with my cousin today, he has to borrow my clubs for our rounds this weekend, He informed me that he confirmed with the shop that the shafts are the holdup. I asked him to find out if they have any stealth clubs coming in which they do - WITH the shafts he needs!!

Edit: built a set of stealths on the website with his shaft, component available 3/3 according to the site. Not listed as available on the p790. 🤷🏽

Edited by jpdx

Are you talking about stock clubs that are put in the stores?  I thought you were talking about custom orders.  Of course they have to allocate shafts to do that.  I’m sure the retailers move more stock sets than custom orders.  If your cousin wants a stock set he can go to Carl’s golf land right now and get the 790 in stock.  If he wants custom, unfortunately he has to wait like the rest of us.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mudmarlin said:

Are you talking about stock clubs that are put in the stores?  I thought you were talking about custom orders.  Of course they have to allocate shafts to do that.  I’m sure the retailers move more stock sets than custom orders.  If your cousin wants a stock set he can go to Carl’s golf land right now and get the 790 in stock.  If he wants custom, unfortunately he has to wait like the rest of us.  

already mentioned he ordered a set of p790’s that he was fit for. The shafts he was fit into happens to be the same stock shaft as in the off the shelf stealth. So again, prioritized the new clubs coming out vs an previously released (dare i say older again?)set, even though they clearly have the shafts for the new stealth sets. 

If my perception is wrong, then so be it. But sure seems like thats the case - especially given the chat and the response from his shop. 

Edited by jpdx

For the first time ever, I purchased a set of irons because of the shaft, kind of. I’ve been interested in getting another set to compete with my 0311 P’’s. I was considering the P790, Apex, and i525. My favorite shaft by far is the DG105 stiff. It just works perfectly for my swing…keeps everything balanced and smoothens my tempo. 

With the DG 105 Stiff being the stock shaft for the P790, I was in luck. Found a new lefty set on the rack at my local shop. I’m having them bent 2 degrees upright and picking them up in the morning. Just a nice bit of luck, I guess. 

Not to get off topic, but the P790 is providing the same numbers as my 0311P’s (distance, spin, height) but The dispersion is definitely better for me with the P790’s. Everything is straight, unless I really try to work it. 

2 hours ago, this_is_golf said:

I just got off the phone with my fitter/builder and he says he has the shafts and the grips but is still waiting on the heads 🤦‍♂️. He hopes he gets them by end of the month. 

weird - my fitter got the heads in about 5 days and I sent the shafts.  Everything doe in about 18 days from order (Feb 18th).  Fitter is club champion.

Tour AD XC 6S Callaway Smoke 3D 9deg
Kali' White 70x shaft Ping 430LST 3W

Accra TZ6 M4 Hybrid Shaft Ping 430 3H
C-Taper L:ite S T150 4-Gap
SteelFiber PR Wedge Ping Glide 4.0 46, 50, 54 and 58 degree
Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 Slant Neck

On 3/2/2022 at 4:49 AM, this_is_golf said:

I don’t think they’ve been accurate over the last several months but not sure if it’s getting better. I’m still waiting for mine, which were ordered Jan 4. 

In my experience too good to be true.  Said I would have them in 2 weeks.  Took over three months.  Great irons I am sure.  Worth the wait?  Only you can decide.

right now TM is dealing with shaft and grip issues. Currently any set with KBS will be very delayed

Driver- TITLEIST TSr2 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CLEVELAND RTX-6 50/54/58 Tour Spinner 
Putter- PING  PLD Ally Blue 4

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

FWIW, at the PGATSS near me, of the 5 major iron makers, TM, Srixon, Titleist, Ping and Callaway, each of which has 8 racks on the wall for irons, only Srixon has as many as 4 sets in the racks. TM has 1, Ping has 2, Cally has 2 and Titleist has 3.

And all the sets in stock I'm told are on the wall; nothing in the back. :classic_sad:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

On 3/4/2022 at 1:28 AM, jpdx said:

already mentioned he ordered a set of p790’s that he was fit for. The shafts he was fit into happens to be the same stock shaft as in the off the shelf stealth. So again, prioritized the new clubs coming out vs an previously released (dare i say older again?)set, even though they clearly have the shafts for the new stealth sets. 

If my perception is wrong, then so be it. But sure seems like thats the case - especially given the chat and the response from his shop. 

Custom Clubs and shafts 100% different than stock clubs and shafts.  You are comparing apples to oranges.  

There are also ways around getting those clubs built with TM never touching them.  Will take some effort, but it can be done.

Edited by heavy_hitter
  • Confused 1

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

4 minutes ago, TiScape said:

‘Stock clubs and shafts 100% different than stock clubs and shafts’… What am I missing??? Do I just need more coffee?! 😂 

No. Caffeine level adequate. I was going to say that but you were clearly more awake than me 😁

• Haha 1

Driver - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 5S

FW - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 6S

Hybrid - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 7S

Irons - ZX5 / C-Taper Lite S

Wedges - SM9 50/08 56/10 60/04

Putter - Odyssey Ai-One Milled #7 T

20 hours ago, TiScape said:

‘Stock clubs and shafts 100% different than stock clubs and shafts’… What am I missing??? Do I just need more coffee?! 😂 

Boy that didn’t play well.

Stock Clubs and shafts different than custom.  

Guess this is why we should proof read.

• Haha 1

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.