2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Maltby 2022

Millhill88

Maltby is making some really nice stuff these days.  Too bad I'm a lefty and the only thing available to me is the TSi2 series.  Gonna take a hard pass on those.  

• Like 1

PING G400 Max 10.5° GD YS Nano Reloaded 6X                                            

TaylorMade SIM2 Max 16.5° 3HL Mitsubishi Diamana Kai'Li 70 X                                                       

Callaway V-Series 19° 5 wood Mitsubishi Diamana Kai'Li 80 S                                                         

PING G410 22°, 26° & 30° Hybrids KBS Steel Hybrid Shaft X                                               

Adams A4 Forged 7-PW Dynamic Gold AMT X100 D4                                                                        

Cleveland CBX 50°, 55° Dynamic Gold S400

Cleveland CBX Full Face 60° Dynamic Gold Tour Spinner

Odyssey 2-Ball Blade w/Triple Trac

Vice Pro Plus Lime

Really interested in the Tour FDI Hybrids.... Anyone here bag one? Is the offset as ridiculous in person as it is online? Thinking of getting the 19 and bending it to 22 to get some of that offset out of there but if it's not too bad at address I may just order the 21 and be done with it. 

Taylormade SIM2 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 6.5

Cobra LTD 3w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

Cobra LTD 5w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

PXG 0311x 4 DI - Mitsubishi MMT 90s

New Level 902 OS 5-PW - Mitsubishi MMT 105s
New Level 902 OS 50 - Mitsubishi MMT 105x

Scratch Forged SS 56 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Scratch Forged SS 60 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Custom MackMade Putter

Vice Pro

38 minutes ago, ChristopherMcDonald said:

Really interested in the Tour FDI Hybrids.... Anyone here bag one? Is the offset as ridiculous in person as it is online? Thinking of getting the 19 and bending it to 22 to get some of that offset out of there but if it's not too bad at address I may just order the 21 and be done with it. 

The offset is meant to be just like a lot of iron sets that have progressive offset into the long irons, that end up with about that amount.  .135" is about 3.4mm and it looks just like this at address.

If you have an iron set with that type of progression, then they blend really well.  Otherwise bending to increase loft by 2* reduces offset by .75mm.  3* would get you just past a 1mm change

13 hours ago, ChristopherMcDonald said:

I have had the 19 and 21 since 2013 - mine are the black version called HDI,  as far as i can tell there isnt much different.  I dont see them as horribly offset.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ChristopherMcDonald said:

I tried a couple of them, but didn't have a lot of success.  The offset is not that bad IMO, but these are huuuge as the blade length is long and the sole wide.  For some reason I did better with the much smaller Callaway UT.  I do better with smaller irons too though despite being a high capper.  I finally ditched the utilities for just true hybrids as I need the forgiveness.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ChristopherMcDonald said:

The offset is not the issue with these, it the length! I will say once you get used to it the length is not an issue. I love my 19 now and I have had to a couple of years. Great off the tee and from the fairway.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 3:02 PM, ChristopherMcDonald said:

I built one of the 2 hybrid (19d) up for my son, with a Rogue Silver shaft in stiff flex. He has no problem hitting it off the tee or fairway, it's his 240-250 club all day.

• Like 1

Cobra Radspeed xB Driver - UST Mamiya Helium Nanocore 4F2

Cobra Speedzone 4W - UST Mamiya Helium Nanocore 4F2

Cobra F9 7W

Mizuno MC Fli-Hi 4H - Rapid Taper 95 (R)

Mizuno 919F 6-GW - Rapid Taper 95 (R)

Mizuno 919 SW - Rapid Taper 95 (R)

Txema JMO 60 LW 

Slighter Redmond

Have a 22 and a 25 in the latest KE4 hybrids. They are fantastic. 8 play them a little short to match the progression in my KE4 Max irons. Solid flight, sole that cuts through just about any rough, just all around great. Shafted with the RT 95S. Nice combo.

I tried the 23 hyway and didn't get on with it.

Just added the 16 4w. Super sweet club with the MPF shaft. Looks sharp, performs better. My bag is now almost completely Maltby. 10/13 clubs.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Spankapotamus redux said:

Have a 22 and a 25 in the latest KE4 hybrids. They are fantastic. 8 play them a little short to match the progression in my KE4 Max irons. Solid flight, sole that cuts through just about any rough, just all around great. Shafted with the RT 95S. Nice combo.

I tried the 23 hyway and didn't get on with it.

Just added the 16 4w. Super sweet club with the MPF shaft. Looks sharp, performs better. My bag is now almost completely Maltby. 10/13 clubs.

Nice. How is the sound on those KE4 hybrids vs the Hyway? 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

13 hours ago, kwcsports said:

Any feedback on the Maltby putters ? PTM-1 in particular ?

I’ve used the PTM-4, and both PTM-5s and they are fantastic putters.  Great feel and the pictures do them no justice.  The milling is fantastic.  To me they rival the feel and looks of top putters.

The biggest issue I keep having is the weight. They are just too heavy but they feel so good that I keep experimenting.  The new KE4 Max putters are interesting (they are gone from the site now for some reason) in that the weight can be adjusted.

• Like 2

Maltby KE4 TC Max MPF Pro Stiff
Callaway Rogue 3W Synergy 60

Maltby KE4 Tour TC 19*, 22* Matrix  HX3 White Tie
Taylormade Burner TP Japan Issue 5-PW DG120

Callaway MD4 Raw 52*, 58* DG115
Maltby PTM-5

19 hours ago, kwcsports said:

Any feedback on the Maltby putters ? PTM-1 in particular ?

Can't help you with the PTM-1 but I've been playing the PTM-5 for the past 5 months.

Purchased this PTM-5 as a club pak along with the 3" carbon steel hosel (the color match between the head and hosel appear identical) and assembled with a UST Frequency Filtered putter shaft and the Super Stroke GT1.0 with a playing length of 34 inches. The assembled putter has about a 2 degree toe hang.

I like a head heavy putter as it helps me keep from rushing my stroke and I would put this putter in the heavy range.  The overall weight is 602g and would have a swingweight somewhere in the G range if my scale measured that high.

At address the putter frames up nicely behind the ball and I haven't played with ANY putter that puts a better roll on the ball.  If there is any skid on the initial roll off the face it is very difficult to see or detect with my vision.  Now, sound and feel is subjective, but there is a subtle audible click when the ball comes off the face and the feel is crisp and very solid.  I play a Nike RZN Black or TaylorMade Tour Response.  The weight of this putter helps me roll the ball on the line I pick with the speed that has me consistently around the hole. Five months in, I'm making more putts from all distances and my lag putting has improved as well.

The headcover that comes with the pak is nice as well.

PTM-5 Top.jpg

PTM5-Face.jpg

PTM5-Reverse.jpg

• Like 4

TaylorMade M2 10.5 / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Callaway Apex 3/20 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3

Maltby KE Tour TC 5/25 Hybrid / Rapport CoreBlue Hybrid R flex
Maltby Forged DBM 4-GW / USTM Recoil 660 F3
Maltby TSW DRM 58 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby TSW DRM 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby PTM-5 with 3" Carbon Steel hosel & UST Frequency Filter shaft
Nike RZN Tour Black or TaylorMade Tour Response

8 hours ago, dmeeksDC said:

Nice. How is the sound on those KE4 hybrids vs the Hyway? 

I'd say a solid click/tink. Sound is very good to my ears.

2 hours ago, DrDon said:

I have been looking to update my King Cobra Baffler DWS 4- and 5-hybrids.   They're approaching 15 years old.

I tried a KE4 hybrid (with advice from Golfworks on which shaft to use).

The King Cobra hybrids are still in my bag.   The KE4 hybrid is in the basement collecting dust.

Funny, that's exactly what my KE4 are replacing. I find them to be the closest analog to the DWS currently available. Quite frankly, if Cobra would release a new version of the DWS, I'd probably buy several. Probably the best hybrid ever released.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Spankapotamus redux said:

I'd say a solid click/tink. Sound is very good to my ears.

Funny, that's exactly what my KE4 are replacing. I find them to be the closest analog to the DWS currently available. Quite frankly, if Cobra would release a new version of the DWS, I'd probably buy several. Probably the best hybrid ever released.

You probably saved me hundreds of dollars.   I'll just keep the King Cobra DWS hybrids in the bag.

Edited by DrDon
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, DrDon said:

You probably saved me hundreds of dollars.   I'll just keep the King Cobra DWS hybrids in the bag.

I only replaced mine because I finally cracked the last shaft I had and finding 335 hybrid shafts these days is near impossible. Otherwise I would have reshafted and played them another 20 years. The KE4 are very good though and will do fine as a replacement.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Spankapotamus redux said:

I only replaced mine because I finally cracked the last shaft I had and finding 335 hybrid shafts these days is near impossible. Otherwise I would have reshafted and played them another 20 years. The KE4 are very good though and will do fine as a replacement.

Wishon continues to offer .335 hybrid shafts.  Your other option is to have the hosels reamed to a larger size

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cwebb said:

Wishon continues to offer .335 hybrid shafts.  Your other option is to have the hosels reamed to a larger size

Not easy access to Wishon for me. Besides, I'll hang on to the heads in case I want to put them in play again, but I do really like my new setup. Plus, with the 370 bore, easypeasy to fit the Rapid Tapers and have my set consistent from 22-56.

2 hours ago, Spankapotamus redux said:

Wishon make several.hybrid 335 shafts.Good quality and not expensive

Not easy access to Wishon for me. Besides, I'll hang on to the heads in case I want to put them in play again, but I do really like my new setup. Plus, with the 370 bore, easypeasy to fit the Rapid Tapers and have my set consistent from 22-56.

I play XCaliber Rapid Taper shafts (75g, reg flex) in Maltby TS2 irons.   I'm very happy with them.

• Like 1

TKS  on here is a wishon dealer and may have in stock

I used  the white which is  stable  enough at my  mid 70s  speed 

• Like 1

I'll hang on to the heads in case I want to put them in play again

I have been struggling with the decision to buy new hybrids because I figured that there's got to be more forgiving hybrid heads than my 15-year-old King Cobra DWS hybrids.   I do like the face heights of my King Cobras, especially from lies in the rough.   Shallow face clubs can easily go under the ball sitting in the rough for me.

Any thoughts about my dilemma?   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pdotblanch said:

Last night was browsing the maltby site and saw a new head. TS head of some sort but it was gone today. Should have taken a screenshot 

that was TS1-IM and about a week ago the TS3 appeared,  both will be $56

seems that new stuff gets created, published then hidden.

here is the TS1-IM page in a pdf file, obviously want include all the photos.

Maltby TS1 IM Forged Iron Heads The GolfWorks.pdf

Edited by marktheblake
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Those look very nice!

TaylorMade M2 10.5 / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Callaway Apex 3/20 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3

Maltby KE Tour TC 5/25 Hybrid / Rapport CoreBlue Hybrid R flex
Maltby Forged DBM 4-GW / USTM Recoil 660 F3
Maltby TSW DRM 58 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby TSW DRM 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R