2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2022 LPGA Season Odds and Ends

Argonne69

1 hour ago, woahnelly said:

h time this year on the KLPGA at last week's major now moves to 16 in the Rolex Ranking, she's the early favorite. 

Good pick but I don't believe Min Ji Park is in BMW field.  Different from previous years, KLPGA will have a concurrent event next week and KLPGA players will be forbidden from playing BMW.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 18majors said:

Thanks to "Phil from NJ" at Seoul Sisters:

TPC Harding Park set to host LPGA's Hanwha Lifeplus International Crown in 2023 with new Sunday format

"The field of eight countries will be determined by the combined Rolex Women’s World Golf Rankings of the top four players from each country as of Nov. 21, 2022, immediately following the CME Group Tour Championship. The final field of 32 players will be determined via the Rolex Rankings as of April 2, 2023, immediately following the Palos Verdes Championship.

The first three days of competition will be the four-ball format. Sunday’s final round will feature a new twist, with two singles matches and one foursomes match taking place. With no team captain, the four players from each country will determine their strategy.

The winning semifinal countries will compete in the final match on Sunday afternoon, along with a third-place match between the two losing semifinal countries. The final and third-place match will be played in the same format as the semifinals."

Great news and will be more competitive than ever now - any of USA, Korea, Japan, Thailand, Sweden, England could win 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, woahnelly said:

Great news and will be more competitive than ever now - any of USA, Korea, Japan, Thailand, Sweden, England could win 

Counting out Australia?

Not sure who the 8th team would be right now. 

ETA: might be Germany

Edited by Seamus_McDuff
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Seamus_McDuff said:

Counting out Australia?

Not sure who the 8th team would be right now. 

ETA: might be Germany

Whoopsie , yes them too. 

China has a good team for the future but I'm not sure if they'd qualify now with Xiyu being their only highly ranked player (at the moment) 

Edited by woahnelly

12 hours ago, 18majors said:

A nice video with Mina Harigae and So Yeon Ryu:

What's the likelihood of SYR qualifying to represent the South Korea team in the International Crown? SYR is an eloquent choice as ambassador/player rep in this interview ... but qualifying for the South Korea team = must be pretty difficult (esp if purely based on Rolex Ranking i.e. to include Park Min Ji and other KLPGA players?)

10 hours ago, postfold said:

Once I skipped over Mollie and the fine gentlemen from the sponsor it was indeed a nice video.  I'd listen to So Yeon talk about anything and Mina is great too.

Thank you for posting.  

Edited by JungleJimbo

2 hours ago, JungleJimbo said:

What's the likelihood of SYR qualifying to represent the South Korea team in the International Crown? SYR is an eloquent choice as ambassador/player rep in this interview ... but qualifying for the South Korea team = must be pretty difficult (esp if purely based on Rolex Ranking i.e. to include Park Min Ji and other KLPGA players?)

SYR played on all three Int'l Crown teams but missed both Olympic teams (I believe one she was very close).  Not sure on the exact differences in qualifying/timing.  Realistically, unless SYR is to rise like a phoenix from the ashes, it is unlikely she will qualify for the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iBanesto said:

Two major champions having a joke around.

I like the friendship.

🇯🇵

@iBanesto Are you listening to the native Japanese dialogue ... or using Google auto-translate, via the close-captions/ transcript? (because i found the transcript/subtitles = hit-and-miss for this video?)

Would be nice if @Supermilo or @Golf Dino (or @No_Catchy_Nickname?) can help give us the inside scoop, on Shibuno's chat with Yuka Saso

I caught the following: (not 100% sure)
... (A) around the ~2m11s timestamp, there was a girlish giggle from Mimi the interviewer and Yuka teasing Shibuno, about a "cool guy saying "good approach shot" (for eagle?) that caught Shibuno's attention?

(B) timestamp ~4m21s : Saying their next tour event = in Korea... and some banter from Shibuno asking Yuka whether she likes getting the PCR probe in her nose? (Not sure about Saso's reply "easier to do it the other way around??")

... that's about all i got (apart from wishing "Happy Birthday" to Mimi, at the end of the video).

Lost in Translation (film) - Wikipedia

Edited by JungleJimbo

1 minute ago, JungleJimbo said:

@iBanesto Are you listening to the native Japanese dialogue ... or using Google auto-translate, via the close-captions/ transcript? (because i found the transcript/subtitles = hit-and-miss for this video?)

Would be nice if @Supermilo (or @No_Catchy_Nickname?) can help give us the inside scoop, on Shibuno's chat with Yuka Saso

... i think around the ~2m11s timestamp, there was a girlish giggle from the interviewer and Yuka teasing Shibuno, about a "cool guy saying "good approach shot" that caught Shibuno's attention? ... that's about all i got (apart from "Happy Birthday" at the end of the video).

Lost in Translation (film) - Wikipedia

I have no idea what they are saying! 😅

I assume the first part was about who is taller. 😅

• Haha 2

No LIV talk. Post them in the LIV forum or receive warnings. This is the one and only warning or this thread goes moderated. 

• Like 1

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

8 minutes ago, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

I'll take a stab at it.

So they start of with Yuka saying she was betrayed by Hinako. This is something to do with their clothing, but I'm not exactly sure what. Maybe that Hinako has put a jacket on over her shirt because she's cold. Later in the interview they joke about how they matched their clothes, and Yuka says she woke up at 5:30 and called Hinako to check (to which Hinako cries "Bull!"). So there's some banter about their clothes and how they match but don't match (there's a message that flashes up on the screen saying both appear to have white tops when viewed through the computer screen).

Then they get onto comparing heights...and this doesn't seem to get fully resolved.

After that, the interviewer asks if this was the first round together this year, they say it was and it was a lot of fun.

They're asked what they talked about, and deny having too much of a giggle on the course. 

Then they talk about how they both played well, and that Hinako told Yuka to make a birdie on the last, but she messed up her approach and apologised for making a birdie. Actually her approach ended up closer than she thought, and both the interviewer and Hinako said it was a good shot (but Yuka didn't believe the interviewer), and Hinako added that it was a tough approach.

Then they talk about Hinako's approach on the last, and Yuka says she thought it was going to go in as it went by the hole without hitting the flagstick. Hinako was apparently unaware of this.

Yuka repeats what the interviewer just said about how it might have been an eagle, and then admits she didn't know what to say. Hinako butts in and says she's talked a lot today, and bets she doesn't normally talk this much. Yuka admits this, and says she talked a lot today because she was with Hinako and she was having fun. Hinako also says she had tons of fun.

They get on the clothes thing again, which I've already mentioned about. I think Hinako is saying that Yuka says the pattern on her shirt looks purple, but she doesn't think so. Yuka says if you look at the shirt on TV it will look purple, and that's when the telop flashes up saying it looks white when viewed through a computer monitor.

Then there's the stuff about waking up at 5:30 to call about matching clothes. Hinako points out the interviewer also has a similar outfit on except for the hat.

Finally, they get on to the next tournament which will be in South Korea. There's no more PCR test required for entry, but Yuka says she doesn't mind the test too much because once she's taken it (and tested negative, I presume) she can feel at ease.

And finally finally, there's the happy birthday stuff.

thanks @No_Catchy_Nickname! Excellent effort & much appreciated

13 hours ago, JungleJimbo said:

Seems unlikely, based on prior tournaments, it looks like the top 4 from the Rolex rankings will get priority and the Perfect Woman has plummeted down since the prior events.  As of today , the squad would be JYK, In Gee, Hyo Joo, and SYK although I wouldn't be surprised to see Min Ji or Hye Jin leap their way into the discussion as the event draws near. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, woahnelly said:

Seems unlikely, based on prior tournaments, it looks like the top 4 from the Rolex rankings will get priority and the Perfect Woman has plummeted down since the prior events.  As of today , the squad would be JYK, In Gee, Hyo Joo, and SYK although I wouldn't be surprised to see Min Ji or Hye Jin leap their way into the discussion as the event draws near. 

Agree that it seems very unlikely, though you never know with players electing to not play.  SYR may well be there for sponsor reasons even if she's not on the team.

• Like 3

On 10/11/2022 at 4:57 PM, 18majors said:

Thanks to "Phil from NJ" at Seoul Sisters:

TPC Harding Park set to host LPGA's Hanwha Lifeplus International Crown in 2023 with new Sunday format

"The field of eight countries will be determined by the combined Rolex Women’s World Golf Rankings of the top four players from each country as of Nov. 21, 2022, immediately following the CME Group Tour Championship. The final field of 32 players will be determined via the Rolex Rankings as of April 2, 2023, immediately following the Palos Verdes Championship.

The first three days of competition will be the four-ball format. Sunday’s final round will feature a new twist, with two singles matches and one foursomes match taking place. With no team captain, the four players from each country will determine their strategy.

The winning semifinal countries will compete in the final match on Sunday afternoon, along with a third-place match between the two losing semifinal countries. The final and third-place match will be played in the same format as the semifinals."

I have to commend Commish Mollie for bringing the IC back sooner than I expected. I didn't think it would be played the same year as Solheim. So it's on the calendar between Chevron and US Open. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

I'll take a stab at it.

So they start of with Yuka saying she was betrayed by Hinako. This is something to do with their clothing, but I'm not exactly sure what. Maybe that Hinako has put a jacket on over her shirt because she's cold. Later in the interview they joke about how they matched their clothes, and Yuka says she woke up at 5:30 and called Hinako to check (to which Hinako cries "Bull!"). So there's some banter about their clothes and how they match but don't match (there's a message that flashes up on the screen saying both appear to have white tops when viewed through the computer screen).

Then they get onto comparing heights...and this doesn't seem to get fully resolved.

After that, the interviewer asks if this was the first round together this year, they say it was and it was a lot of fun.

They're asked what they talked about, and deny having too much of a giggle on the course. 

Then they talk about how they both played well, and that Hinako told Yuka to make a birdie on the last, but she messed up her approach and apologised for making a birdie. Actually her approach ended up closer than she thought, and both the interviewer and Hinako said it was a good shot (but Yuka didn't believe the interviewer), and Hinako added that it was a tough approach.

Then they talk about Hinako's approach on the last, and Yuka says she thought it was going to go in as it went by the hole without hitting the flagstick. Hinako was apparently unaware of this.

Yuka repeats what the interviewer just said about how it might have been an eagle, and then admits she didn't know what to say. Hinako butts in and says she's talked a lot today, and bets she doesn't normally talk this much. Yuka admits this, and says she talked a lot today because she was with Hinako and she was having fun. Hinako also says she had tons of fun.

They get on the clothes thing again, which I've already mentioned about. I think Hinako is saying that Yuka says the pattern on her shirt looks purple, but she doesn't think so. Yuka says if you look at the shirt on TV it will look purple, and that's when the telop flashes up saying it looks white when viewed through a computer monitor.

Then there's the stuff about waking up at 5:30 to call about matching clothes. Hinako points out the interviewer also has a similar outfit on except for the hat.

Finally, they get on to the next tournament which will be in South Korea. There's no more PCR test required for entry, but Yuka says she doesn't mind the test too much because once she's taken it (and tested negative, I presume) she can feel at ease.

And finally finally, there's the happy birthday stuff.

Thanks for the translation.

A home run post.

a109cf08.gif

3 minutes ago, iBanesto said:

Just thought this is a great photo.

Hopefully they all choose to play the LPGA Tour soon.

141920_134605_215.jpg

@iBanesto Some help pls, to identify these KLPGA players?

i recognise Park Min-Ji (박민지) in the centre of the photo... 

am guessing the others = Lim Hee-Jeong 임희정 (front / right)...

...and Park Hyun-Kyung 박현경 (rear/left)?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JungleJimbo said:

2022 Gainbridge - Page 14 - LPGA/Ladies golf talk - GolfWRX

I recognised Hee Jeong from the silky swing that you previously posted!

Am less-familiar with c.

I do love Hee Jeong Lim's swing, it's so simple.

I see a lot of Hyun Kyung Park on her coach's channel Si Woo Lee. Lee also coaches Joo Kyung Kim aka Tom Kim and I've seen Ji Young Ko on the channel too.