2022 Cobra Forged Tec Irons

ShakeyT

On 6/26/2022 at 9:42 AM, dmael said:

I'm curious to read what you thought of the Tour Edge Exotics C722 irons when you tried them.  I have a demo set of them with TT Elevate MPH95 shafts and I played a round with them when I first got them in my shop about 3 weeks ago.  I also played a round of golf last week with one of my customers and he put those C722 irons in his bag for the round to try them out.  Both of us had rather positive impressions of these irons, although I slightly prefer my C721 irons with KBS TGI 80 (stiff) shafts in them, which have been my gamers for a little more than a year.  I hit a few laser shots with the C722s when I took them out, but the smaller size/less offset in the 722s also gave me a few small problems (slightly less than perfect impact punished me more with the 722s than with my C721s).  Feel is great with these irons, and I wouldn't object to gaming the C722s if I didn't already have the C721 irons in my bag.

The C722's were in the top 3 of the irons that I was considering. I did find them to be within a few yards distance wise as compared to either the Forged Tec X's or 225's. The shaft in the set I was trying was the Elevate 95. I am guessing that due to the fact that they had a lighter shaft in them, also made the swing weight appear to be a bit lower, which it did. I really could not argue with their performance at all.  I did not find that mishits toe or heel wise were more or less punished than anything else. Appearance wise I felt that the C722 were bulkier looking, not as much in the top line but just overall. They were not however off putting in any way and I actually much preferred their look to the C721's which I looked at also but did not end up hitting. While they did not feel harsh at all, the one category where I felt that they fell behind the other two was feel and sound. This was probably more attributable to sound more than feel in reality. They were notably more clicky on impact and a bit less soft feeling than the regular Forged Tecs or 225's. Some might actually prefer this feel as the slight click also made them come off as crisp and powerful feeling on impact.  The Forged Tec X's also may have been a bit more muted, but the gap between the C722's and the X's was certainly less than in the other cases.  To be honest if cost had been any consideration for me at all, the C722's would have been in the bag as I think that they are an exceptional value. I would have no problem gaming them at all and if I had a need for a backup set, they would likely be my first choice due to the value they present.

Edited by Dpavs
  • Like 2

On 6/6/2022 at 2:32 PM, Dpavs said:

I haven't had a chance to do so yet but I really am in interested in trying these. I'd also like to put them side by side with the C722 from TE and compare the two against the PXG 0211 DC's I am currently playing.  I would really like to find something with just a touch more distance and a touch more forgiveness.

On 6/6/2022 at 2:40 PM, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

I have the 0211 and I honestly don't know how the FT-X Can be more forgiving or longer.   Thus the reason they will probably be sold, I ordered them back in March before I planned on getting the 0211.   I will take the wrapper of one just to make sure of what I think will be the case.  I'll put them both on my MEVO to get some numbers.  

D—an update.  Well I took all the wrappers off the FTX.  So that’s a step.  But I haven’t played a round with them yet.    

My Gen5 arrived last week—returned the 0211 for the 30 day credit.  I only had the Gen5 out for one rain soaked round so tough to tell much.    But did manage a CTP and birdie on a par 3 so there’s that.  Ha

i May do something this week thst I haven’t done in a while.  Our couese will close to public play on Tuesday around 12:00 in prep for leagues that nigjt. 

I may literally put two bags on a cart -one Gen 5 the other FTX and go play 9 holes hitting both on each hole to get a good feel for them.

You asked about a combo sets earlier.  One regret is I didn’t order the 5 iron in the Gen5.  But so have it in the FTX.  If the Gen5 win out. I can easily see putting the FTX 5 iron in that spot 😬 my Gen5 6 iron is 24 degrees I think and the FTX 5 is 21.  

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

59 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

D—an update.  Well I took all the wrappers off the FTX.  So that’s a step.  But I haven’t played a round with them yet.    

My Gen5 arrived last week—returned the 0211 for the 30 day credit.  I only had the Gen5 out for one rain soaked round so tough to tell much.    But did manage a CTP and birdie on a par 3 so there’s that.  Ha

i May do something this week thst I haven’t done in a while.  Our couese will close to public play on Tuesday around 12:00 in prep for leagues that nigjt. 

I may literally put two bags on a cart -one Gen 5 the other FTX and go play 9 holes hitting both on each hole to get a good feel for them.

You asked about a combo sets earlier.  One regret is I didn’t order the 5 iron in the Gen5.  But so have it in the FTX.  If the Gen5 win out. I can easily see putting the FTX 5 iron in that spot 😬 my Gen5 6 iron is 24 degrees I think and the FTX 5 is 21.  

That would be a great comparison and I'm interested to see how you feel the two stack up against each other. I've heard really good things about the Gen 5's.  When I went to demo some sticks this go around, I really thought I would be walking out either with nothing (i.e. keeping the 0211's) or one of the Forged Tec lines but I just kept gravitating back to the 225's feel and was hitting them a tad better and longer... ergo they came home with me the next day..lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dpavs said:

That would be a great comparison and I'm interested to see how you feel the two stack up against each other. I've heard really good things about the Gen 5's.  When I went to demo some sticks this go around, I really thought I would be walking out either with nothing (i.e. keeping the 0211's) or one of the Forged Tec lines but I just kept gravitating back to the 225's feel and was hitting them a tad better and longer... ergo they came home with me the next day..lol.

I remember reading you liked tbe 225 best of all the demos you hit.  Didn’t realize you got them.  Nice!

i think after fact I should have tried those vs the 223 earlier in the year.  But was going on info I had gotten from a Rep that be thought I’d like the 223 better.   I keep hearing great things on the 225.  I think they are the bit of that release. 

Our lead instructor has the 221 but got the 225 in the 3 iron I believe. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

8 hours ago, jasonTeI3 said:

Anyone looked into doing a combo set of these? I wonder with the FTX how hard it would be to get a matching swingweight to the FT’s using 

the same shafts. Also how to make the lofts work

I haven't ordered, but I did look at doing a combo set. Here's what I was thinking: Forged Tec 7-GW, Forged Tec X 6 and 5. 

I noticed the Forged Tec has a 4.5 degree gap from the 8 iron to the 7 iron. If you bend the Forged Tec X 6 iron one degree weak, then you'd have a 4.5 degree gap there, too, and then a 4 degree gap down to the Forged Tec X's stock-loft 5 iron at 21 degrees. From there, if you want another iron in the bag, I think it'd make more sense to look at an 18 degree utility iron than the Forged Tec X's 19 degree 4 iron.

I don't know about swingweight, and whether Cobra accepts and/or actually meets custom requests there. Looks like the lie angles might need to be tweaked on the Forged Tec X 6 and 5 irons under my idea, too, probably about 1 degree flat relative to the Forged Tecs. But that's the closest I was able to come to figuring out a combo set that makes sense to me.

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

13 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

I remember reading you liked tbe 225 best of all the demos you hit.  Didn’t realize you got them.  Nice!

i think after fact I should have tried those vs the 223 earlier in the year.  But was going on info I had gotten from a Rep that be thought I’d like the 223 better.   I keep hearing great things on the 225.  I think they are the bit of that release. 

Our lead instructor has the 221 but got the 225 in the 3 iron I believe. 

I think the 221's combo'd with the 225 is something better players might opt for. The 221's are sweet but they are over my playing head for sure...lol. Performance wise the 223's and 225's are very close from the reviews I have seen. I really was looking for more distance so in reality the 225's were the more obvious choice from me out of the line. The bottom line I guess is that from my demo experience I don't think one can make a bad choice between the Forged Tec's, the 225 or the C722's. They are all very good irons.

Edited by Dpavs
  • Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 6:28 PM, eric61 said:

I haven't ordered, but I did look at doing a combo set. Here's what I was thinking: Forged Tec 7-GW, Forged Tec X 6 and 5. 

I noticed the Forged Tec has a 4.5 degree gap from the 8 iron to the 7 iron. If you bend the Forged Tec X 6 iron one degree weak, then you'd have a 4.5 degree gap there, too, and then a 4 degree gap down to the Forged Tec X's stock-loft 5 iron at 21 degrees. From there, if you want another iron in the bag, I think it'd make more sense to look at an 18 degree utility iron than the Forged Tec X's 19 degree 4 iron.

I don't know about swingweight, and whether Cobra accepts and/or actually meets custom requests there. Looks like the lie angles might need to be tweaked on the Forged Tec X 6 and 5 irons under my idea, too, probably about 1 degree flat relative to the Forged Tecs. But that's the closest I was able to come to figuring out a combo set that makes sense to me.

So I think I’m going to go 1* strong on the 6-8 FTX and then go 8-PW in the FT. There was one club in the FT I would have to go 1* weak to get 4* gaps through the set. I would actually wind up having two 8i’s and two PW’s in the bag but that’s no problem since I wouldn’t need a 4i and don’t play a 3w. I guess my only concern is will the FTX fly farther than the FT in the same loft and length? 

6 minutes ago, jasonTeI3 said:

So I think I’m going to go 1* strong on the 6-8 FTX and then go 8-PW in the FT. There was one club in the FT I would have to go 1* weak to get 4* gaps through the set. I would actually wind up having two 8i’s and two PW’s in the bag but that’s no problem since I wouldn’t need a 4i and don’t play a 3w. I guess my only concern is will the FTX fly farther than the FT in the same loft and length? 

... If offset doesn't bother you, what you suggest is of course doable, although I did not have any success bending my 4FT-x 4 iron 2 or even 1* weak. The FT's are very easy to bend. The visual difference between the FT-x 8i even before bending 1* strong will be radically different compared to the FT 8i. Anecdotal but other than feel, which imo is much better in the FT's, I just don't see a lot of difference in forgiveness between my FT 5 iron and FT-x 4 iron. If I could change anything, it would be ordering the FT 4 iron and not the FT-x. 

• Like 1

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... If offset doesn't bother you, what you suggest is of course doable, although I did not have any success bending my 4FT-x 4 iron 2 or even 1* weak. The FT's are very easy to bend. The visual difference between the FT-x 8i even before bending 1* strong will be radically different compared to the FT 8i. Anecdotal but other than feel, which imo is much better in the FT's, I just don't see a lot of difference in forgiveness between my FT 5 iron and FT-x 4 iron. If I could change anything, it would be ordering the FT 4 iron and not the FT-x. 

As for the offset after bending the FTX 1* strong I don’t think I would notice. I have done 2* on an iron before and could hardly tell. The forgiveness difference between the FTX and the FT, and the apex height, are the reason behind wanting to do the combo set. Everything I have read or watched on YouTube seemed to say there was a big difference between the two with forgiveness, especially directionally. Hearing you say you barely notice a difference is really making me question why I’m not getting just the FT’s now. I’m actually a really good ball striker, play my Cobra MB’s more often than anything else now. I just have fallen in love with the forgiveness/distance with these new players distance sort of irons. I know everyone says “who cares about the distance or what club your hitting it’s just a number on the bottom”. Well that’s true but loft for loft I am more accurate due to the perimeter weighting and length of the club. A FTX 8i may have the loft of a traditional 6i but it’s still basically the same length as 8i. And they are just so long and straight. Figured outside of 170yds,where I would be transitioning to the FTX 8i, all I want is high and straight. Then inside of that the FT’s would be more of my scoring irons.

30 minutes ago, jasonTeI3 said:

As for the offset after bending the FTX 1* strong I don’t think I would notice. I have done 2* on an iron before and could hardly tell. The forgiveness difference between the FTX and the FT, and the apex height, are the reason behind wanting to do the combo set. Everything I have read or watched on YouTube seemed to say there was a big difference between the two with forgiveness, especially directionally. Hearing you say you barely notice a difference is really making me question why I’m not getting just the FT’s now. I’m actually a really good ball striker, play my Cobra MB’s more often than anything else now. I just have fallen in love with the forgiveness/distance with these new players distance sort of irons. I know everyone says “who cares about the distance or what club your hitting it’s just a number on the bottom”. Well that’s true but loft for loft I am more accurate due to the perimeter weighting and length of the club. A FTX 8i may have the loft of a traditional 6i but it’s still basically the same length as 8i. And they are just so long and straight. Figured outside of 170yds,where I would be transitioning to the FTX 8i, all I want is high and straight. Then inside of that the FT’s would be more of my scoring irons.

... Irons are just so personal and forgiveness is relative. Ball striking is the cornerstone of my game so while I appreciate some heel toe forgiveness on the days my swing is a little off, I don't need any other help in my irons. So far, I have not noticed any significant difference in forgiveness with my FT's or MIM's. So there may certainly be an appreciable difference for someone else between the FT and FTx as far as forgiveness and especially height as the FT-x stronger lofts have much more tungsten in the sole than the FT's. You probably know all this.

... If it were me, I would stick with one set or the other as I imagine a good ball striker might wish for a full set of FT's or if a little more distance and trajectory is desirable, a full set of FT-x. Again, if offset isn't a deal breaker, and visually there is a lot less with the FT's, I can certainly understand that a combo set may also be desirable. Like I said, irons are just so personal. 

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Irons are just so personal and forgiveness is relative. Ball striking is the cornerstone of my game so while I appreciate some heel toe forgiveness on the days my swing is a little off, I don't need any other help in my irons. So far, I have not noticed any significant difference in forgiveness with my FT's or MIM's. So there may certainly be an appreciable difference for someone else between the FT and FTx as far as forgiveness and especially height as the FT-x stronger lofts have much more tungsten in the sole than the FT's. You probably know all this.

... If it were me, I would stick with one set or the other as I imagine a good ball striker might wish for a full set of FT's or if a little more distance and trajectory is desirable, a full set of FT-x. Again, if offset isn't a deal breaker, and visually there is a lot less with the FT's, I can certainly understand that a combo set may also be desirable. Like I said, irons are just so personal. 

And how is the FT vs MIM shaking out? Any advantages you are finding either way? 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

1 minute ago, dmeeksDC said:

And how is the FT vs MIM shaking out? Any advantages you are finding either way? 

... Well, the tough part is I think the MIM's are the best feeling irons I have ever played. Very dense and very soft and that is hard to ignore. But, the FT's have an amazing feel for a hollow iron and much better feeling than the P790's I played. As far as performance the FT's seem to be a hair longer but also spin a little less although I have i95's in the MIM and i80's in the FT's so not apples to apples. I have been battling a sinus infection and only got a few rounds in before it came roaring back so once I regain my strength, I will have a better idea as to which ones I will keep in my bag. Not a night and day difference, so a good problem to have. 

• Like 1

I hit the FT's w/ KBS Tour Lite indoors yesterday and really feel this combo is excellent. For this category, where strong flights and lower spins seem common, this shaft provides feel and spin control.

Edited by Konklifer
  • Like 1
PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

I had never seen the FTX in person until today. I can’t believe how good they look. I mean if they reduced the top line thickness a lot then they would almost me perfect. The blade length was way shorter than I expected and the offset was a lot less visible than I thought it would be. My online complaint other than the top line would be that the PW shape is a little funny. Now I think I might do FTX all the way to the 9i and do the FT pw.

20 minutes ago, jasonTeI3 said:

I had never seen the FTX in person until today. I can’t believe how good they look. I mean if they reduced the top line thickness a lot then they would almost me perfect. The blade length was way shorter than I expected and the offset was a lot less visible than I thought it would be. My online complaint other than the top line would be that the PW shape is a little funny. Now I think I might do FTX all the way to the 9i and do the FT pw.

... Sounds like a great plan. 👍

47 minutes ago, jasonTeI3 said:

Well after looking at the lofts that’s going to be about impossible. I’ll have to have 2 9i’s to really make the gaps work.

... I had not really looked at the lofts in the short irons and yea, 36.5* FT-x 9 iron is tough to combine with a 44* FT pw. I bent all my FT's 1* weak with the exception of the 5 iron and the gapping has worked well for me so far. Not quite as accurate as the 4* gaps in my MIM's but so far so good. 

On 6/28/2022 at 5:43 PM, dmeeksDC said:

.... Well, after several more rounds with my Forged Tec I am going back to my MIM irons. I just can't say enough good things about the FT's and if Cobra had not spoiled me with the MIM's the FT's would be in my bag. But I go back to look at address which gives me complete confidence and MIM feel which is the best I have ever experienced.  I would also say the FT's are also a little more forgiving even iff not a huge difference. I know many like to talk about feedback and the FT's mask a slight mishit more than the MIM's. For me at least feedback doesn't help me improve my swing or help make better contact because I am attempting to put my best swing on every shot, it just lets me know when I hit one perfectly and that doesn't happen as much as I would like. So when I do, the MIM's let me know and feel is extraordinary. I will be posting a review of the Forged Tec's next week. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, chisag said:

.... Well, after several more rounds with my Forged Tec I am going back to my MIM irons. I just can't say enough good things about the FT's and if Cobra had not spoiled me with the MIM's the FT's would be in my bag. But I go back to look at address which gives me complete confidence and MIM feel which is the best I have ever experienced.  I would also say the FT's are also a little more forgiving even iff not a huge difference. I know many like to talk about feedback and the FT's mask a slight mishit more than the MIM's. For me at least feedback doesn't help me improve my swing or help make better contact because I am attempting to put my best swing on every shot, it just lets me know when I hit one perfectly and that doesn't happen as much as I would like. So when I do, the MIM's let me know and feel is extraordinary. I will be posting a review of the Forged Tec's next week. 

Thanks. They definitely both look good, are aimed at players seeking different things. For what I like, it starts with the look from address. The King Tour MIMs are very hard to beat in that category. Size is just right and they set up so well. Even compared to popular irons like the ZX7, I think the Tours look better from address. 

• Like 1

So after a few more rounds my initial impressions still hold true. Long and mid irons are very very good (4-7). 8 iron is ok and not a fan at all of the 9-PW. 

As a result going to try some 225 hoping the short irons are better.  If not likely going to get ZX7 8-PW to combo with the forged tec 4-7

• Like 1

Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Kori 6x
Cobra F9 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
Cobra F7 19* and 23* hybrids
Cobra Amp Forged 5-PW KBS Tour S+
Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
Spider Tour Red

5 hours ago, casey_0507 said:

So after a few more rounds my initial impressions still hold true. Long and mid irons are very very good (4-7). 8 iron is ok and not a fan at all of the 9-PW. 

As a result going to try some 225 hoping the short irons are better.  If not likely going to get ZX7 8-PW to combo with the forged tec 4-7

Why not look at the King Tour MIM as a combo candidate? I hit those again yesterday with a shaft more to my liking and they are impressive. Definitely feel it a little bit when you toe one but the shot turns out fine and I want that feedback anyway. It does help me dial in. On flushed shots or close to flushed, they are sweet.

I don’t know worry about the whole “softer than forged” debate, not a factor for me. For me there are two ratings for feel — good or bad — and these feel really good. 

3 minutes ago, dmeeksDC said:

Why not look at the King Tour MIM as a combo candidate? I hit those again yesterday with a shaft more to my liking and they are impressive. Definitely feel it a little bit when you toe one but the shot turns out fine and I want that feedback anyway. It does help me dial in. On flushed shots or close to flushed, they are sweet.

I don’t know worry about the whole “softer than forged” debate, not a factor for me. For me there are two ratings for feel — good or bad — and these feel really good. 

I had the MIM Tour when they first launched for a bit, probably wasn't swinging well but was very unimpressed. When flushed felt great, but that didn't happy very frequent. 

loved the shape though. Def prefer the ZX7

Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
Spider Tour Red

7 minutes ago, casey_0507 said:

I had the MIM Tour when they first launched for a bit, probably wasn't swinging well but was very unimpressed. When flushed felt great, but that didn't happy very frequent. 

loved the shape though. Def prefer the ZX7

if you’re not flushing them, you’re not going to like them. Some times club heads affect us in different ways. 

But I get it on the Srixons. I played a round today with a set of z745s with PX Rifle 5.5s and I am always amazed at how good the 745s are. Hit a lot of nice shots and they stick too. I still think that one is my favorite in the Srixon 7 series. There is nothing lacking in that iron. It even has the notched heel and toe that they brought back in the ZX7. I can see why pros stuck with the 745 so long. 

I am playing 9 holes tomorrow morning with a borrowed set of Tour MIMs with $Taper 110s. Will be able to compare them back to back under real action. 

• Like 1

I decided to go with the FTX in Steelfiber i95 shafts and now have FTX in pgi 85 stiff standard length and FT in recoil 95 stiff +1/2 if anyone wants them for a deal.   Both are 5-Gw. 

love the FTX, they go super high and consistent distances for me so far.  Forgiveness is crazy. Stopping power has t been and issue and I play in the wind all the time anyways so it helps out a lot for lower spin but still being up there in the air to cut through the wind. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dmeeksDC said:

if you’re not flushing them, you’re not going to like them. Some times club heads affect us in different ways. 

I am playing 9 holes tomorrow morning with a borrowed set of Tour MIMs with $Taper 110s. Will be able to compare them back to back under real action. 

... I would not go quite that far with MIM's as slight mishits are fine, they just don't feel like you hit the center. But yea, more towards the toe and especially thin shots feel almost like a MB so they do need at least "decent" contact. Toe or thin hits are better with the Forged Tec's although not a night and day difference, but noticeable.

... And if I haven't said it before, when absolutely flushed I think they feel softer than forged, but miss them just a little and the sweet feel isn't there. Looking forward to what you think after playing them on the course. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chisag said:

... I would not go quite that far with MIM's as slight mishits are fine, they just don't feel like you hit the center. But yea, more towards the toe and especially thin shots feel almost like a MB so they do need at least "decent" contact. Toe or thin hits are better with the Forged Tec's although not a night and day difference, but noticeable.

... And if I haven't said it before, when absolutely flushed I think they feel softer than forged, but miss them just a little and the sweet feel isn't there. Looking forward to what you think after playing them on the course. 

I worded that poorly. In his post @casey_0507said he was not flushing the Tour MIMs often enough, so I was just saying any player who is not flushing a club is probably not going to like it. Some clubs, you just don’t match up. These feel great to me, I can’t tell they aren’t forged after hitting them. But yes, on the course is the only review that matters. 

1 hour ago, dmeeksDC said:

I worded that poorly. In his post @casey_0507said he was not flushing the Tour MIMs often enough, so I was just saying any player who is not flushing a club is probably not going to like it. Some clubs, you just don’t match up. These feel great to me, I can’t tell they aren’t forged after hitting them. But yes, on the course is the only review that matters. 

In my opinion, barely missing dead center the sweet feel of these go away and doesn't  have a great sound/feel. I think comparative to other irons I've hit (ZX7 and 223) those similar strikes still feel very good compared to the dead nuts flush.  That's more what I was trying to say that probably didn't do a good job of. 

I think a better way to say it is that super sweet feel of the MIM Tour changes far more dramatically than some other irons I've played when slightly off center. 

Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
Spider Tour Red

1 hour ago, casey_0507 said:

think a better way to say it is that super sweet feel of the MIM Tour changes far more dramatically than some other irons I've played when slightly off center. 

... Yea, probably pretty accurate and one of the reasons some balked at the claim of softer than forged. I don't think they feel bad when you miss them a little, they just lose that dense sweet feel of center contact. But miss them more than a little like 3/4 to an inch and they feel pretty bad compared to a more forgiving iron for sure.