Ping PLD Custom Program

dlow206

20 hours ago, islande393 said:

Here she is...doesn't look too bad 

PLDbackpad.JPG.00dc6c84e757769bf18ea2d60d31b75e.JPGPLDFace.JPG.8ca6ec6c9cddd357e3ed7fdf295b027e.JPGPLDSole.JPG.752159961dad6e973cabd5c953a8e372.JPGPLDToe.JPG.d5702c543978f40e0ebcd34dc91ec660.JPGPLSTopline.JPG.94af13902dfa988cb8f0cfda2a1ac3d5.JPG

Love that logo on the toe! 

PING G425 MAX DRIVER w/ACCRA TZX 255

TAYLORMADE 300 MINI w/ACCRA TZX 265

PING G425 MAX 7W w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200F

PING G425 5H w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200H

PING G425 6H w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200H

PING G425 6-SW w/ACCRA ICWT 95

PING GLIDE 4.0 60-10S w/ACCRA 105i

PING ZING 2 PLD CUSTOM

Ain't getting the putter by Christmas. Ping Canada called me this morning asking if I paid for my putter cause they saw the fitting payment and just wanted to make sure everything was good. I said I did cause I did and they said they'll have to double check, maybe accounting got lazy and missed it but they'll send it to Arizona ASAP. So that's 2 weeks of nothing happening. 

It's ok just got snow today in Toronto so no greens for a longgggggg time. 

• Sad 2

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

I just purchased this Ping PLD 72 Hovland build from another member here.  The member is the original owner who ordered this custom putter direct from the Ping Tour Department.  I assume he means the Ping PLD Custom program that we all drool over.  Upon receiving the putter today, I noticed the double bend/face balanced putter sits like this....

IMG_6226.jpg.8a2159caae17a3e87941b386d905d4b7.jpg

Does anybody have an idea why the toe is pointing to the sky and higher than the heel?  The previous owner says the lie is 68* and the loft is 1.5*.  I appreciate the feedback.

I posted this in a separate topic, but wanted to ask the PLD experts here...thanks

2 hours ago, tannerdc said:

I just purchased this Ping PLD 72 Hovland build from another member here.  The member is the original owner who ordered this custom putter direct from the Ping Tour Department.  I assume he means the Ping PLD Custom program that we all drool over.  Upon receiving the putter today, I noticed the double bend/face balanced putter sits like this....

Does anybody have an idea why the toe is pointing to the sky and higher than the heel?  The previous owner says the lie is 68* and the loft is 1.5*.  I appreciate the feedback.

I posted this in a separate topic, but wanted to ask the PLD experts here...thanks

Look up the serial# on Ping’s site and it should have all the specs in there. 

Taylormade SIM2 Max 10.5*

Taylormade Stealth 15*
Taylormade Stealth 22*

Sri on Z U85 26*
Adam’s A-Tour Red 5-P
Edel 54* DVR, 58* DVR

Ping PLD Milled DS-72

9 hours ago, tannerdc said:

I would go to an independent golf shop and have everything measured. PING has original data, but who knows what it is now. 

Secondly, that would drive me crazy lol. It's likely just the way the shaft is sitting/lie angle of the post. 

Keep us posted!

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 54 58

BBFandCo Roulette
MannKrafted Carbon Rattler XL
TP Mills Stainless Softtail
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

45 minutes ago, 5hort5tuff said:

I would go to an independent golf shop and have everything measured. PING has original data, but who knows what it is now. 

Secondly, that would drive me crazy lol. It's likely just the way the shaft is sitting/lie angle of the post. 

Keep us posted!

Most likely the putter is flatter than STD which causes the toe hang to act like that. 

On 11/30/2023 at 8:54 AM, PingGolferBrad said:

Most likely the putter is flatter than STD which causes the toe hang to act like that. 

Regardless that is not face Balanced clearly, I do think a lie angle change would correct it. 

Edited by 5hort5tuff

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 

BBFandCo Roulette
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

On 11/28/2023 at 10:45 AM, islande393 said:

Here she is...doesn't look too bad 

PLDbackpad.JPG.00dc6c84e757769bf18ea2d60d31b75e.JPGPLDFace.JPG.8ca6ec6c9cddd357e3ed7fdf295b027e.JPGPLDSole.JPG.752159961dad6e973cabd5c953a8e372.JPGPLDToe.JPG.d5702c543978f40e0ebcd34dc91ec660.JPGPLSTopline.JPG.94af13902dfa988cb8f0cfda2a1ac3d5.JPG

Wow.  Wish the extra ping graphics were available when I got the DZB.  Anyway, when the finish starts to fade a bit on the edges, bottom, etc., the oyster finish really starts to pop.  

Enjoy!   Probably one of the truest putters I've ever owned.  The ball width grooves and cavity really frames the ball well.  

PING G430 LST 10* Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50S

PING G430 LST 3Wd 16.0* Fujikura XLR8 61

PING iCrossover Ventus Blue HB 7R

PING i525 4-PW Mitsubishi OTi 105 Stiff

Edel 47* TRP/54* DVR/58* DVR KBS CTaper Lite 110 Stiff

PING PLD DZB Proto

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2023 at 10:20 PM, tannerdc said:

Is there tungsten in the heel? Is it a single bend or double bend shaft?

I recently completed my fitting at Ping Canada HQ. Like everyone else has mentioned it was a great experience. The data showed that my stroke type was right in the middle between a slight arc and straight. At my fitting I selected that I was going to get the following:

- Left Hand – 34 ½”
- Anser D SS – 30 hosel
- Shallow Amp
- 375 grams
- Double Oyster
- Matte Black Shaft
- Alignment Aid – Dot on top/White
- PP60 Grip

However, just received a call today stating they can't do the 30 hosel on the anser D head which is a bit of a bummer.

Some other options that I could do would be the following:

- Anser D with traditional neck

- Anser D with anser 5 neck - anyone have any experience with this neck

- Traditional anser 30

Welcome anyone's feedback or thoughts what would be best!

Driver: Titleist TSR2 10° | TZFive 60 M5

FW: Titleist TSR3 18° | GD IZ 7x

Titleist TSR3 21° Hybrid | GD IZ 95x

Irons: Titleist T100 4 iron (Axiom 105x), 5-PW (Axiom 125x)

Wedges: SM10 51°F, 55°F, 60°T | S400 

Putter: Custom Ping PLD Anser 30

12 minutes ago, Ntrewy7 said:

I recently completed my fitting at Ping Canada HQ. Like everyone else has mentioned it was a great experience. The data showed that my stroke type was right in the middle between a slight arc and straight. At my fitting I selected that I was going to get the following:

- Left Hand – 34 ½”
- Anser D SS – 30 hosel
- Shallow Amp
- 375 grams
- Double Oyster
- Matte Black Shaft
- PP60 Grip

However, just received a call today stating they can't do the 30 hosel on the anser D head which is a bit of a bummer.

- Traditional anser 30

Odd situation for sure but also that sucks. But is the toe hang the bigger factor or weight? Also closure rate but if you tested fine with a face balanced either should work. 

See how heavy an Anser 30 can be if you need the weight. If you like the size then Anser 5D if the face balanced isn't an issue for you. There is also the Anser X if you like double bend shaft, it's a bit wider than an Anser and Ping could possibly make it 30° toe hang and heavy. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

12 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

Odd situation for sure but also that sucks. But is the toe hang the bigger factor or weight? Also closure rate but if you tested fine with a face balanced either should work. 

See how heavy an Anser 30 can be if you need the weight. If you like the size then Anser 5D if the face balanced isn't an issue for you. There is also the Anser X if you like double bend shaft, it's a bit wider than an Anser and Ping could possibly make it 30° toe hang and heavy. 

Yeah odd situation. I think it was the perfect combination idea of the size of the D and the look of the long shaft. I tested the Anser 30 when getting fit and performed the best with but selected the D because of friendliness looking over the ball. The weight, is something I can adjust to but prefer heavier. On shorter putts my stroke tends to get wobbly and tempo gets quick so more weight helps. They mentioned that the Anser 30 could get up to 365-375

I never got to try the Anser 5D, but the fitter said that the hosel looks as if it over the centre of the head which put me off a little.

43 minutes ago, Ntrewy7 said:

Yeah odd situation. I think it was the perfect combination idea of the size of the D and the look of the long shaft. I tested the Anser 30 when getting fit and performed the best with but selected the D because of friendliness looking over the ball. The weight, is something I can adjust to but prefer heavier. On shorter putts my stroke tends to get wobbly and tempo gets quick so more weight helps. They mentioned that the Anser 30 could get up to 365-375

I never got to try the Anser 5D, but the fitter said that the hosel looks as if it over the centre of the head which put me off a little.

Seems like a tough decision for sure, I'd definitely take the best performing one as it will build confidence over time for sure. Plus if you don't like the Anser 5D which you may be hesitant on as you said thats a lot of money gone. 

Also sounds like Ping Canada has a lot more heads to try than I expected. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

17 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

Seems like a tough decision for sure, I'd definitely take the best performing one as it will build confidence over time for sure. Plus if you don't like the Anser 5D which you may be hesitant on as you said thats a lot of money gone. 

Also sounds like Ping Canada has a lot more heads to try than I expected. 

Yeah for sure. Leaning towards Anser 30 or Anser D. I don't think I can go wrong with either option really. 

I was suprised at the amount of options they had for lefties at Ping HQ. They had all of the below with different finishes, weight and milling.

- Carbon Kushin with double bend

- Carbon Anser

- Carbon Oslo 4

- SS Anser 30

- SS Anser D

- Carbon Tyne double bend

- Stainless DS72 with plumbers neck.

Edited by Ntrewy7
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ntrewy7 said:

Yeah for sure. Leaning towards Anser 30 or Anser D. I don't think I can go wrong with either option really. 

I was suprised at the amount of options they had for lefties at Ping HQ. They had all of the below with different finishes, weight and milling.

- Carbon Kushin with double bend

- Carbon Anser

- Carbon Oslo 4

- SS Anser 30

- SS Anser D

- Carbon Tyne double bend

- Stainless DS72 with plumbers beck.

The one thing my fitter said during my fit when I was humming and hawwing between the Anser 4K and Kushin 4. The Kushin 4 I can get a retail, the Anser 4K I cannot and probably never will. 

The Anser 30 definitely not something you can get at retail. The Anser D while different than your spec is a PLD Milled option. 

That's a really solid selection, I was worried Ping Canada wouldn't have a lot but they do which is nice to see. 

• Like 2

Lefty - WITB Thread

1 hour ago, Ntrewy7 said:

Imo with the $$$ you are spending, you shouldn't buy for something you didnt get a chance to Demo. Most of the time for me, it takes one look at address and I wont touch the putter. 

You should see if they will have you back and roll whatever else you can on their dime.  Its really not your fault that they cant provide the putter you were fit for.  That 30* neck is different than the standard and the 5 neck. 

• Like 1

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 

BBFandCo Roulette
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

1 hour ago, MattM97 said:

The one thing my fitter said during my fit when I was humming and hawwing between the Anser 4K and Kushin 4. The Kushin 4 I can get a retail, the Anser 4K I cannot and probably never will. 

The Anser 30 definitely not something you can get at retail. The Anser D while different than your spec is a PLD Milled option. 

That's a really solid selection, I was worried Ping Canada wouldn't have a lot but they do which is nice to see. 

That is a good point. Can always get the Anser D at retail but will never be able to get the Anser 30. Plus it was a solid performer especially on shorter putts which I struggle withy typically.

40 minutes ago, Ntrewy7 said:

That is a good point. Can always get the Anser D at retail but will never be able to get the Anser 30. Plus it was a solid performer especially on shorter putts which I struggle withy typically.

That was a focus for me as well those short putts being able to knock in those short ones with confidence. 

Ultimately it's your decision I don't want to sway it a certain way just sharing what I experienced in my PLD Fitting. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

20 hours ago, MattM97 said:

That was a focus for me as well those short putts being able to knock in those short ones with confidence. 

Ultimately it's your decision I don't want to sway it a certain way just sharing what I experienced in my PLD Fitting. 

Not influencing my decision at all! I was just surprised at what I what I performed best with. Have been a mid mallet/mallet guy my whole life. Always was scared of blades but the long neck made it feel more comfortable.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2023 at 5:54 PM, Ntrewy7 said:

- Left Hand – 34 ½”
- Anser D SS – 30 hosel
- Shallow Amp
- 375 grams
- Double Oyster
- Matte Black Shaft
- PP60 Grip

- Traditional anser 30

I have an Anser 5D - face balanced. DM me if you want to chat  

• Like 1

On 11/3/2023 at 6:45 PM, nels said:

I can’t explain how much I love this putter.  It isn’t too over the top but has enough t personalization to make it unique and my own! Put my Dad’s,mine and my sons initials on the sole plus gotta add a ping man!   My Dad was a big tinkerer and loved PING, I still have some of his vintage persimmon ping clubs.  Glad I can pay homage to him every time I take this putter out.  So glad I pulled the trigger on this.

IMG_1889.jpeg

IMG_1890.jpeg

IMG_1891.jpeg

IMG_1888.jpeg

Thing is beautiful. Well done! 👏🏼

14 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

Just got an email from the Ping Canada rep, my putter is milled, engraving and face milling is done. It's next in line for weights and finish then should be out by 2nd week of January due to shut down for the holidays. 

So it's near the end for me, it's taken a bit longer than it should have but some miscommunication at the start and the holiday season coming up will have me at 8 weeks once the putter ships which is still decent. 

Very nice.  Love seeing these come to life, very tempted to book!

9 minutes ago, tleader said:

Very nice.  Love seeing these come to life, very tempted to book!

Yup I did ask about in progress pics and they said they'll have some before they ship but they might grab a few now if they can but I said no worries. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

28 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

Yup I did ask about in progress pics and they said they'll have some before they ship but they might grab a few now if they can but I said no worries. 

Just an unreal process from

an OEM. Certainly used to this from boutique makers, but refreshing to have an OEM do the same. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tleader said:

Just an unreal process from

an OEM. Certainly used to this from boutique makers, but refreshing to have an OEM do the same. 

Not many boutique brands offer a fitting as part of the process to make sure you get the best putter possible. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

1 hour ago, MattM97 said:

Just got an email from the Ping Canada rep, my putter is milled, engraving and face milling is done. It's next in line for weights and finish then should be out by 2nd week of January due to shut down for the holidays. 

So it's near the end for me, it's taken a bit longer than it should have but some miscommunication at the start and the holiday season coming up will have me at 8 weeks once the putter ships which is still decent. 

Awesome!  Excited to see the build!

• Like 1

Lefty

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9* / VA Composites Nemesys 65 X

3W: Taylor Made Stealth 2 Plus / VA Composites Drago 75 X

5W: Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max/ Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75 X

4H: Titleist TSR3 19*/ Oban Isawa Gold Hybrid 70S

5H: Titleist TSR1 23*/ Oban Isawa Godl Hybrid 70S

Irons: 6i/7i Srixon ZX4 MKII, 8-PW Srixon ZX5 MKII/ True Temper Project X LZ 6.0

Wedges: 49* 53* 57* Taylor Made Hi-Toe 3 Copper / True Temper Project X LZ 6.0

Putters: Mann Krafted MA66, Mack Made Jewell Slotted w/ LAGP, Yamada Musashi Burning Copper, Seemore Nashville MFGP2, Bettinardi Innovai 8.0 w/ LAGP Soho, Kevin Burns 9310 w/Stability Polar +More