Shouting in the street, gonna take on the world someday
You got blood on your face, you big disgrace
Waving your banner all over the place

We will, we will rock you, sing it!
We will, we will rock you, yeah

Buddy, you're an old man, poor man
Pleading with your eyes, gonna get you some peace someday
You got mud on your face, big disgrace
Somebody better put you back into your place, do it!

• Haha 1

Titleist TSR3 10.5* ~ Ventus TR Blue 58g

Titleist TSR2 15* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 18* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 21* (H) ~ Tensei AV Raw Blue 65g

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged, 4-6 ~ Aerotech SteelFiber i95

Mizuno Pro 245, 7-PW ~ Nippon NS Pro 950GH Neo

Miura Milled Tour Wedge QPQ 52* ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Miura Milled Tour Wedge High Bounce QPQ 58*HB-12 ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Scotty Special Select Squareback 2

Titleist Players glove, ProV1 Ball; Mizuno K1-LO Stand Bag, BR-D4C Cart Bag

13 hours ago, bobfoster said:

Buddy, you're a boy, make a big noise
Playing in the street, gonna be a big man someday
You got mud on your face, you big disgrace
Kicking your can all over the place, singin'

We will, we will rock you
We will, we will rock you

Buddy, you're a young man, hard man
Shouting in the street, gonna take on the world someday
You got blood on your face, you big disgrace
Waving your banner all over the place

We will, we will rock you, sing it!
We will, we will rock you, yeah

Buddy, you're an old man, poor man
Pleading with your eyes, gonna get you some peace someday
You got mud on your face, big disgrace
Somebody better put you back into your place, do it!

Is that a song about the Phoenix Suns?

Phil's getting really bad advice.  Apparently the so called earth shattering book unveiling Phil has just as much as good as bad.  No surprise, Phil haters will be "see?!? I told you he's scum".  Phil fans will be "so what's the big deal?  Phil's awesome".

Phil could have showed up this week, did a mea culpa (his version), just slack off on the negative with a "hey, so I am not perfect", focus on how much he loves the game and the fans.  Hardly anyone on golfwrx or the media will believe him, but most fans will and his fellow players will only be in two camps; with totally welcome him back or stay silent.  

He could have walked down the fairways, made bogeys, take risky shots, whatever, most fans would be "go Phil!" and trying to high five him.  The dopamine would get triggered, Phil feeling that "high" and by next week the Instagram cranked up again with seeds, calves, and coffee.

Behind closed doors he could get out the kneepads for Jay Monahan, no one know, and the so called player committee would rally around protecting their own, because that is what PGA Tour golf is all about (us the millionaire golfers vs the world).

But I guess there is just one other matter to take care of, can he give Norman the finger and ditch LIV?  Will the accountants allow that?

The final chapter of Phil is still to come.  Back on PGA Tour or rolling with LIV?  It is hard to see how he can have both.  Rolling with LIV would be a career ending move.

Edited by CasualLie
  • Like 2

• Like 1

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

36 minutes ago, CasualLie said:

Phil's getting really bad advice.  Apparently the so called earth shattering book unveiling Phil has just as much as good as bad.  No surprise, Phil haters will be "see?!? I told you he's scum".  Phil fans will be "so what's the big deal?  Phil's awesome".

Phil could have showed up this week, did a mea culpa (his version), just slack off on the negative with a "hey, so I am not perfect", focus on how much he loves the game and the fans.  Hardly anyone on golfwrx or the media will believe him, but most fans will and his fellow players will only be in two camps; with totally welcome him back or stay silent.  

He could have walked down the fairways, made bogeys, take risky shots, whatever, most fans would be "go Phil!" and trying to high five him.  The dopamine would get triggered, Phil feeling that "high" and by next week the Instagram cranked up again with seeds, calves, and coffee.

Behind closed doors he could get out the kneepads for Finchem, no one know, and the so called player committee would rally around protecting their own, because that is what PGA Tour golf is all about (us the millionaire golfers vs the world).

But I guess there is just one other matter to take care of, can he give Norman the finger and ditch LIV?  Will the accountants allow that?

The final chapter of Phil is still to come.  Back on PGA Tour or rolling with LIV?  It is hard to see how he can have both.  Rolling with LIV would be a career ending move.

So do you think Phil was lying when he said less than 3 months ago that he needed time away to resolve issues that have been manifesting for the past decade?

Plus what does Finchem have to do with this?  He retired or is he still pushing buttons from behind the curtain?

Edited by BlackDiamondPar5

13 minutes ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

So do you think Phil was lying when he said less than 3 months ago that he needed time away to resolve issues that have been manifesting for the past decade?

Plus what does Finchem have to do with this? 

Sorry, meant Jay....presumably Phil is "suspended"

I don't think he was exactly lying.  I think it was one of those DJ like suspended but not suspended deals.  Maybe he did want to play PGA Championship and while technically allowed it goes against the spirit of the Tour suspension and so he had to weigh how that might effect his getting back on PGA Tour.

Until Phil speaks, none of us really know, and the problem also is, when he does finally get around to talking we still won't know what is really going on.  Guess we will just wait until he tees it up again to see where the priority lies; if it is LIV in London next month, that will be a pretty bad look.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ghost of Snead said:

My primary question would be, what "Local events" is he not playing well in? "Event" seems more than just teeing it up w/a few friends.  So seems we would know those scores.  Seems like sketchy speculation. 

Secondly I'm kind of at a loss with people being surprised that he's not playing.  He did say he desperately needed time away to resolve issues that have been manifesting for the last decade.  If sincere it seems you don't fix a decade of problems in less than 3 months. Or was that just a lie?

Edited by BlackDiamondPar5

1 minute ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

My primary question would be, what "Local events" is he not playing well in? Seems like sketchy speculation. 

Secondly I'm kind of at a loss with people being surprised that he's not playing.  He did say he desperately needed time away to resolve issues that have been manifesting for the last decade.  If sincere it seems you don't fix a decade of problems in less than 3 months. Or was that just a lie?

Ginella has a lot of connections around the SD area so I wouldn't be surprised if Phil is not playing well given what he is going through. I'd actually be surprised if he shows up in London and plays.

Taylor Made Spider Mini

3 minutes ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

My primary question would be, what "Local events" is he not playing well in? Seems like sketchy speculation. 

Not "events", just rounds.

I am not buying those rumors anyway as the "reason".  A golfer at that level can shoot 78 one day on an easy course and two days later 67 on a tough one.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CasualLie said:

Not "events", just rounds.

I am not buying those rumors anyway as the "reason".  A golfer at that level can shoot 78 one day on an easy course and two days later 67 on a tough one.

Reasons are pretty obvious to me - Shipnuck book out tomorrow / Media circus at PGA / Game not ready 

Taylor Made Spider Mini

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Snead said:

Reasons are pretty obvious to me - Shipnuck book out tomorrow / Media circus at PGA / Game not ready 

Hence my post above, the media circus will be at whatever Phil's next event will be (maybe even next 3 - 5 events), it is not going away so might as well get it over with.  Respond to the book, spin it his own way.  And he's defending champ.  He's not going to win regardless, just tee it up and have some fun with the fans.

Edited by CasualLie

The latest from Alan Shipnuck:

https://firepitcollective.com/askalan-phil/

I found this bit at the end to be the most interesting:

Do you feel guilty at all about all this s***, Alan? @wokekenzie

It has been uncomfortable to be in the middle of this story. I have a lot of emotions about it, but guilt isn’t one of them. I did not force Mickelson to engage in sneaky dealings with the Saudis that could subvert his home tour even as he had a clear-eyed knowledge of their atrocities. I didn’t make him call me and tell me everything. Those were his choices. He created this mess. Once I knew the real story of Mickelson’s involvement with the Saudis, I had a fiduciary duty to bring the truth to fans and other stakeholders in the game. My fidelity is to the readers, not Phil Mickelson, not the PGA Tour and certainly not the Saudis. But part of me most definitely wishes Phil had never called me. At that point, I was a week away from my publisher’s deadline and the book was basically done. It was full of fun, lively, outrageous stories about Phil and enough juicy bits to create some buzz. His phone call to me turned both of our worlds upside down.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Greg_B said:

The latest from Alan Shipnuck:

https://firepitcollective.com/askalan-phil/

I found this bit at the end to be the most interesting:

Do you feel guilty at all about all this s***, Alan? @wokekenzie

It has been uncomfortable to be in the middle of this story. I have a lot of emotions about it, but guilt isn’t one of them. I did not force Mickelson to engage in sneaky dealings with the Saudis that could subvert his home tour even as he had a clear-eyed knowledge of their atrocities. I didn’t make him call me and tell me everything. Those were his choices. He created this mess. Once I knew the real story of Mickelson’s involvement with the Saudis, I had a fiduciary duty to bring the truth to fans and other stakeholders in the game. My fidelity is to the readers, not Phil Mickelson, not the PGA Tour and certainly not the Saudis. But part of me most definitely wishes Phil had never called me. At that point, I was a week away from my publisher’s deadline and the book was basically done. It was full of fun, lively, outrageous stories about Phil and enough juicy bits to create some buzz. His phone call to me turned both of our worlds upside down.

Sounds like FIGJAM gonna FIGJAM

12.0 @ 11.25 Titleist 915D2 | Diamana M+ 50
16.5 @ 17.25 Titleist TSI2 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 60

23.0 @ 22.25 Titleist TSI1 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 60
7H 29.0 @ 28.0 Titleist TSI1 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 80HYB
6-P Titleist T100 | Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue AM2
50.12F, 54.12D, 58.10S, 62.08M Titleist Vokey SM8 | Nippon 850GH
Scotty Cameron SS Newport 1.5
Taylormade TP5

I don't know why he doesn't just play right now....everyone knows the story. If anything he's more sympathetic than he was before. Before he was just greedy, now he's a terrible gambler who needed the money. That's better on the reasons list to deal with Saudi money.

Just play already, i don't know what sitting out does

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Then there's this story about Phil and Gary McCord as reported by Awful Announcing:

In an excerpt released this weekend (quoted here from the London Times) focused on Mickelson’s gambling habits (and losses), McCord revealed one of the most absurd (and yet, considering the people involved, very believable) anecdotes yet: that he used to gamble with Phil on shot outcomes while working in the CBS tower.

The section in question, via an excerpt at the Times:

“When I was in the TV tower,” says former CBS announcer Gary McCord, “every time Phil got to my hole, Bones [his caddie] would look up at me and I would flash the odds. If Phil had a 15-footer, I’d flash three fingers, which meant the odds were 3-1. If he was 60 feet, I’d give him 2-1 on a two-putt. Bones would go down and whisper in his ear and Phil would look up at me and shake his head, yes or no.

“I can’t tell you how many wadded-up twenties I threw out of the tower, until the Tour found out about it and I got word through CBS I was no longer allowed to gamble with Phil while up in the tower.”

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Greg_B said:

Then there's this story about Phil and Gary McCord as reported by Awful Announcing:

In an excerpt released this weekend (quoted here from the London Times) focused on Mickelson’s gambling habits (and losses), McCord revealed one of the most absurd (and yet, considering the people involved, very believable) anecdotes yet: that he used to gamble with Phil on shot outcomes while working in the CBS tower.

The section in question, via an excerpt at the Times:

“When I was in the TV tower,” says former CBS announcer Gary McCord, “every time Phil got to my hole, Bones [his caddie] would look up at me and I would flash the odds. If Phil had a 15-footer, I’d flash three fingers, which meant the odds were 3-1. If he was 60 feet, I’d give him 2-1 on a two-putt. Bones would go down and whisper in his ear and Phil would look up at me and shake his head, yes or no.

“I can’t tell you how many wadded-up twenties I threw out of the tower, until the Tour found out about it and I got word through CBS I was no longer allowed to gamble with Phil while up in the tower.”

Uh, isn't gambling when you have direct control of the outcome a huge no-no?

12.0 @ 11.25 Titleist 915D2 | Diamana M+ 50
16.5 @ 17.25 Titleist TSI2 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 60

23.0 @ 22.25 Titleist TSI1 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 60
7H 29.0 @ 28.0 Titleist TSI1 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 80HYB
6-P Titleist T100 | Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue AM2
50.12F, 54.12D, 58.10S, 62.08M Titleist Vokey SM8 | Nippon 850GH
Scotty Cameron SS Newport 1.5
Taylormade TP5

Personally, I don't think Phil is coming back to the PGA Tour, ever.  Based on his "apology", I don't think that he feels he did or said anything wrong relative to the PGA Tour, and I think he is still all in on the LIV Tour.  I would not be surprised if he defies the Tour and plays in the London event. Then when he gets suspended by the Tour, he can play the victim even harder than he has been for much of the last year.

He's probably long ago cashed a big check from the Saudis and really doesn't want to give any of that money back.  He's also smart enough to know that last year's PGA Championship was an anomaly and that his days of regularly contending on the PGA Tour are over.  Further, he's probably not that excited about kicking it around resort courses on the Champions Tour with a bunch of old guys.  I think he's all in on LIV and views himself as the leader of the rebellion.

I could be wrong...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, djmohab2 said:

You're right, and Phil is a huge stickler for rules. 😆

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

I must have missed something. Supposedly Phil lost 40 million over a 4 year period that saw a income of 172 million but somehow everybody thinks he's broke. Total career earnings on and off the course was 1.04 billion. Guess it's possible I think it's highly unlikely.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

4 minutes ago, braincramp52 said:

I must have missed something. Supposedly Phil lost 40 million over a 4 year period that saw a income of 172 million but somehow everybody thinks he's broke. Total career earnings on and off the course was 1.04 billion. Guess it's possible I think it's highly unlikely.

California took 90% of it 

• Haha 2

Taylor Made Spider Mini

2 hours ago, djmohab2 said:

Hold on, I'll call Pete Rose and get back to you.

• Haha 1

Taylor Made Spider Mini