2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Cobra LTDx LS

Kale_m

I have 3 shafts to play with:

1) Ventus Blue TR 6x

2) TRONO 65x

3) GD tour AD IZ-6x (arriving Wednesday)

Started with 9* LS head that was a no go for launch and spin (too low/low)

Currently have a regular LTDx 9* head I’m trying, launch is a tad low, spin is good.  Might pair well with the higher launching AD IZ shaft coming?  If not...

I’ll need to test the 10.5 heads for launch and possibly the LS again to bring down the spin gained from added loft.

keeps me interested & entertained anyway 🤣

Driver TSR3 9* & 11* Ventus TR Blue 6x (10K - Testing)

Fairway TSr3 4W Ventus TR Red 7x

Fairway  TS 7W Ventus TR Blue 8x

Irons Ping i210’s with DG 120 x-100’s +1/2”

Wedges Glide Forged Pros 50*,54*,58* DG 120 s300 +1/2”

Putter Armlock💪🏼

Ball Vice Pro Plus

2 hours ago, spike said:

Where is everyone playing the heavy weight, heel or toe?, I can't say I really noticed much either way on the range. 

Just wondering if one configuration will launch higher or spin more? 

Not really, think of it as insurance for your miss. If you tend to miss toe side, put it in the toe, and vice versa for heel misses.

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoy my Cobra LTDx Ls, and have been impressed with the forgiveness and results on mishits on the face. I came from a Ping G425 LST, a club I think is well rounded, but I just couldn’t max my distance on it. When testing, I always got 300 or so rpm more spin on the Ping vs the Cobra and Callaway LS options. The Cobra LTDx is a great option too, it didn’t have much more spin on it comparably, just launched a little higher. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2022 at 10:26 PM, Cliffy2020 said:

I have 3 shafts to play with:

1) Ventus Blue TR 6x

2) TRONO 65x

3) GD tour AD IZ-6x (arriving Wednesday)

Started with 9* LS head that was a no go for launch and spin (too low/low)

Currently have a regular LTDx 9* head I’m trying, launch is a tad low, spin is good.  Might pair well with the higher launching AD IZ shaft coming?  If not...

I’ll need to test the 10.5 heads for launch and possibly the LS again to bring down the spin gained from added loft.

keeps me interested & entertained anyway 🤣

What shaft ended up coming out on top?

Played stealth all season, I’m a +2.3 and when I tell you I was hitting 25-30 yard slices with the stealth. It was the strangest thing because my strength has always been off the tee, not to mention with TM drivers (‘17 m2 2.5+ years, m5 2.5+ years) 

so I went down to golf galaxy just hit heads and slapped an old DF I had in the LTDX LS and this this is an absolute rocket launcher. One of the best drivers and holy smokes is it forgiving to be a players driver.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Tommyboi95 said:

What shaft ended up coming out on top?

Ventus so far (with the LTDx 10.5 turned down to 9* with 5g lead tape on the toe half)

But I haven’t been able to do any side by side on course testing (too packed) and my range balls are garbage.

Putter Armlock💪🏼

Ball Vice Pro Plus

On 7/7/2022 at 1:54 PM, Cliffy2020 said:

Ventus so far (with the LTDx 10.5 turned down to 9* with 5g lead tape on the toe half)

But I haven’t been able to do any side by side on course testing (too packed) and my range balls are garbage.

You turned it into a fade bias beast! I love the tinkering and getting it dialed in. 

I finally settled on 9 degrees on the upright setting with the Tour AD shaft. I just hit it up the right side with a soft draw and let's just say the miss is right edge (push). It has given me 2 extra fairways a round over the F9 which was fade bias. I just decided to go with my natural draw shape and the F9 just didn't let that happen.  

Cobra LTDx 10.5* Tour AD HD 5X, Big Tour 15.5*, Rad Tour 18.5* Even Flow White 6.0

Titleist U500 4 23* Hzdrus Smoke Black 6.0 

Titleist 718 AP2 5-P DG AMT White S300 

Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S, DG S200

Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1, Vice Pro Plus, Foresight GC3 

LTDx LS 10.5 turned down to 9.5 with UB 6-X has been a nice combo for me! Now to just tinker with the toe and heel weights to see what thats all about

• Like 1

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

6 minutes ago, agood3putt said:

LTDx LS 10.5 turned down to 9.5 with UB 6-X has been a nice combo for me! Now to just tinker with the toe and heel weights to see what thats all about

Like your pic. Go BU! Fell in love with the campus the 10 days he was there. He didn’t however. 

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

7 hours ago, TourSpoon said:

You turned it into a fade bias beast! I love the tinkering and getting it dialed in. 

I finally settled on 9 degrees on the upright setting with the Tour AD shaft. I just hit it up the right side with a soft draw and let's just say the miss is right edge (push). It has given me 2 extra fairways a round over the F9 which was fade bias. I just decided to go with my natural draw shape and the F9 just didn't let that happen.  

Yes.

After playing a fade with my PING on the flat setting for the past few seasons, the 9*cobra head just looked too upright at address and yes it’s a baby draw machine.  I just have trouble aiming up the right, trusting & committing after years of fading the ball. 

I can still draw the 10.5 turned down, but had trouble fading the 9* or the 10.5* in the standard setting and head weight.

It could be a blessing in the standard setting having a driver that won’t go right if I could get over my fade preference bias.  I could probably sort that out in a range session or two.

The nice thing is I have 2 heads to tinker with that are absolutely tunable to do what I want.  

Looking forward to more rounds getting to know this beauty.

• Like 2

Putter Armlock💪🏼

Ball Vice Pro Plus

I started with the LTDX Blue version in 10.5 with stock reg flex Smoke IM10. I still get after it but at 60, I know I don't need anything more than a good reg flex shaft. The LTDX was longer and more forgiving than my M5. I dialed it down to 9.5 and it still went a little too high and left for me.  

I really like the blue version but the glossy finish is very shinny in the sun.  I switched to the LTDX LS version in 9 degree black version and the same shaft.  To me the LTX LS might be just slightly less forgiving than the LTDX but still way better than the M5.   The LTDX LS is a beast for me, mid ball flight with nice roll out. Currently have it set at 8 degrees with two 10g weights in it. 

Edited by Spumoni
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Spumoni said:

I started with the LTDX Blue version in 10.5 with stock reg flex Smoke IM10. I still get after it but at 60, I know I don't need anything more than a good reg flex shaft. The LTDX was longer and more forgiving than my M5. I dialed it down to 9.5 and it still went a little too high and left for me.  

I really like the blue version but the glossy finish is very shinny in the sun.  I switched to the LTDX LS version in 9 degree black version and the same shaft.  To me the LTX LS might be just slightly less forgiving than the LTDX but still way better than the M5.   The LTDX LS is a beast for me, mid ball flight with nice roll out. Currently have it set at 8 degrees with two 10g weights in it. 

I'm also coming from a M5 and also have two 10g weights in my LTDx LS. It's been great so far and I'm close to finalizing a shaft to use with it. It's been better for me overall than the M5. 

Driver: TaylorMade Qi10 9*

Fairways: TaylorMade M1 (2017) Aldila Black; Callaway Epic Flash 7 wood

Irons: Cobra KING Forged Tec Irons Steelfiber i110cw

Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0 54*; Callaway JAWS Full Toe 58*

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour 

Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

I’ve only played 27 holes with the new driver (LS 10.5) and paired with my Smoke Green it just gets out there. The only thing I’m seeing so far is that it launches quite a bit lower then my Gen4 driver in same loft and shaft. I may end up going into a mid launching shaft such as Ventus Blue to get ball flight where I want it. But the ball just wants to go straight. 

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

• 2 weeks later...

Headweight on the LS is 194g’s correct?  With the stock 3g / 10g weights… mines 193.9 to be exact 

Edited by Phabs

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

Mine was 193g

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

props to cobra for making such a nice driver, got my dad a LTDx LS 9* with ust helium 55g, he always have issue with high spin using proper senior spec driver heads. The LS head is still very forgiving, while perfectly weighted and produce low spin. You might be wondering whats a regular flex shaft doing in a low spin head? well they pair really nicely this time, the launch and spin is spot on while achieving really good overall weight.

Well I’m coming from a TM Sim 2 driver  and it’s been my gamer for two years but I was falling short in the distance category. Started reading this post so I went and tested the LTDx LS and LTDx. LTDx I tending to hit shots a bit left with and ball speed was about 147. Picked up the LS version and spin was maybe 200-300 less, carry was about the same and ball speed went up to 150. I never see differences in distance like this, I’m hitting this driver 20 yards further than the SIM 2. Ended up going with the Tensei white in stiff (SS 100-104). The green shaft had terrible dispersion and the Blue RDX I didn’t see it launching any higher than the Tensei white. What a great addition to my bag and a huge advantage with one to two less clubs into each hole.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kneeknocker83 said:

Well I’m coming from a TM Sim 2 driver  and it’s been my gamer for two years but I was falling short in the distance category. Started reading this post so I went and tested the LTDx LS and LTDx. LTDx I tending to hit shots a bit left with and ball speed was about 147. Picked up the LS version and spin was maybe 200-300 less, carry was about the same and ball speed went up to 150. I never see differences in distance like this, I’m hitting this driver 20 yards further than the SIM 2. Ended up going with the Tensei white in stiff (SS 100-104). The green shaft had terrible dispersion and the Blue RDX I didn’t see it launching any higher than the Tensei white. What a great addition to my bag and a huge advantage with one to two less clubs into each hole.

There's a reason why the SIM2 wasn't gamed by many of the TM Staffers.

TM Qi10 LS 9° LAGP A-series Low 60 - 5(X) Limited Release

Cobra King Speedzone 14.5° LAGP Tour AXS BLU 70X

TM 2019 P790 3 19° LAGP A-series Low Hybrid 105

TM 2019 P790 4-P LAGP L-series 120i - 5(X)

TM MG4 50.09° SB 54.11° SB 60.08° LB LAGP L-series 120i - 5(X)

SIK Pro C-Series Armlock LAGP TPZ 180 | Titleist 23’ Pro V1x 

On 6/25/2022 at 6:51 PM, spike said:

Where is everyone playing the heavy weight, heel or toe?, I can't say I really noticed much either way on the range. 

Just wondering if one configuration will launch higher or spin more? 

Bryson is currently using an LS with 58.5 degree lie angle with 3g in the toe and 6g in the heel with 6 degrees of loft. He's playing it at 45.75".

If I move the 10 g to the toe I definitely have a more fade ball flight.  I leave mine in the heel due to preferring a draw

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

So after a month of no golf I got back to golf, lost my swing, found it again second round and this driver is still point and shoot. As long as I'm pointing that face into play it's going to go in play.

Now just need to put some better swings on the ball and I can take full advantage of this driver setup. 

• Like 2

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

39 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

So after a month of no golf I got back to golf, lost my swing, found it again second round and this driver is still point and shoot. As long as I'm pointing that face into play it's going to go in play.

Now just need to put some better swings on the ball and I can take full advantage of this driver setup. 

Heading to my fitter today to try the LS, love my old LTD Pro but I've given into my curiosity.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, doc52 said:

Heading to my fitter today to try the LS, love my old LTD Pro but I've given into my curiosity.

Even the regular LTD is good just if you need that drop in spin the LS is great for that. And if people are trying drivers these should be one everyone tries, cause when I got fit and the fitter handed me a Cobra I said "I don't get along well with these but I'll give it a try" and well it's in my bag now. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

1 minute ago, MattM97 said:

Even the regular LTD is good just if you need that drop in spin the LS is great for that. And if people are trying drivers these should be one everyone tries, cause when I got fit and the fitter handed me a Cobra I said "I don't get along well with these but I'll give it a try" and well it's in my bag now. 

My good friend said that exact line to me when I told him I started playing the LTD Pro.

• Like 1

Hit this a couple weeks ago and loved the feel. Couldn’t trust the numbers I was getting since their monitors weren’t working correctly so I have no idea how it’s going to perform for me. Naturally I started looking for deals. Found one in good shape with a Ventus TR which I’ve also really wanted to try so it’s a win-win. Saturday can’t get here fast enough. 

• Like 3

Cobra LTDx LS - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Titleist TSi3 15* - Tour AD DI 7X

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-GW

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5

I have been playing my LTDx LS for most of the summer now and have very much loved it.  I have a Ventus Velocore Black 60x and really like the combo.  On good strikes I just bomb it, but it also shines on forgiving misshits.  I found in the past a driver may favor one or the other, but this one has been the best of both worlds for me so far this year. 

Driver - Cobra LTDx LS - 8*

Woods - Cobra LTDx 14*

Hybrids - Ping G425 19, 22, 26, 30

Irons - Maltby KE4 Max 8-GW

Wedges - Maltby TSW 54, 60

Putter - Scotty Cameron Futura X Armlock

My WITB Shenanigans