2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Taylormade Stealth 2……it’s happening?????? Black and Red

TRC723

Looks like the sim2 with different colors. 

WITB

Driver: Taylormade Qi10 Core - Ventus Blue+ 6x (45)

4 Wood: Taylormade Qi10 Core - Ventus Blue+ 7x

3 Utility: Mizuno 2024 Pro Fli-Hi - Ventus Blue HB 9x

Irons: Titleist T150 4,5 / T100 6-PW - MMT 125 TX

Wedges: SM10 Raw 52, 56, 60 - MMT 125 TX

Putter: Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Cruiser (35.5)

Balls: Titleist ProV1x

2 hours ago, StillCantPutt said:

This is NOT true at all. Bad info. As someone previously mentioned, pros are reluctant to change anything from a shaft to a head as they test multiple heads and multiple exact shafts to find the right one for them. They change their wedges often but that’s about it. 

11 minutes ago, aph2011 said:

This is literally the dumbest take I’ve ever read on this website, which is really saying something…

you must not follow pro golf much at all if you don't know common knowledge. They literally have a tour van full of guys working round the clock to build them clubs as they see fit. if you really think they play with a single driver for an entire full season then you should educate yourself before saying something

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, noodle3872 said:

The failures I saw were a result of epoxy failing that holds the face in the frame and the carbon face delaminating. I never saw a single account of a golf ball blowing thru the face so I think TM are in pretty good shape overall. 

@Bdckactually put a hole the size of a golf ball in his and posted a pic in another thread.  Then again, he's 130+ss. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM Qi10 Tour 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

1 hour ago, Glassmen61 said:

i'm saying they literally get new clubs built for them every tournament. the stealth you see rory play one week isn't the same stealth you see him play the next. you cant extrapolate failure rates from the pga tour

Ok, so one my clients/friends who plays on the Mackenzie Tour plays the same Stealth every time he tees it up in a tournament.  He's OCD so he has 5 back ups as well, lol.  He hand picked them after hitting a ton of balls.  He told me unless the face cracks or the head fails, he won't go to his back ups. 

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM Qi10 Tour 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

3 hours ago, Glassmen61 said:

i'm saying they literally get new clubs built for them every tournament. the stealth you see rory play one week isn't the same stealth you see him play the next. you cant extrapolate failure rates from the pga tour

You have no idea what you’re talking about.  

1 hour ago, Glassmen61 said:

you must not follow pro golf much at all if you don't know common knowledge. They literally have a tour van full of guys working round the clock to build them clubs as they see fit. if you really think they play with a single driver for an entire full season then you should educate yourself before saying something

Yes the vans are there. 

Guess what. I’ve been in those vans multiple times during PGA events.  They are not building clubs round the clock.  They are making some small tweaks.  New grips installed. Slight grind change to wedges.  Double checking a loft or lie if a player wants it. 
Yes on occasion they may try a new club early in the week on the range.  But rarely put something new in play that was just built that week.  It happens.  But rarely and certainly not full sets. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

2 hours ago, Glassmen61 said:

You best go look at some of the PGA Tour WITB pics our man Greg takes throughout the year because you’re gonna see some beat up well played clubs in those bags.  Each OEM does have trailer, reps and builders on site but a weekly swap out ain’t happening. 

Edited by noodle3872
  • Like 4

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

2 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

You have no idea what you’re talking about.  

Yes the vans are there. 

Guess what. I’ve been in those vans multiple times during PGA events.  They are not building clubs round the clock.  They are making some small tweaks.  New grips installed. Slight grind change to wedges.  Double checking a loft or lie if a player wants it. 
Yes on occasion they may try a new club early in the week on the range.  But rarely put something new in play that was just built that week.  It happens.  But rarely and certainly not full sets. 

i have no idea if true, but i thought that they leave/have to leave once the tourney starts? or at some point they have to leave?.....maybe it was because they have to get to the next location but i remember hearing that they had to leave and play was still going on.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GriperRiper said:

i have no idea if true, but i thought that they leave/have to leave once the tourney starts? or at some point they have to leave?.....maybe it was because they have to get to the next location but i remember hearing that they had to leave and play was still going on.

Tour vans typically leave the Tuesday or Wednesday before the first round, so they can drive to the next stop. It’s rare to see one on property once the tournament rounds start.

And no, aside from wedges - which players change routinely to ensure fresh grooves, tour players do not get new clubs frequently.  In particular, tour players do NOT change out drivers and fairways once they find a specific head and shaft they like. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, HitBombs said:

As a former tour player (Mackenzie/Latin) and now coach to multiple KFT players. And being inside the ropes at 8 PGA tour events, over the last two years and knowing and meeting several tour players and building some great relationships. I can confidently say that this is just not true. Are there guys who change their equipment frequently? Absolutely. But once a player finds a head and shaft they like they typically stick to it until they find something else that beats it out of their bag. Just because a tour van builds the same driver to the exact same spec, doesn’t mean the player just will automatically switch to it, especially if they’re playing well.

my fiancé plays on the Epson tour and from her experience is the same. 

The voice of reason.  Thank you!

14 hours ago, Glassmen61 said:

Truly bananas.  They do have backup heads READY in the truck or on site in case of emergency...

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

24 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

24 Apex Pro 4 Iron

24 Callaway JDM X -Forged 5-PW  Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S ,54W, 58Z

Butter Putter

Chrome Tour X

31 minutes ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

The voice of reason.  Thank you!

Truly bananas.  They do have backup heads READY in the truck or on site in case of emergency...

Yes emergency,  like a CRACKED/DELAMINATED HEAD. A common issue with the stealth drivers, plain and simple. We the general public would never hear about this because of course TM isn't gonna disclose failed equipment. They have many backups for a reason. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

@Bdckactually put a hole the size of a golf ball in his and posted a pic in another thread.  Then again, he's 130+ss. 

I think I remember seeing that pic. Impressive for sure. But I have a feeling he’s seen multiple failures throughout the years with that kind of speed. 

I’m not saying that there hasn’t been issues mind you. I’ve seen A LOT of stealths in play this past season. My good friend has some lamination issues on his. Doesn’t seem to affect performance whatsoever. But it’s there. Told him to wait until January before making a warranty claim. May as well see if he can get a stealth2 as a replacement. Maybe they’ve addressed that lamination defect for this next iteration. 

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

32 minutes ago, BagofToast said:

How dense are you? The failure rate for the stealth is no higher than any other tm driver. 

If a stealth failed during a tournament we’d know, especially in the hands of a high profile player. 

And according to you pros get new irons every week which is simply ridiculous. JT has a older 5 wood he replaces every so often but we know damn well it’s not a new one every week. That thing has a cult following on here. 

Who said it fails during a tournament? The pros hit driver a handful of times in a round, compared to hundreds of times during practice. If anything the failure would appear during practice, at which point they go to their replacement.

and JT's 5 wood doesn't have a carbon face, does it? I'm specifically talking about the stealth driver here

Edited by Glassmen61
  • Confused 1

• GwrxMod changed the title to Taylormade Stealth 2……it’s happening?????? Black and Red