2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Electric Cart -Talk me into or out of a remote

RCGA

I understand the appeal of an electric cart. I play about 5 times a week on a hilly/lumpy course and would like a little more energy after the round (I currently have a push cart).

What I don't get is the appeal of a remote. Instead of enjoying the view, walk, etc. I'd constantly be eyeing and navigating the cart down the fairway and around obstacles; like a dog off leash. Seems fairly unenjoyable TBH. There's a "hands-free" component to it, but I still have to fiddle with a remote versus having one hand on the cart handle.

I've tried some members' remote setups and the typical up-down-left-right navigation buttons seem clunky and better suited for a joystick-style switch.

I'm really on the fence here. I know a lot of people with remote carts rave about them, but maybe they're playing on flatter, more straightforward course layouts? I guess I'm just not seeing the appeal in having a remote outside a few use cases.

Ping G430 Max 10.5* w/ GD Tour AD TP
TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 18* w/ GD Tour AD DI

Srixon ZX MkII 19* & 24* w/x100
Titleist T100s w/ PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 48-52-56-61 w/ PX 6.5

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Mil Spec  

2 minutes ago, Feelingofgreatness said:

A cart without a remote is a total waste of money in my opinion. 

Why?

Titleist T100s w/ PX 6.5

3B7F8316-C288-4669-83F9-484AC523A18D.jpeg.cd091beee6ad6574d5ada3028431525b.jpegI’ve played one round on a hilly course with my motorized cart and I decided to return it after that. Not once but three times did the thing topple backwards. Add to that the side to side motion that had me on edge the whole entire round. It felt like I was baby sitting my cart the whole round. I had the remote and still that was not a pleasant experience. If I were you, I would get an alphard and get a clic gear. Much more stable and with the remote that I use along with getting the two wheel adaptor in front, It was much more stable on a hilly course. Like others have said, you need a remote if you have a motorized electric cart. Mine has the tether feature but it just seems odd to me rather than maneuvering it with your hand held remote. Here is my cart now

• Like 1

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

I've been using a remote controlled cart for well over 6 years.  I've not once turned one over.  I had a "no longer made" cart that had a "tip wheel" in the back.  NO way to turn that over.   My current Stewart will not turn over either.  It has a skid piece on the back that does not allow it to tip over.  It's also has a wide enough wheel base that it can't tip over sideways either.

As to the OP.  The first few times you use a remote controlled cart you WILL pay lots of extra attention to it.  After a few rounds you'll understand that it does not require much attention at all.  I walk 9 holes, 4 miles, 3 days a week and my rechargeable remote shows a full charge.  I hardly ever touch it.  Mine does have a follow feature that does not require pushing any buttons.  I probably don't touch the buttons 10 times in a round.  The remote can be set to run at a specified pace that you set.  You push one button and just walk as it runs nearby.  It's going to run a long distance 150 to 200 yards before you need to do anything.  It's great to just "walk" the golf course.  No pushing, no carrying, no hand on a cart.  The cart is just moving along all by itself.  As you approach your ball you turn the cart toward you or the ball and stop it by the ball.  Repeat for 18 holes.   Remote carts are super easy to use.  And make walking golf very enjoyable.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

I don’t think you’d find the use of a remote to be nearly as intrusive on enjoying the walk as you think, and the adjustments you make, especially if the buggy has a gyroscope, quickly become second nature.  

You’re going to have your hand on something, whether it’s the handle or the remote, right?  Adding a remote to the package gives you options.  Not only is it really relaxing, physically and mentally, to walk down a fairway with just the remote in hand and the buggy a few yards ahead, but walking straight to the green while sending the buggy toward the next tee saves steps and time.

At my club, we’re asking not to bring punch carts and buggies between bunkers and the green, and on more than half the holes, I use the remote to send the buggy over to the side where the next tee is, and then to bring it to me as I’m leaving the green and heading to the next tee.  I play quite a few rounds where I’m the only one walking, and that option helps with pace of play.

Get a remote. I don’t think you’ll be sorry.

I don't think having the remote makes walking any easier than not having it, but if money isn't an issue, you can get one with a remote and have the option of running it in non remote mode.  But for anyone to say getting an electric without the remote is useless is nonsense.  That's like saying getting a self-propelled lawn mower is useless.  And I'll repeat, on flat fairways, I can walk along beside my cart without touching it for a good distance.

• Like 1

With the remote, your stride doesn't have to match up exactly with the speed of the cart either.  As the round progresses, you will walk quicker or slower, uphill or downhill, etc.  If you have to hand control the cart it will become a chore.  With the remote you are free to walk at whatever pace you want and from experience it does vary as the round goes on.  This is why I like the remote.  As mentioned earlier - it becomes 2nd nature.  

• Like 1

Ping G430 10K w/ Chrome Tour 2.0
Ping G430 3W  

Ping G410 3H, 4H

Ping i525 6-PW Project X IO
Cleveland CBX 2 48*
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56*
LAB Mezz Max 

Alphard V2 wheels

14 minutes ago, jordan2240 said:

Excellent post and reasonable decision.  But as for the Stewart, I've personally seen one malfunction, and you can certainly find stories on the internet about problems some have had. 

Oh I'm sure of it.  What I should have clarified is I didn't even explore Stewart's so I had no idea of their real or perceived reliability.  All I know is another site I can't mention on here rated them well in their annual electric cart buying guide.  

Not that I would be opposed to spending over $2k on a golf purchase.  But for the past year my golf spending has been out of control and I'm trying to reign that in a bit.

9 hours ago, jordan2240 said:

Excellent post and reasonable decision.  But as for the Stewart, I've personally seen one malfunction, and you can certainly find stories on the internet about problems some have had. 

Also I think I've read every single post you've made for the past 2 years.  I cannot tell you how helpful I found your experiences to be.  Even though I decided to go the remote route, you really made it a difficult decision.  

I really wanted something with controls on the handle and a remote.  If either the MC M7 had a gyro or MGI Nav was waterproof I probably would've bought one of those.  I think it was the M1 vs X3 (could've been X5, I've gone half crazy comparing everything over the past 2 weeks) that had the auto 30 ish yard advance.  That almost made me pull the trigger on the non remote because I do that now when I'm pushing.  Although unless there's a slight decline, I'm not pushing the cart 30 yards ahead of me but I'm sure you get the idea.  

6 hours ago, blazman11 said:

Also I think I've read every single post you've made for the past 2 years.  I cannot tell you how helpful I found your experiences to be.  Even though I decided to go the remote route, you really made it a difficult decision.  

I really wanted something with controls on the handle and a remote.  If either the MC M7 had a gyro or MGI Nav was waterproof I probably would've bought one of those.  I think it was the M1 vs X3 (could've been X5, I've gone half crazy comparing everything over the past 2 weeks) that had the auto 30 ish yard advance.  That almost made me pull the trigger on the non remote because I do that now when I'm pushing.  Although unless there's a slight decline, I'm not pushing the cart 30 yards ahead of me but I'm sure you get the idea.  

I played with a guy who had the Alphard and he was quite pleased with it.  Unless they've gotten a lemon, people seem to like whichever electric option they purchase.  They all make walking easier thus more enjoyable, so you can't really go wrong.  Welcome to the club.

• Like 1

So yesterday I played in the rain, and in order to keep both me and the clubs under the umbrella, I put away the remote, and just used the handle controls on my Zip Navigator.  It was still way, way easier than pushing, but I REALLY missed the remote.

Two ways in particular stood out.  One was the need to match my pace exactly to the cart instead of just…walking.  In a weird way, that’s even more true of an electric than a push, since there is a speed setting that you have to match.  Inconvenient and a little irritating, but not a huge deal.

The other was, at least to me, a much bigger deal, which was the need to be with the Zip to take it around the green toward the next tee.  I mentioned this in a previous post, but my club asks that carts NOT go between the bunkers and the green, and on at least half the holes sending the cart on around while I walk straight to the green saves a lot of steps and a lot of time.  

I would never say that not having a remote makes an electric useless, especially after a pretty brutal summer.  But the remote is a terrific addition, and well worth the money if the money is available.

I ended up buying the eWheels V2 

Reasons:

• I wanted downhill breaking and gyro. This pushed me into the MDI X5 (non-remote) price range (about $1,500 Canadian), and was quickly approaching the thought process of, if you're going to spend that much, you might as well buy the Navigator AT ($2,100)
  • I was worried about the handle height on some non-remote models. Most aren't adjustable and the ones I've seen at my club are quite short. 
  • Front what I gather, on non-remote models, the speed adjust dial are too sensitive. This would drive me nuts as my walking speed varies a lot on the course. Why all manufactures use a dial versus buttons (ideally presets) I don't understand.
  • I have a new Caddytek cart with swivel front wheel that would otherwise go unused and not worth enough to sell. 
  • The eWheels V2 was on sale for $1,000 Canadian shipped, same price as an MDI X1
  • And finally, it seems like everyone loves their remote. 

• Like 1

Titleist T100s w/ PX 6.5

1 hour ago, RCGA said:

Awesome!  We sort of shared the same thought process in looking over the options.  I also 100% agree with Jordan that no matter what you get you will be happy vs manually pushing a cart.   I had this same feeling come the 15th hole on Sunday after pushing the cart in the Florida heat.  

STEWART Q FOLLOW

Just walk and play golf....no more having to control it!

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 9* and 10.5*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

20 hours ago, blazman11 said:
  • But MGI isn't waterproof where Mottocaddy is.  Reading the boards that doesn't seem like a huge issue for MGI owners.  But if the manufacturer says hey, always keep towels and keep the motor as dry as possible (because their unit isn't sealed and water voids the warranty) that's a red flag if I'm looking to drop any amount of money on a luxury purchase for exclusive use outdoors in unpredictable weather.  

The solution to this is to buy the Zip AT from Costco so that you have the Costco return policy (aka warranty) if something ever goes wrong. 😄

Edited by SW20 MR2

Ping G425 Max 9*, Accra TZ6 55 M3
TM Sim 2 Ti 13.5*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
TM Sim 2 Max 18*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
Ping G425 3h, Tensei Orange R
TM P790 5-GW, Modus 105 R
Cleveland CBX 56*, wedge flex

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 60*, wedge flex
LAB Golf Mezz-1

I've used an MGI X1 cheapo non-remote for 50+ rounds this year. Can't imagine that a remote is worth an extra 900-1000$, since my X1 was $600. Its great, I take it through some pretty rough terrain at times.

• Like 2

Mizuno STZ Driver

Titleist TS3 3W

Titleist TS3 5W

Titleist TS2 21H

Mizuno JPX919HMP 5i-9i,PW

Vokey SM9 50.12F

Vokey SM8 56.12D (Bent to 54)

Vokey SM8 58.12D

Odyssey DFX #7

14 hours ago, bluedot said:

So yesterday I played in the rain, and in order to keep both me and the clubs under the umbrella, I put away the remote, and just used the handle controls on my Zip Navigator.  It was still way, way easier than pushing, but I REALLY missed the remote.

Two ways in particular stood out.  One was the need to match my pace exactly to the cart instead of just…walking.  In a weird way, that’s even more true of an electric than a push, since there is a speed setting that you have to match.  Inconvenient and a little irritating, but not a huge deal.

The other was, at least to me, a much bigger deal, which was the need to be with the Zip to take it around the green toward the next tee.  I mentioned this in a previous post, but my club asks that carts NOT go between the bunkers and the green, and on at least half the holes sending the cart on around while I walk straight to the green saves a lot of steps and a lot of time.  

I would never say that not having a remote makes an electric useless, especially after a pretty brutal summer.  But the remote is a terrific addition, and well worth the money if the money is available.

... I have had several remote carts in the last 25 years. My ex used my old Mottocaddy S1 without a remote and loved it. She is 5'6" and walking behind it was not an issue for her stride. At 6'1" it was always a problem for me and I paid much more attention to it than I do my ZIP with a remote. As others have said after getting used to it, you really don't pay any attention to it at all. Anymore than you pay attention to how you walk. But the Gyroscope is the game changer because once it starts on it's line, it does not deviate or wander right and left  like other remote carts I owned. 

... I have forgotten my remote when charging it 3 times in 5 years and it is a real PIA for the things you mentioned Bluedot. Right back to my stride being an issue and in the non remote mode, the gyroscope isn't engaged so it takes all my attention. I am so used to reaching in my back pocket for my remote without thinking that I still did it all the time with no remote there LOL. And like you positioning the cart to play a chip or bunker shot I would start walking to the next green and realize I had to go back and manually move it. After years of having it ready to go to the next hole it was just annoying. 

... It is also very easy to toggle between manual and remote as there are tricky walkways between greens and the next tee tee at my home course I have to guide it manually by pressing the button on the handle and then as soon as it is clear press the forward button on the remote and again after years of doing this, it is just second nature and something I don't have to think about. 

... I play 4-6 times a week and of course golf in Phoenix is year round, although I ride in the hottest summer months. So my ZIP is probably the most important equipment I own. At age 69 I am in good shape, work out but walking the course everyday has many more benefits than just keeping a low index. 

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

10 hours ago, thezinfan said:

I've used an MGI X1 cheapo non-remote for 50+ rounds this year. Can't imagine that a remote is worth an extra 900-1000$, since my X1 was $600. Its great, I take it through some pretty rough terrain at times.

10 hours ago, thezinfan said:

The remote is the biggest, but far from the only difference between the X1 and higher end MGI models.  The extra money isn’t only for a remote.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 9:10 AM, RCGA said:

Reasons:

• I wanted downhill breaking and gyro. This pushed me into the MDI X5 (non-remote) price range (about $1,500 Canadian), and was quickly approaching the thought process of, if you're going to spend that much, you might as well buy the Navigator AT ($2,100)
  • I was worried about the handle height on some non-remote models. Most aren't adjustable and the ones I've seen at my club are quite short. 
  • Front what I gather, on non-remote models, the speed adjust dial are too sensitive. This would drive me nuts as my walking speed varies a lot on the course. Why all manufactures use a dial versus buttons (ideally presets) I don't understand.
  • I have a new Caddytek cart with swivel front wheel that would otherwise go unused and not worth enough to sell. 
  • The eWheels V2 was on sale for $1,000 Canadian shipped, same price as an MDI X1
  • And finally, it seems like everyone loves their remote. 

Welcome to the Alphard family. I also have one. 

On 8/14/2022 at 7:27 PM, llewol007 said:

Mine has the tether feature but it just seems odd to me rather than maneuvering it with your hand held remote. Here is my cart now

Be sure to check for the FB group if you have FB - lots of tips and tricks, and "mods" that people have done to make a great product that much better, and also... great support from the community (I've contributed some - below)  🙂

One of the 1st "mods" are replacing the plastic wheels on the wheelie bars with skate wheels (bigger and roll better through multiple surfaces) and some people have experienced rattles with the OEM plastic ones, so it quiets them down.

Also, some (like myself) with the clicGear 3.5 that have done the swivel wheel conversion have modified the attachment to the cart and replaced the 2 screws with a single trailer pin right through the attachment assy and cart to make it easily removable (if you have a smallish trunk), and also replaced the screws in the sway/stabilizer bar attachment screws with a dowl/cotter pin setup (design issue where some screws back out). 

For the remote, I use an open top flip phone holder from amazon that goes on my right hip/belt that you'll never, ever feel in the swing. Helps from inadvertently hitting buttons if you had it in your pocket. (You can lock/unlock the remote if you wish, but that's extra button presses and no one has time for that!) One more hint/use... holding the center button (stop) on the remote will put the unit in freewheel mode where you can push it in tight spaces, through ropes, over walking bridges. Pressing any other button will reactivate the control with the remote. 

Lastly, stickers add horsepower (as the kids say - and I'm a 53 year old kid). 

About the TFS (tether follow system) - people are mixed in the use. Me, personally, I love it. Walking down the course off the tee, I have two hands free to converse with (yeah, sometimes I talk with my hands), eat, drink, score, drink, read Hogans 5 lessons, again, drink another shot, etc... no remote needed in hand. I usually only use the remote near the green to move the V2 towards the next green or around obstacles, or on some STEEP hills, guide the V2 with a hand on the unit (I'm talking about 50-60%+ grades here) while moving it forward with remote. Best thing I love about it? Walking with someone else pushing, they have the cart in front, we're talking side by side enjoying the day of zen and conversation, and my cart is 6-7 feet back. No awkwardness with our carts being too close, if you know what I mean, not that there's anything wrong with that! 😉 

PXL_20210430_192729039.jpg

PXL_20210521_135745698.jpg

PXL_20210725_150030722.jpg

PXL_20210725_150036831.jpg

Edited by Imp
  • Like 2

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

I got to use my Alphard V2 for the first time yesterday and I could not have been more pleased......

• Took 26 minutes to take off brackets / install new ones.
  • Less than 5 minutes to install wheelie bars.  
  • Tested it in the living room without the bag and promptly ran over a floor vase 🙂

Took it out in the front yard for additional testing / learning and it was great.  Paired with a Rovic R1S it was easy to control.  Tested the gyro functionality by driving it down a sidewalk.  The gyro definitely makes a difference.  Without the gyro the cart just goes wherever it wants - except on the sidewalk.  

My only disappointment was with the Rovic itself.  I think the cart absolutely sucks compared to my Clicgear 3.0 and wish I would've just bought the swivel conversion kit.  However I know if I bought the swivel conversion kit I would've wished I bought the Rovic cuz I'm never happy.

• No mesh handle storage net on the Rovic which I didn't realize pre-purchase.  I found a stroller mesh bag on Amazon for $12 that worked fine.  Has velcro straps that I used to attach to the handle. 
  • There are little push buttons to lock/unlock the main strut and front wheel.  I like the seemingly heavier duty latches on the Clicgear.
  • Rovic console is smaller than Clicgear and my Iphone 13 max doesn't fit completely in.  
  • The console has this annoying latch system.  I have already purchased magnets and plan on filing that latch off.
  • The handle area itself is much more cramped than the 3.0 when it comes to hanging accessories.  The umbrella holder on the bottom takes up a lot of real estate.  I have an extra accessory button that I'm debating where to put it.  there's really not enough room on the handle.  May attach it below the handle where there is about 3" worth of struts before it gets to the folding mechanism.
  • I would never, ever purchase the Rovic as a stand alone push cart.  The swivel wheel to me is a huge PITA when pushing manually.
  • With the E-wheels though, the cart performed flawlessly.  There are no big hills but I took this thing over ever side slope on the course, coming at it from different angles and there was never even a hint of the unit tipping.
  • About the only con when it came to on course performance was my 40oz Hydro Flask fell out of the XL Clicgear beverage holder twice.  Just from the cart rolling down the fairway at speed 3.  The subtle bounces allowed the HF to just fall through the beverage holder.  No biggie, I just put the HF in the front ball pocket of my bag.  
  • So glad I purchased a unit with a remote.  Really came in handy when I was on one side of the green and I could send the cart to the other side where the next tee box was.
  • A cool feature I didn't know existed was when the cart goes out of LOS with the remote, the cart stops.  Happened twice where the green was uphill and I was walking between greenside bunkers while sending my cart around the green and my cart just stopped when the topography made it so the remote I was holding was not in LOS with the cart.  Pretty neat feature although the first time it happened was a WTF moment.  
  • Was pleasantly surprised at build up / tear down time.  Which was one of the reasons I didn't want to buy this setup.  Seemed like it would be an aggravation I wouldn't want to deal with.  But I couldn't have been more wrong.  Took no time at all to setup and tear down.  Clamps came off easily.  Definitely takes up a lot of trunk space but I have an SUV so no big deal.  
  • Oh whoever designed the the silicon straps and bag retention of the Rovic needs to be fired.  What a PITA the silicon straps are.  Especially the bottom unit.  I used my Ping Hoofer Tour bag and had to fight with the thing to get it on the Rovic without having the stand deploy.  About 1,000 times more difficult to get a bag on the Rovic vs Clicgear 3.0

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I got the Alphard eWheels. It's amazing. The remote took about 5 minutes to master. Everything feels fresher; walking off hole 18 with a remote cart feels like walking off #9 with a push cart. 

Couldn't imagine not having a remote now.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Titleist T100s w/ PX 6.5

6 hours ago, RCGA said:

Update: I got the Alphard eWheels. It's amazing. The remote took about 5 minutes to master. Everything feels fresher; walking off hole 18 with a remote cart feels like walking off #9 with a push cart. 

Couldn't imagine not having a remote now.  

People are starting to figure that one out. One convert at a time. 😉

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

I have the alphard v2 and love it. I agree with most of the others, it’s probably the best golf investment I’ve made. I’ll add another reason in favor of the remote. I only use the remote because I want the cart out in front of me so I can keep an eye on it. I’ve had friends with the follow carts that have lost headcovers from them being behind and not knowing they fell off. A few months ago I was behind a group and one guy had a follow cart of some brand and for the first 3 holes he would start walking and after about 20 feet the cart would turn directly left and start going nuts. He eventually just had to push it the rest of the round. If it was behind me I would consistently be turning around to check on it so for me I would much rather it be out in front.

• Like 2

I bought a V1 used a couple months ago, and have really just started using it.   I love it too.  It is night and day different than a push cart.   I really enjoy the walking too.  

• Like 1

TM Sim 2 Max 9*

TM M1 3w

Ping Crossover 2 iron

Mizuno CLK 19* 

Callaway X-forged UT 21

Nike VR Pro Combo 5-9 iron

Vokey 46, 52, 58

Scotty Cameron x12

• 6 months later...
On 9/6/2022 at 8:42 PM, ericschlukebir said:

I bought a V1 used a couple months ago, and have really just started using it.   I love it too.  It is night and day different than a push cart.   I really enjoy the walking too.  

I also bought a used V1 that came with a Clicgear 3.5+ push cart for a steal at $350 two years ago!

The catch was I had to travel 700 miles round trip to get it. 

How's that for dedication to the sport?

Unfortunately, even after DIY V2 motherboard upgrade and swivel conversion kit (3 to 4 wheel conversion), I was still stuck with the lower capacity lithium battery. 

I play in golf leagues and having to push from hole # 16 after the battery power runs out was a nightmare as I have to keep pace with guys on golf carts while pushing a heavier cart!

Alphard support tried to help me with providing replacement batteries but it didn't work as it was the same capacity. 

After a season of using it that way, I finally decided to fix the problem myself and created a second battery port connector by drilling through the front side to allow a second external battery connection.

Almost short-circuited the whole thing reversing the polarity but I was eventually successful in making it work. Now, when I use up the internal battery, I simply plug-in the second (external) battery. 

So now I'm always confident that I will have enough battery power even if the course is hilly.

However, the only other time that 2 batteries (internal + external) were not enough was when I had to play a 27 hole tournament! I should have thought of bringing a second external battery. 😵💫

Edited by Golfbit2X

Lifetime winning percentage (golf league): 17% (5 out of 30 tournaments over 3 years)

Driver: Ping G410, 10.5° w/ stiff 46.25" shaft, JumboMax JMX Ultralite XL grip; modified CG weight

3 Wood: Callaway,  ST Max Fairway Wood, 15.0°, Stiff, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Graphite 43.25" shaft, JumboMax JMX Ultralite L grip

Utility Wood: Cleveland, 18.0°, Launcher Halo Hy-Wood 3+; 41.5" shaft length; modified CG weight

4 to 8 Irons: Callaway Rogue X 4 iron, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length; modified CG weight; 9 Iron: Callaway Rogue X 9 iron, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length

Pitching Wedge: Callaway Rogue, 44°, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length
Approach Wedge: Callaway Rogue, 49°, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length

Sand Wedge: Titleist, Vokey SM7, 56°
Lob Wedge: Taylor Made full face - raw finish, 60°; Putter: Tour Edge Wingman, modified pistol grip, armlock modified 41.5" extended shaft, added center weight.