New Srixon ZX7 MKII irons – 2022 Shriners Children's Open

6 hours ago, TTCarrera said:

Thanks for the above info on this website! I checked out the websites of the Australian golf superstores and I found/ordered my new ZX7 MkII irons with Modus pro 120 stiff shafts this morning from GolfBox there. Already have the DHL tracking number and they should be here to me in the Seattle area by Monday. The US dollar is very strong: $1.00US was $1.50AU this morning when I ordered. Even though shipping was $63US, I got a beautiful deal @ $138US  per iron all-in. And I'll have them next week.

I'm based in Perth , Western Australia- can't speak highly enough of GolfBox

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kavinsky said:

OG ZX7 PW had a very sharp toe in my eye, looking very upright despite being the right lie. 9 thru 4 looked amazing however.

For those of you who have seen ZX7 MKII in person, is the shape of the PW the same as OG ZX7 or is it more rounded and flows better with the rest of the set?

I agree with this and curious to the answer. Something with the PW just doesn’t look right to me and you describe it perfectly. 

Any pics of the ZX7 PW?

Srixon ZX5 LS 9.5* Hzrdus Gen 4 Black S

Sim 2 Titanium 15* Kura Kage Silver TiNi S 
Sim 2 Titanium 18* Kura Kage Silver Tini S
Srixon ZX 22* Graphite Design AD DI 75 S
Srixon ZX5 MkII, 5-6, C-Taper Lite S

Srixon ZX7 MkII, 7-PW, C-Taper Lite S
Cleveland RTX6 "Raw Tour Rack" 48*, 54*, 58* Dynamic Gold S400
Odyssey Eleven Tour Lined CS
Hdcp 2.1

Srixon Staff Member

seriously Srixon u are killing me, every time you put out new irons I want to buy them. But currently my combo set of zx5 and zx7 is absolutely the best irons i ever owned.

• Like 2

Driver- TITLEIST TSr2 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CLEVELAND RTX-6 50/54/58 Tour Spinner 
Putter- PING  PLD Ally Blue 4

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

old green logo.jpeg

• easyyy unfeatured this topic
On 12/7/2022 at 10:05 AM, Randgolf said:

Struggling to land on the ZX7 vs. the PXG 0317 ST blades... Deeply torn on this

From my journey of TCBs to ZX7s to i59s to t100 the 0311 ST Gen4 absolutely blew all of them out of the water. Have a buddy who has the 0317s, shorter blade length but performs the exact same. Join the PXG fan club ….”kaboooom”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I am in love with the new ZX7s. Cant get over how great they feel all the way through the long irons. Granted, it is December here in the Midwest and maybe I am in the honeymoon phase still, but I am insanely happy with these irons. Can see he benefit of the tungsten insert in the long irons. T100s immediately out of the bag. 

• Like 3

Srixon ZX5LS MKII 9.5 degree- Graphite Design Tour ADI 6

Srixon ZX5 MKII 15 degree- Graphite Design Tour ADI 6

Srixon ZX MKII 19 degree- Graphite Design Tour ADI 75

Srixon ZX7 MKII 4-PW- KBS Tour 120

Cleveland RTX 6 Tour Rack 52 degree, 56 degree, 60 degree- Dynamic TI Gold Spinner 115

Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Select

Srixon Z Star XV

2 hours ago, Tommyboi95 said:

From my journey of TCBs to ZX7s to i59s to t100 the 0311 ST Gen4 absolutely blew all of them out of the water. Have a buddy who has the 0317s, shorter blade length but performs the exact same. Join the PXG fan club ….”kaboooom”

Those are all very different irons. Glad you found something you like but what doesthis have to do at all with the new Zx7’s coming out? 

• Like 1
:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 Tour 3 Fairway 15.0D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7x) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

5 minutes ago, UnderPar18 said:

Those are all very different irons. Glad you found something you like but what doesthis have to do at all with the new Zx7’s coming out? 

Was just giving my personal insight and testing on the guy who was torn between the two irons 

15 minutes ago, sniper said:

Any demo heads out in the wild?  I know some club staffers are receiving their clubs as I type. 

Might call your local fitters. I called Golf MD here in KC and they already have the demo heads for fittings. I'm going to schedule soon to see how they compare to my 2 year old ZX7s. 

• Thanks 1

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

34 minutes ago, TTCarrera said:

So my new ZX7 MkII Irons (Modus3 120 shafts) arrived on Friday and on Saturday morning I had reserved an hour in my Club's indoor Trackman studio.

I'm 74 and current index is 8.2. Driver swing speed is 98 mph.

After warming up I hit about 35 balls with the 7-iron (using my preferred TP5x). I threw out the mishits and outliers and ended up with a pretty good sample of about 15 balls, good clean, pured shots.

I was pleased with the data. Ball speeds in the 98-101 mph range. Total distance in the 149-154 yards, spin was 3900-4100 and peak heights was in the 49-55 feet range. 

I then did the same with the P wedge. Distance was 111-117 with spin in the 7900-8100 range. All this data compared favorably with my current PXG Gen5 0311T irons. No drop off in data. Because, as some of you may know, hitting indoors is weird so I ignored making any observations on sound and feel.

I then went to the range and went through the whole set (5-W). We are just on mats this time of year in the Seattle area (mid-40's, overcast but no wind of rain) with pretty good quality Callaway range balls, not soft but not rocks, either.

Feel and sound are amazing. A soft, quiet click. Definitely soft and pure, feel is all in the hands. I don't know what effect the V sole has, but at least when hitting on mats it is very, very pleasant. Control seems to be very forgiving. When I knew I had a bad swing path/face angle combo I still looked up to see the ball curving only about 10 yards right-to-left. Ball flight is as expected with the Modus 120. Hard to say without taking them on the course yet, but the target green I routinely hit with the PXG 8-iron was easily reachable with the Srixon 9i.

I'm excited to play them on Wednesday, next available good weather day.

6CACF306-77DE-4A6F-BB1B-79DAF94DC46F_1_105_c.jpeg

So....they compare with the GEN5 T.  Are you changing just for a new look?  Why the change from the PXG irons?

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN6 Two Sets 0311XP, Double Black and Xtreme Dark, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

3 hours ago, BirdieBob said:

So....they compare with the GEN5 T.  Are you changing just for a new look?  Why the change from the PXG irons?

Two years ago I demo'd the then new ZX7 and new Callaway Apex Pros. I made a bad choice, for me, and immediately regretted getting the Apex. This was at the height of supply chain issues/Covid Golf Boom and so then getting the Srixons was impossible. So PXG, with 7-day delivery, was a good backup plan. I was happy with the fitting and the Gen4 Ts played well and then in April switched to Gen5. 

But was always planning to get the next ZX7s when they came out. 

When I learned that they were released in Australia, a post up above here led me to GolfBox.com in Perth. Stock shaft is the Pro Modus3 120, which both PXG studio fittings put me into and played beautifully for me, so I ordered them, sight unseen, last Tuesday and they were delivered by DHL from Australia on Friday. And it didn't hurt that GolfBox had $200Au off for their Christmas sale, the exchange rate that day was $.68US to $1.00Au, express shipping was only $68US and no import duty. So total cost was $833US, or $138 per club. 

The PXGs are great clubs and play quite well for me. But sound & feel is a bit "mechanical" to me and the Srixons, first impression, give more feedback. They feel like you are hitting a syrofoam cup filled with water. I'll play the new Srixons for 4-5 rounds before deciding which ones are my gamers. 

Edited by TTCarrera
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TTCarrera said:

So my new ZX7 MkII Irons (Modus3 120 shafts) arrived on Friday and on Saturday morning I had reserved an hour in my Club's indoor Trackman studio.

I'm 74 and current index is 8.2. Driver swing speed is 98 mph.

After warming up I hit about 35 balls with the 7-iron (using my preferred TP5x). I threw out the mishits and outliers and ended up with a pretty good sample of about 15 balls, good clean, pured shots.

I was pleased with the data. Ball speeds in the 98-101 mph range. Total distance in the 149-154 yards, spin was 3900-4100 and peak heights was in the 49-55 feet range. 

I then did the same with the P wedge. Distance was 111-117 with spin in the 7900-8100 range. All this data compared favorably with my current PXG Gen5 0311T irons. No drop off in data. Because, as some of you may know, hitting indoors is weird so I ignored making any observations on sound and feel.

I then went to the range and went through the whole set (5-W). We are just on mats this time of year in the Seattle area (mid-40's, overcast but no wind of rain) with pretty good quality Callaway range balls, not soft but not rocks, either.

Feel and sound are amazing. A soft, quiet click. Definitely soft and pure, feel is all in the hands. I don't know what effect the V sole has, but at least when hitting on mats it is very, very pleasant. Control seems to be very forgiving. When I knew I had a bad swing path/face angle combo I still looked up to see the ball curving only about 10 yards right-to-left. Ball flight is as expected with the Modus 120. Hard to say without taking them on the course yet, but the target green I routinely hit with the PXG 8-iron was easily reachable with the Srixon 9i.

I'm excited to play them on Wednesday, next available good weather day.

/cdn-cgi/mirage/36819eab8ac6f694329d602eee37f94f52f48745d01ae50f242be39caaa21f1c/1280/cdn-cgi/mirage/36819eab8ac6f694329d602eee37f94f52f48745d01ae50f242be39caaa21f1c/1280/https://wrxcdn.golfwrx.com/uploads/monthly_2022_12/6CACF306-77DE-4A6F-BB1B-79DAF94DC46F_1_105_c.jpeg.c63294601b82309d7bd70f3dc60d9cff.jpeg

Thanks for the insights. Man those things look gorgeous in the bag!

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

@TTCarrera

I get along better with ZX5 than I do ZX7, but since toplines are so similar, I'll ask you this question...

I love everything about the ZX irons, except one thing:  the squareness of the topline.  Is this MKII version any softer/rounder on the topline than version 1?

TSR2 8.0 / Tour AD CQ 6S

TSR2 16.5 / Ventus TR Red 7X

Epic Max 18 / MMT 70X 

U505 22 / HZRDUS RDX 6.0 80Hy

Artisan HC 6-P / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Artisan 49, 54, 59 / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Revolving Putter

51 minutes ago, Arlin964 said:

@TTCarrera

I get along better with ZX5 than I do ZX7, but since toplines are so similar, I'll ask you this question...

I love everything about the ZX irons, except one thing:  the squareness of the topline.  Is this MKII version any softer/rounder on the topline than version 1?

I've read above of others with that concern. But frankly, I didn't notice or even think to look. I will when I get home........... no, actually, I won't. I don't even want to think about this. At address I just look at the contact point on the ball. 

Edited by TTCarrera
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Received my zx5s this week. Can’t wait to put them in play. Oh and the LS zx5 driver is 🔥🔥🔥.

5C701978-4445-4368-956F-84BE429AC8DA.jpeg.6d2ffe52231cb65a865cd41a02f63b37.jpeg

• Like 1

Srixon ZX5 MKII 8.5* LS Ventus Black 7 X

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 13* Ventus Black 8 X

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 18* Ventus Black 8 X

Srixon ZX5 MKII 3 - 7 ZX7 8-P DG X100 Tour Issue

Cleveland RTX 6 Zip Core Tour Rack 56 Full & 60 Full

Odyssey OG WH Nano 7 

Srixon Z Star XV

On 11/18/2022 at 11:43 AM, golffeen007 said:

I'm neutral to steep AOA and I feel the same way. I loved the way my ZX7's forging felt , but I could always feel that V Camber getting through the turf a little more difficult. On half and 3/4 shots and harder surfaces it really showed,  sometimes hitting a groove or so low. 

If the V sole was a little more mellowed out , It'd work better for me. 

I check the witbs regularly and have noticed a few pros (can't remember who) play them with the v sole ground off. Certainly not recommending that, but custom grinds on iron heads, instead of just wedges, are always cool if you don't mind looking at a chrome iron with a rusty sole

g400 10.5 - D+ limited 60tx tip 1

915f 16.5 - S+ limited 70tx tip 1.5

915f 21 - S+ limited 80tx tip 2

s55 4-9 - x100

glide 2.0 46,52,56,60 - s400

Scotty Cameron Teryllium Newport 2 '97

Really intrigued with this set. Thinking of ordering a set from GolfBox. 

I play to a 6. Any issues with forgiveness of the new MKii zx7? I always feel the blade length is longer than normal so that should help. 

wouldn’t play a 4 iron as I use a utility iron. 

just trying to go back and forth between the zx5 and zx7? The 7s are available right now as the 5s are not in a stiff flex. 

I’ve read that feel is improved from first Gen which is impressive to say the least. 

Can’t speak to Mk II but I play off 5 and have the original ZX7 in my bag.

Also no 4 iron as I use the Srixon driving iron in 23 degrees as my 4.

I don’t think there’s much in it forgiveness wise. I thinks it’s more a case of making sure you are getting the proper launch, spin and descent angle. I’ve been lucky enough to spend time with a fitter dialling in all my gaps. He said for me the 5 iron was borderline as it only had 9 metres carry distance more than the 6 iron. To that extent he said the ZX5 might be an option, but I can’t say I’ve ever had a circumstance on the course where I wished I had the ZX5.

ZX7 will also work better with most existing wedge setups. 46 PW goes well with 50/54/58 combo

TaylorMade Qi10 10.5* 
Callaway BB Alpha 816 16*
Srixon Z H45 Hybrid 19* 
Srixon ZX Utility 23*
Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-AW

Callaway Jaws Raw Black 54 & 58
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black
Bridgestone Tour RX