2023 Ping bags

2 hours ago, mstuewe said:

Weighing in at only 9% lighter than the hoofer, what is the purpose of the hoofer Lite?  Is it a different pocket design or material?  I would’ve hoped for a more dramatic weight reduction.

Some of us want a slimmer/sleeker bag with less pockets.  It does carry better for me.  Love my Hoofer Lite, and wouldn't consider getting a Hoofer as it's overkill for my needs.

• Like 2

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

17 hours ago, StudentGolfer4 said:

Can’t speak specifically to the 2023 model but when caddying it is preferred to carry a bag with a lift handle. I use it almost every time I set a golf bag down. If a bag doesn’t have one I still grab the same spot on the bag to do this. It just isn’t as secure or comfortable. Lift handle would be a pro, but it’s definitely not a deal breaker to me. 

If you’re riding it wouldn’t make much difference at all. 

There is a lift handle underneath the new pocket, built into the underside. Different style as it is a horizontal handle, compared to the traditional vertical one all the other bags have. I find mine just as good as the OG handle for in and out of cart/trunk or lugging around. I love the added pocket too. Perfect for my adjustable tool or rangefinder. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FletchJoy said:

There is a lift handle underneath the new pocket, built into the underside. Different style as it is a horizontal handle, compared to the traditional vertical one all the other bags have. I find mine just as good as the OG handle for in and out of cart/trunk or lugging around. I love the added pocket too. Perfect for my adjustable tool or rangefinder. 

Any chance you have used the 14 on a push cart? How does it fit and do the clubs tangle? 

Looks like a very nice bag, still undecided which color I like best 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2023 at 8:48 AM, brew4eagle said:

Some of us want a slimmer/sleeker bag with less pockets.  It does carry better for me.  Love my Hoofer Lite, and wouldn't consider getting a Hoofer as it's overkill for my needs.

There are some perks for the hoofer, I don't want to carry as much nowadays and use my push cart. Why carry which has been proven to not be good for shoulders when you can use a push cart? Hoofer will fit better on a push cart than a hoofer lite, lite tend to roll more since it's thinner. Hoofer will also have a bit more base room for to reduce club tangle. I'm still undecided on which I will get when I pick one up.

4 hours ago, MK7Golf21 said:

There are some perks for the hoofer, I don't want to carry as much nowadays and use my push cart. Why carry which has been proven to not be good for shoulders when you can use a push cart? Hoofer will fit better on a push cart than a hoofer lite, lite tend to roll more since it's thinner. Hoofer will also have a bit more base room for to reduce club tangle. I'm still undecided on which I will get when I pick one up.

I used my Hoofer on my ClicGear and there was plenty of twist. Aggrevating, actually. Club tangle is still a big issue with the Hoofers, especially on a pushcart given that one can't stand it upright to untwist the interlocking grips. I certainly wouldn't choose the Hoofer over the HL because one uses a pushcart. 

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

2 minutes ago, Big Dozer said:

All the love going to Canada with the "Hoofer Lite Canada"

https://ca.ping.com/en-ca/shop/bags/carry-bags/hoofer-lite-canada

Man.  This is the white camo I've been looking for.  Not a huge fan of what they are calling the alpine.  Hope that is an option in some way for us in the states down the road. 

Anyone receive an email from Ping regarding the availability of Japanese bags? Interesting. 

https://ping.com/en-us/shop/products?category=onlineexclusives&collection=PINGJapanExclusives&utm_source=2023-06-30_podcast-eblast&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ping-proving-grounds-podcast

spacer.png

cb-n2301_mr-ping-aloha-white_green_01_mo

Edited by Argonne69

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

On 7/6/2023 at 1:37 PM, Big Dozer said:

Ya right. Wish they would offer the same option in the US. Not sure why they choose not to do so, but one can hope...

That is just the black camo material, they offer it as an option in the custom department. Believe it takes a few months and need to order at least 3 bags in same custom design. I'd rather design my own than buy a bag with a huge American or Canadian flag theme.

I agree though, some of the camo materials I've seen on college bags are the coolest ones. Like OSU orange camo etc. 

Edited by MK7Golf21
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

I got that too.

Might be interesting but not for me at those prices -  no thanks.

I just want a decent solid color Pioneer cart bag for cryin' out loud.

And not black or navy or some other dark color that's gonna turn purple in six months or white that's gonna be filthy brown in the same amount of time!

Four years ago I got one in a solid silver/gray with navy and red trim that was perfect but it's wearing out.  

Ain't seen nothing close since.

That same year my brother got a sorta medium bright blue with red trim that's really nice, doesn't show dirt and has held it's color great.

It's not that hard Ping!

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

On 7/5/2023 at 2:01 PM, Argonne69 said:

I used my Hoofer on my ClicGear and there was plenty of twist. Aggrevating, actually. Club tangle is still a big issue with the Hoofers, especially on a pushcart given that one can't stand it upright to untwist the interlocking grips. I certainly wouldn't choose the Hoofer over the HL because one uses a pushcart. 

I can't speak to the '23 bags, but both my '19 Hoofer and '21 Hoofer Lite twist like crazy on my ClicGear 4.  I purchased the stand bag pads that go around the top and it solved over 95% of the problems.  Very, very minimal twisting now.

Ping G430 MAX 10K 9*, Ventus TR Blue 6X
Ping G430 MAX 3W 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X
Ping G430 MAX 7W 21*, Ventus TR Blue 8X 

Ping G430 4H, Ventus HB Blue 9X

Ping Blueprint S, 5-PW DG 120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50F, 54S, 58M

Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

Ping Hoofer Lite

I think some of the new Japan bags are cool, but I am dubious on a stand bag that weighs 8 lbs when you can get bags now that weigh almost half of that. The one pocket thing is nice, but then I also think about how much nonsense I already have in my bag and whether or not I'd be able to squeeze that down. Looks great though. 

Kind of a bummer that the white/black tour-esque stand bag pictured a few posts above wasn't listed, I love the look of that one the most.

Got my Hoofer Lite Tour today. Looks sharp, and the girth is definitely slimmer, but it doesn't feel any lighter than my old Hoofer. I'll put it through its paces for the first time tomorrow. Not sure if I'm going to like the 5 way design vs. the 6 way with the putter sharing the top slot with 4 woods. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Argonne69
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

Got my Hoofer Lite Tour today. Looks sharp, and the girth is definitely slimmer, but it doesn't feel any lighter than my old Hoofer. I'll put it through its paces for the first time tomorrow. Not sure if I'm going to like the 5 way design vs. the 6 way with the putter sharing the top slot with 4 woods. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

That’s the one I’ve been considering. I look forward to hearing more of your thoughts and feedback. 

• Like 1

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

First round with the Hoofer Lite Tour was a pleasant surprise. 

It wasn't feather light, but it actually felt a wee bit lighter than my old Hoofer. The reduced diameter felt good. Plenty of room in the side pocket for my 40 ounce water bottle, allowing me to use an 18 ounce bottle in the outside pocket. 

I don’t miss the magnet pocket. The zipper works fine, but not as convenient as the magnetic closure. 

It was surprisingly free of club tangle, especially in the bottom section where I keep my wedges. Not sure if it's a redesigned leg mechanism, or the new bottom, but it was fairly easy to get the wedges in and out. 

The upper section wasn't bad with my putter and four woods with medium and jumbo grips. Much better than the old Hoofer. The two center sections had minor tangle issues. Curious if the bottom is the big contributor. 

I don't think the shoulder straps were as comfortable as the Hoofer. Seemed a little narrower. I'm going to have to play around with the length of them. 

On the downside the material is not the same as the Hoofer Tour. Seems to be the same as a standard Hoofer. I have a feeling that the white nylon is going to get dirty quite quickly. 

Overall I was very pleased. I'm going to stick a pair of safety pins in each of the straps to take some of the stress off of the plastic buckles. I broke the buckles on two Hoofers within a matter of two weeks, and but adding safety pins seemed to work. 

Edited by Argonne69
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Argonne69 said:

It wasn't feather light, but it actually felt a wee bit lighter than my old Hoofer. The reduced diameter felt good. Plenty of room in the side pocket for my 40 ounce water bottle, allowing me to use an 18 ounce bottle in the outside pocket. 

I don’t miss the magnet pocket. The zipper works fine, but not as convenient as the magnetic closure. 

It was surprisingly free of club tangle, especially in the bottom section where I keep my wedges. Not sure if it's a redesigned leg mechanism, or the new bottom, but it was fairly easy to get the wedges in and out. 

The upper section wasn't bad with my putter and four woods with medium and jumbo grips. Much better than the old Hoofer. The two center sections had minor tangle issues. Curious if the bottom is the big contributor. 

I don't think the shoulder straps were as comfortable as the Hoofer. Seemed a little narrower. I'm going to have to play around with the length of them. 

On the downside the material is not the same as the Hoofer Tour. Seems to be the same as a standard Hoofer. I have a feeling that the white nylon is going to get dirty quite quickly. 

Overall I was very pleased. I'm going to stick a pair of safety pins in each of the straps to take some of the stress off of the plastic buckles. I broke the buckles on two Hoofers within a matter of time weeks, and but adding safety pins seemed to work. 

Bummer it's not the same material as the Hoofer Tour. I find the "Pleather" on my Hoofer Tour so much easier to keep clean than the nylon or canvas of my Hoofer lite. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

Overall I was very pleased. I'm going to stick a pair of safety pins in each of the straps to take some of the stress off of the plastic buckles. I broke the buckles on two Hoofers within a matter of time weeks, and but adding safety pins seemed to work. 

Would you mind posting a pic of how you have the safety pins rigged up...or sending me a PM? Im curious about trying it as well, I had two Hoofer Lites that I had bought off 2nd Swing Golf cause they were one off color schemes and both bags within a month of use the buckles broke on the straps so carrying the bag comfortably became impossible. 25yrs of using Hoofer bags and never had this problem and then 3 buckles total break in the period of a few months just from picking up the bag. I also got the Hoofer Lite Tour

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Ventus Blue TR 6X

3 Wood: AI Smoke Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Blue+ 7X

5 Wood: Titleist TSi2 18* w/Aldila Rogue White 130 80 TX

Irons: Titleist T-200 3 iron w/Ventus Black 9TX

Titleist T-150 4-6 w/Project X 6.5

Titleist T-100S 7-PW w/Project X 6.5

Wedges: SM10 Raw 52F & SM10 58T grind w/Project X 6.0

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Never far away: Custom Slighter Tacoma

5 minutes ago, adam2883 said:

Would you mind posting a pic of how you have the safety pins rigged up...or sending me a PM? Im curious about trying it as well, I had two Hoofer Lites that I had bought off 2nd Swing Golf cause they were one off color schemes and both bags within a month of use the buckles broke on the straps so carrying the bag comfortably became impossible. 25yrs of using Hoofer bags and never had this problem and then 3 buckles total break in the period of a few months just from picking up the bag. I also got the Hoofer Lite Tour

Two safety pins through both straps near the plastic crossover. Helps take the strain off the buckle. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

Overall I was very pleased. I'm going to stick a pair of safety pins in each of the straps to take some of the stress off of the plastic buckles. I broke the buckles on two Hoofers within a matter of two weeks, and but adding safety pins seemed to work. 

Hey Arg, on the HL do the strap clips squeak when you carry? They do on my new regular Hoofer and it's a bit irritating. Thanks man!

Just now, islesmb said:

Hey Arg, on the HL do the strap clips squeak when you carry? They do on my new regular Hoofer and it's a bit irritating. Thanks man!

I've heard a little bit of squeaking, but the club chatter generally drowns it out. Click, Click. Click. Don't want to be the guy who uses iron covers. Lol.

Three rounds with the new bag, and it's ready showing the dirt. Definitely not the color scheme you want if you like a squeeky clean bag. 

spacer.png

Speaking of squeeky, I guess I didn't notice before how much noise it makes when walking with it. Squeek. Squeek. Squeek. Lol. 

1 hour ago, Argonne69 said:

Three rounds with the new bag, and it's ready showing the dirt. Definitely not the color scheme you want if you like a squeeky clean bag. 

spacer.png

Speaking of squeeky, I guess I didn't notice before how much noise it makes when walking with it. Squeek. Squeek. Squeek. Lol. 

Sorry I brought the squeaky thing to your attention, It drives me nuts lol

• Haha 1

Sorry if this has been discussed but is the broken buckle issue a known problem with the Ping bags? I always carry and I’ve owned just about every brand of stand bag made and I always come back to the Hoofer Lite. I also had two buckles break on a one off color I got from 2nd Swing.  I assumed it was just a fluke and replaced the bag with the new Royal Blue/White Hoofer Lite. I didn’t think I’d have to do anything special to keep the buckles from

breaking. Now I’m not so sure. This pic is where the buckles broke on my last bag. Thanks. 

IMG_2971.jpeg

• Sad 1