adidas Golf 2023

Holein8

2 hours ago, areksoo25 said:

Yeah, it was only in the heel and if you take out the insole, you can see that it's a very tiny, thin amount of Boost under the heel.  The comfort was really coming from the insole that had a thick wedge of foam.

I personally hate Lightstrike.  It's just TPU and pretty hard.  Lightstrike Pro is TPEE.  TPEE is similar, but not as soft as PEBA (like Nike Zoom X or Asics FFTurbo) in running shoes. These could be comfortable... assuming they use more than a tiny bit in the heel like the Boost version.

So you're saying that the new version will be firmer / not as comfortable as the previous version due to small amount of boost being removed and the Lightstrike/Pro being firmer than what was there before?

6 minutes ago, golfday said:

So you're saying that the new version will be firmer / not as comfortable as the previous version due to small amount of boost being removed and the Lightstrike/Pro being firmer than what was there before?

I think it will be virtually unnoticeable, given the small amount of Boost in the ZG21, and Lightstrike Pro is a boost-like material.

• Like 2

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

4 minutes ago, golfday said:

The boost wasn't providing much comfort. They put a small amount in shoe so marketing could use to push sales. I really don't believe it will matter. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, golfday said:

I'm just stating what the materials are... how Adidas puts the shoe together will make a huge difference in how soft/hard the shoes end up being. For example amount of Boost under foot is actually identical between the Ultraboost 19/20 and the UltraBoost 21/22.  But the UltraBoost 21/22 has more Boost around the sides of the shoe.  This actually made the shoes firmer.

Also comfort is different for everyone.  Some find the more soft a shoe is the more comfortable, others like a firm shoe.  

1 minute ago, dwboston said:

I think it will be virtually unnoticeable, given the small amount of Boost in the ZG21, and Lightstrike Pro is a boost-like material.

It could very well be... they mention the insole again in the description:  

• INSITE® sockliner

Could be the same insole?  Could be a different insole from the same company?  Who knows?  If it is the same, then I doubt there will be any difference as well.

• Thanks 1

I've been wearing Adidas golf shoes for many years and really liked their boost offerings and even the ZG21 shoes as well.  But some of their newer offerings, including the Tour 360 '22, are pretty awful looking (and don't have removable spikes either).  Their golf shoes are the most comfortable for me, and feel snug which is what you want with a narrower foot, but wish they would tone down the 'style' a bit. Plus their use of fabric in their shoes versus leather is not as supportive and that's why the Tour 360s were so popular - they should rethink their offerings possibly.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I got a pair of the ZG23 delivered today.  Just as light and comfortable as the ZG21 (still have 2 pair of ZG21 new in box and wore side by side to compare).  I was able to size down half a size (12.5 from 13) with these.  I think they're overpriced, but they appear to be the flagship Tour shoes for 2023.  I'll post a few pics later tonight.

ZG23

PXL_20230308_185143809.jpg.fd9e653b98c267e3d78eb94a0abaf0d3.jpgPXL_20230308_185156963.jpg.22e5a456cf2183fc68312f0612c881f5.jpgPXL_20230308_185207674.jpg.276060157fe235528aa42b81eb3d53d1.jpgPXL_20230308_185435740.jpg.c332a76dddd758497e8dcd4853d40e0f.jpg

• Like 3

Had my pair of the ZG23 for about a month now. Great shoe, stable, the materials are definitely upgraded and tons of grip. Throw on pretty stylish, I cant complain. Worth trying out. 

• Like 1
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]WITB[/b][/font][/size]
[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size=3]TBD[/size][/font]

Had a chance to try on the 23’s today and gotta say I was pleasantly surprised.  I liked the 21’s, but they felt a bit “disjointed” to me underfoot.  To me, they felt more cushioned under the heel and firmer in the forefoot.  These, again to me, feel more evenly cushioned from heel to toe in a good way, yet still retaining good stability.

Codechaos 21 is my favorite shoes of all time but I don't know what to replace it with from this lineup. Thinking Adicross Lo Boost but wish there were different color choices.

Driver: TSi3 8* Tour Green 75 TX

4 wood: Callaway Apex UW 17* Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Irons: 4-PW 716 AP2 X100
Wedges: Mizuno T22 Copper 51, 56, 61 TI S400
Putter: Odyssey Jailbird 380 MH

Just got my zg23s and so far very impressed with first try on.  More cushion and comfort and heel issues seem to be much improved.  Heel lock is better and the entire padding in the area seem to be much more and softer.  I can’t imagine the cushion wearing as quickly as the zg21

TM Stealth 9 degrees, Ventus Blue TR 6x

TM Stealth plus 3 wood 15 degrees, Ventus Blue TR 6x

TM Sim2 TI 5 wood, 18 degrees 

Callaway UW '21, 21 degrees

TM P7MC 2023, 4-pw, fujikura axiom 125x

Srixon RTX 6 - 52,56,60 

Odyssey White Hot OG 1 Wide, KBS graphite putter shaft

5 hours ago, JLP_GOLF said:

Just got my zg23s and so far very impressed with first try on.  More cushion and comfort and heel issues seem to be much improved.  Heel lock is better and the entire padding in the area seem to be much more and softer.  I can’t imagine the cushion wearing as quickly as the zg21

ZG21 cushion wears out quickly? I just picked up a pair from PGATSS. They feel great so far 

39 minutes ago, rbark11 said:

ZG21 cushion wears out quickly? I just picked up a pair from PGATSS. They feel great so far 

The underfoot cushioning didn't have major issues for me. They may lose cushioning faster than average, but I wouldn't say that the underfoot cushioning is far outside the norm for durability.

It's the cushioning / cloth at the back of the heel frayed and wore out relatively quickly. They still feel fine to wear and look ok when on foot (maybe with then socks they wouldn't), but if you take them they look bad bc you can see the worn cloth inside.

1 hour ago, golfday said:

t's the cushioning / cloth at the back of the heel frayed and wore out relatively quickly. They still feel fine to wear and look ok when on foot (maybe with then socks they wouldn't), but if you take them they look bad bc you can see the worn cloth inside.

This is exactly right.  The cushioned material on the inner part of the heel wears reasonably quickly, revealing a hard plastic base behind it.  My only complaint with the ZG21.  Otherwise a really comfortable, lightweight, and stable shoe.

3 hours ago, dwboston said:

This is exactly right.  The cushioned material on the inner part of the heel wears reasonably quickly, revealing a hard plastic base behind it.  My only complaint with the ZG21.  Otherwise a really comfortable, lightweight, and stable shoe.

Yes!  Otherwise a great shoe but as soon as the plastic gets exposed, not much you can do to avoid blisters/discomfort.  The 23 seems better but time will tell.  Heel lock definitely feels better

TM Stealth 9 degrees, Ventus Blue TR 6x

TM Stealth plus 3 wood 15 degrees, Ventus Blue TR 6x

TM Sim2 TI 5 wood, 18 degrees 

Callaway UW '21, 21 degrees

TM P7MC 2023, 4-pw, fujikura axiom 125x

Srixon RTX 6 - 52,56,60 

Odyssey White Hot OG 1 Wide, KBS graphite putter shaft

On 3/20/2023 at 9:42 PM, DrDon said:

Love the CodeChaos 2000 model.

My CodeChaos 21 models leak like a sieve.   Feet are soaking wet even in dewy conditions.

Any reports on the CC22 models with regard to being waterproof?

I play in the UK and play on a clay based course that can get a tad muddy… rain, snow, sleet, sitting water… probably 50 rounds in from Aug last year and no issues with waterproofing or grip from my CC22’s! Only issue that most have is the coin shaped heal rub hole but that was an easy fix with some heal protectors from Amazon. Fit is also so much better than the 21’s 

Edited by 3fiddyz
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, FuzzyKnuckles said:

Adidas is running a massive sale online, was going to buy some shorts, but in the Ultimate 365 shorts, why are some labeled "core" and others not?

no sale in Canada 😭

Driver - Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 8° w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood - Ping G425 14.5° w/ Fujikura Ventus Black 7X

Hybrid - Ping G425 17° w/ Accra TZ SIX 85H M5

Hybrid - Ping G430 20.5° w/ Accra TZ6 Proto 85H M5

5 Iron - Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal Pro w/ Nippon Modus 120S

6-GW - Mizuno JPX 923 Forged w/ Nippon Modus 120S

Sand Wedge - Callaway JAWS Full Toe Raw Black 53° w/ Nippon Modus 125

Lob Wedge - Callaway JAWS Full Toe Raw Black 58° w/ BGT ZNE 130

Putter - Odyssey Ai-One Double Wide DB 32.5" w/ Garsen Max Grip

Ball - Callaway Chrome Tour Triple Track

29 minutes ago, KhiloD said:

no sale in Canada 😭

Adidas has nothing but sales.   There are 40%-50% off sales happening at Adidas Canada almost all the time.  Not much in terms of golf stuff right now, but it's just a waiting game.  

Much of my shirts, shorts and pants (and some shoes) are from Adidas.  I wait for them to go in the outlet section and then qualify for whatever sale is on to stack the savings.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/2/2023 at 9:50 AM, RobDMB said:

Also wondering if there will be a 23 CodeChaos. Torn between the CodeChaos and the ZG23.

Just my observation, but I think Adidas renamed the CodeChaos to the Adicross.  It has the same midsole as the CodeChaos 22. 

Even if they release a CodeChaos 23, I guessing it'll use the same midsole as the 22, but a different looking upper.  Adidas has a track record of using the same midsole for 2 years.  This is somewhat standard with many companies, like Nike and their Pegasus running shoe.  They did this with the first CodeChaos (2020) and CodeChaos 21.  Then redesign midsole for CodeChaos 22.  Same with ZG21 in 2021 where they just released more CWs in 2022.  Then ZG23 gets a redesign midsole.