adidas Golf 2023

Holein8

How waterpoorf are the Adicross Lo? I noticed it says water resistant in the description but then in the highlights it also uses the term waterprooof.

Taylormade M3 8.5* Driver
Callaway Apex 20* Hybrid
Taylormade UDI 2-Iron
Taylormade P760 4-AW w/ PX 6.5
Cleveland RTX-3 55*/60*
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mil-Spec

21 hours ago, scott406 said:

ZG23

Great traction and the heel is so much more stable

Just got these this week, will be taking them out for the first time today.

• Like 1

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Some retro silhouettes from Adidas:

Stan Smiths are back.  Looks basically the same as years past.

Stan_Smith_Golf_Shoes_Grey_ID9296_04_sta

Stan_Smith_Golf_Shoes_Grey_ID9296_03_sta

Sambas are fairly popular right now for casual wear.  The soles are spikeless, but raised like the Stan Smiths.  One thing that I hate about Sambas is the tall tongue.

Samba_Golf_Shoes_Grey_ID9297_04_standard

Samba_Golf_Shoes_Grey_ID9297_03_standard

Superstar (aka shell toes).  Interesting to see they made these with spikes.  I might consider these if the right colorway comes out.

Superstar_Golf_Shoes_Grey_ID9298_04_stanSuperstar_Golf_Shoes_Grey_ID9298_03_stan

On 5/5/2023 at 7:57 AM, dcmidnight said:

Just got these this week, will be taking them out for the first time today.

Just to follow up - this is one of the most comfortable shoes I can remember walking in. I have had - and still have a pair - of the ProSLs for the last few seasons. These are even more comfortable and just have more grip for me than the ProSLs.

10/10 so far.

• Like 2

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

On 5/10/2023 at 5:42 PM, areksoo25 said:

Sambas are fairly popular right now for casual wear.  The soles are spikeless, but raised like the Stan Smiths.  One thing that I hate about Sambas is the tall tongue.

Superstar (aka shell toes).  Interesting to see they made these with spikes.  I might consider these if the right colorway comes out.

Superstar_Golf_Shoes_Grey_ID9298_04_stanSuperstar_Golf_Shoes_Grey_ID9298_03_stan

How is the toe box on the Stan Smith’s?  The Samba’s look narrow or I would try those. 

drn92

On 5/10/2023 at 4:42 PM, areksoo25 said:

I can dig the Stan Smith, but that doesn't look like a proper Samba. I'll leave the Superstars to Run DMC. 

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

I have to say, I’ve Been looking for the perfect walking shoe now for a year plus, have tried almost everything (fj, Nike, ecco, puma, Payntr).  The zg23 are freaking amazing, perfect blend of comfort, traction, looks and waterproof.  My feet feel really good after 18, it’s a joy to walk in them.  I get Achilles blisters in almost all shoes walking 18 but these were amazing on the first round

if the only knock is they are slightly pricey for the materials, I could care less after the above benefits.  I’d pay more.  They will release other colors I’m sure, can’t wait gonna snatch em all up

TM Stealth 9 degrees, Ventus Blue TR 6x

TM Stealth plus 3 wood 15 degrees, Ventus Blue TR 6x

TM Sim2 TI 5 wood, 18 degrees 

Callaway UW '21, 21 degrees

TM P7MC 2023, 4-pw, fujikura axiom 125x

Srixon RTX 6 - 52,56,60 

Odyssey White Hot OG 1 Wide, KBS graphite putter shaft

On 5/22/2023 at 12:19 AM, rbark11 said:

How is tour360 compared to zg21? Carl's has tour360 discounted right now, considering picking up a pair. Love my zg21 so far

I would stick with the zg21 over the Tour360. I had the Tour 360 for a brief time last year, and the spikes started to break after 6 or so weeks in the spring. Adidas wouldn’t do anything about it. 

The Tour 360 also didn’t break in as easily as previous models. Previous models took a couple of range sessions and they were good to walk 18. Could never get to that point with mine. ZG21 was better right out of the box. 

I was very disappointed with the Tour360 because it had been my go to line of shoes for a while, but I ended up going to the FJ premiere Packard instead because of it. I still have the ZG21 that I’ll wear in the summer because they’re lighter and look less dressy depending on what I’m wearing to the course that day. 

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

On 5/21/2023 at 10:19 PM, rbark11 said:

How is tour360 compared to zg21? Carl's has tour360 discounted right now, considering picking up a pair. Love my zg21 so far

The Tour 360 22's are awful shoes in my opinion, they ruined that shoe, this is coming from someone who has a closet full of 360's from previous generations.  Ridiculous non-replaceable spike issue aside, I just found them to be extremely uncomfortable with the worst heel-cutting during break-in of any Adidas shoe I've ever owned. I put 10 rounds on a pair and sold them, after spending time and elbow grease getting the blood stains out of the heel. They also fit differently than prior models, they felt very "rectangular" to me, and like my foot wasn't as deep down in them vertically. I have a pair of ZG21's and those along with the new ZG23's are my new go-to Adidas shoe going forward. Very light, comfortable, minimal heel-cutting during break-in, waterproofing has worked great, and replaceable traditional spikes.

Edited by Bonneville85308
  • Like 1

Potential new info: I saw the Fall / Winter catalog at my course last weekend. Noticed some new colorways on the zg23, and a new mesh upper zg23 (with new colors too). The catalog didn't say if the mesh zg23 was waterproof or not. There was a neon yellowish/greenish version of the upper that looked interesting, but without seeing it in person yet I'm nervous that it would stain.

Our pro said that they go on sale / ship on 6/1. So maybe they'll be hitting the website tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, golfday said:

Potential new info: I saw the Fall / Winter catalog at my course last weekend. Noticed some new colorways on the zg23, and a new mesh upper zg23 (with new colors too). The catalog didn't say if the mesh zg23 was waterproof or not. There was a neon yellowish/greenish version of the upper that looked interesting, but without seeing it in person yet I'm nervous that it would stain.

Our pro said that they go on sale / ship on 6/1. So maybe they'll be hitting the website tomorrow.

New color ways, Yes

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

3 hours ago, snagy2000 said:

ZG23 are 30% off now on app...The ZG Vent are new...

Screenshot_20230601_062126_adidas.jpg

I like it, but looks like not waterproof so probably not for me. Too many dewy mornings. I saw a full navy blue version of the vent in the catalog in addition to these two colors.

I'm guessing the new zg23 colors will be up soon given the reduced prices of the current colorways.

4 hours ago, snagy2000 said:

ZG23 are 30% off now on app...The ZG Vent are new...

Screenshot_20230601_062126_adidas.jpg

Wow! You won’t be sneaking up on anyone with those 🕶️😎

• Haha 1
Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

1 hour ago, golfday said:

I like it, but looks like not waterproof so probably not for me. Too many dewy mornings. I saw a full navy blue version of the vent in the catalog in addition to these two colors.

I'm guessing the new zg23 colors will be up soon given the reduced prices of the current colorways.

I have a 30% off code I "need" to burn, so I snagged them. I'm a first out guy, so I'll find out shortly how they hold up in the dew.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snagy2000 said:

I have a 30% off code I "need" to burn, so I snagged them. I'm a first out guy, so I'll find out shortly how they hold up in the dew.

Here's the description.  Zero mention of being even water resistant.  Don't forget an extra pair of socks to change into after the round.

• Regular fit
  • Lace closure
  • Breathable mesh upper
  • Lightstrike cushioning
  • Textile lining
  • Synthetic outsole
  • Upper contains a minimum of 50% recycled content
  • Imported
  • Product color: Lucid Lemon / Arctic Night / Lucid Lemon
  • Product code: GW2123

2 hours ago, areksoo25 said:

Here's the description.  Zero mention of being even water resistant.  Don't forget an extra pair of socks to change into after the round.

• Regular fit
  • Lace closure
  • Breathable mesh upper
  • Lightstrike cushioning
  • Textile lining
  • Synthetic outsole
  • Upper contains a minimum of 50% recycled content
  • Imported
  • Product color: Lucid Lemon / Arctic Night / Lucid Lemon
  • Product code: GW2123

They have a coating on the bottom portion of the mesh, which makes me think these will keep some water out unless you're walking in tallgrass for an extended period of time.

I tried on a pair of zg23 today and was quite surprised with their comfort.  Considering a pair.  I thought to myself I don’t remember much love of the zg21 and hadn’t seen a ton of positives on zg23 when “comfy shoe” threads pop up.  

they seemed to fit really well.  They don’t look like a “boost” shoe but may give them a go.  

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Meant to ask, do the ZG 23 clean up well? They appear like they would.

Never owned a pair of Adidas golf shoes, matter of fact I’ve never owned a pair of Adidas foot ware. How do they compare to Nike in comfort. That’s my biggest concern these days, my knees and feet have been killing me lately. 

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

27 minutes ago, GC70 said:

Never owned a pair of Adidas golf shoes, matter of fact I’ve never owned a pair of Adidas foot ware. How do they compare to Nike in comfort. That’s my biggest concern these days, my knees and feet have been killing me lately. 

All depends on the cushion tech to me.  They all make awful shoes and comfy ones.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Minarets said:

All depends on the cushion tech to me.  They all make awful shoes and comfy ones.  

You’re spot on 

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

1 hour ago, GC70 said:

Same here, coming off meniscus repair. Adidas aren't bad after slight insole swap to help alleviate the knee pain. However, the FJ Hyperflex Carbon are the best on market IMO and well worth the price tag. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GC70 said:

I think it’s just going to depend on how each brand fits your foot. Adidas shoes tend to fit my feet better than Nike, so  I find them more comfortable.  I struggle with sizing in Nike, even in their running shoes, so it’s hard for me to find something that fits properly. Adidas is pretty much the same size in all models. 

• Like 1

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)