2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Paul Azinger Commentaries (MERGED)

ShowMe

Listening to him makes me turn off golf on a weekend... or at least mute him. I can't stand listening to him. Get Colt Knost in the booth - at least he's funny. 

• Like 4

Current WITB 2023...

• Callaway Epic Speed 9.5 - Hzrudus RDX Smoke Black 6.5 60g
  • Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 16.5 4W
  • Adams Idea Pro A12 3 Hybrid 20 & 23 - Matrix Ozik Altus S Flex
  • SRIXON ZX5 / ZX7 COMBO 5-PW
  • SM7 50.08F, SM8 56.12F, SM8 58 M 
  • Odyssey Tri Hot Triple Wide

On 1/16/2023 at 11:00 AM, kwcsports said:

I could not disagree with you more. He's a moron.Great great golfer, can't put a sentence together.

Agreed. He explains the game as he played it 30+ years ago, when the game and our understanding of it has evolved dramatically since then. In reality he misses the mark 11 times out of 10.

• Like 4

Reading posts here, I am reminded of something I read recently elsewhere: Social media gave a voice to people that, otherwise, wouldn't or should have one. 

Announcers have to fill air with commentary.  Calling anyone of them a Moran, for any reason, shows a serious lack of social skills and manners. 

No Azinger is NOT perfect, he's probably NOT a Harvard Grad, and doesn't have an off-screen prompt telling him what to say, nor is he from some Euro culture.  He's doing a difficult job that 99% of the yahoos (that most likely can't golf like him) on this DB couldn't do if their lives depended on it.

Edited by Pepperturbo
  • Like 3
  • TSR2 9.25° Tensei 1k Pro Red 61S
  • TSR2 15° Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17° 2i Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW MMT 105S 113-SW.
  • SM10 F52.12, T58.4, DG200 127S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

15 hours ago, ivygynonc said:

i agree.  Just like the the government, we are here to help.....  nothing has changed in those PAC meetings for the last quarter century, and I would almost guarantee zinger's time guys had a lot, and I mean a lot more to say about the day to day and future operations of the 'TOUR'.....  No one is taking a "non-businessmen's" perspective as anything more than facetime and then let's move onto the adults in the room conversation as a side bar.   I see it all the time.  Administration/C suites must have these ridiculously meaningless meetings so that the collective voices are felt to be heard, but there is always already an agenda planned.  All that the Csuite guys need to do is just steer the collective thoughts toward their pre decided plan and make the minion/players feel they are heard.  

com'on now, do you really think the billion dollar company of the tour would really listen to the 'non college graduate guys without an MBA about anything that may financially beneficial to the tour' in any real regards? 

go back and see what the tour's primary council said to the PAC when they thought there may be  a benefit to a preemptive LIV play against the current LIV tour.  It was essentially, any event opposite our PGAT event would be seen as an existential threat to the PGAT and taken down.  That doesn't seem to be an open dialogue to me.  

Surely you are just in jest to my response????  But maybe you truly feel context matters but history of who really runs the tour doesn't?  

Pretty distinct difference between a normal corporation discarding EMPLOYEES thoughts and the PGA tour having a committee of its MEMBERS offering their voices. 

I would venture to guess they are listening to the PAC more than ever given the last couple years and what we've already seen happening with the changes to the Tour. Always love the guys that are so confidently incorrect

21 minutes ago, Pepperturbo said:

Announcers have to fill air with commentary.

I get what you are saying and that may be the case in America, but I'd take the Euro Tour coverage any day with those announcers, because they don't fill it with "fluff".

It's not a crime to have the camera on with some nature shots for a bit and to hear silence, or the occasional bird chirping.

Edited by 5 O'Clock Charlie

21 minutes ago, Pepperturbo said:

Reading posts here, I am reminded of something I read recently elsewhere: Social media gave a voice to people that, otherwise, wouldn't or should have one. 

Announcers have to fill air with commentary.  Calling anyone of them a Moran, for any reason, shows a serious lack of social skills and manners. 

No Azinger is NOT perfect, he's probably NOT a Harvard Grad, and doesn't have an off-screen prompt telling him what to say, nor is he from some Euro culture.  He's doing a difficult job that 99% of the yahoos (that most likely can't golf like him) on this DB couldn't do if their lives depended on it.

You're a Moran!

• Thanks 1

Just now, dfeldss said:

You're a Moran!

Brave little boy online.  Go to your room.

• T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

31 minutes ago, Pepperturbo said:

Pepper! Happy 2023 to ya ; )

Zinger is being measured by his performance in the role both objectively and subjectively. 

We have all watched sports for decades and experienced the true greats, the Kieth Jacksons, John Maddens, all our favorites who have called games for our hometown franchises.  

In golf, I found that while Johnny and Faldo, for example, weren’t perfect, they blended their expertise in golf with a level of professional delivery, authority, and skill at measuring the amount and specifics of the commentary they made.

Zinger performs at a very low standard for many. Be it his delivery, ability to draw on experience and offer the right commentary at the right time, and his overall toolbox and talent in his trade. 

13 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Pepper! Happy 2023 to ya ; )

Zinger is being measured by his performance in the role both objectively and subjectively. 

We have all watched sports for decades and experienced the true greats, the Kieth Jacksons, John Maddens, all our favorites who have called games for our hometown franchises.  

In golf, I found that while Johnny and Faldo, for example, weren’t perfect, they blended their expertise in golf with a level of professional delivery, authority, and skill at measuring the amount and specifics of the commentary they made.

Zinger performs at a very low standard for many. Be it his delivery, ability to draw on experience and offer the right commentary at the right time, and his overall toolbox and talent in his trade. 

Thanks, you too. 

That may be the case, but the man deserves respect for his accomplishments in golf and giving back.  Networks have a difficult time getting anyone to sit in the chair for hours on end, filling dead air.  The fact that he doesn't meet expectations of people that haven't done comparably, squat, matters not.

Edited by Pepperturbo
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

1 hour ago, Pepperturbo said:

Announcers have to fill a 100%ir with commentary.  Calling anyone of them a Moran, for any reason, shows a serious lack of social skills and manners. 

Hallelujah brother! Agree 100%......One of those yahoo's even brought my parents into the conversation because I disagreed with him about Azinger.

How can any right-thinking person detest someone that have no effect on their lives.....?

Edited by Titleist99

22 minutes ago, Pepperturbo said:

That may be the case, but the man deserves respect for his accomplishments in golf and giving back.  

You can respect a players past accomplishments in golf just fine, that doesn't mean they get a free pass  to fill an entire broadcast with utter garbage. Being a great player is no guarantee you will be a great announcer (and no you do need to be a great player to be a great announcer). If anything it's a detriment at times because old timers are full of ego, misnomers, myths, and at times pure delusion. 

Edited by Krt22
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Titleist99 said:

Hallelujah brother! Agree 100%......One of those yahoo's even brought my parents into the conversation because I disagreed with him about Azinger.

How can any right-thinking person detest someone that have no effect on their lives.....?

So much hypocrisy all in one post, can't make this stuff up! lol 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pepperturbo said:

All the same folks who hated on Johnny Miller hate on Azinger.  They hated Faldo as well, most of them.

I've noticed a pattern on WRX. 

Edited by RainShadow

Rogue ST Max LS or Paradym 10.5 (9.5) Ventus TR 5 R

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*
PXG GEN6 XP 2X Black 6-GW MMT 6 or AI Smoke 6-GW Tensei white 75 R

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

2 hours ago, Pepperturbo said:

... point is - Is this the best they could get? You're telling me there aren't any other qualified people who could or want that position that have a little more personality? 

• Like 1

Current WITB 2023...

• Callaway Epic Speed 9.5 - Hzrudus RDX Smoke Black 6.5 60g
  • Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 16.5 4W
  • Adams Idea Pro A12 3 Hybrid 20 & 23 - Matrix Ozik Altus S Flex
  • SRIXON ZX5 / ZX7 COMBO 5-PW
  • SM7 50.08F, SM8 56.12F, SM8 58 M 
  • Odyssey Tri Hot Triple Wide

10 minutes ago, zaccaf said:

... point is - Is this the best they could get? You're telling me there aren't any other qualified people who could or want that position that have a little more personality? 

I understand what you're saying.  Getting X-tour winners on camera is difficult.  Most of them are too shy and or quiet, or don't want the job, or they don't have what it takes to talk or maybe be critical of players on camera for hours on end. 

Further example, note the amount of tour players we never see on camera for interviews; they tell the production trunk they don't want to be on camera and or the production manager doesn't like them for being on camera.

• T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

2 hours ago, dfeldss said:

Pretty distinct difference between a normal corporation discarding EMPLOYEES thoughts and the PGA tour having a committee of its MEMBERS offering their voices. 

I would venture to guess they are listening to the PAC more than ever given the last couple years and what we've already seen happening with the changes to the Tour. Always love the guys that are so confidently incorrect

I always love the guys that think their conclusions based on zero insider information are always correct and all others that don't fit their obviously correct and undeniably true conclusions are incorrect. 

If the MEMBERS in some miraculous way made/forced/'pretty pleased' the PGAT to start paying up big time and it was not the LIV COMPETITION that forced the PGAT hand, I would be open to learn from where you have obtained your first hand knowledge of that closed door PAC conversation.  If the PGAT was so open and honest with its MEMBERS then I would assume the pgat would've made these changes years ago.--maybe when HOF MEMBER PHIL said it over and over and over when he spoke to the PAC members (my assumption due to his statements that he spoke to the PAC, but still an assumption since I was not in the room) and then turned to the media to say it over and over and over again but no changes came then, hence LIV became reality.

As my preacher once said to our congregation, Open your eyes and you shall see....

2 minutes ago, ivygynonc said:

I always love the guys that think their conclusions based on zero insider information are always correct and all others that don't fit their obviously correct and undeniably true conclusions are incorrect. 

If the MEMBERS in some miraculous way made/forced/'pretty pleased' the PGAT to start paying up big time and it was not the LIV COMPETITION that forced the PGAT hand, I would be open to learn from where you have obtained your first hand knowledge of that closed door PAC conversation.  If the PGAT was so open and honest with its MEMBERS then I would assume the pgat would've made these changes years ago.--maybe when HOF MEMBER PHIL said it over and over and over when he spoke to the PAC members (my assumption due to his statements that he spoke to the PAC, but still an assumption since I was not in the room) and then turned to the media to say it over and over and over again but no changes came then, hence LIV became reality.

As my preacher once said to our congregation, Open your eyes and you shall see....

LOL. right back at ya, buddy.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2023 at 7:03 AM, oughtaquit said:

Azinger must have orgy pictures of the entire NBC board of directors. And if you reply to defend him, you must be in the pictures too. 

I defend him.   And don't have pictures.  Who do you have orgy pictures of?

Edited by Golferpaul

On 1/17/2023 at 5:17 AM, BHI 99 said:

Jack Nicklaus is probably my least favorite guest announcer by a long shot, I wish they’d put Lee Trevino in the booth instead.  

Phil Blackmar does a good job with the champions tour. 

I dont mind Jack but we have all heard his stories so many times we could all repeat them better than he could. 

Can't wait for the NBC/West Coast tournaments to end so that golf can get back over to CBS, where it belongs.  Azinger is just as annoying as ever this year.  He's still obsessed about how nervous a golfer might be.  It's all he ever talks about.

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX

• 1t2golf changed the title to Paul Azinger Commentaries (MERGED)