2024 The Ascendant WITB Photos ×

The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)

touch

4 hours ago, puttnforthe8 said:

One round in the books. My knee held up pretty good and I didn’t feel significant pain until the 14th hole.  But it feels great being here.

I can’t say I played well, but I certainly didn’t play bad.  Had 2 birdies.

Weather was great with only a slight chill and a 2 club wind.  

We had our tourney reception this evening with free beer, bbq sandwiches, and then we got free fittings from Taylormade special for this event.  I got fit into the P790s with the Steelfiber shaft….what a great fitting!  We get a discount and no tax to!  So I will have a new set of irons when I return home. 

@chisag There’s a selfie overlooking the gorse and the ocean! 

Tournament round 1 tomorrow on Bandon Dunes:  best ball.   Hoping to get off to a good start. 

IMG_2757.mov

IMG_2756.jpeg

IMG_2759.jpeg

IMG_2760.jpeg

IMG_2763.jpeg

IMG_2762.jpeg

IMG_2761.jpeg

I do not know what shafts you played before but when you get used to the Steelfibers you will love them. I know I am starting to love mine. I consider Chisag a expert on those shafts and he and I have had some PM discussions on them. I do know one thing they have helped me in being able to play several rounds a week pain free. They are an all together different feel from my steel shafted blades but after a month of playing them steady 5 times a week I am getting used to them. 

LOL had another brain fart in the process of getting used to the pocket cavity CBs over blades. Now these irons are not really jacked over my blades just around 2 to 3 degrees stronger. Now I have always been a bump and run 5 iron guy around the greens. I had noticed I was either running the ball way beyond the hole of getting chicken and being short. It was running me crazy until I realized the lofts were different. In my practice segment Friday afternoon I started doing the bump and runs with the 6 iron and it came back. I had checked the written specs and checked on my machine and the 5 iron with the TMs was 3* stronger than my Mac blade 5 iron. Went with the 6 iron and the results were much better. In reality I was bump and running with my 4 iron. All part of the learning curve

• Like 4

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

6 hours ago, touch said:

Same here with the Hillbilly's and their lifted trucks chisag.  F them dic Ks.

LOL your car says, " DJ be alert there is a speed trap ahead."  What a world we are living in. 🙂

I bet with your Korean E car's fast acceleration you are ziggin' and zaggin" about ! 👍

How is your game? If I may ask, in the 5 rounds last week how many were under par ? 

I thought they banned the "Carolina Squat" in NC last year. As usual SC moves at a snails pace and it has been in legislature darn near 2 years now. 

10 hours ago, touch said:

SPECIAL REPORT: A speed trap's bad rap - Gainesville Times

I have a question for the group this evening. How prevalent are radar speed traps where you live? If you are still working how many times would you see a speed trap in a given week? If you are retired, how many would you see in two weeks of driving around for errands and golf? Let's also include the stop light mounted automatic photo radar machines. Let's exclude highways and Interstates. 

The reason I ask is that in the 5 cities I have lived during my career it has varied greatly.

Northern Virginia/Metro D.C. - They were everywhere. I had a radar detector in use constantly to avoid silly tickets. 

Las Vegas - Primarily only in school zones. Outside of those areas not that many.

Phoenix/Scottsdale -  Again the were very prevalent, and again I used a radar detector so I wouldn't get caught going 5-10 mph over.

Rancho Mirage/ California desert - I might see two a month. 

Asheville - Absolutely non existent. In the twelve years I have lived here I have never seen a single speed trap. There is almost zero police presence in traffic here. Amazing. 

We have speed traps all over. Especially your smaller towns under 2000. Rule of thumb around here as far as how much over the speed limit before you get a ticket is ..... Nine you're fine, Ten you're mine.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,23.5,28.5 Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

4 hours ago, BIG STU said:

I thought they banned the "Carolina Squat" in NC last year. As usual SC moves at a snails pace and it has been in legislature darn near 2 years now. 

What is the Carolina Squat Stu? 

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs 

Monday Musings.

If you watch the EPL, when a ball rolls through the legs of a professional goalie they call it a "howler."  No matter how many times I tee it up, I am guaranteed a howler or two.  You know, the fairway wood that travels about 5' in the air, rolls out 85 yards and ultimately trickles off into the rough, or the hoselrocket, or the blade, or laying sod over the ball.  And I know why it is, but somehow it doesn't make the sting any less.

Well documented is my struggle to change my swing path for consistency reasons.  I can turn over a wedge and draw it anywhere from 5-15 yards, and that is the issue, I don't know if it'll be 5 or 15.

This weekend I tee'd it up a couple of times, and I still have yet to really play well on the front 9.  Sat I was three over and Sun I had a crowd pleasing 5 over with 5 straight bogeys, one of which was a direct result of the aforementioned howler.  Then on Sat I was even on the back, and yesterday I was 2 under on the back for a pair of three overs.  At this point it has to be mental, or maybe I am mental.

The weather has turned and it was a very nice day with a decent temperature.  The ball was flying significantly further, as it is apt to when going from mid-40s to high 70s/low 80s.  The course is greening up beautifully, and I don't think I have seen the greens come through a winter so well.  Particularly such a long and cold winter.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, touch said:

It's a Monday so that means I'm playing golf. Unfortunately it's not going to be 75* in Asheville for the first day of May. Currently it's 56* with winds at 10-20 mph. Thankfully there is sunshine. This will be a stern test of golf today. 

Our first shots at Broadmoor take to the air at 12:10. 

16829563948615009853260841077086.jpg

16829565187653448839420763790939.jpg

Go for the green there yo!

🤣 🍻 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Now Myrtle Beach city that is an entire another animal. They have speed traps cameras and a traffic division. And you would not believe the arrests the SHP and MB city make for DUI.

... When I was a lifeguard at Myrtle in the early 70's, I was heading up to a club at North Myrtle Beach and got stopped for doing 26mph in a 25mph zone. 🙄 I didn't have my DL with me and they took me to jail and I had to post a bond. Thankfully my boss was on good terms with the police dept so he just showed up and they dismissed the ticket. I found out they gave these tickets out mostly on the weekends and you could just pay the fine and get it dismissed without it showing up on your insurance OR if you wanted to get a court date and come back a month later they would dismiss the sentence without a fine. Of course it was much cheaper to just pay the fine than take a day off work, drive back down and get a motel room. Just a straight revenue racket.  

• Like 3

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    Cobra Aerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
Hybrids:    Cobra Aerojet 20* 7 wood* ... Kai'Li 70r
                  Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black Hy70r

Irons:        Titleist T200 '23 5-9 ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:   MG3 ... 45*/49*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour X

3 hours ago, touch said:

it’s what stu does about an hour after his breakfast and coffee every morning 

• Haha 4

Ping G425 LST 9º | TPT 15LO

TM SIM2 4W 16.5º | Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 8TX

TM SIM2 7W 21º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland RTX Raw 52/mid 56/mid 60/full | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Ping Custom PLD Anser 2

13 hours ago, puttnforthe8 said:

One round in the books. My knee held up pretty good and I didn’t feel significant pain until the 14th hole.  But it feels great being here.

I can’t say I played well, but I certainly didn’t play bad.  Had 2 birdies.

Weather was great with only a slight chill and a 2 club wind.  

We had our tourney reception this evening with free beer, bbq sandwiches, and then we got free fittings from Taylormade special for this event.  I got fit into the P790s with the Steelfiber shaft….what a great fitting!  We get a discount and no tax to!  So I will have a new set of irons when I return home. 

@chisag There’s a selfie overlooking the gorse and the ocean! 

Tournament round 1 tomorrow on Bandon Dunes:  best ball.   Hoping to get off to a good start. 

IMG_2756.jpeg

IMG_2759.jpeg

IMG_2760.jpeg

IMG_2763.jpeg

IMG_2762.jpeg

IMG_2761.jpeg

Pac Dunes, innit? Loved, loved, loved that one. Possibly influenced by hitting one of the most epic 3Ws on 18 I've ever hit. 

Sheep Ranch though ... possibly my favorite course I've played in the US

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

3 hours ago, touch said:

An excruciatingly dumb custom truck/SUV stance. 

• Like 3

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

23 minutes ago, aenemated said:

An excruciatingly dumb custom truck/SUV stance. 

... Only happened once but when I went to charge my EV at a Walmart that has Electrify America in the lot where they have 4 super chargers some jacked up huge wheel pick up parked between 2 of them blocking access. 

... Looks like a 3 day weekend. 25mph winds with gusts up to 35mph today and an Air Quality Alert is a bad combo.

7 hours ago, touch said:

It is where the rear suspension is way down and the front end is jacked way up. If it was a working truck it would be because it was loaded very heavy. The squat guys drop the rear suspension and jack the front way way up

• Like 2

driver fitting on friday! 

absolutely can’t wait. 

i’ve done everything possible to get my spin down with my current driver down, but we’re barely sniffing sub-3000 on good strikes with 2600-2700 being on the extreme low end of the spectrum. 

so i’m looking forward to hitting the paradym triple diamond, g430lst, and titleist tsr2 and 4 friday. 

• Like 4

Ping G425 LST 9º | TPT 15LO

TM SIM2 4W 16.5º | Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 8TX

TM SIM2 7W 21º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland RTX Raw 52/mid 56/mid 60/full | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Ping Custom PLD Anser 2

5 hours ago, touch said:

It's a Monday so that means I'm playing golf. Unfortunately it's not going to be 75* in Asheville for the first day of May. Currently it's 56* with winds at 10-20 mph. Thankfully there is sunshine. This will be a stern test of golf today. 

Our first shots at Broadmoor take to the air at 12:10. 

16829563948615009853260841077086.jpg

16829565187653448839420763790939.jpg

We had a slight dusting of snow over solid ice this morning when I got up. Just two hours from you, but, the weather has been pretty poor. Winds are howling to make it a bit more enjoyable. I'd be happy with the mid 50's today.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, touch said:

How prevalent are radar speed traps where you live?

CT is not terrible but there are towns where Barney Fife's have nothing to do. Been harassed because my love for vintage Japanese cars, cops hate BMW's too in my parts.

Odd but Sunday am seems to be a favorite time for highway patrol.

I-95 around Co-Op City, NYC, always a speed trap, got nailed for a $400 ticket there.

I-278 north NJ, always speed traps but limit is 65 at least.

I-95 fresh into RI always a speed trap.

Edited by Nard_S
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, touch said:

SPECIAL REPORT: A speed trap's bad rap - Gainesville Times

I have a question for the group this evening. How prevalent are radar speed traps where you live? If you are still working how many times would you see a speed trap in a given week? If you are retired, how many would you see in two weeks of driving around for errands and golf? Let's also include the stop light mounted automatic photo radar machines. Let's exclude highways and Interstates. 

The reason I ask is that in the 5 cities I have lived during my career it has varied greatly.

Northern Virginia/Metro D.C. - They were everywhere. I had a radar detector in use constantly to avoid silly tickets. 

Las Vegas - Primarily only in school zones. Outside of those areas not that many.

Phoenix/Scottsdale -  Again the were very prevalent, and again I used a radar detector so I wouldn't get caught going 5-10 mph over.

Rancho Mirage/ California desert - I might see two a month. 

Asheville - Absolutely non existent. In the twelve years I have lived here I have never seen a single speed trap. There is almost zero police presence in traffic here. Amazing. 

South Florida next to none

There are a few red light cameras around

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Unless you are at Baja jumping dunes  or maybe drag racing - the squat  just makes for bad handling and blinding other drivers with the pointed up headlights

• Like 2

I am in no way bashing EV lovers BUT, Ford starting to make the Mustang a EV in 24 means someone at FMC needs to be hung!!!!! Just quit making the damn car!

• Like 1

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,23.5,28.5 Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

On 5/1/2023 at 4:34 PM, BIG STU said:

It is where the rear suspension is way down and the front end is jacked way up. If it was a working truck it would be because it was loaded very heavy. The squat guys drop the rear suspension and jack the front way way up

Thanks Stu. Yes we have a half dozen of those rear squatters around. The majority though are the sky high lifted diesel trucks, Ford or Dodge preferred, with the large spaced out wheels that have loud as hell knobby tires on them. Of course they also have the prerequisite dashboard switch that adjusts the volume of black smoke that comes out of their 11 inch wide exhaust pipes. Oh how fun it must be to send a large cloud of black smoke all over the entire intersection and smoother 20 cars with while your too loud exhaust system screams away. As useless as they come I say the drivers of these road hogging monstrosities are.

Tell them how you really feel LP. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

May be an image of 4 people and text that says 'How lunch was done on a road trip before all the fast food joints... 11'

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

Gotta love when the NY Rangers are eliminated, even better when the Devils send them packing!

• Like 1

Driver - Testing in Progress

7W - Taylormade Ti Bubble II

4-5 Hybrids - Cleveland Halo XL (21*, 24*)

7i - GW - Titleist T200 7-GW

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Putter - Sled 01 (for thr moment)

Ball - Srixon Q Star

2 minutes ago, NJBigFish22 said:

Gotta love when the NY Rangers are eliminated, even better when the Devils send them packing!

I'm guessing they are bitter rivals. Also, nothing better than sending last year's Stanley Cup champions, the Avalanche, packing. Courtesy of the Kraken.

• Like 1

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

8 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I'm guessing they are bitter rivals. Also, nothing better than sending last year's Stanley Cup champions, the Avalanche, packing. Courtesy of the Kraken.

Yes they are rivals.  The Kraken played better and I knew watching the tying goal was going to be ruled offsides.  I was disappointed in the Avs.

Driver - Testing in Progress

7W - Taylormade Ti Bubble II

4-5 Hybrids - Cleveland Halo XL (21*, 24*)

7i - GW - Titleist T200 7-GW

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Putter - Sled 01 (for thr moment)

Ball - Srixon Q Star

14 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Maybe Ti-Scape was messing around in another thread and was banned again. Or perhaps he's just holed up in his studio making new avatars.

I think you are correct DMM. I too thought he might be in the penalty box again. I checked his profile last night and he was recently online. I didn't look to see if he recently posted as I just wanted to find a pulse. 😅 I discovered that he is indeed has been on the WRX, but perhaps he currently doesn't have a voice. 

All of us hope you are back in Lounge real soon TS. 

• Like 2

• GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)
  • GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)