Titleist 2023 irons

Wonderboy

15 hours ago, Pens #1 fan said:

Anyone compare new Cobra Tour to 150 or 100s yet? 

king tour set almost built and 150 fitting is wednesday

so stay tuned...I'll be back to report 

• Like 2

Ping G430 Max - Accra Fx3.0 140-M0 / VA Nemesys 6-S

Mizuno ST-Max 3W - LIN-Q M40X Red 5F3

Ping G430 7W - AD-DI 7-S 
Cobra King Tour 4-PW - Modus 105-S
Cleveland RTX6 50 / 54 - DG spinner / 60 - Oban CT 125-S
PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack 

18 hours ago, FmaxTurboSi said:

dang really?  you're not the only one that's said the 150 wasn't better than the current 100S.

what did you like, or what did you not like about the 150 compared to your current setup?

It sucks you didn't get to hit them off the turf.  I'm really concerned about the turf interaction with the 150's since they're slightly larger than the 100S.  Not sure if it'll be better or worse for me.  

Honestly I don't know.  When I hit the T100S years ago I was like WTF these are amazing.  I never had that feeling with any of the new irons.  If anything I would move to the T200 but 790s are better IMO.  I dunno.  I wasn't blow away.  Fitted helped me tweak my Driver though so that was nice.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cbbaron said:

I haven't yet but there is a fitter every Monday at Granite Links and Wednesdays at Pinehills

Good intel, thank you

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9* Tensei 1K White 70TX

TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2x3 (8.5*/9.4*/9.8*): Tensei 1K White 70TX

Titleist TSi3 9* - Atmos Patriot TS 7x; Diamana OG Whiteboard 73x

Titleist TSR2+ 13* - Atmos Blue TS 8x  

Titleist 915f 15* @ 14.25* - Atmos Blue TS 8x

Titleist 915f 18* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.2x

Titleist 915hd 20.5* @ 19.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 2023 T150 4 & 5 iron, T100 6-9 iron - Project x6.5 ss1x 1.5* flat

Vokey SM9 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F - Project x6.0 1.5* flat, 54.12D, 58.08M - DG TI S400 or SM10 60.04T

Putter: Toulon Garage San Diego / Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

10 hours ago, cbbaron said:

I haven't yet but there is a fitter every Monday at Granite Links and Wednesdays at Pinehills

Shining Rock seems to have fittings frequently as well, according to the Team Titleist emails.  They don't have a range so it must be off a mat and into a net.

Edited by dwboston

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

New lineup looks great, but the T100ii is my goat iron, so I'm not motivated to change. Sorry, Titleist, you did too well last time. 

Titleist TSR3 1w 08.75 - Tour AD VF

Titleist TSR2 3w 5w 4h – Tour AD DI

Titleist T100 5i 6i 7i 8i 9i – X100

Titleist SM9 46F 50F 54S 60M – S400

Titleist Pro V1 – Mezz.1 Broomstick

a lot of the materials I've seen on the new line is realllly leaning into "if you loved ap2, then you'll love t150". 🫠 my irons are sweating 

• Like 1

WITB:

Ai Smoke Max 9* Tensei 1k Blue

Ai Smoke Max 5w Ventus Blue +

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping Blueprints S 5-P Modus 105S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Tour X

Just left my Titleist fitting at Cantigny in the Chicago suburbs. 

The clear winner for me was T150 with X100s, standard length, 1 flat. 

However, the numbers weren’t that much different than my i230s … I decided to hold off on placing an order for now. 

I did really, really like the T150s and wouldn’t be surprised if they end up in my bag. Honestly, compared to the T200s, other than a different finish, they didn’t look that different behind the ball to me. And I also didn’t find the T200s to be much more forgiving. However, the feel on the T150s was significantly softer. I’d be hard pressed to find a reason to go with the T200 over the T150 unless you’re a really, really high spin player who’s desperate to knock a couple hundred RPMs off. I know others have really liked the T200s, so I suspect my findings might be different than most!

I hit the T350s too, but didn’t love the feel or turf interaction, and was striking the T150s more consistently. I was getting more distance, but that’s not really what I’m after. Looking at my peak height, spin and landing angle, the fitter said there was no reason to go T100 over T150, and I agreed with him.

The fitter’s main takeaway was that without question, I do better with heavier shafts. That’s something we found on the Fujikura GolfWRX members’ trip too — I left with 105X Axioms built to a heavier swing weight but was really close to going with 125X. We tried weight ranges from 95g to the X100 being about 130g if I remember correctly. Project X LZ 6.5/125g was runner-up, but I was more consistent with the X100.

Compared to the i230s, the T150s do feel softer. And the turf interaction was great. We were hitting Pro V1s off grass. I was getting a few more yards of carry from the T150s vs. the i230s. The spin was high on everything — like, a little above any normal range I’ve seen before and what I see on the course — and the fitter kind of preemptively mentioned he’d been seeing some odd spin numbers and thought it had to do with the grass where we were set up. So I’m hesitant to share much about spin rates, other than to say it went as expected — T150 spun more than T200, which spun more than T350.

One weakness of Titleist’s fitting set-up, in my opinion, is a lack of heavier graphite shafts. They really didn’t have anything above 110g. 

It’d be expensive, but I could see myself ordering T150s with Axiom 125Xs from Will Peoples for next year. I want to try Callaway’s new stuff first, though.

• Like 4

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

13 minutes ago, FAbb said:

What graphite shaft options are people seeing at fittings?

Keep in mind, I'm a moderate--I'm being kind to myself 🙂  swig speed 73 to 73 with the 7 iron.    I was hitting the lighter weight graphite's Tensei, 75g, Steelfiber I80 and Recoil 95.  I ended up in the Steelfiber I80, it was a great compromise between the two.  I do believe they had the Recoil and SteelFber 110's also, but I knew they were out of my class. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

6 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Keep in mind, I'm a moderate--I'm being kind to myself 🙂  swig speed 73 to 73 with the 7 iron.    I was hitting the lighter weight graphite's Tensei, 75g, Steelfiber I80 and Recoil 95.  I ended up in the Steelfiber I80, it was a great compromise between the two.  I do believe they had the Recoil and SteelFber 110's also, but I knew they were out of my class. 

They did have the Steelfiber i110s at my location today -- I tried those. I saw the Tenseis and Recoils as well, so those do seem to be options they have across their fitting set-ups. I don't think they have Recoil Darts or Recoil Protos, and they don't have MMTs or Axioms.

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

Yes august 3rd embargo lifts    I finally hit the new iron line this morning.  Other than appearance I thought feel and performance were meh…that’s what drives me bananas when Titleist releases new irons.  They rarely and I mean rarely come out with something that is significantly better than the old line of product.   Stupidly annoying.  I honestly was looking forward to some game changing moment and going back to their irons but I’m not.  To each his own.     If you need or just want new irons they look 100 times better imo from the t100/t200 current.   The new badging on the back still feels cheap and plastic like even through they tried to silver and blend it into the back of the iron.  It’s still the same cheap feeling polymer they used on the “older” t200.  I think it was on this site somewhere were somebody said they used to be an engineer at titleist and their whole engineering department is a complete disaster.   I’d have to go back and find it but pretty interesting read.   

Edited by mtnbiker5

1 hour ago, Pens #1 fan said:

I found it amusing that last weeks winner is a Titleist staffer and is gaming CB in scoring irons. Could have had a lot more promo if he was gaming new line launching this week. 

If anyone else wins with the CB we’ll all be having them to go with our Jailbirds. 

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Cstobaugh said:

Sorry if it’s been covered, is there any info on a MB/CB release? 

Yeah it’s been mentioned several times.  No updates to either model at this time. 

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

4 hours ago, eric61 said:

Just left my Titleist fitting at Cantigny in the Chicago suburbs. 

The clear winner for me was T150 with X100s, standard length, 1 flat. 

However, the numbers weren’t that much different than my i230s … I decided to hold off on placing an order for now. 

I did really, really like the T150s and wouldn’t be surprised if they end up in my bag. Honestly, compared to the T200s, other than a different finish, they didn’t look that different behind the ball to me. And I also didn’t find the T200s to be much more forgiving. However, the feel on the T150s was significantly softer. I’d be hard pressed to find a reason to go with the T200 over the T150 unless you’re a really, really high spin player who’s desperate to knock a couple hundred RPMs off. I know others have really liked the T200s, so I suspect my findings might be different than most!

I hit the T350s too, but didn’t love the feel or turf interaction, and was striking the T150s more consistently. I was getting more distance, but that’s not really what I’m after. Looking at my peak height, spin and landing angle, the fitter said there was no reason to go T100 over T150, and I agreed with him.

The fitter’s main takeaway was that without question, I do better with heavier shafts. That’s something we found on the Fujikura GolfWRX members’ trip too — I left with 105X Axioms built to a heavier swing weight but was really close to going with 125X. We tried weight ranges from 95g to the X100 being about 130g if I remember correctly. Project X LZ 6.5/125g was runner-up, but I was more consistent with the X100.

Compared to the i230s, the T150s do feel softer. And the turf interaction was great. We were hitting Pro V1s off grass. I was getting a few more yards of carry from the T150s vs. the i230s. The spin was high on everything — like, a little above any normal range I’ve seen before and what I see on the course — and the fitter kind of preemptively mentioned he’d been seeing some odd spin numbers and thought it had to do with the grass where we were set up. So I’m hesitant to share much about spin rates, other than to say it went as expected — T150 spun more than T200, which spun more than T350.

One weakness of Titleist’s fitting set-up, in my opinion, is a lack of heavier graphite shafts. They really didn’t have anything above 110g. 

It’d be expensive, but I could see myself ordering T150s with Axiom 125Xs from Will Peoples for next year. I want to try Callaway’s new stuff first, though.

Currently game the i230's ....GREAT to hear softer and better turf interaction - 2 huge ones for me 

assume spin and height same - just really a forgiveness ? left.....

Fitting on wed - Pumped!

Ping G430 Max - Accra Fx3.0 140-M0 / VA Nemesys 6-S

Mizuno ST-Max 3W - LIN-Q M40X Red 5F3

Ping G430 7W - AD-DI 7-S 
Cobra King Tour 4-PW - Modus 105-S
Cleveland RTX6 50 / 54 - DG spinner / 60 - Oban CT 125-S
PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack 

39 minutes ago, dlovage said:

Report back from Titleist fitting today! First of all, I'm a higher HCP (play to an 18 right now, mainly issues around short game and putting but not the best ball striker either) and have used the i230s and the T100s over the last season. Did a fitting with Titleist directly at San Jose Spartan Complex on grass.

I went with: T200 4-5i // T150 6- Gap w/ AMT Black S300

• First of all, I can't stress how amazing a direct fitting with Titleist is. I got to hit the usual 7i, but also hit 4, 5, 6, 9i and even a PW. It made a massive difference. If you can sign up via Club Titleist, do it.
  • Major takeaway #1: the T200 are going to sell a lot of irons. I was *so* skeptical of them. First of all, they are bigger than the T150 but the gap there has been narrowed tremendously. The second is the feel: MUCH better. A solid thwock vs. the more clicks prior generation. The turf interaction was far improved. Standing over the ball, the T200 felt closer to the T150. I almost went T200 in 6i (and honestly considered it across the board) but something about the tad smaller footprint of the T150 - and the fact that the gains in ball speed weren't massive - kept me within the comfort of my prior T100S.
  • Major takeaways #2: having owned 718 AP2s, the T150 comparison is spot on. It's definitely thicker - the pictures don't do it justice. If you put it next to your T100/S, you'll notice a thicker top line, I don't know how you can't. However, although I was at first a little concerned (because I love the blade-ness of the T100S), when you're actually standing over the ball, you don't see any back cavity and it honestly didn't make a huge difference.
  • Major takeaway #3: the T150 is more forgiving - relatively - than the T100S. Again, I could feel off-center hits less than my T100S. Something I always liked about the T100S is even if I didn't flush a shot and thought "oh shoot, I hit it super thin", it somehow still goes 90% of the way. With the T150, the different was even less noticeable. 
  • Major "controversial" takeaway #4: I actually like the feeling of the '21 T100 better. Most people will like the T150 - it's 100% more muted, softer contact. Something about it threw me off in the beginning of the fitting until I got used to it. It's not PXG goo-soft, or Kyoei butter soft, and it's not a solid soft like Miura. It's almost like the older Titleist CB (like a 712 CB) and even like the new PXG 0317 CBs. It felt more "CB-like" than the T100S, for sure. I did a quick "blind test" where the fitter switched me out of my old/ new T150 club and I just did some quick set up and hits - not looking at the top line too much - and I nailed it every time. I suspect most people will love the more muted feeling. For me, one of the reasons I switched into the T100S from the i230 - apart from blade length - was for that addicting T100 feel. After a few shots though, thought they felt great. I will say: if you’re a great ball striker who doesn’t really need extra forgiveness, you may want to just stay at T100S.
  • Other observations:
    • The T200 in 4/5i are rocket launchers. I'm probably most excited about them. The T200 4i came within a few yards of my current fairway winder U5050 w/ Ventus Blue HYB 80S!
    • I hated the T350. Massive, clicky, massive offset. Would probably make a great driving iron but it only outgained the T200 by less than 1 mph ball speed so I stuck with what I liked.
    • The new utility iron was nice, but I stuck with my U505.
    • If you're in the market for a new shaft, check out the stock AMT S300. I'm a ~80-83 mph 7i SS and found it super easy to elevate the long irons and kept the weight on the short irons. Beat out my old gamer KBS Tour 120S and PX LZs.

FYI I ordered today and got an email saying "expected shipping August 1st". That can't be right, can it? Haha. The rep said it was taking 1-2 weeks on average. No cost savings from ordering directly with them, only expected build time.

Amazing write up, my dude!

• Like 1

WITB:

Ai Smoke Max 9* Tensei 1k Blue

Ai Smoke Max 5w Ventus Blue +

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping Blueprints S 5-P Modus 105S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Tour X

50 minutes ago, dlovage said:

Report back from Titleist fitting today! First of all, I'm a higher HCP (play to an 18 right now, mainly issues around short game and putting but not the best ball striker either) and have used the i230s and the T100s over the last season. Did a fitting with Titleist directly at San Jose Spartan Complex on grass.

I went with: T200 4-5i // T150 6- Gap w/ AMT Black S300

• First of all, I can't stress how amazing a direct fitting with Titleist is. I got to hit the usual 7i, but also hit 4, 5, 6, 9i and even a PW. It made a massive difference. If you can sign up via Club Titleist, do it.
  • Major takeaway #1: the T200 are going to sell a lot of irons. I was *so* skeptical of them. First of all, they are bigger than the T150 but the gap there has been narrowed tremendously. The second is the feel: MUCH better. A solid thwock vs. the more clicks prior generation. The turf interaction was far improved. Standing over the ball, the T200 felt closer to the T150. I almost went T200 in 6i (and honestly considered it across the board) but something about the tad smaller footprint of the T150 - and the fact that the gains in ball speed weren't massive - kept me within the comfort of my prior T100S.
  • Major takeaways #2: having owned 718 AP2s, the T150 comparison is spot on. It's definitely thicker - the pictures don't do it justice. If you put it next to your T100/S, you'll notice a thicker top line, I don't know how you can't. However, although I was at first a little concerned (because I love the blade-ness of the T100S), when you're actually standing over the ball, you don't see any back cavity and it honestly didn't make a huge difference.
  • Major takeaway #3: the T150 is more forgiving - relatively - than the T100S. Again, I could feel off-center hits less than my T100S. Something I always liked about the T100S is even if I didn't flush a shot and thought "oh shoot, I hit it super thin", it somehow still goes 90% of the way. With the T150, the different was even less noticeable. 
  • Major "controversial" takeaway #4: I actually like the feeling of the '21 T100 better. Most people will like the T150 - it's 100% more muted, softer contact. Something about it threw me off in the beginning of the fitting until I got used to it. It's not PXG goo-soft, or Kyoei butter soft, and it's not a solid soft like Miura. It's almost like the older Titleist CB (like a 712 CB) and even like the new PXG 0317 CBs. It felt more "CB-like" than the T100S, for sure. I did a quick "blind test" where the fitter switched me out of my old/ new T150 club and I just did some quick set up and hits - not looking at the top line too much - and I nailed it every time. I suspect most people will love the more muted feeling. For me, one of the reasons I switched into the T100S from the i230 - apart from blade length - was for that addicting T100 feel. After a few shots though, thought they felt great. I will say: if you’re a great ball striker who doesn’t really need extra forgiveness, you may want to just stay at T100S.
  • Other observations:
    • The T200 in 4/5i are rocket launchers. I'm probably most excited about them. The T200 4i came within a few yards of my current fairway winder U5050 w/ Ventus Blue HYB 80S!
    • I hated the T350. Massive, clicky, massive offset. Would probably make a great driving iron but it only outgained the T200 by less than 1 mph ball speed so I stuck with what I liked.
    • The new utility iron was nice, but I stuck with my U505.
    • If you're in the market for a new shaft, check out the stock AMT S300. I'm a ~80-83 mph 7i SS and found it super easy to elevate the long irons and kept the weight on the short irons. Beat out my old gamer KBS Tour 120S and PX LZs.

FYI I ordered today and got an email saying "expected shipping August 1st". That can't be right, can it? Haha. The rep said it was taking 1-2 weeks on average. No cost savings from ordering directly with them, only expected build time.

So you are saying the t150 are the same size and shape as the 718 ap2? I hope because those were some of the best looking irons at address Titleist has made.