2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

New Graphite Design VF shafts - 2023 3M Open

GolfWRX_Spotted

55 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I'm shocked.  He still gets 170 to 178 ball speed on course which would put him in a TX.  Maybe it's a feel thing for him. 

His looks tipped 1"-1.5" by the look of the "Accuracy & Distance" logo. Even Joaquin Niemann and Mito Pereira only use 6X's in their AD DI's.

Interesting that tiger went from ventus black to the vf because I think the vf plays much softer. 

Maybe someone can confirm this for me?

Edited by The Ultimate Hack

WITB

Driver: Taylormade Qi10 Core - Ventus Blue+ 6x (45)

4 Wood: Taylormade Qi10 Core - Ventus Blue+ 7x

3 Utility: Mizuno 2024 Pro Fli-Hi - Ventus Blue HB 9x

Irons: Titleist T150 4,5 / T100 6-PW - MMT 125 TX

Wedges: SM10 Raw 52, 56, 60 - MMT 125 TX

Putter: Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Cruiser (35.5)

Balls: Titleist ProV1x

1 hour ago, phizzy30 said:

I'm shocked.  He still gets 170 to 178 ball speed on course which would put him in a TX.  Maybe it's a feel thing for him. 

Yes I have a 45” VF 6-TX Tipped 0.5” and I do NOT reach 180 ball speed (went TX as AD normally plays softer).

I need to sell and go down to X! 

1 hour ago, The Ultimate Hack said:

Interesting that tiger went from ventus black to the vf because I think the vf plays much softer. 

Well hes old and beat to hell so maybe he did it for that reason?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / '14 NWPT 2 + GPS

On 11/23/2023 at 7:16 AM, JLP_GOLF said:

So torn on what to do here.  Played and loved og black in driver/3w then switched in to TR blue which I also liked.  Higher launch with a touch more feel.  If I had to complain it would be TR blue can be hook prone compared to black and can feel whippy at times.  Im 120 plus with an aggressive transition.  Decision now is to go TR black or VF. 

my TR blue recently snapped during a light waggle pre shot routine and I don’t love the treatment from Fuji right now

If you ordered that shaft from a manufacturer with club you’ll be better going through them. I just broke my TR Blue 7X that I bought with OG stealth almost 2 years ago. Replaced immediately. Didn’t even have to send in old one

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BubbaBallesteros said:

His looks tipped 1"-1.5" by the look of the "Accuracy & Distance" logo. Even Joaquin Niemann and Mito Pereira only use 6X's in their AD DI's.

I've played the DI 7X tipped an inch when I was low 180's ball speed for many years back in the day and it was soft.  There was no TX flex back then for GD.  Hideki plays the 8TX if I remember correctly and is usually in the low to mid 170's even though he can touch 190.  I think it's a feel thing for these guys.   

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM Qi10 Tour 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

2 hours ago, The Ultimate Hack said:

Tiger's always preferred softer handle shafts.  DI, Whiteboard, CK Pro Orange, etc.  It's not a surprise that he made the switch to the VF because it's essentially GD's version of a white board but with smoother feel.  Ventus Black has a very stiff handle which I suspect Tiger didn't care much for.  I thought that he would've gamed the Diamana PD which is also a white board profile and I'm sure he tested it but maybe the numbers weren't quite there or he didn't like the feel. 

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 2

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

1 hour ago, DoubleDawg22 said:

Yes I have a 45” VF 6-TX Tipped 0.5” and I do NOT reach 180 ball speed (went TX as AD normally plays softer).

I need to sell and go down to X! 

You don't need 180 ball speed for TX.  GD recommends 110+ ss for TX flex.  That equates to around 160+ ball speed.  I'm 175 ball speed and TX fits me as X flex just isn't as stable enough and I need to keep spin down.  I also prefer something more stout in general. 

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 2

On 11/22/2023 at 7:49 PM, phizzy30 said:

I'll sum it up real quick for you.  VF is the XC on roids, IMO.  Launch and spin are similar with smoother feel.  It was also a little more stable/anti-left as well. 

Dammit, don't say that.  XC is my favorite GD shaft.  I thought I was done blowing my budget on driver shafts.  sigh.

• Haha 1

Titleist TSR3 10*: LA Golf Olyss 65S

Titleist TSi2 16.5*: Aldila Rogue Silver 125 70S

Titleist TSR3 19*:  LA Golf Ozik Black Tie 105S

Titleist TSi2 22*: Aldila Tour Blue 105TX

Grindworks PR-202 6-PW: Nippon Modus3 120X

Edel SMS 48*V / 60*T:  Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Grindworks Barrett 52* / 56*: Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Fastback

19 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Tiger's always preferred softer handle shafts.  DI, Whiteboard, CK Pro Orange, etc.  It's not a surprise that he made the switch to the VF because it's essentially GD's version of a white board but with smoother feel.  Ventus Black has a very stiff handle which I suspect Tiger's didn't care much for.  I thought that he would've gamed the Diamana PD which is also a white board profile and I'm sure he tested it but maybe the numbers weren't quite there or he didn't like the feel. 

Not really familiar with the white board shaft. 

WITB

Driver: Taylormade Qi10 Core - Ventus Blue+ 6x (45)

4 Wood: Taylormade Qi10 Core - Ventus Blue+ 7x

3 Utility: Mizuno 2024 Pro Fli-Hi - Ventus Blue HB 9x

Irons: Titleist T150 4,5 / T100 6-PW - MMT 125 TX

Wedges: SM10 Raw 52, 56, 60 - MMT 125 TX

Putter: Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Cruiser (35.5)

Balls: Titleist ProV1x

Just now, The Ultimate Hack said:

Not really familiar with the white board shaft. 

The OG Diamana white board.

whiteboard.jpg

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Tiger's always preferred softer handle shafts.  DI, Whiteboard, CK Pro Orange, etc.  It's not a surprise that he made the switch to the VF because it's essentially GD's version of a white board but with smoother feel.  Ventus Black has a very stiff handle which I suspect Tiger didn't care much for.  I thought that he would've gamed the Diamana PD which is also a white board profile and I'm sure he tested it but maybe the numbers weren't quite there or he didn't like the feel. 

I had the same thought about the Diamana PD -- @phizzy30, have you tested it? I'm curious how it stacks up against the VF. I'd imagine the PD would have a similarly soft handle but a stouter mid-section, but not sure and curious what others have seen.

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

Just now, eric61 said:

I had the same thought about the Diamana PD -- @phizzy30, have you tested it? I'm curious how it stacks up against the VF. I'd imagine the PD would have a similarly soft handle but a stouter mid-section, but not sure and curious what others have seen.

I had the PD last year.  PD and VF are actually very close in terms of EI profile.  However the PD is a very low launch/spin shaft whereas the VF launches a touch higher with similar spin.  What I found interesting is that the PD feels very linear and stout with no real kick to it whereas the VF is flat out super smooth and linear, yet I can feel just a slight unloading just under the handle.   

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, wagz2423 said:

If you ordered that shaft from a manufacturer with club you’ll be better going through them. I just broke my TR Blue 7X that I bought with OG stealth almost 2 years ago. Replaced immediately. Didn’t even have to send in old one

Problem is, I bought it second hand here through bst.  So I don’t have an original order to claim.  I’m understand why Fuji does this but would be awesome to see them stand by their product regardless of where you bought it.  There are ways to identify its authentic I’m sure?

TM 2024 BRNR Mini 11.5 Kai'li

TM Stealth plus 3 wood 15 degree, Ventus Blue TR 6x

TM Sim2 TI 5 wood, 18 degree 

Callaway UW '21, 21 degree

T100 2023, 4-pw, fujikura axiom 125x

Vokey SM10 50(f), 55(s), 60(m)

Odyssey White Hot OG 1 Wide, KBS graphite putter shaft

This is definitely going to be THE shaft of the year with the amount of interest so far with this thread. 

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 230 15.0 MCA Kaili Blue 70X

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cleveland RTX Full Face 2 58/8 DG Spinner

Scotty Cameron Phantom 5S 34” (Yes the Rife Phenom.Z 34” of 10+ years may be retired) 

24 minutes ago, Lemonde said:

This is definitely going to be THE shaft of the year with the amount of interest so far with this thread. 

On track to be the true "VENTUS FUC*ER"

@third-times-a-charm one of the great posts of 2023

Edited by Avidswampthing66
  • Haha 2

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

Butter Putter

Chrome Tour X

5 minutes ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

On track to be the true "VENTUS FUC*ER"

@third-times-a-charm one of the great posts of 2023

Have to admit I do like VFENTUS lol

• Haha 2

Scotty Cameron Phantom 5S 34” (Yes the Rife Phenom.Z 34” of 10+ years may be retired) 

Picked mine up a couple weeks ago and was able to get a round last weekend.  Snowing this week, so indoors until springtime.  No numbers to show, but on a 45-50* November day in Michigan, this was as good as anything I've had.

Plugged it in on the first tee, and managed to drive all but 1 fairway during the day, so was pretty blown away with it's first impressions.  Think right on par that it is very smooth and doesn't feel super stiff and yet it didn't play soft at all....it was very stable and pretty anti-left on a normal swing, but was still able to hit a draw if I needed too.

Think I'm in the minority that I just never got along with any of the Ventus shafts, and never thought they had much feel to them, yet they're pretty stable obviosly.....and on the other hand like a Kai'li white, which has been one of the best feeling that I've tried, but it plays much stiffer than it feels.

I had been using a 1K orange the last couple months and was having some great results and felt much better.  I think the VF feels pretty similar to the 1K Orange, but seemed to be a little stiffer in the tip section.  For me, I would occasionally have the 1k kick up on me to try and launch it and would miss low.  Didn't have any issues with that during the round.  

Honeymoon phase is in full effect and time will tell and have some trackman sessions to use over the winter so will have some numbers as well.  

• Like 3

Ai Smoke 9* 🔹🔹🔹w/ Accra TZ6 ST

OG Sim Ti 16.5 w/ D+ LTD 80TX

Cobra King Tec 19* w/ TZ6 95M5

T200-T150 4-PW w/ Accra TZi 115's

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 46* bent to 48* w/ Accra TZi 115

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 & 54* & Vokey SM9 58M* D grind w/ PX LS 6.0's

LAB DF3

Chrome Tour

28 minutes ago, jgreer1421 said:

Picked mine up a couple weeks ago and was able to get a round last weekend.  Snowing this week, so indoors until springtime.  No numbers to show, but on a 45-50* November day in Michigan, this was as good as anything I've had.

Plugged it in on the first tee, and managed to drive all but 1 fairway during the day, so was pretty blown away with it's first impressions.  Think right on par that it is very smooth and doesn't feel super stiff and yet it didn't play soft at all....it was very stable and pretty anti-left on a normal swing, but was still able to hit a draw if I needed too.

Think I'm in the minority that I just never got along with any of the Ventus shafts, and never thought they had much feel to them, yet they're pretty stable obviosly.....and on the other hand like a Kai'li white, which has been one of the best feeling that I've tried, but it plays much stiffer than it feels.

I had been using a 1K orange the last couple months and was having some great results and felt much better.  I think the VF feels pretty similar to the 1K Orange, but seemed to be a little stiffer in the tip section.  For me, I would occasionally have the 1k kick up on me to try and launch it and would miss low.  Didn't have any issues with that during the round.  

Honeymoon phase is in full effect and time will tell and have some trackman sessions to use over the winter so will have some numbers as well.  

What weight and flex do you have? 

17 minutes ago, Lemonde said:

What weight and flex do you have? 

Went 6TX, tipped 1".  45.5" playing length.......been playing 44.75-45" lately, but in true wrx fashion, built it longer to re-sale if it didn't work lol.

I would say I'm on the smoother transition side.  on TM, usually 120-125....so probably a 110-115 on course speed.

Edited by jgreer1421

Ai Smoke 9* 🔹🔹🔹w/ Accra TZ6 ST

OG Sim Ti 16.5 w/ D+ LTD 80TX

Cobra King Tec 19* w/ TZ6 95M5

T200-T150 4-PW w/ Accra TZi 115's

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 46* bent to 48* w/ Accra TZi 115

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 & 54* & Vokey SM9 58M* D grind w/ PX LS 6.0's

LAB DF3

Chrome Tour

I played my first round with a VF 5X, coming from TR Black 5X, and agree that @phizzy30 has summed this one up really well in this thread (albeit in bigger boy weights and flexes). VF feels like a half flex or so softer/friendlier OG Ventus Black to me with the softer handle. Very smooth shaft (more so than OG VB) while still having a lot of stability in mid through tip. 

For me, the VF 5X felt too soft in the handle for my tempo. When I was quick I left the face open too much, but when smooth it was mid height 5 yard draws (which I love to see, preferring a push draw). Dispersion was wider than the TR Black 5X. I don't think I've ever had a few rounds in a row, weeks apart with no practice, and such tight dispersion as the TR Black. But I don't love to feel so here I am...

I'll give the VF 5X another shot but might try to find a place to get a VF 6X to compare as well. A touch stiffer and probably still better feel then TR Black 5X (for me).

• Like 1

TSR3 9* - Diamana WB 63X

Mini Burner 13.5* - HZRDUS 4G 70 6.5

Cobra Radspeed Tour 5W - LAGP Trono 7S 

Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi 19* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

Srixon ZXU 4 23* - MMT 105 

ZX7 MKii 5-P - 120 X100

Fourteen RM 52/58 - Modus 125 Wedge

SC Champions Choice Newport 

Just now, Gtyler14 said:

Per sms on tour on instagram Tiger is using the 6tx

I figured as much.  6x is too soft for him IMO, even if it's tipped his usual 1.5 inches. 

8 hours ago, jgreer1421 said:

I love the way the 1K TPO and VF feel.  Very similar EI profiles as well.  VF seems a touch more stable/anti-left however. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jgreer1421 said:

From what I’ve been seeing this, the 1k orange, VF, DF and my Ventus blue CB should have a heck of a shootout for my Qi fitting 

Edited by Tommyboi95