Titleist T150s are gonna be all-timers

MtlJeff

6 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

I'm still really liking the irons. I took a video of me hitting some 7 irons the other day in my clubs new simulator bay. I think it illustrates in a sense what i like so much about them. I hit 6 shots, 2 of them are pushes, and 4 of them are draws i like to typically hit. But the 2 pushes went the exact same distance , and the 4 draws went the exact same distance. 

The launch is a bit different on a couple of the shots. Which i think shows you don't have to hit the club perfect, a little thin or a little high on the face, you can get a very consistent result. 

Plus, they are very sexy in the bag....which is good for me, since both my swing and me myself are ugly...

Don’t be so hard on yourself. This video is practically dripping sex appeal! It’s almost NSFW.

Glad to hear all the positive reviews. I still plan on grabbing a set of these in the spring. I will come on here all pumped about it and everyone else will have just moved on to some other shiny new thing. Timing impeccable as per usual. 

2 minutes ago, JetSpeed79 said:

Don’t be so hard on yourself. This video is practically dripping sex appeal! It’s almost NSFW.

Glad to hear all the positive reviews. I still plan on grabbing a set of these in the spring. I will come on here all pumped about it and everyone else will have just moved on to some other shiny new thing. Timing impeccable as per usual. 

I can promise you (this is big for me!) i'll still be playing them in the spring haha. I mean i can usually guarantee at least 9 months of usage

I also just bought Titleist woods and the LinksLegend bag.....i'm doing the whole poser thing. 

So i gotta run with this a bit

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

4 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

I'm still really liking the irons. I took a video of me hitting some 7 irons the other day in my clubs new simulator bay. I think it illustrates in a sense what i like so much about them. I hit 6 shots, 2 of them are pushes, and 4 of them are draws i like to typically hit. But the 2 pushes went the exact same distance , and the 4 draws went the exact same distance. 

The launch is a bit different on a couple of the shots. Which i think shows you don't have to hit the club perfect, a little thin or a little high on the face, you can get a very consistent result. 

Plus, they are very sexy in the bag....which is good for me, since both my swing and me myself are ugly...

Getting great distance and 3-4 of them ended up in about a 4 foot circle.

how are those coming in decent angle wise?  Do you have any issues holding a green?

15 minutes ago, Pnwpingi210 said:

Getting great distance and 3-4 of them ended up in about a 4 foot circle.

how are those coming in decent angle wise?  Do you have any issues holding a green?

I typically hit a lowish ball and spin is like 5500 with a 7 iron. It's not optimal, but I rarely have problems with anything 6 iron and up. Our greens run about 10-10.5 and are pretty big. 

I'm switching to a Prov1x to try and help. The ball I'm using here is a Prov1

One of my swings, like the 4th one I think, had optimal launch. But that is the rarity 

• Like 2

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

On 11/12/2023 at 5:52 PM, drscott266 said:

This. It’s evolutionary not revolutionary, although they do look way better to me at least than the previous T100S slightly thicker top line suits my eye, but I am currently gaming the new T200 mainly because I tried a lighter shaft and it’s suiting me. Hard to say if that shaft in the 150’s wouldn’t be just as good. 

However, is it true T150 are slightly wider soles v T100S?  I played T100S for a season and felt just slight misses heavy were severely punished due to thin soles.  So I went to PXG which had very similar profile but slightly wider soles and that helped a lot.  But oh those T150 irons... They sure are calling my name!  

18 minutes ago, CasualLie said:

However, is it true T150 are slightly wider soles v T100S?  I played T100S for a season and felt just slight misses heavy were severely punished due to thin soles.  So I went to PXG which had very similar profile but slightly wider soles and that helped a lot.  But oh those T150 irons... They sure are calling my name!  

I had both sets for a bit and I couldn’t tell a difference in the T150 beyond shape being squared in the sole. They are pretty thin, with sharp leading edges. I honestly have no complaints about my T200 set and find those soles more similar to older T100S soles, definitely a little wider 

28 minutes ago, CasualLie said:

Slightly larger soles, but still sharp leading edge and relatively flat with little bounce.  All pxgs soles will have significantly more bounce.

I had a fitting this morning at Club Champion and I ended up in the T150’s with KBS C Taper 130X. The focus of the fit was bringing the flight and spin down from my current T100 irons. The fitter had a printout of PGA tour averages and their average peak height with 6 iron is 90 feet. I was consistently in the 115 ft range and over 120 when the face was left open. Descent angle of around 48 and 6k spin. I have a shallow angle of attack and not much shaft lean. The fitter joked that I could probably back up a 4 iron. When I focused on leading with the hands a bit more, the flight came down substantially. Need to keep working on that. 

I have always been anti stronger lofted irons because I really don’t want more distance but the numbers were hard to argue with. The 44 degree PW is probably going to mess with my wedge gapping but the fitter said I could come down and do a follow up gapping session to see if it makes sense to weaken lofts a degree or so. 

This was the 3rd iron fit that I’ve done and it was hands down the best fit I’ve had. I have had one absolute nightmare fit where the guy was obviously just trying to sell me the most expensive shafts he could and another where the fitter basically said, your clubs are fine and didn't really try hard to find something better.

I was really happy with the feel of the T150’s and thought the size was perfect. Really looking forward to getting them in a couple of weeks. 

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

On 11/26/2023 at 6:17 PM, HokieNC said:

Yea fair, i think to super high end ball strikers the T100’s  can do more than you need, they have tons of tungsten. (Have 2021 t100’s)

Ultimately I think the T100/T150 addresses a huge market of the “better players” but no business playing blades world. 

Sounds like you should check out the Titleist CB? It’s a no frills traditional iron, lofts etc.

Yea that’s a good shout. I like the look of the CB, but I’ve never hit them. Their MPF rating is basically identical to my mp60s. When titleist comes out to do fittings at my club next year I think I’m going to do it. 

I’d like 8-P in the CB and 6-8 (1 strong) in the T150. That’s at least what would be comparable to my current setup.

itll be tough though because the 921 JPX forged is a great iron. 

Edited by bgfgolf
  • Like 1

Seeing tons of T150 sets on ebay. Are people just buying them and then figuring out it's not for them? 

• Like 1

WITB:

Woods: Ping G430 LST, Ping G430Max 3w, Ping G430 3Hybrid (20°) / Titleist T200 2iron

Irons: 2023 Titleist T150 (6-GW), T200 (4-5)

Wedges: 54D12°, 60M08° Wedges

Putter: SC Newport 2.5+ 34"

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, maximusppl said:

Seeing tons of T150 sets on ebay. Are people just buying them and then figuring out it's not for them? 

I think when people see them listed in the “players distance” category, being compared to P790s, MP 225s, etc. they don’t realize how much smaller and more intimidating they are to look down at until they’re out on the course and lose a bunch of confidence on the tee box 

• Like 3

Driver:           45" Titleist TSR3 Fujikura Ventus Velocore+ Blue 6X 
Fairway:        Titleist TSR2 3 Wood Mitsubishi 1K Black 75g X
Hybrid:          Titleist TSR2 4 Hybrid Mitsubishi 1k Black 85g X

Irons:             Mizuno Pro 243 Modus 105x
Wedges:       Blue Mizuno T24 50/56/60 
Putter:           LAB Golf Blue 37" CB DF3 w/ White Accra Shaft

Ball:               Pro V1/MaxFli Tour
Bag:               VESSEL Grey Player III Stand   

On 12/2/2023 at 7:13 PM, JStang said:

I had a fitting this morning at Club Champion and I ended up in the T150’s with KBS C Taper 130X. The focus of the fit was bringing the flight and spin down from my current T100 irons. The fitter had a printout of PGA tour averages and their average peak height with 6 iron is 90 feet. I was consistently in the 115 ft range and over 120 when the face was left open. Descent angle of around 48 and 6k spin. I have a shallow angle of attack and not much shaft lean. The fitter joked that I could probably back up a 4 iron. When I focused on leading with the hands a bit more, the flight came down substantially. Need to keep working on that. 

I have always been anti stronger lofted irons because I really don’t want more distance but the numbers were hard to argue with. The 44 degree PW is probably going to mess with my wedge gapping but the fitter said I could come down and do a follow up gapping session to see if it makes sense to weaken lofts a degree or so. 

This was the 3rd iron fit that I’ve done and it was hands down the best fit I’ve had. I have had one absolute nightmare fit where the guy was obviously just trying to sell me the most expensive shafts he could and another where the fitter basically said, your clubs are fine and didn't really try hard to find something better.

I was really happy with the feel of the T150’s and thought the size was perfect. Really looking forward to getting them in a couple of weeks. 

I had a similar experience being fitted for the T150. Went from T100/X100 to T150/PX 6.5 for better spin control. The extra distance wasn't really something I was looking for. Fitter helped with gapping at the bottom end of the bag, 44* PW isn't a huge concern anymore.

LTDx LS 11.5* - Tensei White 65X

G430 Max 15* - Ping Chrome 75S

King Tec Hybrid 19* - MMT 80S

T150 4-PW - PX 6.5

SM8 50F, 54S, 60M

White Hot OG 7CH

10 hours ago, snowmangolf said:

I think when people see them listed in the “players distance” category, being compared to P790s, MP 225s, etc. they don’t realize how much smaller and more intimidating they are to look down at until they’re out on the course and lose a bunch of confidence on the tee box 

11 hours ago, maximusppl said:

It's also winter so people unload equipment this time of year since they aren't playing and need money for the holidays. 

• Like 1

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

I'm getting ready to order my T150s and need to make a decision on the gap wedge. Can anyone share their experience with either of these options?

Option 1: Order T150 gap wedge and bend 1 degree weak to 49*; to go with 54* and 58* wedges

Option 2: Bend current 50* MG3 wedge 1 degree strong 

My gap wedge is a go-to club that I use often for layup par 5s and shorter par 4s. It's mostly a full swing club, but I also use it to chip around the greens when I have a lot of room between me and the flag.

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 9* |  Ventus Blue Velo 6S

TaylorMade Stealth+ 3W   | Ventus Blue Velo 7S

Titleist TSR3 5W | Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist TSR2 4H  |  Graphite Design AD-DI 85S

Titleist T150 5 - GW | Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105X

TaylorMade MG3 54*  58* | Dynamic Gold S400

TaylorMade Spider GT Notchback

Titleist Pro V1 | Srixon Z-Star Diamond

Anyone play these with a slower swing speed. My driver is 95 to 100 so not sure what that compares to 7 iron. But id guess on the tad bit slower side of average maybe? So how would that fit into the 150. I play other players irons with good results.. would the 150 be even better? Would i slightly gain yards?... i play  callaway 18mb.. zx7 og.. mizuno mp5... mizuno mmc20.. all with good results but just want a tad more distance. I might just go with T200..but curious.

Edited by iNeedMoreGolf

2 hours ago, zap311 said:

I'm getting ready to order my T150s and need to make a decision on the gap wedge. Can anyone share their experience with either of these options?

Option 1: Order T150 gap wedge and bend 1 degree weak to 49*; to go with 54* and 58* wedges

My gap wedge is a go-to club that I use often for layup par 5s and shorter par 4s. It's mostly a full swing club, but I also use it to chip around the greens when I have a lot of room between me and the flag.

Buy a t100 gw. Standard 50 degree. Problem solved. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S Driver

Callaway AI Smoke TD Tensei AV White 75 Stiff 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff Hybrids

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5 Irons

Cleveland RTX 6 48.10, 54.10, 60.12 TI DG Spinner Wedges

Ping Oslo 4 PLD Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

3 hours ago, iNeedMoreGolf said:

Anyone play these with a slower swing speed. My driver is 95 to 100 so not sure what that compares to 7 iron. But id guess on the tad bit slower side of average maybe? So how would that fit into the 150. I play other players irons with good results.. would the 150 be even better? Would i slightly gain yards?... i play  callaway 18mb.. zx7 og.. mizuno mp5... mizuno mmc20.. all with good results but just want a tad more distance. I might just go with T200..but curious.

My swing speed is similar.  The stronger lofts and low spin make 150 pretty easy for me with 7 iron.  On Trackman, numbers are about 150 carry, 160  total, 5000 spin, but IRL over 20 rounds, I see 145-150 carry with little release.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Steve P OAK said:

My swing speed is similar.  The stronger lofts and low spin make 150 pretty easy for me with 7 iron.  On Trackman, numbers are about 150 carry, 160  total, 5000 spin, but IRL over 20 rounds, I see 145-150 carry with little release.

That sounds about right and really good to me. How is the wear and tear on the 150? Havent seen too many pics of usage on them. Im torn between the two models but might be leaning t200 as i already have the players type irons in my arsenal lol.

21 hours ago, JStang said:

It's also winter so people unload equipment this time of year since they aren't playing and need money for the holidays. 

Saw some barely used heads that I was able to get at a really good price. Looks like I am building a 2nd set! 

WITB:

Woods: Ping G430 LST, Ping G430Max 3w, Ping G430 3Hybrid (20°) / Titleist T200 2iron

Irons: 2023 Titleist T150 (6-GW), T200 (4-5)

Wedges: 54D12°, 60M08° Wedges

Putter: SC Newport 2.5+ 34"

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I bought the previous version of T200 at release, enjoyed them, then got a set of T100s, they are fantastic , wanted a bit higher launch on 6-7, so got T1500, love em.

I took the T200 out for a round yesterday, was planning to take those on California trip, but decided the T150 is just better, so ordered the 8-G to complete my T150 set, T200 are getting sold.

• Like 2

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Just used my set yesterday for the first time. These are sic!!  Crazy long distances but consistent. I hit one off the toe and said that will be way short only to end up just short of pin high on the green. These are extremely forgiving. I did buy a t100 gw but sole is thinner and am going to switch it out for the t150 gw. Amazing irons. Not sure how they did it. I do appreciate I wasn’t hitting the short irons extra long so gapping was good.  Better than my mizuno mp20 mb irons I’ve played for last four seasons since I don’t have time to play as much anymore. I will say I’ve gained 15 yards per mid and long irons in these. 215 yard 5 iron is so nice.  

• Like 2

Ping Oslo 4 PLD Putter

TaylorMade TP5

On 12/6/2023 at 2:27 PM, iNeedMoreGolf said:

That sounds about right and really good to me. How is the wear and tear on the 150? Havent seen too many pics of usage on them. Im torn between the two models but might be leaning t200 as i already have the players type irons in my arsenal lol.

The backs are like the AP2s, where they show wear as the metal is soft, unlike Taylor Made P7XX bodies which are harder.

I tried the T200s at the store and did not like the look and feel as much, too similar to my P770s.  Thinner soles just seem to interact better with the turf with my swing.  Good luck with your choice!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 12/7/2023 at 6:01 AM, maximusppl said:

Saw some barely used heads that I was able to get at a really good price. Looks like I am building a 2nd set! 

Me too. Well a set with the PX LZ 6.0 on them. Mint 4-PW for a great deal. Need to give the shaft some time as they may be too soft as I can get a little aggressive, but excited for these. Really love the long irons. Afraid i may be moving to an almost full Titleist bag next year.

Edited by chinaski
  • Like 1

TSI3 9˚ AV White Raw 65X 

TSR2 15˚ Black 1K 75

Apex UW 19˚ RDX 80

T-150 4-PW - PX 6.0

RTX Zipcore Raw 48M/54M/60L 

Byron Morgan 029x PROTO-Carbon/2022 BB-1F

Pro V1X 

Sweet set for sure. I just ordered a 4 iron with hzrudus black 80 hybrid shaft. Can’t wait to try this. 

Ping Oslo 4 PLD Putter

TaylorMade TP5

12 hours ago, odshot68 said:

Sweet set for sure. I just ordered a 4 iron with hzrudus black 80 hybrid shaft. Can’t wait to try this. 

Keep us posted.  That's my shaft, which is a good thing for the price and Titleist stock.  I have been thinking of putting it into one of the new gen heads (350/200/150).  

TSi2 9° HZ Gen4 Black | TSi2 15° HZ Gen4 Black | Ts2 19° HZ Smoke Black 

T-200 6-48° AMT Black S300 | SM9 56° 60° S300 | Toulon Garage Memphis

8-G shipped, be here Thursday, and just happens to be a forecast of 50’s here in Iowa on Friday and Saturday, will get a test run before California in February 

• Like 1

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

On 12/6/2023 at 12:01 PM, zap311 said:

I went with th 48 Gap wdge in the T150 and I bent my 54 to 53 and that was a good solution for me.

Edited by Hat Trick
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hat Trick said:

I went with th 48 Gap wdge in the T150 and I bent my 54 to 53 and that was a good solution for me.

I have been debating this all morning. Was thinking 48/52/58 or 49/54/60(or 59) But I think I may get the t100 9 and PW and bend the 9 to 41. Rather bend strong then weak so I don't add bounce. That way I keep the same lofts as the Srixon z745 I have been playing for years. I really need some on course feedback to be sure. 

TSI3 9˚ AV White Raw 65X 

TSR2 15˚ Black 1K 75

Apex UW 19˚ RDX 80

T-150 4-PW - PX 6.0

RTX Zipcore Raw 48M/54M/60L 

Byron Morgan 029x PROTO-Carbon/2022 BB-1F

Pro V1X 

Just now, chinaski said:

I have been debating this all morning. Was thinking 48/52/58 or 49/54/60(or 59) But I think I may get the t100 9 and PW and bend the 9 to 41. Rather bend strong then weak so I don't add bounce. That way I keep the same lofts as the Srixon z745 I have been playing for years. I really need some on course feedback to be sure. 

I just bent my existing 50 degree gap wedge to 49. Still like having a specialty gap wedge, especially for shots around the green.

LTDx LS 11.5* - Tensei White 65X

G430 Max 15* - Ping Chrome 75S

King Tec Hybrid 19* - MMT 80S

T150 4-PW - PX 6.5

SM8 50F, 54S, 60M

White Hot OG 7CH