Titleist T150s are gonna be all-timers

MtlJeff

5 hours ago, Copacetic said:

They are good enough for Willy. Although that’s big stretch from 150 PW with extra loft and go to 50 SM10, would like to know what adjustments were made. 

IMG_3961.jpeg

Slightly shocked about the 350 3 iron in his bag.  That thing is offset and clunky and sound like aluminum.  So many other options.

• Like 1

TSi2 9° HZ Gen4 Black | TSi2 15° HZ Gen4 Black | Ts2 19° HZ Smoke Black 

T-200 6-48° AMT Black S300 | SM9 56° 60° S300 | Toulon Garage Memphis

I am buying a set of T150’s in the next week or so. Just testing some shafts right now. The numbers are too good not to put these in the bag. Been testing lower launching shafts than I usually would with these because of how high I’ve been hitting the 7 iron in the bay. 

Any recommendations on shaft? Coming from 2019 T100 in KBS Tour stiff+ shafts. 

As far as gapping goes. Was thinking T150 4-PW and bending the PW 1 weak to 45 and then playing a set of 50/54/58 Vokeys or RTX’s. Just wonder if that 5 degree gap is too big. 

Edited by OFore

Ping G430 Max 10.5* Alta CB Black 65 S

Titleist TSR2 15* Ventus Blue 7S

Titleist U505 20* HZRDUS Smoke RDX 6.5 80g

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW KBS Tour 120g Stiff

Titleist Vokey SM10 48.8F, 54.10S, 58.8M S300

Scotty Cameron Newport 2+

Titleist ProV1x

19 minutes ago, OFore said:

I am buying a set of T150’s in the next week or so. Just testing some shafts right now. The numbers are too good not to put these in the bag. Been testing lower launching shafts than I usually would with these because of how high I’ve been hitting the 7 iron in the bay. 

Any recommendations on shaft? Coming from 2019 T100 in KBS Tour stiff+ shafts. 

As far as gapping goes. Was thinking T150 4-PW and bending the PW 1 weak to 45 and then playing a set of 50/54/58 Vokeys or RTX’s. Just wonder if that 5 degree gap is too big. 

Maybe check out the AMT white which is a bit easier to transition to then the full blown S300

PX LZ and Modus 120 seem to be very common shafts in these heads but i'm not sure you'd see a big launch difference from KBS tour. 

• Like 2

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

On 1/2/2024 at 10:45 PM, NZ315 said:

Got a fitting in a couple weeks. Did anyone get the T150 irons bent 2degrees weak? I would like to dial them back a bit. Match the T100 lofts.

Currently have the T100S bent 2 weak and distance I get now is perfect. 

Not sure I want to switch from the T100S?

I did a Titleist fitting and have an order in for T150s PW-5 iron all 2 degrees weak except for the 5 iron at 1 degree weak so I’ll have 4 degree gaps between everything.  Probably won’t get them and have decent weather to test for a few weeks.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 5yddraw said:

I did a Titleist fitting and have an order in for T150s PW-5 iron all 2 degrees weak except for the 5 iron at 1 degree weak so I’ll have 4 degree gaps between everything.  Probably won’t get them and have decent weather to test for a few weeks.

Nice 👍. I currently have the 2023 T100 GW in the bag. See what the fitter recommends. But I plan on at least keeping the 23T100 GW in play. Might do like you 5-PW

I was a T150 hater initially...the shaft I got wasn't right for me. Just ordered another set with the Tour V shaft to see if that's better. 

• Haha 1

TSR2 8* w/ AD VF 7x

TSR3 15* w/ 1K White 80x

TSR2 3h w/ Ventus Blue 8x

G425 4&5H w/ Ventus Blue 9x

T150 6-P w/ KBS Tour V X
RTX6 Tour Rack 50/54/58

Mezz Max CB w/ TPT

19 hours ago, sleeper said:

hit them. liked them. but like my 223s and S55s better. glad I can save a little money this year

Get outta here with that talk!!!

Uncle Phil Throws Out Jazz GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 3

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Wanted the T150 to work for me but just got better and more consistent numbers with the T100. If I were to get the T150, I’d have to bend them weak to get the spin up. Even though they are 2 degrees weaker, I was carrying the T100 just as far in the 5 and 7 iron heads.

Normally I prefer to see an apex around 100-110 ft but with the T150, I could barely break 90 without changing my swing. Landing angles with a 7 iron were around 45 degrees compared to the T100 which were at 50*.

Edited by zrheisler22

25 minutes ago, zrheisler22 said:

Wanted the T150 to work for me but just got better and more consistent numbers with the T100. If I were to get the T150, I’d have to bend them weak to get the spin up. Even though they are 2 degrees weaker, I was carrying the T100 just as far in the 5 and 7 iron heads.

Normally I prefer to see an apex around 100-110 ft but with the T150, I could barely break 90 without changing my swing. Landing angles with a 7 iron were around 45 degrees compared to the T100 which were at 50*.

You're not the first.  Do you have more data?  Grass, CHS, AOA?

JNIK

50 minutes ago, zrheisler22 said:

This was always my experience with the T100S vs the T100 as well.  Wanted the distance of the S, but could never get the peak height/spin high enough to take advantage of the lower loft.  Same reason that as bad as I want to hit a set of 150's, I'm cautious that it will be the same story. I remember last year the selling point on the S from Titleist was for the player that wanted to lower their flight and peak height over the 100.

16 minutes ago, tipperi said:

This was always my experience with the T100S vs the T100 as well.  Wanted the distance of the S, but could never get the peak height/spin high enough to take advantage of the lower loft.  Same reason that as bad as I want to hit a set of 150's, I'm cautious that it will be the same story. I remember last year the selling point on the S from Titleist was for the player that wanted to lower their flight and peak height over the 100.

Same here. But I ended up getting the T100S then bending them 2 degrees weak to get height.

I mentioned earlier about lofting up the T150 you will have a slightly larger more forgiving iron head with the higher loft. I will find out next week 

47 minutes ago, Jeselnik said:

What do you guys think of the T150 sole and leading edge?

JNIK

Seems good to me. I definitely get in the turf a bit, have not experienced any issues.

i have recently played irons with bigger and smaller soles, mavrik pro, T200, then T100s, no issues with turf interaction with any.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

On 1/10/2024 at 10:46 AM, MtlJeff said:

Vokeys have a few options....so it will depend what type of grind you order

The T150 head and the Vokey head are actually not that different in size (i have SM9s), but the Vokey will appear more rounded whereas the T150 has harder edges. 

The SM9 is also a true blade so off the center off the face you'll notice more than with T150

If you order a standard vokey, for turf interaction i doubt you'd see a huge difference. I typically prefer to chip with a blade though and not a hotter type face

Vokey 48 degree only offers the F grind option which is their "full-shot" grind.

On 1/10/2024 at 12:55 PM, chinaski said:

Thanks. I was planning on checking them out in store later this week. Probably overthinking it. I prefer a bladed gap wedge for chipping and partial shots as well so leaning that direction since planning a 48/54/60 setup.

I think I am going to stay with Cleveland though. I already have a few to use and I prefer raw since I can add some relief if I want. Also like a clear visual break between wedges and irons. Vokey charges too much for raw IMO. 

I have that exact gapping and it works for me.  I play the T150s 4 - PW, SM9 48F, 54S, 60L.  I don't mind the 6 degree gaps because I enjoy playing around with ball position, half swings, and face angle to hit a number. 

On 1/8/2024 at 9:18 AM, chinaski said:

Can anyone compare the grind/bounce difference between the T150 48 and the vokey 48/10?

The Vokey 48F, plays very much like a standard wedge bounce.  The club feels good for full to 3/4 swings off tight fairways. Useful for greenside bump and runs or pitches you're looking to roll out.  All other greenside wedge play, I prefer to use my 54 or 60 degree.  My main reason for going with it vs the T150 gap wedge is the consistency off the face.  Trying to avoid a "hotter" face closer to the green when I'm just looking for control. 

Edited by H.L. Chen
  • Like 1

Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus TR Red 
Titleist TSR2+ 14.5* Ventus TR Red
Titleist TSR3 19* 3 Hybrid
Titleist T150 4-PW PX6.0 LZ

Titleist Vokey SM9 48*F / 54*S / 60*L DG TI Onyx S400
Mizuno OMOI 6

9 minutes ago, jt2gt said:

Anyone know if the T150 are about the size of the Cobra King Tours or compared to the zx7.  I’m assuming smaller than both still, is that correct. 

I would say they are pretty similar to the ZX7 , have not held the Cobras

If they are smaller then ZX7's, it's not in any meaningful or noticeable way

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

23 hours ago, Warrick said:

Seems good to me. I definitely get in the turf a bit, have not experienced any issues.

i have recently played irons with bigger and smaller soles, mavrik pro, T200, then T100s, no issues with turf interaction with any.

I also take slightly bigger divots with the T150 than i did with my PXGs or Sub70.....i'm not 100% sure why, could be a lie angle thing too maybe

But no issues or anything off any kind of lie. I'm not a huge divot guy so even with these it's still pretty small

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Just got my T150’s from Discount Dan’s and they so far are the best irons I have ever played. The fitting numbers were really clear that the combo of these with AMT black S300 shafts were by far the best. I have always been a DGS300 with 130 gram stiff shafts guy and went to a fitting to see if that is still the case. My ball speeds with this setup were consistently around 117-120 mph and my other options were much less consistent with ball speed.

I finally got my T150 set in my new preferred modus 105 shaft to compare against my full T200 set. I still have the 5-6 irons in T200 but now have 7-GW in T150. The T150 are definitely less forgiving to me, but not massively so. The T200 mid to short irons just launch effortlessly, but again that’s to be expected.  I don’t think it’s night and day and I’ll likely keep the combo set in play since weather here is very cold it’s not exactly club testing season. I shot basically the same score with either set so far, but on range I saw more sideways shots from T150 then I ever saw with T200 in the 7-8 iron. Hope that helps, feel is obviously different between the 2 sets and I honestly don’t think the T200 feel that bad.  I think the extra control will show up when it’s warmer but in this weather it’s extra club season and swing full. 

Edited by drscott266
  • Like 1

I picked up a set with PX LZ 6.0 and not loving them.  This was a project I was hoping to work on the cold days when I don't have the club speed and ball striking to play my P7MB's.  I pulled the 7 iron and put in a MMT 125 Stiff and just not working.  I will give it a shot again today but may be unloading and trying something different.  Probably should have picked up the T100's instead.  With everyone saying so many positive things figured I would give it a shot.  

They do look good other than a little bigger than I am used too.

TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 9 Ventus Velocore Blue 6x Tipped 1 inch

TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 3 wood Ventus Velocore Red TR 7x

TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood Ventus Velocore Red TR 7x

TaylorMade 2023 P7MB P-5 MMT 125 TX & P7MC 4 MMT 125TX  Soft Stepped

PXG SDII 50(51), SD II Full Face 54 (55) and TM MG4 60 (59)

Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour Rat GSS

On 1/13/2024 at 9:55 AM, jt2gt said:

Anyone know if the T150 are about the size of the Cobra King Tours or compared to the zx7.  I’m assuming smaller than both still, is that correct. 

Similar length to ZX7 but thinner topline. I think the Cobra tours are shorter heel to toe. Cobra has thicker topline than T150, but smaller then Zx7. 

Edited by chinaski
sp

TSI3 9˚ AV White Raw 65X 

TSR2 15˚ Black 1K 75

Apex UW 19˚ RDX 80

T-150 4-PW - PX 6.0

RTX Zipcore Raw 48M/54M/60L 

Byron Morgan 029x PROTO-Carbon/2022 BB-1F

Pro V1X 

I have to recant my previous statement about going with the T150's. Ended up changing to the T100's. Much less forgiving obviously but higher ball flight and more spin. The 150's also went further than my old set which I didn't like T100 are "True" lofted and get the same distance as my Nike Vapor Fly Pro's with the better flight and spin. I still think the 150's are great but they didn't fit my game as well as the T100's

I got out yesterday for 9 for the first time since picking these up. Absolutely loved them. Threw a couple of darts in tight within 10 ft. including a 186 yard par 3.  Ended up hitting 7 GIR's and the two missed were a poor sand wedge swing and a thinned 9 iron that came up a half club short 

I think they are the perfect size and they got through the turf really well. Looking forward to getting back out. 

• Like 2

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

Can 150 users speak to the turf interaction. I am a steep AoA player with irons. The square-ish sole of the 150, and the seemingly sharp leading edge has me concerned about digging. 

Titleist TSR3 08.00 – Ventus Red 065x

Titleist TSR2 14.50 – Tour AD DI 075x

Titleist TSR2 18.00 – Tour AD DI 085x

Titleist TSR2 21.00 – Tour AD DI 095x

Titleist TSR2 24.00 – Tour AD DI 105x

Titleist T100 6i 7i 8i 9i – Tour X100

Titleist SM09 46 50 54 60 – Tour S400

Titleist Pro V1 56 – White Hot OG5 CS

1 hour ago, uglande said:

Can 150 users speak to the turf interaction. I am a steep AoA player with irons. The square-ish sole of the 150, and the seemingly sharp leading edge has me concerned about digging. 

I wouldn't say the leading edge is that sharp. Definitely less than the 659CB i came from....it kinda rounds into the sole smoothly

I do take a bit larger divot than with other irons i've used, but i should also say the T150s are the biggest heads i've used in 3 years. It could just be that too

• Like 1

Deschamps Crisp Antique