2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Titleist T150s are gonna be all-timers

MtlJeff

On 1/15/2024 at 10:08 AM, chinaski said:

Similar length to ZX7 but thinner topline. I think the Cobra tours are shorter heel to toe. Cobra has thicker topline than T150, but smaller then Zx7. 

I got a chance to look at the King Tours side by side. They are about the same length. Top is a tiny bit thicker, but not much. They look great.

Really wish Srixon would thin and soften the Zx7 topline more like the Z745. It looks garish in comparison to T150 and King Tour. 

TSI3 9˚ AV White Raw 65X 

TSR2 15˚ Black 1K 75

Apex UW 19˚ RDX 80

T-150 4-PW - PX 6.0

RTX Zipcore Raw 48M/54M/60L 

Byron Morgan 029x PROTO-Carbon/2022 BB-1F

Pro V1X 

7 hours ago, uglande said:

Can 150 users speak to the turf interaction. I am a steep AoA player with irons. The square-ish sole of the 150, and the seemingly sharp leading edge has me concerned about digging. 

It’s sharper than previous Titleist models, but not more or less than the T100S last gen. The lack of pre worn leading edge is noticeable to me

So I’ve got two rounds with mine and don’t like the turf interaction on mine. They tend to dig and inconsistent distances. Not sure they will stay in the bag. 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S Driver

Callaway AI Smoke TD Tensei AV White 75 Stiff 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff Hybrids

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5 Irons

Cleveland CBX4 50, 56, 60 KBS HI-REV 2.0 115 Wedges

Odyssey Dual Force Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

Had my T150 fitting today.

What I did not end up getting: T150s, haha! These are great clubs for the right person but they just weren't a fit for me. I lost too much ball speed on off center strikes (5-8 mph when I needed to be more in the 2mph-ish range). I also needed a little more help launching the ball higher. The T150s were more of a mid flight for me (7i ss 89-ish). I wanted to walk away with a set of these so bad, but there comes a time in a fitting where you have to put your ego in check and swallow the bitter pill that the club you want is not the club that's right for you. Bottom line: my ball striking is just not quite good enough to make the T150s a reliable option. Below is a pic of my current 7i and you can see the wear pattern is all over the place 😂.

What I did end up getting: a combo set, CNCPT CP-02 6-PW and T200 4i-5i. This was one of a couple of developments today that absolutely blew my mind. The CNCPT line wasn't even on my radar heading into this fitting. I was vaguely aware of them but didn't know much. The price tag alone was enough to make me skim past them. But it's a fitting right? Why not give them a shot?

I knew right away that I was in trouble when the fitter brought out the James Bond attaché with the CNCPT heads in custom cut foam (I could practically feel my amex burrowing further into my wallet in an attempt to escape). But these clubs were just sooo sooo good for me. They were easy to hit, high launching, and forgiving. They had a great feel, slightly softer than the T series. All the numbers worked. These things felt like black magic to me. How does something with a MB look feel so easy to hit? It was unbelievable. The 7i felt like hitting a PW. I glared at my fitter and told him I was there shopping for a Honda Accord and he has me test driving a Ferrari. How dare he!

According to the fitter the CP-02s fall in between the T150 and T200 forgiveness wise. If I had stayed in the T series the T200s would have been the right option for me but they felt almost exactly like what I have now (PXG Gen 5P), which is to say a players distance iron with a hot face. Nothing wrong with that, but it wasn't what I was looking for. Bottom line: The CNCPT felt the best (by a lot), and had the best numbers. Analytically it was a fairly easy decision, but they were also just the most fun to hit. The price wasn't as steep as I expected, coming in somewhere around $2500 ish for the full combo set.  It helps a little that with the CNCPT line all shafts and grips are free (even exotic ones). 

Speaking of shafts, now for the second mind blower of the day. I made about the biggest shaft change imaginable: from modus 105s to dynamic gold s400 (132). Insanity! All the way from really light to full on heavy. We started with my 105s, and then moved on to the project x 110. Those worked better. Then I hit a few with another shaft (with good results) and asked what weight it was: 

Him: If I asked you what weight you felt like it was what would you guess?

Me: I dunno. Feels really good though, maybe 115?

Him: It's 130. 132 to be exact.

Me: Whoa!

I kept hitting that shaft with multiple heads and it just kept working. I have a tendency to get through the ball too quickly and miss to the left. The heavier shaft helped smooth out my tempo and sequencing and was giving me much better results with basically the same swing. It also felt great, just very smooth. I thought with a heavier shaft I would fatigue quickly but after hitting it for most of the one hour fitting I felt great. 

TLDR: my sketchy ball striking made the T150s the wrong option for me. The CNCPT CP-02s with a heavier shaft were truly amazing. Can't wait for these to show up. 

@MtlJeff You still have me beat with a full Titleist bag, but I think with today's CNCPT iron purchase I've earned some serious poser points. I'm not sure how many, but it feels like a lot.

20240118_122248.jpeg

Image.jpeg

20240118_095452.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JetSpeed79 said:

What I did not end up getting: T150s, haha! These are great clubs for the right person but they just weren't a fit for me. I lost too much ball speed on off center strikes (5-8 mph when I needed to be more in the 2mph-ish range). I also needed a little more help launching the ball higher. The T150s were more of a mid flight for me (7i ss 89-ish). I wanted to walk away with a set of these so bad, but there comes a time in a fitting where you have to put your ego in check and swallow the bitter pill that the club you want is not the club that's right for you. Bottom line: my ball striking is just not quite good enough to make the T150s a reliable option. Below is a pic of my current 7i and you can see the wear pattern is all over the place 😂.

What I did end up getting: a combo set, CNCPT CP-02 6-PW and T200 4i-5i. This was one of a couple of developments today that absolutely blew my mind. The CNCPT line wasn't even on my radar heading into this fitting. I was vaguely aware of them but didn't know much. The price tag alone was enough to make me skim past them. But it's a fitting right? Why not give them a shot?

I knew right away that I was in trouble when the fitter brought out the James Bond attaché with the CNCPT heads in custom cut foam (I could practically feel my amex burrowing further into my wallet in an attempt to escape). But these clubs were just sooo sooo good for me. They were easy to hit, high launching, and forgiving. They had a great feel, slightly softer than the T series. All the numbers worked. These things felt like black magic to me. How does something with a MB look feel so easy to hit? It was unbelievable. The 7i felt like hitting a PW. I glared at my fitter and told him I was there shopping for a Honda Accord and he has me test driving a Ferrari. How dare he!

According to the fitter the CP-02s fall in between the T150 and T200 forgiveness wise. If I had stayed in the T series the T200s would have been the right option for me but they felt almost exactly like what I have now (PXG Gen 5P), which is to say a players distance iron with a hot face. Nothing wrong with that, but it wasn't what I was looking for. Bottom line: The CNCPT felt the best (by a lot), and had the best numbers. Analytically it was a fairly easy decision, but they were also just the most fun to hit. The price wasn't as steep as I expected, coming in somewhere around $2500 ish for the full combo set.  It helps a little that with the CNCPT line all shafts and grips are free (even exotic ones). 

Speaking of shafts, now for the second mind blower of the day. I made about the biggest shaft change imaginable: from modus 105s to dynamic gold s400 (132). Insanity! All the way from really light to full on heavy. We started with my 105s, and then moved on to the project x 110. Those worked better. Then I hit a few with another shaft (with good results) and asked what weight it was: 

I kept hitting that shaft with multiple heads and it just kept working. I have a tendency to get through the ball too quickly and miss to the left. The heavier shaft helped smooth out my tempo and sequencing and was giving me much better results with basically the same swing. It also felt great, just very smooth. I thought with a heavier shaft I would fatigue quickly but after hitting it for most of the one hour fitting I felt great. 

TLDR: my sketchy ball striking made the T150s the wrong option for me. The CNCPT CP-02s with a heavier shaft were truly amazing. Can't wait for these to show up. 

@MtlJeff You still have me beat with a full Titleist bag, but I think with today's CNCPT iron purchase I've earned some serious poser points. I'm not sure how many, but it feels like a lot.

20240118_122248.jpeg

Image.jpeg

20240118_095452.jpeg

Those are some sweet looking sticks man

But you aren't just gonna throw those in some run of the mill bag are you?

2 words (actually one word) = LinksLegend

That is all

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

2 hours ago, JetSpeed79 said:

20240118_122248.jpeg

Image.jpeg

20240118_095452.jpeg

Great post and glad you went with what worked on the day. This made me chuckle "I could practically feel my amex burrowing further into my wallet in an attempt to escape..." Turns out the little fella didn't need to be so scared. 

• Haha 1

G430 LST 9*
G15 17.5*
G425 19*
W/S Blade 3-P
S22 51* Zipcore 56* S20 60*
Sigma 2 Arna Stealth

22 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

Those are some sweet looking sticks man

But you aren't just gonna throw those in some run of the mill bag are you?

2 words (actually one word) = LinksLegend

That is all

Oddly enough both of my current bags are Titleist (one cart, one stand). I’ve felt a little weird about it since I haven’t owned any Titleist clubs in years. I’ve justified this by remembering that I at least play their balls. Pretty flimsy though lol. 

Speaking of, I also found out today that I’d be better off playing the Pro V1x or the left dash over the Pro V1 (which I currently play). Lots of learning going on here.

On 1/11/2024 at 7:29 AM, OFore said:

I am buying a set of T150’s in the next week or so. Just testing some shafts right now. The numbers are too good not to put these in the bag. Been testing lower launching shafts than I usually would with these because of how high I’ve been hitting the 7 iron in the bay. 

Any recommendations on shaft? Coming from 2019 T100 in KBS Tour stiff+ shafts. 

As far as gapping goes. Was thinking T150 4-PW and bending the PW 1 weak to 45 and then playing a set of 50/54/58 Vokeys or RTX’s. Just wonder if that 5 degree gap is too big. 

I have been doing that for past 2 years and it’s been great. T100-s pw bent 1* weak to 45*, 50* gap wedge, 54-S grind (bent to 55*), 60* lob wedge. It took me a few weeks of playing to know what distance range i had with each club, but after that i went flag hunting. Or tried to, lol.

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST MaxLS 9*w/Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s

Callaway Epic Flash sz 15* /Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7s

Titleist Tsi2 hybrid 18* /GD Tour AD IZ 85x

Titleist T-100s 4-GW /PX Lz 6.0

Titleist SM9 54-12d, 60-10s /PX Lz 6.0

Bettinardi BBzero

3 hours ago, JetSpeed79 said:

Oddly enough both of my current bags are Titleist (one cart, one stand). I’ve felt a little weird about it since I haven’t owned any Titleist clubs in years. I’ve justified this by remembering that I at least play their balls. Pretty flimsy though lol. 

Speaking of, I also found out today that I’d be better off playing the Pro V1x or the left dash over the Pro V1 (which I currently play). Lots of learning going on here.

What did you like better about the ProV1x? I gotta be honest i've done like hours and hours of trackman testing between the 2 balls and for the life of me i can't get different numbers between them....other than the fact that the X feels firmer. Is it a short game thing? That's the only thing i haven't tested

I did a whole thread on the fact that i put up exactly the same numbers between ProV and ProV1x ---Height, spin , launch , carry etc.....i think they are the same ball but the X they put in a freezer for 20 mins so it feels harder

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

32 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

What did you like better about the ProV1x? I gotta be honest i've done like hours and hours of trackman testing between the 2 balls and for the life of me i can't get different numbers between them....other than the fact that the X feels firmer. Is it a short game thing? That's the only thing i haven't tested

I did a whole thread on the fact that i put up exactly the same numbers between ProV and ProV1x ---Height, spin , launch , carry etc.....i think they are the same ball but the X they put in a freezer for 20 mins so it feels harder

I didn’t actually get to test them, it was just a comment the fitter threw in almost as an aside. This was a Titleist fitting booked through their website so I’m assuming he does ball fittings too.

The only difference I’ve ever noticed between the two was a little higher ball flight with the X, and that was only on drives. Maybe he was recommending it for higher trajectory on my mid and long irons. Not sure. 

I will probably do a wedge fitting with this guy in Feb when the SM10 becomes available. I may do some short game comparisons then, but I don’t remember much of a difference there. They’ve always performed identically for me around the greens. The AVX is another story. Much more roll out there, which I didn’t care for. 

I’ve never even seen a left dash in the wild. 

Went to order these today but Titleist said MMT shaft is backordered until mid February. I leave for trip February 15th. They said the last two shipments have not past QC for Titleist. They do have recoil 95 in stock, which I’ve played before. Hit Ping BPS and 243 today. T150 still first, 2nd BPS (price 🤢), third 243. 

2 minutes ago, cmc92 said:

Combo set in the mail of 150/100.  Can't wait to get my hands on them.  Looking forward to gaming these once the snow melts!

Fitting Thursday and this is what I got in my mind going into it. Not sure where I will change to the 150. Where did you combo at?

Going in open minded. 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2024 at 2:06 PM, Copacetic said:

They are good enough for Willy. Although that’s big stretch from 150 PW with extra loft and go to 50 SM10, would like to know what adjustments were made. 

IMG_3961.jpeg

You’re worried about 44° to 50° but not 54° to 60°?

I find it much easier to adjust distances in the short irons/wedges so that gapping works fine.  As you see in my sig I do the same 6° gap between pw and 50° gap and again 6° between gap and sand wedge.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Finally got to a range with decent balls with my T100 irons. So glad I went with them. They go just as far as my old ones if not a bit further on the long irons and feel amazing. I was on the fence between these and the 150s. Went with KBS tour shafts 1/2 long (1/2 shorter than my old set), with mid size grips. I think these will be a game changer for me. They look better from above and the feel is next level. Not saying don’t go 150 but if you are on the fence I would be hard pressed to recommend them to a single digit handicap. The height and spin are more than worth it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NZ315 said:

That’s exciting what I was looking at. What lofts did you use to match up?

But I think my fitter is leaning towards T100 up to 6iron then just a 5i T150

1 weak with the 150's and 1 strong with the 100's.  Fit my current #'s nicely.  Need a new 50 Vokey now!  Just haven't got it yet...plenty of time though as still have about 8 weeks of ice/snow.  smh

15 hours ago, Shilgy said:

You’re worried about 44° to 50° but not 54° to 60°?

I find it much easier to adjust distances in the short irons/wedges so that gapping works fine.  As you see in my sig I do the same 6° gap between pw and 50° gap and again 6° between gap and sand wedge.

But that’s exactly it, 54 to 60 is a non issue, can adjust easily and hardly any full swings with 60 for me, 46 and 50 and much more full swing clubs, or close to full swing anyway. As it happens they also the range of most of my approach shots along with 9 iron. So the gaps in those clubs are most important for me. 

Tsr2 Kai-li white 60g

tsr2 16.5 tensei av raw white 75g

tsr2 20 degree, tensei av raw white 90g

T200/T150/T100 PX Lz

sm9 54.10S/60.4T

odyssey Toulon Daytona
Pro V1

Wonder if this will happen to anyone else.  The T200 long irons felt less forgiving than my T150s.  Ordered 4-5-6 T150 and they feel so much better.  Also call me crazy but they seem more forgiving.

TSi2 9° HZ Gen4 Black | TSi2 15° HZ Gen4 Black | Ts2 19° HZ Smoke Black 

T-200 6-48° AMT Black S300 | SM9 56° 60° S300 | Toulon Garage Memphis

Pulled the trigger on T150 7-PW this morning to combo with my 21' T200 4-6.  My 200's are 2 weak to combo with my current 21' 100's, ordered the 150's 1 weak so the gap between the 6 and 7 will be 30 to 33. 

Not expecting a big difference from the 21 T100's to the 150's except for maybe in the 7i , can anyone who's played both confirm the short irons are pretty close?  Greens at my club can get very slick and hard in spring and summer, hoping the 1 weak 150's can give me a touch more height and stopping power., specifically from the rough. If I could trade height for a little less spin that would be a win across the board.

Edited by tipperi

On 1/18/2024 at 8:36 PM, MtlJeff said:

I've had the same indoor experience with both balls, but on course is where i see the difference.  I think the difference in the dimple pattern plays a huge part, the X always plays with more "lift" for me.  It's a weird sensation, but at times it almost looks like its balooning on well struck shots but it always carry's the intended number.  

I'm an X player all year long because I want the height more than anything else, and it is noticeable for me.  This winter I've actually played more Left Dash as it hits a window close to the X but holds its line much better in the wind.  

19 hours ago, stimpmeterp said:

Wonder if this will happen to anyone else.  The T200 long irons felt less forgiving than my T150s.  Ordered 4-5-6 T150 and they feel so much better.  Also call me crazy but they seem more forgiving.

Absolutely. I had the T200 5 iron with a set of T100 irons ('21) and was more consistent with the T100 5 iron. The T200 felt springy on center strikes, but pretty crappy and just lest stable and solid on anything slightly off center. And they didn't do well with shots low on the face. Thin shots were much better with the T100. 

Edited by uglande
typo

Titleist TSR3 08.00 – Ventus Red 065x

Titleist TSR2 14.50 – Tour AD DI 075x

Titleist TSR2 18.00 – Tour AD DI 085x

Titleist TSR2 21.00 – Tour AD DI 095x

Titleist TSR2 24.00 – Tour AD DI 105x

Titleist T100 6i 7i 8i 9i – Tour X100

Titleist SM09 46 50 54 60 – Tour S400

Titleist Pro V1 56 – White Hot OG5 CS

2 hours ago, tipperi said:

I've had the same indoor experience with both balls, but on course is where i see the difference.  I think the difference in the dimple pattern plays a huge part, the X always plays with more "lift" for me.  It's a weird sensation, but at times it almost looks like its balooning on well struck shots but it always carry's the intended number.  

I'm an X player all year long because I want the height more than anything else, and it is noticeable for me.  This winter I've actually played more Left Dash as it hits a window close to the X but holds its line much better in the wind.  

Thanks for the feedback, I'm definitely interested in seeing the results outdoors

It's true that sometimes trackman does not tell the whole story!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

57 minutes ago, uglande said:

Absolutely. I had the T200 5 iron with a set of T100 irons ('21) and was more consistent with the T100 5 iron. The T200 felt springy on center strikes, but pretty crappy and just lest stable and solid on anything slightly off center. And they didn't do well with shots low on the face. Thin shots were much better with the T100. 

Agreed.  Springy and slightly nickel-y.

TSi2 9° HZ Gen4 Black | TSi2 15° HZ Gen4 Black | Ts2 19° HZ Smoke Black 

T-200 6-48° AMT Black S300 | SM9 56° 60° S300 | Toulon Garage Memphis