2024 The Memorial Tournament WITB Pics & New Titleist GT woods ×

Titleist T150s are gonna be all-timers

MtlJeff

I hit a slight baby draw T150 6i into a 186 yard par 3 today that landed about 10ft right of the pin and it was the best feeling/sounding golf shot I have ever experienced in my entire life. Nippon 120 Tour S shafts. 

For context, I’m playing at an 11 and I’ve really been working on my iron striking lately. There’s no doubt that had something to do with it too, but regardless I’ll be chasing that feeling for the rest of my life. 

• Like 4

Driver:           45" Titleist TSR3 Fujikura Ventus Velocore+ Blue 6X 
Fairway:        Titleist TSR2 3 Wood Mitsubishi 1K Black 75g X
Hybrid:          Titleist TSR2 4 Hybrid Mitsubishi 1k Black 85g X

Irons:             Mizuno Pro 243 Modus 105x
Wedges:       Blue Mizuno T24 50/56/60 
Putter:           LAB Golf Blue 37" CB DF3 w/ White Accra Shaft

Ball:               Pro V1/MaxFli Tour
Bag:               VESSEL Grey Player III Stand   

Well, I’ll see myself out of this thread now, Lol.

I was asking about if the T150’s are forgiving and if they compare to the P770’s because I only started playing Golf in June 2020 and I’m still trying to figure it all out.

All good though, carry on. Ill See Myself Out GIF by 99.1 The Mix

• Haha 2

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-7), ZX7 MK II (8-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide

WITB on WRX

45 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Well, I’ll see myself out of this thread now, Lol.

I was asking about if the T150’s are forgiving and if they compare to the P770’s because I only started playing Golf in June 2020 and I’m still trying to figure it all out.

All good though, carry on. Ill See Myself Out GIF by 99.1 The Mix

The answer is…..yes! 🙂

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

My best advice if you are looking for a friendly, welcoming thread is to check out the LIV golf one in the Tour section!

I would have gone with posting that you should get relief from divots in the fairway in the rules forum.

Edited by GolfTurkey
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

My best advice if you are looking for a friendly, welcoming thread is to check out the LIV golf one in the Tour section!

Bahaha!!!

No way I’m jumping into that pool of lava, Lol!!

• Haha 2

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-7), ZX7 MK II (8-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide

WITB on WRX

40 minutes ago, 055 said:

What are the details and location?

17 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

Was gonna ask the same thing.

Make that triple 🤣

• Haha 1

Cobra DARKSPEED LS 10.5° (Lofted Down To 9°) |  Graphite Design Tour AD VF 5x
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15°  | KBS TD 70 (Category 5)

Cobra King Forged Tec Black 3 Iron  |  Graphite Design Tour AD DI 105x

Cobra King Forged Tec Black 4 Iron  |  LA Golf L-Series 120 (5)
Cobra King Tour 5-PW  |  LA Golf L-Series 120 (5)
Titleist SM8 50° |   LA Golf L-Series 120 (5)

Titleist SM8 55°, 60°  |  Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 125 TX
Scotty Cameron Custom Jet Set NP2  |  Mitsubishi MMT Putter Concept
TaylorMade  TP5 Pix

T150s are the first set of irons that may finally quench this club ho’s thirst. No matter the irons, I was always left wanting more (better feel, more consistent distance control, some forgiveness, a sole that wasn’t too thick or didn’t dig). They look great, feel great, go thru the turf great, consistent yardages, and still have some forgiveness. All around great iron.

• Like 2

So, on just the T150 short irons, 8-PW,48, do they also have the dual tungsten heel/toe weighting?  Since they do not have the elastomer insert, is there still a cavity hidden under the "muscle" back, or is it solid steel?  I am just trying to get an idea if the short irons are more blade like in forgiveness or forgiving like a cavity back.  I play the ZX7 now (3yrs) and the looks alone of the T150 are getting my attention.  I don't want to make the switch if the 8-PW are not as forgiving as the Zx7 or I230.  Unless I drive several hrs,  I have no way of trying them on real turf other than ordering a single iron and testing it.

9 minutes ago, tdeutmeyer said:

So, on just the T150 short irons, 8-PW,48, do they also have the dual tungsten heel/toe weighting?  Since they do not have the elastomer insert, is there still a cavity hidden under the "muscle" back, or is it solid steel?  I am just trying to get an idea if the short irons are more blade like in forgiveness or forgiving like a cavity back.  I play the ZX7 now (3yrs) and the looks alone of the T150 are getting my attention.  I don't want to make the switch if the 8-PW are not as forgiving as the Zx7 or I230.  Unless I drive several hrs,  I have no way of trying them on real turf other than ordering a single iron and testing it.

They will be similar in forgiveness to zx7.  Less forgiving than i210 for most players.

the main difference is going to be soles….t150 flat and narrow (comparatively), zx7 wide and vsole, i210 widest with bounce.

• Thanks 1

The T150 short irons are awesome. I feel lack any lack of forgiveness in these clubs is due solely to the fact that they are a good bit smaller than something like the i210. Anything close to the middle gives a good result.

Although my testing has been pretty limited so far, the biggest benefit of these for me is that I'm finding them really easy to flight up or down, and the thinner soles work much better for me on sloping lies which is important since my home course is pretty hilly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSR3 (10) - Project X HZRDUS 4G 6.0
Titleist TSR2 4W 16.5 at D1 (16.5) - Project X HZRDUS Red CB  60 6.0

Titleist TSR2 7W 21 at D1 (20) - Project X HZRDUS Red CB  70 6.0
Titleist TSR2 21 at A3 (23) - Project X HZRDUS Red CB  70 6.0

Titleist T150 5i-GW - Nippon 950 GH R - I up
Ping Glide 2.0  52 SS - AWT 2.0 S - Back Dot
Ping Glide 3.0  58 ES - ZZ-115 - Black Dot

In Timeout - Callaway MD5 64 S Grind - TT-115 
Ping Fetch 2023 - 34"

3 hours ago, Propofol_Papi said:

T150s are the first set of irons that may finally quench this club ho’s thirst. No matter the irons, I was always left wanting more (better feel, more consistent distance control, some forgiveness, a sole that wasn’t too thick or didn’t dig). They look great, feel great, go thru the turf great, consistent yardages, and still have some forgiveness. All around great iron.

What else have you played for comparison?

This might sound wierd but i dont get what people mean by and i210 sole being alot more forgiving? For me a bigger sole and bounce on and iron leads to more chunks so its opposite. Where slimmer sole leads to better strikes and more thinny shots which i hate but id rather thin then chunk and go nowhere. Im shallowish and by no means a diggers. Im just a brusher of the ground basically who hits 7 iron hopefully 150. Im sure i can smack the ball harder and get a certain distance but then i risk accuracy for sure. I have zx7 OG and nothing looks better to me but cant lie that im a club short here and there. The t150 are a few degrees stronger lofted so im thinking maybe that is a tad more distance and from what ive heard maybe a bit more forgiving??? Or am i just maybe a t200 guy because those look amazing as well. Lets not forget the new mizzuzzys are coming out... what to do what to do??? 😔

I love these things!  My intention was to pick up ‘23 Apex pro‘s next spring with the in-store credit (giftcard-$1398) I received when I returned the last gen Apex pro‘s. I don’t see myself making the switch anytime soon.  I’ll likely pass the giftcard on at a discount to someone who can use it.  

8 hours ago, tdeutmeyer said:

I doubt you will have a problem going to the T150s. I was gaming the z585s for the past 3yrs and now have a handful of rounds with the 150s and haven't had any issue readjusting to a non-vsole iron. I have also been more consistent with the T150 5 iron than the Srixon by a wide margin and just ordered the 4 iron to the set to replace my 4 hybrid. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/25/2023 at 2:59 PM, iNeedMoreGolf said:

This might sound wierd but i dont get what people mean by and i210 sole being alot more forgiving? For me a bigger sole and bounce on and iron leads to more chunks so its opposite. Where slimmer sole leads to better strikes and more thinny shots which i hate but id rather thin then chunk and go nowhere. Im shallowish and by no means a diggers. Im just a brusher of the ground basically who hits 7 iron hopefully 150. Im sure i can smack the ball harder and get a certain distance but then i risk accuracy for sure. I have zx7 OG and nothing looks better to me but cant lie that im a club short here and there. The t150 are a few degrees stronger lofted so im thinking maybe that is a tad more distance and from what ive heard maybe a bit more forgiving??? Or am i just maybe a t200 guy because those look amazing as well. Lets not forget the new mizzuzzys are coming out... what to do what to do??? 😔

T150 are stronger lofted in PW and 9.  2° stronger in PW and 1° in 9…same exact loft in 8-7-6-5-4 irons.

Titleist TSR3 9° Tensei Pro Blue 60 

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

On 10/25/2023 at 2:59 PM, iNeedMoreGolf said:

The t150 will likely be longer for you than the zx7 are.  The zx7 and 150 are designed for different types players.

they both will provide more ball speed, but t150 will shine for the player than needs launch and spin (average to lower swing speed). Zx7 shines for the higher speed, higher spin and launch player (above 90 mph with 7 iron.

Edited by Pnwpingi210
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Pnwpingi210 said:

The t150 will likely be longer for you than the zx7 are.  The zx7 and 150 are designed for different types players.

they both will provide more ball speed, but t150 will shine for the player than needs launch and spin (average to lower swing speed). Zx7 shines for the higher speed, higher spin and launch player (above 90 mph with 7 iron.

If thats the case i am nowhere near 90 mph 7 iron lol. My driver is 95 to tops 100. They have done ok for me the zx7 but i think i might be missing 10 yards per iron maybe... 5 for sure. If the t150 can provide that id be very happy. Might just be the t200 though.

2 hours ago, iNeedMoreGolf said:

If thats the case i am nowhere near 90 mph 7 iron lol. My driver is 95 to tops 100. They have done ok for me the zx7 but i think i might be missing 10 yards per iron maybe... 5 for sure. If the t150 can provide that id be very happy. Might just be the t200 though.

Yes.  T150,t200, p790, zx5 would all be worth a look.

On 10/9/2023 at 10:49 AM, SJP1 said:

Added a T150 5-iron to the bag. It has that bit more pop and consistency off-centre than my TC-201 for better gapping.

It peaks the same as the Miura and only spins 300rpm less, but it is so consistent on carry for a 5-iron. Really impressive.

After a few sessions on a GC3 over the last week, I honestly cannot believe how consistently this T150 5-iron handles carry and total distance. It's so forgiving, the performance is genuinely surprising for a head that's not a full hollow body. It feels pretty firm for a forging, kind of like the OG T100's I came out of, but it is an incredible option for a long iron. It's almost comedy how the distance dispersion is within a couple of yards across the face.

• Like 2

Ping G410 LST 9*, Tour AD-IZ 
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5*, AD-IZ 
Ping G430 hybrid 17* & 22*, Tour 2.0 Chrome 

Titleist T150 5-iron, AMT White 
Miura TC-201 6-9, AMT White 
Vokey SM8 46*, Vokey SM7 50*, Ping S159 54*, Vokey SM8 58* LBK
L.A.B Mezz 1, Accra

Bridgestone Tour B X

Sorry if has been asked. What are you all using for gap wedge? T150 GW or something else? I usually like a specific wedge. Like my SM9’s. Going to pick up a set soon I hope and wondering about that club. Thanks. 

TM Stealth2+ 10.5 Diamana T+ 60s

TM Stealth2 15* TM Ventus TR 6-S 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

56 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

Sorry if has been asked. What are you all using for gap wedge? T150 GW or something else? I usually like a specific wedge. Like my SM9’s. Going to pick up a set soon I hope and wondering about that club. Thanks. 

I use the 48 degree set GW. To be honest it does create a bit of a gap between my 54 degree. I can hit the 48 up to about 130+ if i really swing. My 54 is really more for 105-110. 

So for 120 i have to do some calculations. 

I'd probably have gone with a 52-60 wedge combo if i had known

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I’ve been holding off posting. But 3 rounds in I’m so happy with these. No irons are perfect, and I’ve always been a looks/feel > performance kind of person but these just tick all of the boxes.

i came from mizuno 221s so obviously the feel is different and a tiny step back, but given the height, consistency and look what I give up is tiny and what I gain is massive. 

Titelist knocked it out of the park, and I agree with this thread, it’s an iron line that will be remembered in the history of golf equipment.

Driver: Callaway Paradym TD -  Autoflex SF505X

3 Wood: Taylormade Sim2 Ti  - TourAD VR 7S

2 Srixon ZX Utility -  Mitsubishi MMT 105s

4 Hybrid: Titelist TSi2 - Kuro Kage 60s

PW-5:  Titelist T150 - Mitsubishi MMT 105s

Wedges: Titelist SM9 50,55,60  -  Mitsubishi MMT 105s

Putter: Evnroll ER2