2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Titleist T150s are gonna be all-timers

MtlJeff

1 hour ago, MK7Golf21 said:

there is a used set of raw p7mc at my local sporting goods store, its like the only used golf set they have. Hard to tell they are even used with the rust look, the patina on this set looks pretty good. Whoever bought them didn't use them long, have Kbs c taper lite shafts and built up right hand on the grip. That 4 iron is something else though, not sure I would go there.

No better feeling than flushing that 4 iron. I’ve hit my fair share of stinkers with it too. The 4 and 5 iron is the reason I switched to a T series combo, the T200 4 iron in comparison is cheating. I sure miss the feel and crack that the P7MC’s have though. Makes it tough for me to list them.

On 9/26/2023 at 11:57 PM, Sean289 said:

I’m not long after a fitting session with these irons. They feel incredible. I have ended up going with the t150’s in 5-GW. 
Based on what I have read, I thought I would be fitted into a combo set with maybe the t200’s in 5-7. For me, there was little to no drop off in performance comparing the 2 sets. I launched it higher, had approximately 500 more spin rpm with the t150’s and the t200’s didn’t appear to be more forgiving for me.
The t200’s went slightly further but I put that down to the stronger lofts.

I have the t150’s with the stiff amt red shaft and 1 degree stronger loft heading my way. 

Update: I compared the t150 5 iron against the t200 5 iron once more just to be sure. I’ve decided to go with t200 5 iron with the rest of the set(6i - gw) as t150’s. I’m pleasantly surprised to see and hear that more than I thought are going with some sort of variation of a combo set. 

Edited by Sean289
  • Like 2

PING G430 Max 10.5* Project X Hazrdus Smoke Red RDX 50

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

Titleist T200 5i True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist T150 6i-GW True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist SM9 Vokey 52*, 56*, 60* Dynamic Gold R300

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

8 hours ago, Haber said:

No better feeling than flushing that 4 iron. I’ve hit my fair share of stinkers with it too. The 4 and 5 iron is the reason I switched to a T series combo, the T200 4 iron in comparison is cheating. I sure miss the feel and crack that the P7MC’s have though. Makes it tough for me to list them.

I'd probably go 4 iron p770 5-pw p7mc. 

Can anyone comment on the turf interaction of the T150 on the course? Both from people who are steep as well as shallow with their angle of attack. I am typically a more shallow delivery person unless i am trying to compress a flighted PW or GW. 

WITB:

Woods: Ping G430 LST, Ping G430Max 3w, Ping G430 3Hybrid (20°) / Titleist T200 2iron

Irons: 2023 Titleist T150 (6-GW), T200 (4-5)

Wedges: 54D12°, 60M08° Wedges

Putter: SC Newport 2.5+ 34"

Ball: Titleist Prov1

For anyone who hasn't purchased the T-150 yet and thinking of going combo:

After 6 rounds, I am finding that the T-200 long irons are a bit too click-y for my liking.  I am not a great ball striker - very middle of the road in fact - but getting used to the T-150 is making me dislike the T-200 feel/sound and wish I'd gone full set of T-150.  I've already begun the process of swapping through my Titleist rep.

They are probably much better than the previous version T-200, but they still sound like hollowed nickel IMO on center strikes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TSi2 9° HZ Gen4 Black | TSi2 15° HZ Gen4 Black | Ts2 19° HZ Smoke Black 

T-200 6-48° AMT Black S300 | SM9 56° 60° S300 | Toulon Garage Memphis

On 9/27/2023 at 8:07 AM, MtlJeff said:

I'm trying really hard not to buy P7MCs this winter LOL. I was pretty much frothing at the mouth while hitting them on the range. 

they are a little chromy though. Like they couldn't have done a more muted finish? I feel like i can see myself in the mirror looking at them

WoW surprised by this. So you are thinking P7MC may be better than t150?

Edited by LowAndLeft32

Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5*

1 hour ago, LowAndLeft32 said:

WoW surprised by this. So you are thinking P7MC may be better than t150?

No not really, they just are really sexy and have more panache. And i am a degenerate. 

Like half my club has T150s already. Stupid great clubs

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

On 9/28/2023 at 3:16 PM, stimpmeterp said:

For anyone who hasn't purchased the T-150 yet and thinking of going combo:

After 6 rounds, I am finding that the T-200 long irons are a bit too click-y for my liking.  I am not a great ball striker - very middle of the road in fact - but getting used to the T-150 is making me dislike the T-200 feel/sound and wish I'd gone full set of T-150.  I've already begun the process of swapping through my Titleist rep.

They are probably much better than the previous version T-200, but they still sound like hollowed nickel IMO on center strikes.

I would also say be sure to look at the set and hit it a bit before ordering a combo

The T150 4-5-6 irons are really not that small. I you are a higher index maybe , but anyone under like a 10, i'd really give the T150 long irons a go before committing. They are pretty easy to hit. 

• Like 2

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

My buddy plays the last version of the e T200 in his 4 iron. He is like a +2 hcp. He hits it out the middle but that iron is the worst sounding iron I have ever heard. Sounds like he clanks it off the toe every shot. 

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

I had a very nice range session today and these clubs are firmly in the bag. Easy to launch the long irons and they feel incredible. I’m glad I went T150. They’re the best iron of 2023. 

• Like 1

Taylormade Qi10 9° - Tensei Blue X Link 65x

Taylormade Qi10 Tour 16.5° - Tensei Blue RAW 75x

Srixon ZX7 Mk II 4-6, Z Forged II 7-9 - PX LZ 6.0

Vokey SM9 46/50/54/58 - S200

Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Cruiser 

Titleist Pro V1

Went to Carl’s Golfland yesterday planning the next club change.  Grabbed and hit several of the top name brand 4 irons, my weakness.  After separating the chaff from the wheat with four demo buckets, it came down to a feel test between the Titleist T200 and the Taylormade P770 long irons.  T200 was a consistent 220-230 with a slight draw and the P770 less than 10 yards shorter, but felt so much better in my hands.  I figure when I get them adjusted for gap and lie, it’ll all work out.

Not horrible for a recently turned 66 old coot. lol

Ended up with the P770 4&5 irons supplemented with the P7MC 6-PW to fill out the set.  They’re replacing some Mizuno Pro 223s which I love.  Just time for a change of pace.  Keeping the fairly new Cleveland Zip Core tour raw wedges in the bag because ain’t nothing better.  🙂

Delivery expected late next week and I’ll be watching the doorstep hourly.

• Like 3

Srixon ZX5 Mk II LS 9.5 driver x-flex

Srixon ZX Mk II 3 & 7 wood stiff

Taylormade Stealth II 2 hybrid x-flex

Srixon ZX-7 4/5 irons stiff

Srixon Z-Forged II 6-PW stiff

Cleveland ZipCore RTX Tour Raw 52/56

TM Spider GT-X putter

XXIO premium bag on MGI Zip AT cart

Srixon Z-Star Diamond ball

How is this for consistency. T150 8 iron from 157. 6 inches apart. 2nd shot on a par 5 (downhill and wind behind me, I am NOT that long of a hitter. 8 iron is usually a 140 club). 

Missed the eagle putt. But, an easy birdie! 

IMG_3196.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TITLEIST TSR 2 w/PX Evenflow Riptide

Titleist TSR2 16.5 w/Tensei Blue

Titleist TSR2 21w/Tensei Blue

Titleist TSR1 5h, 6h 7h w/Kuro Kage Black

Titleist 24 T-100 7-AW, Recoil 95

Titleist SM9 - 54, 60

Scotty Phantom X5, Scotty Squareback

Titleist ProV1, Callaway Chrome Tour

Vessel Player IV Pro

I have the T100 (2021) irons in 5-PW.  I really like them a lot.   But being the club addict I am, I decided to jump on the T150 bandwagon to see if the ride would be worth it.  My T100 spec are 2 degrees up, standard loft and length.  The shafts are AWS Black in stiff.  I ordered the T150 5 iron first and then add the 6-7 later with the same configuration as the T100.  I ordered directly from Titleist and the deliver was fast after the order was placed.  I have been at the range with them a half dozen times since they arrived and have hit a lot of balls with them.

At address, the T150 seems ever so slightly thicker, but the offset is similar to the eye.  The T150 is just a beautiful iron.

The feel comparison for me at impact is the T100 feel marginally softer.  The T150 feel slightly firmer, but it is not unpleasant.  The internal weighting keeps the head stable on a strike I assume.  Thin hits, my typical bad strike, with both feel a little harsh and distance suffers, but not like the same strike with a blade.  Solid strikes with both feel great, even though slightly different.  The impact sound of the T150 is solid and very similar to the T100.

Ball flight with the T150 is penetrating and slightly lower than the T100.  The T150 is about a half club longer than the T100.

The range where I practice has pins with mini-greens and I can see where the ball lands and ends up.  If you are not a decent ball striker, you need to look somewhere else.  If you are looking to move from the T100 to these, you won't see a big difference.  If your main interest is a lot more distance, then the T200 may be one to consider. 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2023 at 1:12 PM, maximusppl said:

Can anyone comment on the turf interaction of the T150 on the course? Both from people who are steep as well as shallow with their angle of attack. I am typically a more shallow delivery person unless i am trying to compress a flighted PW or GW. 

I'm more of a sweeper myself. Coming from the '19 T100 into the new T150, I am noticing good turf interaction without the club digging too much. I'm absolutely flushing my 8-P from the fairway/rough with controlled and aggressive swings. Getting about 5-10 yards more of carry than I would in the '19 T100. I've hit a bunch of solid tee shots on par 3s as well (off a tee just above the ground). Overall the ball seems to jump off the club. I've really enjoyed the transition. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Brokensticks said:

Anyone tried bending weak?

T150 seems similiar to i230 that it is launching higher with lower spin, but I really want those 500rpms to stick to greens better and extra distance is very low on my list. 

I would think if ping i230 doesn’t spin enough for you, the t150 won’t either.  Generally, the ping I series spins more than most of its peers in the same class of iron. 

4 minutes ago, BigMac_Finn said:

So.. Anyone hear a 12-15 handi playing the T150? Any different results from the lower handicappers?

I'd be interested in hearing from the mid handicappers also. I've been between 10-14 all year and currently play an old 716 MB/CB/TMB combo set. I tried out the T150s the other night with a few different shafts and they just did nothing for me. Feel wasn't great, flight on well struck shot's wasn't good, they seemed dramatically harder to hit then my gamers. A little bummed, as I've been thinking about a new set and expected these to be a "cheat code" as many have mentioned. I'll probably take another look

On 9/15/2023 at 1:37 PM, MtlJeff said:

I'm actually a little frustrated at how good these are.

On 9/25/2023 at 5:06 AM, MtlJeff said:

I still cannot get over how far i hit these.

Finally made my way through this thread (in case those notifications weren't a giveaway, lol). As a constant 3-iron ho looking for a goldilocks tee club I have my eye on the T150 3i with a graphite shaft of some respect to go up against my iBlade 3i has been the most consistent one in the bag so far. I'm really liking this super compact yet high MOI players design and i'm starting to move away from the chunkier styles. Looking forward to snagging a head!

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 4i-7i 23*- 34* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 38*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Just played my first round with my 150/200 combo set today. 4 and 5 iron are the T200’s. DG X100’s on all of them. I can tell why these irons are/will be popular. Very forgiving for what they are. They feel really good on center strikes and let you know when they aren’t on center. 

Very happy with them. I can see them staying in the bag for quite a while. 

Driver:           45" Titleist TSR3 Fujikura Ventus Velocore+ Blue 6X 
Fairway:        Titleist TSR2 3 Wood Mitsubishi 1K Black 75g X
Hybrid:          Titleist TSR2 4 Hybrid Mitsubishi 1k Black 85g X

Irons:             Mizuno Pro 243 Modus 105x
Wedges:       Blue Mizuno T24 50/56/60 
Putter:           LAB Golf Blue 37" CB DF3 w/ White Accra Shaft

Ball:               Pro V1/MaxFli Tour
Bag:               VESSEL Grey Player III Stand   

Played a couple rounds of a matchplay tournament this weekend with the T150 combo and I must say I’m very impressed. 2 down with 5 holes to play I hit a clunker off the toe with 5 iron on a 185 yard par 3. I thought match over and watched as the ball carried and hardly drew off line and rolled to 15 feet. If I hit that with my old P7MC the ball would have been 10 yards short and no where near the whole. 

Overall I’m very impressed with how well these irons perform. They launch high and land soft. They are little clicky sound wise compared to T100 but the forgiveness more than makes up for it . The T200 4 iron is a weapon as well off the tee on short par 4’s.

• Like 1

Had to pick up a new loop towel and thought I’d give these a try while I was in the store. They had my current shaft (modus 105) so I was able to do an apples to apples comparison with my current 7i (PXG Gen 5P). 

These things are unreal! Had three 7i shots that rolled out to 188/188/187 with a nice high ball flight (can’t remember the carry). This is closer to 6i distance for me, but the T150 7i is 2 degrees weaker than my current 7i (32 vs 30). How are these going farther than goo filled jacked loft clubs? Unbelievable. This was in a booth so I may have been unintentionally swinging a little harder but I don’t really think I was. I’m like “Do you guys have this set on Mt Everest altitude or something?”

I think I’m going to have to hit these outdoors on grass the next time the Titleist guy is at our course. The holidays are coming up and I’m trying to save for a European vacation (stupid expensive). I did not need this lol. Ugh what a mistake it was to try these.

• Like 2

On 10/3/2023 at 3:20 PM, BigMac_Finn said:

Did you try any other irons out @chilllwave? Seems like you were already at store, curious if hit anything else that you were comparing. 

Although I was at the PGASS, I didn't try anything else. I figured there had to be at least some user error and I didn't want to sour myself on every iron set I've been looking at. I'll definitely be going back to try the full T-Series lineup a little more in depth. 

21 hours ago, JetSpeed79 said:

Had to pick up a new loop towel and thought I’d give these a try while I was in the store. They had my current shaft (modus 105) so I was able to do an apples to apples comparison with my current 7i (PXG Gen 5P). 

These things are unreal! Had three 7i shots that rolled out to 188/188/187 with a nice high ball flight (can’t remember the carry). This is closer to 6i distance for me, but the T150 7i is 2 degrees weaker than my current 7i (32 vs 30). How are these going farther than goo filled jacked loft clubs? Unbelievable. This was in a booth so I may have been unintentionally swinging a little harder but I don’t really think I was. I’m like “Do you guys have this set on Mt Everest altitude or something?”

I think I’m going to have to hit these outdoors on grass the next time the Titleist guy is at our course. The holidays are coming up and I’m trying to save for a European vacation (stupid expensive). I did not need this lol. Ugh what a mistake it was to try these.

Quick addition: it’s ridiculous that a loop towel costs $35. It’s even more ridiculous that I paid it. My friend was making fun of me for it, but as I explained to him, it’s specially engineered to absorb salty tears after bad shots. So obviously I need it. 

I have a doctor’s note. 

• Haha 4

On 10/4/2023 at 3:06 PM, JetSpeed79 said:

Thanks for sharing. I have been demoing the 150’s and love them. Been using the Gen5 P for awhile now and the 150’s are surprisingly easy to hit.

BTW, vacations are overrated!!! You need these!  

• Haha 1

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

On 10/4/2023 at 5:06 PM, JetSpeed79 said:

Yeah man, it's unreal....I know i've posted it before but i'm hitting 9 irons to 150+ flags now pretty consistently even in like 20C type weather and landing them with spin. On all of our par 3's i'm a club less than i was before with exact same lofts as previous set. 

It's some sort of witchcraft, i think. Like they are being forged in an occult cauldron or something. 

• Haha 4

Deschamps Crisp Antique