2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

New Odyssey Ai-One putters - 2023 Shriners Children's Open

3 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

Do the WH models share the 5K platform? Looking at a few pics, the 7 and Rossie appear to be large. 

Yes they’re the same size 

Cobra LTD Pro w/ Fuji Speeder 757 X
Callaway Alpha 816 14* w/ Fuji Speeder 8.3 TS
Callaway Alpha 815 19* w/ Fuji 865X
Callaway XR Pro Irons w/DG X100
Fourteen TF 50, 56, 60
Odyssey Stroke Lab 2-Ball Fang
Sun Mountain 4.5

Hit a few with the Milled and non milled at lunchtime. Just another putter other than its a color i haven't really seen before.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max TD 9°@11° Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
Cobra King Tour 5-G Project X LS120 6.0  

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

3 hours ago, newportbeach said:

Couldn’t fight the temptation to hit the local shop at lunch to try these out. I tried both the milled and non milled insert versions. I preferred the milled. I also brought my trusted gamer to compare (Scotty Button Back). I took a few pictures for comparisons too. 

I was impressed by the milled 1. Easily one of the best Odyssey putters I’ve tried. The feel is comparable to my button back and it felt very stable with the sole weighting and counter balancing of the new shaft. The look is much cleaner than odysseys old shafts. Distance control was very good and consistency was excellent. Pretty much like the posted videos. A couple others who were putting with different putters told me I found the right one after draining quite a few putts with it. I have some rewards with Callaway so seems like a no brainer to order one. The blue PVD finish looks nice and is a subtle blue. I’m tempted to custom order the black Toulon stepless shaft with it instead of the silver one it comes with. 

The non milled version will appeal to those who like a softer feel. My consistency with the non milled was not as good but they are also nice putters. Odyssey has done a great job on this new line and it will appeal to many golfers. 

IMG_7878.jpeg

IMG_7877.jpeg

IMG_7876.jpeg

Nice comparison pics. Honestly I prefer the 1 over that newport from every angle. The bumpers are rounded better, topline appears more rolled, I never liked a higher toe...

• Like 1

TSI3 9˚ AV White Raw 65X 

Paradym ✦✦✦ 15˚ Kai'li White 80

Apex UW 19˚ RDX 80

T-150 4-PW - PX 6.0

RTX Zipcore Raw 48M/54M/60L 

Byron Morgan 029x PROTO-Carbon/Toulon San Diego Garage-Naked

Pro V1X 

2 hours ago, chinaski said:

Nice comparison pics. Honestly I prefer the 1 over that newport from every angle. The bumpers are rounded better, topline appears more rolled, I never liked a higher toe...

Yes the new Scotty Newport is different than those older models that had the high toe. Still prefer a Newport without a flange line and unfortunately that is all Scotty does now even with the Champions Choice terylliums. 

• Like 1

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

7 hours ago, newportbeach said:

Couldn’t fight the temptation to hit the local shop at lunch to try these out. I tried both the milled and non milled insert versions. I preferred the milled. I also brought my trusted gamer to compare (Scotty Button Back). I took a few pictures for comparisons too. 

I was impressed by the milled 1. Easily one of the best Odyssey putters I’ve tried. The feel is comparable to my button back and it felt very stable with the sole weighting and counter balancing of the new shaft. The look is much cleaner than odysseys old shafts. Distance control was very good and consistency was excellent. Pretty much like the posted videos. A couple others who were putting with different putters told me I found the right one after draining quite a few putts with it. I have some rewards with Callaway so seems like a no brainer to order one. The blue PVD finish looks nice and is a subtle blue. I’m tempted to custom order the black Toulon stepless shaft with it instead of the silver one it comes with. 

The non milled version will appeal to those who like a softer feel. My consistency with the non milled was not as good but they are also nice putters. Odyssey has done a great job on this new line and it will appeal to many golfers. 

IMG_7878.jpeg

IMG_7877.jpeg

IMG_7876.jpeg

How does the balance feel with the new stroke lab shaft and counter balance weight? I was not a fan of the feel of the old red stroke lab shaft compared to a traditional steel shaft 

9 hours ago, shmitty18 said:

How does the balance feel with the new stroke lab shaft and counter balance weight? I was not a fan of the feel of the old red stroke lab shaft compared to a traditional steel shaft 

Calling this new shaft a strokelab seems weird. It is just a lightweight steel shaft.. 

• Like 2

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

11 hours ago, newportbeach said:

Yes the new Scotty Newport is different than those older models that had the high toe. Still prefer a Newport without a flange line and unfortunately that is all Scotty does now even with the Champions Choice terylliums. 

I agree. That's what kept me away from the Teryllium release. The Newport shouldn't have a flange line. I have the 2014 Select. The last one they made naked.  I like a topline or dot too, but can't stand a flange line. 

Edited by chinaski
sp

TSI3 9˚ AV White Raw 65X 

Paradym ✦✦✦ 15˚ Kai'li White 80

Apex UW 19˚ RDX 80

T-150 4-PW - PX 6.0

RTX Zipcore Raw 48M/54M/60L 

Byron Morgan 029x PROTO-Carbon/Toulon San Diego Garage-Naked

Pro V1X 

10 hours ago, shmitty18 said:

Much improved. I think it is similar to the stiffer putter shaft options (KBS CT, LA Golf etc). I didn’t care for the old stroke lab and this is much better. When I talked with a rep he said it is more balanced throughout without only one section being stiffer if that helps. 

• Like 1

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

1 hour ago, QuigleyDU said:

Calling this new shaft a strokelab seems weird. It is just a lightweight steel shaft.. 

Thats what I thought but someone corrected me and said its graphite a page back.

Seems like theyre abandoning the stroke lab half/half shafts? Seemed like a big part of Odyssey putters the last few years.

I guess never say never for Taylormade abandoning the failed carbon face project!

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / SPDRL-NCK+ CT 120

5 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Thats what I thought but someone corrected me and said its graphite a page back.

Seems like theyre abandoning the stroke lab half/half shafts? Seemed like a big part of Odyssey putters the last few years.

I guess never say never for Taylormade abandoning the failed carbon face project!

The SL70 (graphite shaft) is still available as a custom option. I do not know if there is an upcharge or not. 

BALL; Chrome Soft X

17 hours ago, Yzmerf said:

Hit a few with the Milled and non milled at lunchtime. Just another putter other than its a color i haven't really seen before.

I havent seen or hit on yet but i thought from some videos it doesnt seem or look that special idk just my opinion till i see one. I hit putts off heel and toe of my bettinardi and evnroll last night and they both equally got to the hole so not sure what to think of this ai tech stuff.

• Thanks 1

Picked up the Milled 7 T DB, then putted for over two hours today on a fast Florida green. A-B'ed against my Newport 2 + and New Spider Tour S. Found the distance control eerily similar to a few of the online reviews. VERY reliable when I put like swings all over the face. Definitely more consistent  than my Scotty but not as much difference when compared to the already great Spider Tour S. 

23 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Do the WH models share the 5K platform? Looking at a few pics, the 7 and Rossie appear to be large. 

I lined up both the milled and regular AI 7s vs next to the tri hot and the Tri Hot has a notably larger footprint. The double wide on the other hand looked virtually identical in size. 

5 minutes ago, TreeHugger73 said:

I lined up both the milled and regular AI 7s vs next to the tri hot and the Tri Hot has a notably larger footprint. The double wide on the other hand looked virtually identical in size. 

Rossie feels smaller than the TriHot Rossie. So much so that I ordered a custom one today. Looks great.Feels better!

1 hour ago, TreeHugger73 said:

The 5k 7 was a larger head than the WH OG. You'd say the AI is smaller like the WH OG? 

8 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

The SL70 (graphite shaft) is still available as a custom option. I do not know if there is an upcharge or not. 

I called today. It’s back-ordered until the end of December, but it is an option. $50 upcharge in the United States. The new paint job is navy.

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

32 minutes ago, eric61 said:

I called today. It’s back-ordered until the end of December, but it is an option. $50 upcharge in the United States. The new paint job is navy.

I’m out. Lol 50 dollars is too much for that. Those strokelabs are 25 year old tech repackaged..

Edited by QuigleyDU

BALL; Chrome Soft X

8 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

I’m out. Lol 50 dollars is too much for that. Those strokelabs are 25 year old tech repackaged..

No way I'd pay that. I'll be throwing an "all in" in my Eleven T same as my Le Mans but I don't really have data to say it makes me putt better. It's just fun to use really....

• Like 1

Callaway National Fitters Board/Adidas Staff/UST Mamiya Advisory Staff
AI Smoke Max - Lin-Q M40X Blue 
AI Smoke Max 3W - Lin-Q M40X Red
AI Smoke Max 5W - Lin-Q M40X White
Apex UW - Lin-Q M40X White
Apex Pro 24 5-8, CB 9-11 - Recoil Dart 105
JAWS Raw 54W,60Z - Recoil Wedge Proto 110
Toulon Le Mans - UST All-In
Chrome Tour

15 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

Wow. Odyssey hit a home run. I tested these out this afternoon and fell in love with BOTH lines. This is the best putter rollout I’ve seen in years. I’m leaning toward a milled 7 CH, but geez, they are all nice. There’s something for everybody. 

I haven’t seen them in person yet (but blind ordered a Milled 8 T after @knudson81’s podcast … as a lefty, chances of me ever seeing one in person on the rack are slim to none, so might as well use some of my Callaway credit to try it knowing they take returns). What were your observations? What separated them from other stuff on the market? How does the feel of the non-milled line compare to previous Odyssey putters?

• Like 2

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

1 hour ago, JungleJimbo said:

@QuigleyDU “25 year old tech” = Are you thinking that there’s more than a hint of the Bi-matrix shaft tech in this StrokeLab?

I am not thinking it. I know it. I have talked with the designer of the bi-matrix shaft and the patent just expired not long ago. Hence the strokelab, the all in, the whatever the PXG version is called. 

• Like 2

BALL; Chrome Soft X

5 hours ago, eric61 said:

I haven’t seen them in person yet (but blind ordered a Milled 8 T after @knudson81’s podcast … as a lefty, chances of me ever seeing one in person on the rack are slim to none, so might as well use some of my Callaway credit to try it knowing they take returns). What were your observations? What separated them from other stuff on the market? How does the feel of the non-milled line compare to previous Odyssey putters?

To my eye, the milled line is the best looking premium retail offering. The navy & copper looks fantastic in person. The heads are a perfect size. To my hands, these putters feel(sound) like a tour putter should. A perfect blend of soft & crisp. Each model felt unique, and all felt great. 

I’ll bet my house the grooved HW will become an all time great. Honestly, it feels as good, if not better than the milled insert. I always thought WH felt a bit mushy, this insert feels premium and it feels premium across the face. These heads are slightly smaller than the Tri-Hot line, but seem to offer all the stability, but with way improved feel. 

Grip felt OK, and I didn’t notice the absence of the graphite SL for a single second. These are the best Odyssey putters I’ve ever tried. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’ve tried the Ai 1 CH with the white hot insert.  I was impressed! I’ve been eyeing a Versa 7 5K but they didn’t have the Ai 7 in yet. The putter felt fantastic and I like the sound as well.  The blue color really is appealing to me.  The only complaint I had was the grip.  I like to use an oversized grip and it felt a little small.  Once I try the Ai7 I will make a decision on which one to buy. 

13 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

especially since they are letting on the latest shafts are the ‘same underneath’ when it’s really 50$  cheaper shaft to go with the ~100€ price increase. In Europe at least that’s a real differential of 150€ on the Toulon range. In my experience they will sell very very few milled versions here in Europe at these prices, they are just not seen as a premium putter and can’t be trying a price about Scotty Cameron 

pity, a navy std stroke lab shaft would look good in there. Personally I think I’ll be on the lookout to buy a backup 2022 Toulon Daytona. 

Edited by Copacetic

Tsr2 Kai-li white 60g

tsr2 16.5 tensei av raw white 75g

tsr2 20 degree, tensei av raw white 90g

T200/T150/T100 PX Lz

sm9 54.10S/60.4T

odyssey Toulon Daytona
Pro V1

2 minutes ago, Copacetic said:

especially since they are letting on the latest shafts are the ‘same underneath’ when it’s really 50$  cheaper shaft to go with the ~100€ price increase. In Europe at least that’s a real differential of 150€ on the Toulon range. In my experience they will sell very very few milled versions here in Europe at these prices, they are just not seen as a premium putter and can’t be trying a price about Scotty Cameron 

pity, a navy std stroke lab shaft would look good in there. Personally I think I’ll be on the lookout to buy a backup 2022 Toulon Daytona. 

If people can get and understand the tech story. Why would anyone buy a Scotty other than to say. “I roll a Scotty”… this is potentially either amazing marketing or if it works ground breaking putter tech. I don’t know the answer there yet.

• Like 2

BALL; Chrome Soft X