Titleist TSR2 18* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 21* (H) ~ Tensei AV Raw Blue 65g

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged, 4-6 ~ Aerotech SteelFiber i95

Mizuno Pro 245, 7-PW ~ Nippon NS Pro 950GH Neo

Miura Milled Tour Wedge QPQ 52* ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Miura Milled Tour Wedge High Bounce QPQ 58*HB-12 ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Scotty Special Select Squareback 2

Titleist Players glove, ProV1 Ball; Mizuno K1-LO Stand Bag, BR-D4C Cart Bag

It is their money ... how much does Jack get?

Navy Vessel IV Pro Bag

Ping Driver: G430 12° HL Driver Alta Quick 35

Ping Fairways: G430 HL 5w & 7w Alta Quick 35

Ping Hybrid: G430 HL 4h Alta Quick 45

Ping Irons: Ping G710 6-UW Alta Quick 45

Ping Wedges: Glide 3.0 54° WS & 58° Eye2 Z-115

Putter: Seemore PCB 33" or Oddyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 Rossie 33"

Back-ups & Ping Hoofer Range Bag

G425 5h Alta CB Slate R / Eye2+ 3-9 Aldila Low Torque Graphite / Eye2+ PW-SW KT Steel

15 minutes ago, notsohard said:

$100M for Tiger Woods
$50M for Rory McIlroy
$30M for Justin Thomas 
$30M for Jordan Spieth 

The first two i have no issues with...maybe a teeny weeny little bit.

BUT, the other two...$30M 😂 for what? Spieths hair transplant?

Guess we now know why these guys don’t seem to care as much about winning tournaments these days. Hmmm…why should I practice wedges for four hours a day. If I win one I win one but don’t really “need”to win one. 😂

Edited by jt2gt
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, notsohard said:

$100M for Tiger Woods
$50M for Rory McIlroy
$30M for Justin Thomas 
$30M for Jordan Spieth 

The first two i have no issues with...maybe a teeny weeny little bit.

BUT, the other two...$30M 😂 for what? Spieths hair transplant?

And who said U of Alabama undergrads can’t be financially successful!

• Haha 4

I think this is all to avoid discovery in court because the PGA had all this money before hand but miraculously is able to shell out money for the special events and now this hogwash 

If the funds are more for what people did for the game I wonder what the estate of Hogan, Palmer, etc will get out of this (sarcasm)

Jay seems to be as useful as a white crayon 

• Like 3

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

On 4/24/2024 at 2:36 PM, R_Swanson said:

8 yr vesting schedule, yada yada yada....

The money is nothing compared to LIV.  But the guys needed to get something.  Monahan will forever look like an idiot for not taking the Saudi's calls years ago.

image.png.f928e218bb4cf001429dc8da79faa0b3.png

Edited by pga43
removed link off Golfwrx

Wilson Dynapower Carbon Mitsu Kai’li 60S

Wilson Dynapower 3+ 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Wilson UDI 3 HZRDUS Black 90

Wilson 4-6 Dynapower forged/ 7-P Staff CB all Nippon Pro Modus 115s

Wilson ZM forged 50° 56° 60° DG TI Spinner wedge

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/    Cameron Del Mar

56 minutes ago, Jones55 said:

Speith and JT rarely compete at the top of the leader board anymore, so how do they get 30 million each. 

That's not fair, some of the other players will be furious I would imagine. 

To be honest I am surprised more guys have not moved to LIV Golf after the June 2023 framework announcement between the PGA Tour & Saudi PIF. The equity announcement today might nudge some of the players in the LIV direction.

• Like 2

Just my opinion, but paying loyalty money is one of the most stupid things I've ever heard related to golf.  $100M to Tiger?  WTF?  Why?  Let him go to LIV.  He doesn't even play anymore.  This is yet another example of how the PGA Tour is getting it wrong.  

• Like 3

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

BLAH BLAH MORE MONEY BLAH BLAH FART FART

• Haha 1

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 Graphite Design AD-VF

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

24 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

24 Apex Pro 4 Iron

24 Callaway JDM X -Forged 5-PW  Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S ,54W, 58Z

Butter Putter

Chrome Tour X

32 minutes ago, Shilgy said:

image.png.f928e218bb4cf001429dc8da79faa0b3.png

Not sure its really fair to say that the commissioner of one of the major sports in the America, and the leading golf league in the world, had to have a crystal ball to foresee that the PIF was going to inject money into golf, one way or another, and he should take them and their 700B+ seriously. 

The PIF was already making big moves into other sports.  They created "Golf Saudi" in 2018.  They weren't hiding the fact that they were serious.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, R_Swanson said:

Not sure its really fair to say that the commissioner of one of the major sports in the America, and the leading golf league in the world, had to have a crystal ball to foresee that the PIF was going to inject money into golf, one way or another, and he should take them and their 700B+ seriously. 

The PIF was already making big moves into other sports.  They created "Golf Saudi" in 2018.  They weren't hiding the fact that they were serious.

Depends on how and why he was approached.  Everything else AFAIK has been within the framework of the respective sport. They went nuclear on golf and soccer( which makes little sense as they also…against league regulations…bought Newcastle FC)

It is easy to say shoulda….it was likely expected they would inject cash into DP World Tour which frankly needs the help.  

As you said they were getting in to other sports.  But in a much more rational way than paying $600m to someone to play for 4 years.  In a venture that seems to be a massive money pit.

Everyone seems to mention this $700b like it’s a bottomless well. Which it certainly is not when they want to build a miles long “city” made up essentially of one building that is budgeted for $500b. https://www.neom.com/en-us

2 hours ago, Nessism said:

Just my opinion, but paying loyalty money is one of the most stupid things I've ever heard related to golf.  $100M to Tiger?  WTF?  Why?  Let him go to LIV.  He doesn't even play anymore.  This is yet another example of how the PGA Tour is getting it wrong.  

They based it on career success and cultural popularity…

40 minutes ago, Shilgy said:

Depends on how and why he was approached.  Everything else AFAIK has been within the framework of the respective sport. They went nuclear on golf and soccer( which makes little sense as they also…against league regulations…bought Newcastle FC)

It is easy to say shoulda….it was likely expected they would inject cash into DP World Tour which frankly needs the help.  

As you said they were getting in to other sports.  But in a much more rational way than paying $600m to someone to play for 4 years.  In a venture that seems to be a massive money pit.

Everyone seems to mention this $700b like it’s a bottomless well. Which it certainly is not when they want to build a miles long “city” made up essentially of one building that is budgeted for $500b. https://www.neom.com/en-us

Well, please note I didn't say he should have taken all their money and ran...  But he should have had the foresight to take their calls and had discussions.  That's his job - and its why he makes 15-20mm a year.  I've read all the reporting I can find on this aspect of the LIV / PGAT stuff, as its the part I find the most interesting, and from all accounts he refused to talk to the Saudi's.

Re: DP World Tour cash injection - correct me if I am wrong, but instead of talking to the Saudi's, didn't the PGA Tour make a strategic alliance with the DP Tour in 2020 - with the idea that it was fighting off another avenue that the PIF could take?  Speculation of course as to the reason why... but they injected more money into it in 2022 as a result of LIV. 

8% return on 700B is 56B a year.  Not a tough return, especially with the yield curve today.  They can pay for Neom with 9 yrs of returns - without taking into account compounding.

Here's the thing that most sad to me.  It was a real opportunity to control the narrative around this, and inject money downstream into golf.  It is not easy to be a professional golfer unless you are one of the top 300ish players in the world.  Sure, the top guys should be getting more money - and now they are, both on the PGAT and LIV, but the real opportunity was to inject money into the sport down the ranks.  You can be the 5,000th best basketball player in the world and make a nice living.  You can go be a bullpen guy in MEXICO and make 100k tax free.  Golf also has a unique opportunity as women sports are getting more airtime for societal reasons, and golf is one of the only three women's sports (tennis, golf and UFC) that people actually watch.  There was/is a lot of strategic opportunity to reshape the professional game in a way that can help a lot more people make a living playing it.  Instead Monahan decided it was best to put his head in the ground.  The guy is anything but a visionary.

Please note:  This doesn't mean I am a "LIV guy" or like the format or anything like that.  I don't.  I do watch it occasionally when I'm bored, as the app makes it so I can watch golf on a weeknight.  But I like 72 hole, cuts after 2 days golf the best.

Edited by R_Swanson
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Shilgy said:

Neom city has been cut back to 2 miles long now. No more 105 miles.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, CDLgolf said:

His accident was in Feb of 2021. Has he played in 1 full pga tour event since then (not counting majors) ? And every year he gets most pip money and now an extra 100 mil. 

Wow, that's just amazing to me. I know he was the greatest to play the game but if he's not capable of playing anymore why keep giving him millions and millions.

We seem to forget he is the ONLY reason the purses got to where they are, give the man his damn tribute

The closest analogue I can think of for this is the government bailing out the Wall Street banks after they imploded the global economy in 2008, and the banks using the TARP funds to pay bonuses to themselves.

I don't understand what the investment folks are getting for their $ when two-thirds of it is used immediately to pay player bonuses for past (and in some cases relatively ancient) performance.  It's a total misallocation of capital.

Jay Monahan is a moron who shouldn't be running a lemonade stand, let alone a billion-dollar enterprise.  His only solutions so far have been to copy the other league, beg for $, and spend said $ like a teenager with daddy's credit card for the first time.

• Like 3

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TS2 21*, Fujikura Atmos HB TS 8S

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

11 minutes ago, dwboston said:

The closest analogue I can think of for this is the government bailing out the Wall Street banks after they imploded the global economy in 2008, and the banks using the TARP funds to pay bonuses to themselves.

I don't understand what the investment folks are getting for their $ when two-thirds of it is used immediately to pay player bonuses for past (and in some cases relatively ancient) performance.  It's a total misallocation of capital.

Jay Monahan is a moron who shouldn't be running a lemonade stand, let alone a billion-dollar enterprise.  His only solutions so far have been to copy the other league, beg for $, and spend said $ like a teenager with daddy's credit card for the first time.

Agreed except for the last paragraph. I'm not sure Jay is a moron or not. He and the Board of Directors are responding to an irrational economic actor. Which I guess in turn looks moronic. 

Edited by BlackDiamondPar5
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

Agreed except for the last paragraph. I'm not sure Jay is a moron or not. He and the Board of Directors are responding to an irrational economic actor. Which I guess in turn looks moronic. 

He arrogantly dismissed the notion that he had a competitor, panicked when he started losing players, refused to negotiate, played the 9/11 card, sent his remaining stars out to defend the Tour (and by extension, him), then hung them out to dry by striking the "framework" deal.  And lets not forget his health "crisis" in the middle of it all.

Any competent organization would have already sent him packing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TS2 21*, Fujikura Atmos HB TS 8S

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

17 hours ago, mosesgolf said:

Gotta keep the big Alphas of the Tour happy.  They're the ones who make or break the PGA Tour.  It's comical some of the posts I've read here lately implying the Tour is in trouble because of decreased TV ratings and LIV yada yada.  The Tour is in a great place and flush with cash.

I agree. The Tour seems to be doing just fine. LIV, to me, just doesn't exist. I may watch a round recap on YouTube, but I am definitely not seeking out the broadcast. 

• Like 1