Anyone that has an extra 3 wood PM me.

sent you a PM

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

Thanks to a WRX member I found the elusive Purple Ice 85x.....new uncut. Will be going in the MINT 15* head that I found a few months back. Can't wait to try it out! But then again its snowing in Atlanta today so will have to wait until Christmas vacation in Florida.

2023 WITB
Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5* - MMT 70x
3 Wood: Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Kai'li White 80x

Utility: Callaway X-Forged UT 21*
4-PW: Callaway Apex MBs - Project X 6.0
52* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw S Grind
58* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw Full Toe
Putter: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5k Double Wide DB

Thanks to a WRX member I found the elusive Purple Ice 85x.....new uncut. Will be going in the MINT 15* head that I found a few months back. Can't wait to try it out! But then again its snowing in Atlanta today so will have to wait until Christmas vacation in Florida.

Snowing in Hotlanta?

We haven't even seen the white stuff in Boston yet.

WOW!

• 4 weeks later...

The head I have had a while, but the Tour AD GT 6X shaft is a new (second hand) addition. Hoping this works. The previous shaft was a Quadra Fire Express 75SX, and worked out too heavy for me.

So far, from hitting in the net at the shop that did the club work, it looks promising. As this will normally be my lowest lofted fairway wood, I am hoping for low penetrating bullets, but not so low that they drop out of the sky.

• 3 weeks later...

So some food for thought...have we finally got to the point where the v-steel is obsolete? This club has been out for basically 15 years, and regarded by many including myself as the greatest fairway wood ever made. I have over the past 2 to 3 years noticed an increase in distance and accuracy with the newer woods. I still think the v steel has its place in history, and i won't ever doubt anyone for playing one. I still wish more clubs would come out with that patent sole design. I am just wondering if folks are finally moving on?

I feel like the new market of 3 woods can launch high and carry farther where you can go down to 14 or 15 degrees in loft as to were before i wouldn't look at anything less than a 4 wood.

G400 Max 9* Ping tour 65r   

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

So some food for thought...have we finally got to the point where the v-steel is obsolete? This club has been out for basically 15 years, and regarded by many including myself as the greatest fairway wood ever made. I have over the past 2 to 3 years noticed an increase in distance and accuracy with the newer woods. I still think the v steel has its place in history, and i won't ever doubt anyone for playing one. I still wish more clubs would come out with that patent sole design. I am just wondering if folks are finally moving on?

I feel like the new market of 3 woods can launch high and carry farther where you can go down to 14 or 15 degrees in loft as to were before i wouldn't look at anything less than a 4 wood.

Was told the CB2 is the longest (largest COR) 3 wood ever made and that came out about 10 years ago.

I don't know. I have heard the very latest Exotics 3 wood might finally be longer, though, which would support your theory somewhat.

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

I don't think we'll ever get to the point where something like a V-Steel is "obsolete", because many use them as fairway specific clubs that are meant to fill a gap and go a specific distance

I don't think we'll ever get to the point where something like a V-Steel is "obsolete", because many use them as fairway specific clubs that are meant to fill a gap and go a specific distance

Agreed. I have two with regular spots in the bag because they fill the right distance (230y and around 250y). The bonus is that they feel nicer to hit than any metal wood I've tried, and I like the small heads. I also have a 9w that I use instead of a 4i in winter and in wet conditions as it's easier to elevate. Again, I want a certain distance from it. In fact, the height I get on the 9w is better than the 4i for when I need to hit over some trees to get back on the right fairway after another wayward drive...

My V-steels, let me show them to you:

The Speeder 661X is in the T/S. Not sure this shaft is for me. The GT6X is in the 4w, the Quadra Fire Express RB 6SX is in the 7w, and the GT7X is in the 9w. I had to do a bit of fiddling with the shafts to find the right ones for me. The 4w was the hardest to get right, but once I found the GT6X to be a good fit for me, putting the 7X in the 9w was a no brainer.

Ideally, I'd like to put some version of the Quadra Fire in them all, but it's an expensive shaft and hard to find the ones for me second hand.

I like the square face angle on my 15 degree, but it goes really high for me. I'd like something that I can keep down, but doesn't want to go right. Do the 13 deg T/S clubs have open face angles?

Taylormade M5 9* w/Prolaunch Blue 45
Taylormade Stealth 3HL 16.5* w/Proforce V2 65 
Taylormade M2 5HL 21* w/Proforce V2 65
Adams Pro Mini Hybrids: 23*, 26* w/VS Proto 95
Srixon Zx65 Combo Irons (Z565 6, Z765 7-9, Z965 PW) w/TT AMT Black
Vokeys: SM7 52-12F, SM7 58-12D, WedgeWorks 60-10V (at 62-12), all w/Pro Modus3 115 Wedge
Odyssey DXF Doublewide

I like the square face angle on my 15 degree, but it goes really high for me. I'd like something that I can keep down, but doesn't want to go right. Do the 13 deg T/S clubs have open face angles?

What shaft is it?

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

You’re v steel collection is a thing of beauty no catchy nickname. I have an 07 burner in the bag right now with the v steel 3 wood on deck. I have been debating on getting a new wood (f6 baffler), so I think I am trying to talk myself out of the old v steel.

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

What shaft is it?

YS-6+ regular. I doubt it's the shaft. I'm not one of those high-speed late-release guys who need stiff tipped shafts.

Taylormade M5 9* w/Prolaunch Blue 45
Taylormade Stealth 3HL 16.5* w/Proforce V2 65 
Taylormade M2 5HL 21* w/Proforce V2 65
Adams Pro Mini Hybrids: 23*, 26* w/VS Proto 95
Srixon Zx65 Combo Irons (Z565 6, Z765 7-9, Z965 PW) w/TT AMT Black
Vokeys: SM7 52-12F, SM7 58-12D, WedgeWorks 60-10V (at 62-12), all w/Pro Modus3 115 Wedge
Odyssey DXF Doublewide

What shaft is it?

YS-6+ regular. I doubt it's the shaft. I'm not one of those high-speed late-release guys who need stiff tipped shafts.

Good. I think that shaft should be a decent one. Making sure you didn’t have to garbage stock one

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

You’re v steel collection is a thing of beauty no catchy nickname. I have an 07 burner in the bag right now with the v steel 3 wood on deck. I have been debating on getting a new wood (f6 baffler), so I think I am trying to talk myself out of the old v steel.

Thanks.

I really like the feel of these clubs, which is the main reason why I play them, but I also like the way they set up behind the ball. That's another big reason why I still play them.

• 2 months later...

The original Bimatrix was popular in fairways for a bit. I don’t know much about the newer one. But you already have a driver weight shaft in your V Steel now so it would probably suit you. You could probably get s cheap head off of eBay if you don’t want to mess with your other one.

Ping Rapture 14 Stiff Saishin (sp)
Ping Rapture 21 vs Proto Stiff
Ping Zing 4-SW Stiff
Ping Eye 2 Plus LW
Ping Cadence B65

Was just looking at my Stenson Diablo 3 wood tonight and it hit me...

29790592_2459843597574803_3362509840795040975_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=f57cef3066db11d469a6d53200a5ed81&oe=5B72BD6F

29791513_2459842617574901_5989185731913412561_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=98f8be87ec455b21114f8d359cc30605&oe=5B6979C4

That's wild, isn't it?

Sorry if someone else noticed that and/or brought it up earlier in this mammoth thread. It literally just hit me tonight.

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

Bought the 5 wood when they were brand new way back when. After years of being dissatisfied with every 3 wood I've tried finally got smart and picked up a V Steel 3 wood with the stock TT lite shaft they offered (same as my 5) and couldn't be happier. Amazed it took me so long to figure out if I love the 5 why not get the 3!

I have the 21 degree 7 as well but rarely take it out.

Just read that it has a .350 tip which isnt as common but on the bay there are are some older aldila shafts and sldr wood shafts with a .350 tip. So I should be able to order one of those and get it installed,right?

Absolutely---- I will warn you do not let some of these whiz bang modern folks that graduated from a PGM school try to dissuade you with talk about "well I do not know why you want to spend this money on that old of a club" I have quite a few V-Steels even though I am not gaming one front line now they are always on the ready to revert back to

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

I have a proforce 65 gold stiff shaft in my V steel 3 wood. I have a grafalloy bimatrix in my driver and love it. 110 swing speed and hit the ball really high. What do you think about putting one in my V steel? Can't find many that have put them in a fairway wood. Maybe for good reason?

I used the same Pro Force shaft in my V-Steel 7 and 9 woods for years until I got too darn old to swing them effectively. That head and shaft is one lethal combination IMHO provided you still have gas in the tank to swing it

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style