Rounds with a Vintage Bag

Doug, can you post a link to the YT channel?

It's in his sig, but for those who can't see them: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4hMKsQ1VFn6ZHLEczLYa1g

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

It's in his sig, but for those who can't see them: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4hMKsQ1VFn6ZHLEczLYa1g

Ah thanks. Sigs aren't visible on the view on my phone. Just popped open an actual computer to go check out Doug's stuff.

Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
2-10 - 1954 Spalding Synchro Dyned
SW - Wilson Staff
Putter - Bullseye
Ball - Pro Plus

YT Channel - [url="https://www.youtube.com/PlayVintageGolf"]https://www.youtube....PlayVintageGolf[/url]

Ah thanks. Sigs aren't visible on the view on my phone. Just popped open an actual computer to go check out Doug's stuff.

Baloo does an excellent job with his channel - Play Vintage Golf. Highly recommended!

Baloo does an excellent job with his channel - Play Vintage Golf. Highly recommended!

Indeed. You both are helping to spread the word of the joys of playing vintage golf. :good:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Finally starting to get the feel for the Spalding TPM 12 I've been playing the last several rounds. No 3 putts today at all and did put in a 10 footer and several 6 to 8 footers. Haven't dropped a real long one yet but left several real close.

Still enjoying the 67/68 Spalding Top Flite Professionals and am finding them very playable although I have to make sure my draw doesn't start turning into a hook. Did accidently snap hook a 3 iron shot today which surprised me as I've never hooked. I've sliced, although that's been exceedingly rare for years, but never really hooked. Wonder if it has anything to do with the jumbo grips I put on them?

All Forged, all the time.
The Sets that see regular playing time...
67 Spalding Top-Flite Professional, Cleveland Classic Persimmon Driver, 3 & 4 Spalding Top-Flite Persimmon Woods, TPM Putter.
71 Wilson Staff Button Backs, Wilson System 3000 Persimmon Driver, 3 & 5 Woods, Wilson Sam Snead Pay-Off Putter.
95 Snake Eyes S&W Forged, Snake Eyes 600T Driver, Viper MS 18* & 21* Woods, 252 & 258 Vokeys, Golfsmith Zero Friction Putter.
2015 Wilson Staff FG Tour F5, TaylorMade Superfast Driver, 16.5* Fairway, & 21* Hybrid, Harmonized SW & LW, Tour Edge Feel2 Putter.

How would you compare the Spaldings to Staffs, Hogans, or Macs of that era?

I like them better than the Hogan Bounce +1's I had sometime back and I rate them about even with my W/S Button Backs. I've never gotten on well with Macs (Sorry Stu) and can only comment on clubs I have played.

67 Spalding Top-Flite Professional, Cleveland Classic Persimmon Driver, 3 & 4 Spalding Top-Flite Persimmon Woods, TPM Putter.
71 Wilson Staff Button Backs, Wilson System 3000 Persimmon Driver, 3 & 5 Woods, Wilson Sam Snead Pay-Off Putter.
95 Snake Eyes S&W Forged, Snake Eyes 600T Driver, Viper MS 18* & 21* Woods, 252 & 258 Vokeys, Golfsmith Zero Friction Putter.
2015 Wilson Staff FG Tour F5, TaylorMade Superfast Driver, 16.5* Fairway, & 21* Hybrid, Harmonized SW & LW, Tour Edge Feel2 Putter.

I take nearly every Friday afternoon off, play golf with a portion of the regular extended group. For various reasons (including upper 90s temps), I was the only one to opt in today. When I mentioned that to the wife, she thought it would be great fun to join me; she's on summer hours, working four hours each Friday.

I'm not sure why, but I felt this was an occasion to trot out the Ram TW802 driver I'd picked up a while back (couple pics below). Pulled the hybrid, put in a 1 iron, the TW802, a Golden Ram 3w, and my 2-PW 1980 Golden Rams. I also brought along a sleeve of HT-100s for the occasion.

Had quite the interesting time. My play of late has been spotty, and today was no different, but interestingly, I was hitting the driver a bit better than usual. The 3w was awesome, I hit it well each of the three times I used it. And I found myself getting roll on the course, something I haven't been seeing much of late. Possibly because I was using a 9° persimmon? LOL

Going to keep the Rams in the bag for tomorrow, as well.

Pics for any interested

Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

How would you compare the Spaldings to Staffs, Hogans, or Macs of that era?

clay-

Which particular era- '50s, '60s, '70s, '80s?

Always liked their looks, and Spalding had a nice following on the Tour. There were a lot of birdie on the ball bags. Dave Stockton, Al (Mr 59) Geiberger, Lanny Wadkins, Craig Stadler.

Mike Hill had a set of Spalding irons in his Wilson bag. Might have been a set he got from his friend Lee Trevino.

But... Even though Bob Charles played with a set of Spalding Custom Persimmon woods for a bit, Their top line and custom equipment became almost exclusively RH Only in the '60s.

Finally starting to get the feel for the Spalding TPM 12 I've been playing the last several rounds. No 3 putts today at all and did put in a 10 footer and several 6 to 8 footers. Haven't dropped a real long one yet but left several real close.

Still enjoying the 67/68 Spalding Top Flite Professionals and am finding them very playable although I have to make sure my draw doesn't start turning into a hook. Did accidently snap hook a 3 iron shot today which surprised me as I've never hooked. I've sliced, although that's been exceedingly rare for years, but never really hooked. Wonder if it has anything to do with the jumbo grips I put on them?

Naaw the jumbo grips if anything will make you slice the ball. Naw a snap hook is caused by getting your hands too fast through the ball and turning the right hand over. Trust me I am an expert on the snap hook. This is just mere speculation mind you but I think by you hitting the 3 iron you may have went at it too hard. the snap hook is and always has been my dreaded miss. No joke I would rather shank one than snap hook one

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Played two sunrise nines this weekend. Today I took out the Diawa driver and used it off the deck as well as the tee. Hit some quality shots doing both, especially on the par 5 - 7th that always kicks my butt. Gonna check the loft on that club, but it looks like 11 or 12 to me. Anyway, it worked well enough out of the shallow rough to hit it 190 and pin high. It was sitting up with no grass behind the ball, so I figured I was safe.

Also figured out hitting a 4 iron off the tee on two holes is the smarter play. Both put me in really good positions in the fairway.

I've permanently moved up to the forward tee since I read here that Snead & Hogan allegedly recommended that one play from the forward tee until you can break par, then you are ready to move back one until you do it again. Makes some sense to me, but maybe they were just tired of waiting for hackers like me, lol.

Anyway, it was nice out there both days. Today I was the only one out there. Irons were the Wilson 1200s, 4, 6, & 8, the Thunder-stix PW, a Ping SW & Putter. 5 wood was First flight 3 persimmon.

Also got the Bushnell Phantom GPS which worked well. Hope to get out this week with the kid and get him to hit a persimmon driver. Maybe he'll get hooked!

Played another round yesterday, kept the almost full Ram bag in play. Played the front nine with the HT-100, played the first 5 holes of the back nine with the Wilson Staff FG Tour, then finished with the HT-100.

Side note: the HT-100s I have are the urethane model. I hit a cart path with one, it has a little mark on it, but other than that, it's in good shape. I've now played 28 holes with that one ball, it's still in decent shape.

As I've seen in the past, my tee game is a little better with my persimmons than it is with my 440-460cc drivers. Had another few chances to hit 3w off the deck, hit it just fine. Instead of laying up from 284 on a par 5 into the breeze, I went with the 3w and hit it to 50 yds, dead straight. I was moderately pleased with that. :)

I was playing a set of tees at 6500 yds, par 71, so got to play a bit more of the bag than the driver/wedge golf I see with the modern woods/hybrids from the white tee boxes (6100 yds). It was fairly interesting. I was playing with a 20-something friend and member of our extended group who's moderately long; I managed to stay fairly close to him in length, even with the Ram driver and HT ball. There was a few extra yards separation than there normally might be, but I was overall fairly pleased with the results. I hit 8 of 13 fairways when teeing off with driver or 3w, ironically missing the final fairway with an iron off the tee.

Somewhat shockingly, my distances are not appreciably different with the HT than they were with the FG Tour, or with the other balls I've been playing with my modern driver/3w. I wasn't expecting much, expecting significant performance deterioration. It's been 8-10 years since I've bought the HT-100s, and they obviously weren't new when I got them. ;) I'm a few yards shorter, but not all *that* much. And the feel is awesome.

I thought I had a couple dozen left, but I've only been able to find two sleeves, one of which is now in my golf bag. D'oh!

Ironically, I had four doubles on the day, but they were all the result of hitting into bunkers, and my sudden inability to play a sand shot. Last year, I'd gotten pretty decent playing out of the sand, but yesterday, I skulled two shots across the green, and barely got out a third time. I think I hit one acceptable shot out of the six bunkers I'd visited.

Overall, great fun. I'll have to put the moderns back in the bag now, I'm playing in a scramble where I'm expected to be the A player, as well as the long hitter. I think my teammates may not be as excited to see these woods in my bag as my King LTD driver. LOL After this tournament, though, I may go back to persimmon. Maybe my 80s reissue of an M09T Jumbo as the next driver contestant...

Still riding the same horse until I get bucked off. Played Tues. the 3rd at Southwinds in Boca Raton (a par 70) with my 67/68 Spalding Top Flite Professionals 2-PW, Palmer FTD Sand Wedge, Spalding T.P.M. 12 Putter, Ping Eye2 laminated Driver and 4 Wood. Playing by myself I caught 2 older gentlemen playing in front of me at hole 7. Followed them to the turn and joined them for 10 thru 18. I'm guessing around 10 years older than myself. I'm not quite 60 and I put them at late 60's early 70's at a guess. What was interesting is that both were Doctors and one was playing Ping Eye2 irons and the other Ping Zings. Both were playing modern woods and hybrids with them. They played the forward tees and I played one back from them. I was hitting it pretty well, farther and more consistently than these gentlemen, as I was having a pretty good day. They noticed the irons early on and thought they were neat and complimented me on my ability with them. I told them I loved their old Pings as well. Then on the 16th I told them I was getting tired and would join them on the forward tee box for that hole as it was a bit longer. They hit first and then I got ahold of my drive and put it out there a good 45 yards or so past them. That's when one looked at my club (the Eye2 Driver) and asked me if I had just hit a hybrid. I said no and showed him my club. That's when I discovered that they hadn't realized I was also hitting old woods. He turned to his buddy and said "Herbert, he's been hitting it past us with a wooden driver all afternoon." Had to lol. Nice guys and a great day on the course. Bogie golf with a few Pars. I enjoy them all but it's always better when you play solidly.

Keep Swinging,

Tim

Still riding the same horse until I get bucked off. Played Tues. the 3rd at Southwinds in Boca Raton (a par 70) with my 67/68 Spalding Top Flite Professionals 2-PW, Palmer FTD Sand Wedge, Spalding T.P.M. 12 Putter, Ping Eye2 laminated Driver and 4 Wood. Playing by myself I caught 2 older gentlemen playing in front of me at hole 7. Followed them to the turn and joined them for 10 thru 18. I'm guessing around 10 years older than myself. I'm not quite 60 and I put them at late 60's early 70's at a guess. What was interesting is that both were Doctors and one was playing Ping Eye2 irons and the other Ping Zings. Both were playing modern woods and hybrids with them. They played the forward tees and I played one back from them. I was hitting it pretty well, farther and more consistently than these gentlemen, as I was having a pretty good day. They noticed the irons early on and thought they were neat and complimented me on my ability with them. I told them I loved their old Pings as well. Then on the 16th I told them I was getting tired and would join them on the forward tee box for that hole as it was a bit longer. They hit first and then I got ahold of my drive and put it out there a good 45 yards or so past them. That's when one looked at my club (the Eye2 Driver) and asked me if I had just hit a hybrid. I said no and showed him my club. That's when I discovered that they hadn't realized I was also hitting old woods. He turned to his buddy and said "Herbert, he's been hitting it past us with a wooden driver all afternoon." Had to lol. Nice guys and a great day on the course. Bogie golf with a few Pars. I enjoy them all but it's always better when you play solidly.

Keep Swinging,

Tim

I love it, great round, we still have alot of Eye 2 players around here, but not alot of wooden clubs.

Played another round yesterday, kept the almost full Ram bag in play. Played the front nine with the HT-100, played the first 5 holes of the back nine with the Wilson Staff FG Tour, then finished with the HT-100.

Side note: the HT-100s I have are the urethane model. I hit a cart path with one, it has a little mark on it, but other than that, it's in good shape. I've now played 28 holes with that one ball, it's still in decent shape.

As I've seen in the past, my tee game is a little better with my persimmons than it is with my 440-460cc drivers. Had another few chances to hit 3w off the deck, hit it just fine. Instead of laying up from 284 on a par 5 into the breeze, I went with the 3w and hit it to 50 yds, dead straight. I was moderately pleased with that. :)

I was playing a set of tees at 6500 yds, par 71, so got to play a bit more of the bag than the driver/wedge golf I see with the modern woods/hybrids from the white tee boxes (6100 yds). It was fairly interesting. I was playing with a 20-something friend and member of our extended group who's moderately long; I managed to stay fairly close to him in length, even with the Ram driver and HT ball. There was a few extra yards separation than there normally might be, but I was overall fairly pleased with the results. I hit 8 of 13 fairways when teeing off with driver or 3w, ironically missing the final fairway with an iron off the tee.

Somewhat shockingly, my distances are not appreciably different with the HT than they were with the FG Tour, or with the other balls I've been playing with my modern driver/3w. I wasn't expecting much, expecting significant performance deterioration. It's been 8-10 years since I've bought the HT-100s, and they obviously weren't new when I got them. ;) I'm a few yards shorter, but not all *that* much. And the feel is awesome.

I thought I had a couple dozen left, but I've only been able to find two sleeves, one of which is now in my golf bag. D'oh!

Ironically, I had four doubles on the day, but they were all the result of hitting into bunkers, and my sudden inability to play a sand shot. Last year, I'd gotten pretty decent playing out of the sand, but yesterday, I skulled two shots across the green, and barely got out a third time. I think I hit one acceptable shot out of the six bunkers I'd visited.

Overall, great fun. I'll have to put the moderns back in the bag now, I'm playing in a scramble where I'm expected to be the A player, as well as the long hitter. I think my teammates may not be as excited to see these woods in my bag as my King LTD driver. LOL After this tournament, though, I may go back to persimmon. Maybe my 80s reissue of an M09T Jumbo as the next driver contestant...

I will tell you something from experience. You will be hitting that modern in the sweet spot and long after playing the persimmon and hitting it good. I was hitting my 925s on the range yesterday morning. Now the woods that I found with that set were Pro Pel 1s and I darn sure was not going to attempt to hit those and get my back started again. I threw an old non descript Penna with a R shaft in the bag to hit. Ended up playing yesterday afternoon and was flushing the modern Homna. I am playing Saturday in a big scramble to benefit a friend of mine's wife. I got my old partner who used to be our GM at my club. He is long as heck but wild . So yesterday I played the signature set

Keep Swinging,

Tim

I have a buddy of mine that still hits an Eye2 3 wood off the tee. He is long as heck with that thing. In fact a few years back his wife bought him a modern TM driver for Christmas and he was still longer with the old Eye2 and it a 3 wood to boot. I also had a pristine one from some of the old golf shop stock and I gave it to him for a back up just in case.

Keep Swinging,

Tim

I have a buddy of mine that still hits an Eye2 3 wood off the tee. He is long as heck with that thing. In fact a few years back his wife bought him a modern TM driver for Christmas and he was still longer with the old Eye2 and it a 3 wood to boot. I also had a pristine one from some of the old golf shop stock and I gave it to him for a back up just in case.

Wonder if the small head on the 3 wood generates more impact speed than a modern bulky driver. What's the shaft length of the eye2?. Otherwise he's just a damn good hitter !

cheers

Current Bag:

TM R7 425 driver 11.5

Cleveland Launcher #4 wood

Cobra King Hyper Steel #7 wood

BB Heavenwood # 9 wood

Titlelst DCI Black O/S irons 7 8 9 W SW, Lovett chipper

McGregor putter

Titleist Tour Soft balls

Keep Swinging,

Tim

Well played Tim. Always an enjoyable experience joining the "right" group of strangers for a little golf and conversation. For a couple of hours, an intersection of different worlds out on a golf course.

Whenever I dabble with wood, the implements that I absolutely hit the best are Ping Eye 2's. Better than any of the random persimmons. Something about the shape of them sets up very well to my eye. Also have and use a E2 4 wood. It's a masher, surprising long, very straight, near perfect ball flight. No idea why I don't play it more often. Note to self: Put the 4 in the bag for today.

Edit add: Glad to know the Spalding's found a suitable home.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

I will tell you something from experience. You will be hitting that modern in the sweet spot and long after playing the persimmon and hitting it good. I was hitting my 925s on the range yesterday morning. Now the woods that I found with that set were Pro Pel 1s and I darn sure was not going to attempt to hit those and get my back started again. I threw an old non descript Penna with a R shaft in the bag to hit. Ended up playing yesterday afternoon and was flushing the modern Homna. I am playing Saturday in a big scramble to benefit a friend of mine's wife. I got my old partner who used to be our GM at my club. He is long as heck but wild . So yesterday I played the signature set

I played 16 holes Monday, twilight golf. Used my King LTD driver. It was pretty much that, I didn't mishit it once. My only problem was squeezing the club on one shot for a weak fade, and overcooking a fade on a dogleg right par 5.

I used to have a bit more trouble transitioning back to the Ti drivers, but they used to be an inch longer. I've been using 43.5" this whole season, no real transition anymore. ;)

Playing in a few hours, have a King LTD 3w to mess with, also. Previous owner did something to the spaceport, loctite or glue; I'd planned on stuffing it with a few cotton balls to bring up the weight. Now I have to screw around with it to do that. Thank the golf gods for lead tape. ;)

I played 16 holes Monday, twilight golf. Used my King LTD driver. It was pretty much that, I didn't mishit it once. My only problem was squeezing the club on one shot for a weak fade, and overcooking a fade on a dogleg right par 5.

I used to have a bit more trouble transitioning back to the Ti drivers, but they used to be an inch longer. I've been using 43.5" this whole season, no real transition anymore. ;)

Playing in a few hours, have a King LTD 3w to mess with, also. Previous owner did something to the spaceport, loctite or glue; I'd planned on stuffing it with a few cotton balls to bring up the weight. Now I have to screw around with it to do that. Thank the golf gods for lead tape. ;)

NRJ. FWIW suggestion. May want to consider using knitting yarn (the Mrs. has more than ample supply). Accomplishes the same task as cotton balls. But easier to fish out if you don't like the results or decide to liquidate the club at some future point. Used it to SW up a G25 once, after chopping it down to 44.5". Stuffed the head full of yarn. After weighing out how much was needed. Added benefit, muffled the sound a bit as well. Read where one can use small diameter Polyfill to do the same thing.

Spaceport? Heat gun should loosen it. Maybe? Beam me up.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

I set my clubs against each other Wednesday in an epic dual between Macgregor DX2, and Staff tour blades. In an effort to make things interesting I complimented each set with matching woods, the Macs had DX2 persimmons, the Staffs had Strata Block laminates with the Staff designation. Filling out the bags for the Wilsons I had a Fluid Feel Sand wedge, and for the Macs a Penna wedge, all putts were made with a Spalding Cash-In.

The match was played at Wytheville Golf Club, and it was interesting. I hit the Macgregor woods much better than I hit the Staffs, and that was the difference. Both sets of irons performed as expected, the DX2s are very good clubs, and as I have noted before the Wilson Staff Tour Blades are great. I find both sets more accurate than my current modern gamers Cobra F7s. I love the Wilson Sand Wedge, if you have never tried one of these, buy one! The Penna wedge was suprising. It is very heavy, and on a pencil shaft, but it just plain works out of the sand. I hot a 86 with the Macs, and a 89 with the Wilsons. All of the difference was in the woods. Those DX woods, I think are mid 60's and while they are not lookers they just flat out play. I also had a M/T Tourney 4 wood in the bag with an aluminum insert. It was great as well. For what ever reason I could not make the Staff woods work as well, they still did O.K., but they tended to slice a bit more than the Macs, and were not quite as long. As with all the rounds I have played with classic woods, the fairway woods are every bit as long as my modern set. They don't launch the ball as high, but are very solid, and for me easier to swing as I can feel the weight of the club in my back swing. It was a great time, on a good course in terrible heat. Solid win for the Macs!! The DX2 irons are my current favorite in my Mac Stable. Also love the Burton bag that I got for $3.50. If you ever see a Burton buy it they last forever.

NRJ. FWIW suggestion. May want to consider using knitting yarn (the Mrs. has more than ample supply). Accomplishes the same task as cotton balls. But easier to fish out if you don't like the results or decide to liquidate the club at some future point. Used it to SW up a G25 once, after chopping it down to 44.5". Stuffed the head full of yarn. After weighing out how much was needed. Added benefit, muffled the sound a bit as well. Read where one can use small diameter Polyfill to do the same thing.

Spaceport? Heat gun should loosen it. Maybe? Beam me up.

Thanks, Fella. :)

With the King LTD, the spaceport gives you an opening large enough that you don't have to worry about reversing the process, if you don't care for it. I've already loaded and unloaded my King LTD driver a couple times, each. Going to try paste a pic in for context :)

61tX%2BWT-EgL._SX425_.jpg

Is that the Death Star on the bottom of your Driver!?! Cool!

Today's Round: I have either dislocated my right elbow or sheared off another bone chip... or both. I will undoubtedly be down for a while. Wish me a speedy recovery. I get pretty growly when I can't play. Don't be too shocked if I'm not as active here for a while as well. I'm hoping it's no big deal put the Boss (my wife) says that if it doesn't look and feel better tomorrow that she's running me into the hospital for X-rays.

Today's Round: I have either dislocated my right elbow or sheared off another bone chip... or both. I will undoubtedly be down for a while. Wish me a speedy recovery. I get pretty growly when I can't play. Don't be too shocked if I'm not as active here for a while as well. I'm hoping it's no big deal put the Boss (my wife) says that if it doesn't look and feel better tomorrow that she's running me into the hospital for X-rays.

Bummer! Yes, speedy recovery Tim!

Good luck, Tim. Hope it's a short term issue...

Good luck! Nothing worse than being house bound and watching nice golfing weather roll by outside. Finger's crossed on the x-rays.

Just an older guy with 7 or 8 clubs and a MacKenzie Sunday Walker bag