How close to an Ace have you come?

Jasonfish_02

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The closest I have come to an Ace is I flew one into the actual hole and it hit the top of the cup and bounced out. Didn't hit the pin and I could see the full ball inprint inside the hole. Only problem was the top of the plastic cup which rejected my ball. I don't think you can come any closer than that.

The funny thing is I have had two other actual hole in ones which both of which were slam dunks on the fly (that stayed in the cup).

Got one when I was 7 years old... it's been 12 years since... I have many within a foot an almost had one on a 286yd par 4 (1 foot short) but just can't get another to drop.

913D3 8.5* - Elements Chrome 7F5T
BioCell+ 14.5* - VTS Silver TourSPX 8SX
913Hd 18* - KBS Tour X
J40CB 3-P - DG Tour Issue X100
SM5 52F and 58K -DG Tour Issue S400
SC Monterey 1.5 - Blacked Out Pistolero
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1150133-jjensen-a-fresh-start-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I've had one hang on the lip. 5 or 6 inside a foot. 2 have ricocheted off flags. Still looking for the first.

My dad's had 2 and another that somehow stayed on the lip. Ball was mostly looking in.

I've seen 5.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

This close, it actually spun back, something I don't do very often.

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

I have one ace in a tournament round as a junior. Was really cool because I had a decent sized gallery and both of my parents were there which made it special. My dad has been playing over 50 years and is the best golfer in our family and has NONE. Every time we play together I hope and pray he gets one when we are on a par 3. Last month we were playing in a practice round before a scramble and he hit an amazing shot. Tracking the flag the whole way, hits the pin and lips out. Pin wasn't all the way in so there will always be that doubt that the flag not being all the way in knocked it out. I almost cried. Ugh.

I've had 2...both on the same hole. #2 at Stoneridge in Blanchard Id. 9 iron a short 130 yd par 3. I've played that course at least a thousand times. But I've come close on dozens of others. I play 6 days a week.

Cleveland DST 10.5 stiff
Wilson Staff 15* FW stiff
Wilson Staff D-100 19* hy
Adams CB3 4-GW KBS stock/stiff
Wilson Harmonized M3 putter/35"
Carbite 56* SW / Carbite TS 60* LW

[quote name='CKalma' timestamp='1388352660' post='8364051']
Alot of shots under a foot. I have also hit the flagstick a few times but they never stay close after impact.
[/quote]

Go Seahawks!![attachment=2002253:20131220_115732.jpg]

Cleveland DST 10.5 stiff
Wilson Staff 15* FW stiff
Wilson Staff D-100 19* hy
Adams CB3 4-GW KBS stock/stiff
Wilson Harmonized M3 putter/35"
Carbite 56* SW / Carbite TS 60* LW

I have one that I didn't see go in Hawaii :( but I still love it. Last summer I had one roll to the lip of the hole and didn't go in because the last player had made a ridge on the cup from slamming the flag into it, costing me the hole in one.

I had two hit the stick and and bounce away. I had one roll over the cup and not fall in with my son on his first time golfing, thought If would be a great bookend to my hole in one. My hole in one came the weekend we found out we were pregnant with him.

• 2 weeks later...

[color=#0000FF][b]I have had 3 but that is not my greatest story. I was playing in the Bearcat Open-- a gross and handicap tournament benefitting the University of Cincinnati. On the 13th hole at Shaker Run I hit first and saw my ball rolling directly at the hole only to stop literally 3 inches short, directly in front of the cup. The second guy missed the green, the third hit about 15 feet left and our 4th, Larry Elssasser hit a sweet draw which found the green and curved around my ball and into the hole for his only ace of his career and $10,000!!! The rest of the story is the guy who missed the green chipped up missed his put and carded a 4. The guy 15 feet left two putted for a 3. I tapped in for a birdie 2 and of course Larry already had a 1. So not only did he win the $10,000 --- our score card read 1, 2, 3, 4. Larry sadly passed away a few years ago but I remember many wonderful afternoons playing golf with him.[/b][/color]

Had one extremely close with a night glow golf ball. It was sitting directly behind the pin, on the lip, so we couldn't see it from the tee. Thought it went in...which was good and bad. I've never had one, but wasn't (and still not) sure I wanted the first to be with a night glow ball that won me a used Fiesta.

I've tagged the pin a few other times, and been within the leather more times than I can remember.

I've hit 3 pins and 1 flag, though I've never had an ace. The closest finishing to the hole was the flag shot, which I guess fell almost straight down, LMAO, though not straight enough, because it finished 4" from the hole. Of the three pin shots, two were one bouncers and one was on the fly, with the bouncers finishing 3-5' away, and one putt I made for bird, the other I yanked, and the son of a b!tch that hit it on the fly ricocheted off of a lower front/left pin placement to a back right location 36-38' away on the second tier of a punishing two tiered green.

I ended up getting the two putt, though I had to make a 5' down hiller to do it.

Seriously, it was a lucky make cuz I did'nt stroke the putt that well, though I figured, "He Giveth, and He Taketh Away," or somethin like that.

Have a great season-

Fairways & Greens My Friends,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Mine just came last weekend. I was just booking a tee time for this weekend and thought about it. It was on the 15th hole at my course. I hit 8iron into the green. I was playing with my wife. When I hit it, I knew I hit it pure. Said to the wife - "that felt great". I can see that the ball is working its way back to the flag. It was dead on. It hit the green, bounced once, hit the flag, the flag rattled a bit and the ball disappeared.

Now, I will say that it was later in the day, sun was directly in our eyes, and there's a front bunker that obscures a person's sight line a little. My wife looked at me, and I looked at her. Didn't say a word. I thought it went in. She broke the silence and said she thought it was in. She said forget about her tee shot, let's go look. I said no, tee off maybe we'll see the ball from your tee. I'm trying to stay calm because I really thought it was in. Get to her tee, still can't see the ball. She tees off, and I'm just staring at the pin the entire time, can't see any ball on the green but hers (she plays a pink ball). Not until I park the cart and start to walk up to the green do I see that the ball is less than a foot directly behind the pin. The ball mark was less than two feet from the front of the pin. It was the worst feeling birdie I think I ever had.

Ping G410 plus Tour65 S
PING G410 3w Tour 75 S
PING G410 hybrids: 18*, 22* & 26* TENSEI PRO BLUE 80 GR S
[PING G410 irons: 6 - U Nippon MODUS³ Tour 105
PING Glide 3.0 Wedges: 54* SS, & 60* SS

Scott Cameron Fastback 2.0
Member of TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

I have never had a hole in one but have had at least a dozen really close calls where the ball has rested on the edge of the cup or shaved the hole on the way past. The closest was probably when I hit a wdge into a short par 3 and found my pitcn mark an inch directly beyond the hole and the ball a couple inches short on the same line as the pitch mark. Still have trouble figuring out that one.