2014 Taylormade TP CB, MC & MB Pics (American release photos and spec sheets)

MorikawaTMAG

[quote name='xerpro' timestamp='1384314164' post='8141070']
Im going to cover up TOUR PREFERRED with a strip of lead tape....
Problem solved....Then they look clean and scream playa!!!
[/quote]
I was also thinking that these are going to be great to lead tape up lol. Would people think that SLDR blue would be better than the red?

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Zach Heusser' timestamp='1384315021' post='8141154']
[/quote]
I was also thinking that these are going to be great to lead tape up lol. Would people think that SLDR blue would be better than the red?
[/quote]

Oohhh.. Blue??! I love Blue.. now you've opened a major can of works Zach!

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

[quote name='MorikawaTMAG' timestamp='1384314915' post='8141150']
[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1384314740' post='8141126']
[quote name='MorikawaTMAG' timestamp='1384314298' post='8141086']
[/quote]

Hear that everyone! one of the first people on this thread who decided to problem solve instead of whine
[/quote]

The vibe I get from the tone of this thread isn't "whining", I think most everyone is excited about the new line, I personally think it looks very promising and much better than that Rocketbladez crap that was pitched as a players club all of last year. I think a simple addition of the TP badge in place of the "Tour Preferred" text would do so much for the club. Not saying it will improve playability or any of the other blah blah blah on here.. simply the cherry on top of something that has been a long time coming.
[/quote]

good point, but when the same members talk about the same thing page after page... you know who those people are
[/quote]

That is what this site is about and what people should do! Same thing happens in Cally, Nike, SC and other threads too. People like to voice their opinions on what they would like to see from oems.

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1384315174' post='8141162']
[/quote]

Hear that everyone! one of the first people on this thread who decided to problem solve instead of whine
[/quote]

The vibe I get from the tone of this thread isn't "whining", I think most everyone is excited about the new line, I personally think it looks very promising and much better than that Rocketbladez crap that was pitched as a players club all of last year. I think a simple addition of the TP badge in place of the "Tour Preferred" text would do so much for the club. Not saying it will improve playability or any of the other blah blah blah on here.. simply the cherry on top of something that has been a long time coming.
[/quote]

good point, but when the same members talk about the same thing page after page... you know who those people are
[/quote]

That is what this site is about and what people should do! Same thing happens in Cally, Nike, SC and other threads too. People like to voice their opinions on what they would like to see from oems.
[/quote]

I see that now, thanks for the point of view changer! Even with all of the same comments there are so many creative, good, informative ones. I gave more likes today than my entire time on GolfWRX

Honolulu, Hi
WITB Link

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nothing would have made me happier, if these had the TP logo on the toe, but they dont....Now lets hope they roll the MBs out in a smoke finish...ALA, Speedbladez
Oops....Wasnt supposed to let that slip

Taylormade M5 Tour 9* AD-VR 6
Callaway Steelhead XR 16* Ahina 60X
Tour Edge EXS220 18* Ventus
Adams MB2 RAW 5-PW Smoke KBS Tour 120
MD4 Raw 50/58/62 
Piretti Cortino 2

I personally think it looks very promising and much better than that Rocketbladez crap that was pitched as a players club all of last year.

taylormade-rocketbladez-tour_640.jpg

post-182718-0-10999600-1384278726.jpg

Similar lines. Same technology. Rocketbladez actually have less branding.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

[quote name='MorikawaTMAG' timestamp='1384315422' post='8141184']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I see that now, thanks for the point of view changer! Even with all of the same comments there are so many creative, good, informative ones too. I gave more likes today than my entire time on GolfWRX
[/quote]

Lol, same here. My like button is worn out after today for sure.

[quote name='xerpro' timestamp='1384314442' post='8141102']
[quote name='KCCO' timestamp='1384314211' post='8141074']
[quote name='ckay' timestamp='1384309693' post='8140660']
This is amazing! People dismissing these clubs because of a badge! Seems people care more about how clubs look than performance!

Better to look like somebody that can crush it 330 and shoot 67 than actually doing it I guess!
[/quote]

I think it's just a let down to people as it's been voiced very loud and clear before these irons came out that people wanted the badge back, and TMAG went a different direction....kinda like Chevy not putting round tail lights on the new Vette. Consumers voiced what they wanted in looks, they weren't hearing it. Doesn't mean it doesn't perform, and I'm sure few have doubt in these irons performing.
[/quote]

Good analogy....I dont think its TMAG being jerks about it....It has to do with the Corvette logo....period.
Badge to make 1100 people happy vs. 2.6 mill in litigation....
Trust me, I wanted the badge....So much I was willing to tattoo it on me...
But its not going to happen
[/quote]

Ehhh screw corvette. Most corvette owners are probably golfers, and would understand

Zolex 0 CC "The Hammer" driver
Warrior 3h
Divnick Adjustable Iron
Spin Doctor Wedges
Top Spin Putter
Molitor & Pinnacle balls

You want to meet these people?? You want to tell them how to run their Business? What companies have you told what to do so far? Five yrs ago TM, Acushnet and Callaway were all doing around $1 bil each. last year TM came very close to $1.9 Bil while Acushnet was still around $1 Bil and Callaway had fallen to around $700mil. Callaway is projected to be up over $750 but under $800 mil this year. Everyone else will be down this year. Acushnet probably around $900 mil maybe less, TM about 1.7 Bil (but they gained market share with irons this year) most losses were from a rebound from a huge fairway wood business last year. Weather conditions in the east destroyed much of the golf season this year. (these are educated estimates based on 3Q #s.)
So I doubt that there is anyone here going tell them how to run the the most successful golf company to grow any faster.
"And that's the facts, Jack" :golfer:

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1384313829' post='8141036']
[quote name='Rebel420' timestamp='1384313562' post='8141010']
Mark your calendars, folks. 11 pages of posts without it being filled with 10 pages of "hater vs fanboy" crap...probably the most positive TM post I have ever seen on here... Tells me TM must be doing something right! There is a lot of unhappiness though about the lack of TP logo, which, you would think, that if someone from TM sees this, they would think "OK, we did good enough to keep the haters from slandering us, but now we have pages of posts from our loyal fan base that we have pi$$ed off....they still like the irons, but maybe we should throw them a bone for enduring the years of crap on here, sticking by us when it was 3 to 1 hater vs them....let's give them the TP logo back"... One could only hope.

Personally, I think these are great looking irons. The "Tour Preferred" vs logo thing, I admit, I prefer the logo. The script wouldn't be as bad, but the red paint, ehhh. At least put the "tour preferred script on the hosel. Just an opinion. Wouldn't be a deal breaker if I was in this market at the moment. I still think these are their best looking irons ever, and better than anything else on the market....but so close to perfection, but still missing it.

with that said, does the CB remind anyone else of the R9 "B stamp" irons?
[/quote]

11 pages till you brought it up.. [size=5][i][b]again[/b][/i][/size]. C'mon Rebel, every TM thread.
[/quote]

Nawww just saying awesome thread for these awesome looking irons

Warrior 3h
Divnick Adjustable Iron
Spin Doctor Wedges
Top Spin Putter
Molitor & Pinnacle balls

[quote name='Zach Heusser' timestamp='1384315021' post='8141154']
[/quote]
[/quote]
+1 on the blue.
Then again, these still would look good with lead tape or even a pink Hello Kitty band-aid over it

Warrior 3h
Divnick Adjustable Iron
Spin Doctor Wedges
Top Spin Putter
Molitor & Pinnacle balls

I personally think it looks very promising and much better than that Rocketbladez crap that was pitched as a players club all of last year.

I dunno Q. Still need to see the new ones from address. I was referring to the line of Rocketbladez and the line of the Tour Preferred, the entire line of Tour Preferred clubs we have seen are definitely more "player" focused.

BTW, I was in Kansas City for 5 days last week for work.. Had lots of good BBQ!

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

Dear Diary,
JACKPOT!

Dr. Sim2 8° w/ RDX blue 60 6.5

3 Wood. Sim2 15° and 19° w/ Diamana 70x

Ui. Callaway x forged ut 21° w/ dg120 x100

4 to GW. Mizuno Pro 223 w/ dg120 x100

SW and Lw. 54° and 58° Milled grind raw w/ dg s200

Putter. Odyssey OG 1ws, 33 inches

Ball. Taylormade TP5x

I dunno Q. Still need to see the new ones from address. I was referring to the line of Rocketbladez and the line of the Tour Preferred, the entire line of Tour Preferred clubs we have seen are definitely more "player" focused.

BTW, I was in Kansas City for 5 days last week for work.. Had lots of good BBQ!

Dude... If you didn't get some for everyone your not allowed to talk about it....

Hmmmm..... Gates....

Hate you right now.

9.5 Opti440 - Fujikura Rombax 5Wo6 X

Taylormade 17.9 4 wood - NVX (X)
Adams DHY Hybrid X
Cobra ACP's 4-PW
MD2's 52/58
LowTide FIN #5 Custom

Original Arthur Bryant's for the win.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

[quote name='MCoz' timestamp='1384317118' post='8141304']
You want to meet these people?? You want to tell them how to run their Business? What companies have you told what to do so far? Five yrs ago TM, Acushnet and Callaway were all doing around $1 bil each. last year TM came very close to $1.9 Bil while Acushnet was still around $1 Bil and Callaway had fallen to around $700mil. Callaway is projected to be up over $750 but under $800 mil this year. Everyone else will be down this year. Acushnet probably around $900 mil maybe less, TM about 1.7 Bil (but they gained market share with irons this year) most losses were from a rebound from a huge fairway wood business last year. Weather conditions in the east destroyed much of the golf season this year. (these are educated estimates based on 3Q #s.)
So I doubt that there is anyone here going tell them how to run the the most successful golf company to grow any faster.
[/quote]

for you guys who thought their marketing didnt work....

Honolulu, Hi
WITB Link

I wonder why TM ditched the TP badge at the last minute? They must realize that 'badges' and 'boys' were made to go together? :to_become_senile: I think they may well regret this over time when they reflect............

Still.............nice looking irons...........but still prefer the looks etc of the Cally Apex, Mizzy MP-54 and AP2............now if you stuck a TP badge on the back????

Some small factory in far east will look at this thread and start making a plastic TP badge and sell them in 15 packs with a tube of super glue for $15 plus shipping.....and then you can glue them on yourself :derisive:

Driver - Ping G400 LST 8.5* Tour Stiff 65
Fairways - Ping G410 #5 17.5* Evenflow 75 Stiff (set at big minus 16* = 3/4 wood)
Hybrids - Ping G 19* #3 Stiff Tour Stiff 90 and Ping G410 24* #4 Tour Stiff 85
Irons - Ping G410 irons 5-PW Nippon N.S.Pro 950 GH Stiff white dot +1/2" 
Wedges - Ping Glide 3.0 50* green dot +1/2", Ping Glide 3.0 54* black dot and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye 58* black dot
Bag  Ping DLX Black
Putter  Bettinardi Queen Bee #8 2017 model
Head covers for woods Ping Black/White Pompoms
Balls  Titleist ProV1, ProvV1X, AVX and TaylorMade TP5X (depending on the course and weather)
Cart Clicgear 3.5+

[quote name='MorikawaTMAG' timestamp='1384319790' post='8141488']
[quote name='MCoz' timestamp='1384317118' post='8141304']
[/quote]

for you guys who thought their marketing didnt work....
[/quote]

Not a single person in this thread has asked about the sales of tmag, achusnet, or callaway. Or about whether TMAG's marketing worked. As far as I knew, this thread was about the pics of the new tp line. Thanks to you two for the info though.

I like the MBs, but I prefer the previous gen for everything else.

CALLAWAY GBB - 9* Aldila Rogue I/O 60 X
TEE E8 Beta - 13* Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S
TEE CBX hybrid - 16* HZRDUS 6.0
TEE EX9 Tour hybrid - 18* Recoil 780 ES S
WILSON FG Tour V4 - 4-P DG Pro S
TITLEIST Vokey SM6 - 52.12 F
Indi Golf Stingray TT 58*
EXOTICS DG-v 1.2

I don't consider myself a TM hater, certainly not a fan for various reasons but these Irons do look quite good.
If the quality, quality control is there they have themselves some winners here. Curious on price points. I have
a couple sets of shafts sitting here so not to concerned with what shaft(s) they'll offer.

Not a fan of the "tour preffered" slapped across them but I don't get the obsession for the TP logo.

I just HAVE to wonder what focus group they surveyed who said the words were better than the logo. Even just the letters TP would look much better...

TS3 8.5 (D1) Motore Speeder 7.2TS X

TSi3 15 (C1) Rogue 130MSI white 80x
818h1 19 (C2) Tensei Pro white 90tx/X-forged UT 18 PX 6.5
MP5 4-pw $-taper 130
Zipcore 50,55,60
Redwood Anser

[quote name='MorikawaTMAG' timestamp='1384274160' post='8137294']
second pic is mine, the rest are from fellow members who posted them in this thread (Just incase you didnt want to go through the entire thread).

[b]Note: Irons will not have TP badge on them, only on prototypes[/b]
[/quote] Thanks Morikawa - did you test all 3 models or just go straight for the MC? I agree with you - I like the simplicity a lot.

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1384275446' post='8137432']
These are going to make a sexy combo set
[/quote] CP you might be on to a good thing there. MC in the long irons and MB in the 7-W or 8-W. What will / may be a deciding factor is what the new wedges look like and their lofts. Any clues on lofts yet - will these be strong?