Which Accessories Identify You As A Hacker?

12930313234

Comments

  • KCCOKCCO Members Posts: 1,870 ✭✭
    A bag full of PXG’s...with the hat to match
    Titleist 917 D3 Tour Spec Speeder
    Titleist 917 F2 Tensei Orange
    Titleist 818 H2 Tensei White
    Titleist 718 CB 4-PW KBS C-Taper Limited Gun Metal
    PXG Darkness 52/58 MCI-100 black
    009 ProV1

  • jschwarbjschwarb Members Posts: 739 ✭✭
    playa wrote:


    Iron head covers

    Ball retriever

    Ball marker attached to the glove




    My dad was a great player when I was kid, me and my siblings bought him a retriever for Father's Day one year. He put on a happy face but returned it. I understand now.



    As for the ball marker on the glove, I wish the OEM's hadn't moved away from that. Did they think it was uncool? In a pinch, it was handy to have. If you've got something rigged up that wasn't original to the glove, OK, that's kind of a hacker move.
  • playaplaya Members Posts: 8,714 ✭✭
    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but it doesn't get much more hackerish than hybrids instead of long irons.



    Also agree that carrying bag with clubs facing back is a hack move.
  • hybrid25hybrid25 michiganMembers Posts: 1,539 ✭✭
    playa wrote:


    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but it doesn't get much more hackerish than hybrids instead of long irons.



    Also agree that carrying bag with clubs facing back is a hack move.
    I carry four hybrids and don't think it is 'hackish' in the least, especially when I can go out and beat you in stroke play with them. Actually what is much worse is a person with a set of blades, as you call them, and hacks around the course, then makes fun of those who have hybrids and plays a decent game.
  • ruffellprefleyruffellprefley Members Posts: 2,023 ✭✭
    playa wrote:


    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but it doesn't get much more hackerish than hybrids instead of long irons.



    Also agree that carrying bag with clubs facing back is a hack move.




    lol so many hacks on tour
  • playaplaya Members Posts: 8,714 ✭✭

    playa wrote:


    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but it doesn't get much more hackerish than hybrids instead of long irons.



    Also agree that carrying bag with clubs facing back is a hack move.




    lol so many hacks on tour


    Which tour?
  • playaplaya Members Posts: 8,714 ✭✭
    hybrid25 wrote:

    playa wrote:


    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but it doesn't get much more hackerish than hybrids instead of long irons.



    Also agree that carrying bag with clubs facing back is a hack move.
    I carry four hybrids and don't think it is 'hackish' in the least, especially when I can go out and beat you in stroke play with them. Actually what is much worse is a person with a set of blades, as you call them, and hacks around the course, then makes fun of those who have hybrids and plays a decent game.


    I play CBs but I agree that a hacker playing blades is worse.
  • ruffellprefleyruffellprefley Members Posts: 2,023 ✭✭
    playa wrote:


    playa wrote:


    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but it doesn't get much more hackerish than hybrids instead of long irons.



    Also agree that carrying bag with clubs facing back is a hack move.




    lol so many hacks on tour


    Which tour?




    all tours have accomplished pro players using hybrids. doesn’t seem like a “hack accessory” to me
  • knock it closeknock it close Members Posts: 7,945 ✭✭
    playa wrote:


    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but it doesn't get much more hackerish than hybrids instead of long irons.



    Also agree that carrying bag with clubs facing back is a hack move.
    Did I wake up in 2002?
    M2, maybe
    915 FD
    913 HD
    712u 3
    714 AP2 4-p
    SM5 53, 59
    Circa62
  • theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,040 ✭✭
    playa wrote:


    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but it doesn't get much more hackerish than hybrids instead of long irons.



    Also agree that carrying bag with clubs facing back is a hack move.




    So many tour pros are hacks. So are those major winners that have won with hybrids in the bag, I guess.
  • playaplaya Members Posts: 8,714 ✭✭

    playa wrote:


    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but it doesn't get much more hackerish than hybrids instead of long irons.



    Also agree that carrying bag with clubs facing back is a hack move.




    So many tour pros are hacks. So are those major winners that have won with hybrids in the bag, I guess.


    Name me a major champion whose longest iron was a 6?
  • knock it closeknock it close Members Posts: 7,945 ✭✭
    playa wrote:


    playa wrote:


    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but it doesn't get much more hackerish than hybrids instead of long irons.



    Also agree that carrying bag with clubs facing back is a hack move.




    So many tour pros are hacks. So are those major winners that have won with hybrids in the bag, I guess.


    Name me a major champion whose longest iron was a 6?
    YE Yang
    M2, maybe
    915 FD
    913 HD
    712u 3
    714 AP2 4-p
    SM5 53, 59
    Circa62
  • Hateto3PuttHateto3Putt Smoking Makes You Look Cool! Members Posts: 6,274 ✭✭

    playa wrote:


    playa wrote:


    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but it doesn't get much more hackerish than hybrids instead of long irons.



    Also agree that carrying bag with clubs facing back is a hack move.




    So many tour pros are hacks. So are those major winners that have won with hybrids in the bag, I guess.


    Name me a major champion whose longest iron was a 6?
    YE Yang




    What a hack! image/rofl.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rofl:' />
  • Majors17Majors17 Members Posts: 76
    Blade irons in a hacks bag is always amusing
  • playaplaya Members Posts: 8,714 ✭✭

    playa wrote:


    playa wrote:


    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but it doesn't get much more hackerish than hybrids instead of long irons.



    Also agree that carrying bag with clubs facing back is a hack move.




    So many tour pros are hacks. So are those major winners that have won with hybrids in the bag, I guess.


    Name me a major champion whose longest iron was a 6?
    YE Yang


    Pretty sure he had a 5 iron, but don't let facts get in the way.
  • ruffellprefleyruffellprefley Members Posts: 2,023 ✭✭
    playa wrote:


    playa wrote:


    playa wrote:


    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but it doesn't get much more hackerish than hybrids instead of long irons.



    Also agree that carrying bag with clubs facing back is a hack move.




    So many tour pros are hacks. So are those major winners that have won with hybrids in the bag, I guess.


    Name me a major champion whose longest iron was a 6?
    YE Yang


    Pretty sure he had a 5 iron, but don't let facts get in the way.




    as of 2017 he only carries up to a 6 iron. so I guess he became a hack after winning a major championship? but you know, i’m only pretty sure, so that’s a fact, right?
  • Togatown22Togatown22 Saratoga Springs, NYMembers Posts: 2,754 ✭✭
    playa wrote:


    playa wrote:


    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but it doesn't get much more hackerish than hybrids instead of long irons.



    Also agree that carrying bag with clubs facing back is a hack move.




    So many tour pros are hacks. So are those major winners that have won with hybrids in the bag, I guess.


    Name me a major champion whose longest iron was a 6?




    Considering a 5-iron a 'long iron' identifies you as a hack. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Rogue 10.5 Graphite Design AD TP 6S
    Rogue 15 PX Even Flow Blue S
    816H1 19 Motore Speeder 8.8 S
    718 AP3 4,5 DG AWT Black S
    718 AP2 6-Gap DG AWT Black S
    SM7 54.10M, 58.04L DG TI Onyx S400
    Futura 5.5W
  • knock it closeknock it close Members Posts: 7,945 ✭✭
    playa wrote:


    playa wrote:


    playa wrote:


    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but it doesn't get much more hackerish than hybrids instead of long irons.



    Also agree that carrying bag with clubs facing back is a hack move.




    So many tour pros are hacks. So are those major winners that have won with hybrids in the bag, I guess.


    Name me a major champion whose longest iron was a 6?
    YE Yang


    Pretty sure he had a 5 iron, but don't let facts get in the way.
    Ah you're right I was looking at the 2010 WITB not the 2009, hand up that's on me.
    M2, maybe
    915 FD
    913 HD
    712u 3
    714 AP2 4-p
    SM5 53, 59
    Circa62
  • playaplaya Members Posts: 8,714 ✭✭
    edited Apr 30, 2018 #1010
    Hey Ruffleprefly,

    Spieth won 2 majors with a chicken wing, does that mean a chicken wing is a sign of a great golf swing?

    I'm sure you could find tour players or major champions who contradict most of the posts on this thread, but the op was asking a general question, not dealing in absolutes.

    You seem like the type that would hate star trek because the warp drive can't possibly exist within the laws of physics.
  • playaplaya Members Posts: 8,714 ✭✭
    edited Apr 30, 2018 #1011
    Togatown22 wrote:

    playa wrote:


    playa wrote:


    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but it doesn't get much more hackerish than hybrids instead of long irons.



    Also agree that carrying bag with clubs facing back is a hack move.




    So many tour pros are hacks. So are those major winners that have won with hybrids in the bag, I guess.


    Name me a major champion whose longest iron was a 6?




    Considering a 5-iron a 'long iron' identifies you as a hack. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />


    I actually play a 4, but with jacked up lofts I slipped 5 into long iron territory, but you make a good point👊
  • ruffellprefleyruffellprefley Members Posts: 2,023 ✭✭
    playa wrote:


    Hey Ruffleprefly,

    Spieth won 2 majors with a chicken wing, does that mean a chicken wing is a sign of a great golf swing?

    I'm sure you could find tour players or major champions who contradict most of the posts on this thread, but the op was asking a general question, not dealing in absolutes.

    You seem like the type that would hate star trek because the warp drive can't possibly exist within the laws of physics.




    nice straw man argument, but not really applicable here.



    you said hybrids = hacks. I pointed out you’re wrong. if you read further back in the thread I mentioned along the same lines that there are exceptions to every one of these “accessories”. so you got me. I took the bait on the line you dangled out in the pond.



    by the way, OP was talking accessories not equipment. so your hybrid comment is still wrong
  • playaplaya Members Posts: 8,714 ✭✭
    edited Apr 30, 2018 #1013

    playa wrote:


    Hey Ruffleprefly,

    Spieth won 2 majors with a chicken wing, does that mean a chicken wing is a sign of a great golf swing?

    I'm sure you could find tour players or major champions who contradict most of the posts on this thread, but the op was asking a general question, not dealing in absolutes.

    You seem like the type that would hate star trek because the warp drive can't possibly exist within the laws of physics.




    nice straw man argument, but not really applicable here.



    you said hybrids = hacks. I pointed out you’re wrong. if you read further back in the thread I mentioned along the same lines that there are exceptions to every one of these “accessories”. so you got me. I took the bait on the line you dangled out in the pond.



    by the way, OP was talking accessories not equipment. so your hybrid comment is still wrong


    Op did say accessories so you got me there. I will concede that hybrids probably aren't exclusively used by hackers, but they are a great topic to flame posters here as everyone gets so touchy when you mention them.

    For the record I don't use hybrids as I hook the sh!t out of them, so I choose to take the high ground and say they are for hackers, instead of admitting my lack of ability to use them. It's always the arrow😉
  • EmperorPenguinEmperorPenguin Members Posts: 1,104 ✭✭
    Yes, there is a very simple distinction between equipment and accessories, though I do admit that a chipping club is a dead giveaway for a hacker.



    Here is another accessory that hackers use. An accessories pouch is great to organize all your little things you need (e.g., tees, ball markers, divot tool, etc.), but hanging the pouch on your bag is definitely a sign that you are a hacker.



    28h2wqs.jpg
  • Nothing but Nike clubs in the bag.
  • playaplaya Members Posts: 8,714 ✭✭
    edited Jul 5, 2018 #1016


    Yes, there is a very simple distinction between equipment and accessories, though I do admit that a chipping club is a dead giveaway for a hacker.



    Here is another accessory that hackers use. An accessories pouch is great to organize all your little things you need (e.g., tees, ball markers, divot tool, etc.), but hanging the pouch on your bag is definitely a sign that you are a hacker.



    28h2wqs.jpg


    Absolute hack accessory, and and extreme nerdish to boot.

    An accessory that I forgot about is the ball marker attached to the glove. Watching a hack unclip it and reclip it on the green is embarrassing for them. Quite possibly the the ultimate calling card of the hacker.
  • mattTHEkattmattTHEkatt Members Posts: 49 ✭✭
    edited Jul 5, 2018 #1017
    Don't know if this has been brought up before but for some reason these talking hat clip rangefinder things just really bother me?!



    reviewcap.jpg
    Driver - 2017 Taylormade M1 10.5* Oban Tour Limited 04
    3 Wood - Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 Fubuki Z70
    Utility Iron- Srixon Zu65 20* GD AD DI 88
    Irons - Taylormade P770 4-6 KBS Tour FLT
    Taylormade P750 7-P KBS Tour FLT
    Wedges - Taylormade MG 52*, 56*, 60* KBS 610 Wedge
    Putter - Odyssey Works Versa #7
    Ball - Taylormade TP5x
  • Bonneville85308Bonneville85308 Members Posts: 1,629 ✭✭
    ^^^For some reason these are very popular with the age 70-85 crowd at my local muni course (some of whom are hacks, some aren't) but I don't see many other people using them.
  • EmperorPenguinEmperorPenguin Members Posts: 1,104 ✭✭


    Don't know if this has been brought up before but for some reason these talking hat clip rangefinder things just really bother me?!



    reviewcap.jpg




    Can this guy break 80, let alone 90?
  • scagnettiscagnetti Haq Attaq Members Posts: 549 ✭✭


    ^^^For some reason these are very popular with the age 70-85 crowd at my local muni course (some of whom are hacks, some aren't) but I don't see many other people using them.




    every single user of the voice caddie clips are 60+



    They've never bothered me tho. I use a watch and a Nikon hand held for yardage. and I reckon if they use any distance measuring device, they must know their own club distances, so that don't sound like no hack to me... all the dudes I know that use 'em, yes are 60+, but there's not a one of 'em that is a hack.



    Lowest cap among 'em is maybe a 10.
    Winter Bag

    Sun Mountain 2017 4.5LS Stand Bag
    PING Anser 9* GD Tour AD Di-6-X
    PING Rapture (2014) 13* 3W Aldila RIP Phenom Tour 70-X
    Wilson/Staff D-100 17* 2H Matrix Ozik Altus 5.6-S
    Callaway Apex UT 21* & 24* UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
    Adams Idea Black CB2 5-PW KBS Tour 90-S
    Nike VR Pro X3X 52/10 & 58/08  DG S400
    Odyssey TD Black 9
  • hybrid25hybrid25 michiganMembers Posts: 1,539 ✭✭



    Don't know if this has been brought up before but for some reason these talking hat clip rangefinder things just really bother me?!



    reviewcap.jpg




    Can this guy break 80, let alone 90?
    Is that Rory?
Sign In or Register to comment.