Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS) - (Update 4/3/18) Back In Stock

1474475477479480485

Comments

  • sshadow2sshadow2 Members Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @DavePelz4 said:
    Over the weekend I pulled the Project a's outta the bag and went back to the beloved KSigs. The course we played was a bit windy and the ball performed amazingly well. Maybe it was a few lucky shots but I was easily getting 10 yards+ with nearly every iron and unintentionally flew several greens. They're back in the bag through the rest of the year or until it gets really cold.

    I’ll trade you my bag of used 4-piece KSigs for your Project (a)s. Love that ball.

    I got about 3 dozen. Got a lot of (a)s?

    PING 410 9* Plus Tensei Orange CK 60
    PING 410 14.5* 3W LST Tensei Orange CK 70
    Titleist 818 H1 3H 19* Project X Evenflow Blue 85HY
    Titleist 818 H1 5H 23* Project X Evenflow Blue 85HY
    Callaway Apex 19 6-PW KBS C-Taper Lite
    Cleveland CBX 50* and 55* KBS Hi-REV
    PING Glide 3.0 WS 60* Nippon Z-Z115
    Nike Method Midnight 006

  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,932 ClubWRX

    @sshadow2 said:

    @DavePelz4 said:
    Over the weekend I pulled the Project a's outta the bag and went back to the beloved KSigs. The course we played was a bit windy and the ball performed amazingly well. Maybe it was a few lucky shots but I was easily getting 10 yards+ with nearly every iron and unintentionally flew several greens. They're back in the bag through the rest of the year or until it gets really cold.

    I’ll trade you my bag of used 4-piece KSigs for your Project (a)s. Love that ball.

    I got about 3 dozen. Got a lot of (a)s?

    As enticing as that offer is, the golf ball closet still has a nice stock of KSigs.

  • heisman6183heisman6183 Cedar Rapids, IAMembers Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

    I've been playing the 3 piece all year and wanted to emphasize, for me anyway, there is no distance loss or negative wind performance. I play in Iowa where there's usually at least 10 mph of wind, sometimes more. Distance on most shots is exactly what I would expect, and I hit the best shot into the wind I've ever had. Was about 30mph headwind and I almost hit the green on the second shot of a par 5 with a 5 wood. I don't recall the exact distance, but it was 50 yards farther then expected, into a headwind.

    Taylormade M3 430
    Callaway Big Bertha 2014 5 wood
    Cobra F7 3/4h
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 2019 5h
    Mizuno Hot Metal Pro 6-PW
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50, 56
    Scotty Cameron California Monterey Honey Dipped

  • soregongolfersoregongolfer Members Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @heisman6183 said:
    I've been playing the 3 piece all year and wanted to emphasize, for me anyway, there is no distance loss or negative wind performance. I play in Iowa where there's usually at least 10 mph of wind, sometimes more. Distance on most shots is exactly what I would expect, and I hit the best shot into the wind I've ever had. Was about 30mph headwind and I almost hit the green on the second shot of a par 5 with a 5 wood. I don't recall the exact distance, but it was 50 yards farther then expected, into a headwind.

    The complaint I've read most about and mine as well comes when short irons are hit into the wind into greens.

  • gioreekogioreeko Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭

    @heisman6183 said:
    I've been playing the 3 piece all year and wanted to emphasize, for me anyway, there is no distance loss or negative wind performance. I play in Iowa where there's usually at least 10 mph of wind, sometimes more. Distance on most shots is exactly what I would expect, and I hit the best shot into the wind I've ever had. Was about 30mph headwind and I almost hit the green on the second shot of a par 5 with a 5 wood. I don't recall the exact distance, but it was 50 yards farther then expected, into a headwind.

    I have the same results, no loss of distance on any shots, and I play some pretty windy courses near the ocean.

    Driver: Taylor Made M3
    3 wood: Taylor made 12 degree mini driver TP
    3 Iron Mizuno Fli hi
    4-UW: Ping i210
    Ping 54, 58 Ping Glide wedges
    Odyssey Versa Tank Putter
    Kirkland Tour ball
  • dmitchell165dmitchell165 Members Posts: 26 ✭✭

    They're back.... The packaging is a bit different but appears to be the same Four-Piece golf balls as before as the same price - $30 for 2 dozen + shipping. Available on Coscto's website "while supplies last".

  • trackcoach13trackcoach13 Members Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 13, 2019 11:23am #14288

    @dmitchell165 said:
    They're back.... The packaging is a bit different but appears to be the same Four-Piece golf balls as before as the same price - $30 for 2 dozen + shipping. Available on Coscto's website "while supplies last".

    Yes the 4-pc Performance One is finally available!!!!!!!
    Here is direct link:

    https://www.costco.com/.product.100508739.html

    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Driver: Cobra F9 w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Green 65 Stiff
    3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff [/font]

    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
    Irons: Wilson FG Tour v6 4-GW DG S300 AMT
    Wedge: 56/11 Wilson FG Tour PMP Raw Tour Grind[/font]

    Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Putter: [/font]Odyssey O-WORKS Red Marxman
  • trackcoach13trackcoach13 Members Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @gleung said:
    when was the last time the 4-pieces were spotted online or in store?

    TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    New 4-pc is available and link is in my post above.

    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Driver: Cobra F9 w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Green 65 Stiff
    3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff [/font]

    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
    Irons: Wilson FG Tour v6 4-GW DG S300 AMT
    Wedge: 56/11 Wilson FG Tour PMP Raw Tour Grind[/font]

    Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Putter: [/font]Odyssey O-WORKS Red Marxman
  • dirt nastydirt nasty Members Posts: 63 ✭✭

    Costco making it tough on the Ksig hoarders.

  • North ButteNorth Butte Members Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @dirt nasty said:
    Costco making it tough on the Ksig hoarders.

    Not at all. Now they'll just order a few dozen dozen to add to their hoard!

    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • dirt nastydirt nasty Members Posts: 63 ✭✭

    @North Butte said:

    @dirt nasty said:
    Costco making it tough on the Ksig hoarders.

    Not at all. Now they'll just order a few dozen dozen to add to their hoard!

    Limit 2 per membership. Must be ordered together. Any additional orders will be cancelled. Your order is not complete until you have finished the checkout process and been provided an order confirmation number. Quantities are limited.

  • rlb4rlb4 Members Posts: 43 ✭✭

    So this is the new 4 piece ball not the original Tour Performance 4 piece?

    Odyssey O-works #7 WBW
  • trackcoach13trackcoach13 Members Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @rlb4 said:
    So this is the new 4 piece ball not the original Tour Performance 4 piece?

    Correct

    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Driver: Cobra F9 w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Green 65 Stiff
    3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff [/font]

    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
    Irons: Wilson FG Tour v6 4-GW DG S300 AMT
    Wedge: 56/11 Wilson FG Tour PMP Raw Tour Grind[/font]

    Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Putter: [/font]Odyssey O-WORKS Red Marxman
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @dirt nasty said:

    @North Butte said:

    @dirt nasty said:
    Costco making it tough on the Ksig hoarders.

    Not at all. Now they'll just order a few dozen dozen to add to their hoard!

    Limit 2 per membership. Must be ordered together. Any additional orders will be cancelled. Your order is not complete until you have finished the checkout process and been provided an order confirmation number. Quantities are limited.

    Back during the big craze, people were recruiting friends and family to order for them to get around the limit. Some guys on GolfWRX ended up with 10 or 20 dozen one way or another.

    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • dirt nastydirt nasty Members Posts: 63 ✭✭

    @North Butte said:

    @dirt nasty said:

    @North Butte said:

    @dirt nasty said:
    Costco making it tough on the Ksig hoarders.

    Not at all. Now they'll just order a few dozen dozen to add to their hoard!

    Limit 2 per membership. Must be ordered together. Any additional orders will be cancelled. Your order is not complete until you have finished the checkout process and been provided an order confirmation number. Quantities are limited.

    Back during the big craze, people were recruiting friends and family to order for them to get around the limit. Some guys on GolfWRX ended up with 10 or 20 dozen one way or another.

    Oh I'm sure. I'm just saying Costco "attempting" to make it tougher this go round on the hoarders. :smiley:
    Hoarders will hoard.

  • Hateto3PuttHateto3Putt Smoking Makes You Look Cool! Members Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Just placed the order...

    I was down to 4 dozen of the original, so, we'll see...

    X________________________________
    Sign Here

  • BacksidefloaterBacksidefloater Members Posts: 181 ✭✭✭

    Ordered just 2 dozen. With shipping its 38 for 2 dozen and you can still get srixon xvs for 20 a dozen, and Im having a hardtime thinking these are as good as what srixon makes, but worth a tester

    G400 Max 9*
    Rogue SZ 15*
    H818 H2 19*
    Z745 4-PW
    RTX4 50, 54, 58
    Touon San Diego
  • monks66monks66 Members Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I ordered 2 dozen, yay they are back....different side stamp though?? same performance?

  • trackcoach13trackcoach13 Members Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 13, 2019 12:25pm #14300

    @monks66 said:
    I ordered 2 dozen, yay they are back....different side stamp though?? same performance?

    Different ball and we will find out when they arrive and are tested.

    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Driver: Cobra F9 w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Green 65 Stiff
    3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff [/font]

    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
    Irons: Wilson FG Tour v6 4-GW DG S300 AMT
    Wedge: 56/11 Wilson FG Tour PMP Raw Tour Grind[/font]

    Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Putter: [/font]Odyssey O-WORKS Red Marxman
  • dirt nastydirt nasty Members Posts: 63 ✭✭

    Made in China (new) vs Made in Korea (original)

  • deboer69deboer69 Members Posts: 27 ✭✭

    Here is the USGA conforming list for both the old ball and the new balls. Dimples are now 338 and the old ones were 360.


    TaylorMade M3 440 - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6S
    TaylorMade M3 3 Wood HL
    TaylorMade GAPR Mid 3
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 4-AW - DG S300
    TaylorMade Hi-To 54, 58
    Bettenardi Studio Stock 8
    Nike Tour Platinum / Kirkland Original
  • monks66monks66 Members Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @trackcoach13 said:

    @monks66 said:
    I ordered 2 dozen, yay they are back....different side stamp though?? same performance?

    Different ball and we will find out when they arrive and are tested.

    I hope that maybe its a softer ball...we will see

  • torbilltorbill Members Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭

    Long term Costco member here. Costco is hugely protective of the reputation of the Kirkland Signature brand, and they work hard on improving the price and quality of everything that carries the brand.

    They understand the success of the original KS 4-piece. And that it sets an expectation re. future 4-piece KS balls, And how let down the Costco community would be if they marketed an inferior follow-on ball. To market an inferior follow-on ball goes against everything that Costco does with the brand. So, the new ball may be somewhat different, but I’ll be shocked if it isn’t at least as good as the last one. I bought my allotment.

  • mchamden1mchamden1 Members Posts: 487 ✭✭✭✭

    8 doz on the way B)

    TM M1 2017 8.5* // HZRDUS Yellow 6.5
    Cobra F8+ 14.5* // Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75 S
    Ping G25 Hybrid 20* 27* // TFC 189F S
    Mizuno 919 Forged 5-GW // KBS Tour-V S
    SM7 56* 60* // S400
    Black Lab BL-1 // Mid Slim 2.0
  • monks66monks66 Members Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭✭

    the craze begins again....chapter 2..just hope it performs the same

  • trackcoach13trackcoach13 Members Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @torbill said:
    Long term Costco member here. Costco is hugely protective of the reputation of the Kirkland Signature brand, and they work hard on improving the price and quality of everything that carries the brand.

    They understand the success of the original KS 4-piece. And that it sets an expectation re. future 4-piece KS balls, And how let down the Costco community would be if they marketed an inferior follow-on ball. To market an inferior follow-on ball goes against everything that Costco does with the brand. So, the new ball may be somewhat different, but I’ll be shocked if it isn’t at least as good as the last one. I bought my allotment.

    My thoughts exactly...

    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Driver: Cobra F9 w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Green 65 Stiff
    3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff [/font]

    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
    Irons: Wilson FG Tour v6 4-GW DG S300 AMT
    Wedge: 56/11 Wilson FG Tour PMP Raw Tour Grind[/font]

    Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Putter: [/font]Odyssey O-WORKS Red Marxman
  • torbilltorbill Members Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭

    @trackcoach13 said:

    @torbill said:
    Long term Costco member here. Costco is hugely protective of the reputation of the Kirkland Signature brand, and they work hard on improving the price and quality of everything that carries the brand.

    They understand the success of the original KS 4-piece. And that it sets an expectation re. future 4-piece KS balls, And how let down the Costco community would be if they marketed an inferior follow-on ball. To market an inferior follow-on ball goes against everything that Costco does with the brand. So, the new ball may be somewhat different, but I’ll be shocked if it isn’t at least as good as the last one. I bought my allotment.

    My thoughts exactly...

    Yeah. Not to mention the no-questions return policy if unsatisfied for any reason. The other thing I’ve been thinking is that, given the wild success of the first 4-piece and the new sourcing (China factory), I’ll bet that there will be a lot more supply this time around. We shall see...

  • snagy2000snagy2000 Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    It's just like quitting drinking...The day I quit, I quit quitting the very next day...

  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 13, 2019 1:32pm #14310

    wasn't it $4.99 ship per order? now it's per 2 dozen.
    it should be listed at $34.98 per 2 dozen now.
    Anyways, still happy they're back! Gold box looks dope

  • TomBomb51TomBomb51 Members Posts: 464 ✭✭✭✭

    Wish we had Costco's around me...I have always wanted to try these.

    Ping G410 Plus 9* - Diamana DF 60s
    Taylormade M5 14* - Diamana DF 70s
    Taylormade M2 18* - Diamana DF 70s
    Mizuno 919 Tour 4-PW - S300 AMT Tour White
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50/54/58 - KBS 610
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5
    Titleist ProV 1x

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file