Morning Drive...What Happened?

1151618202127

Comments

  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,657 ClubWRX
    The radio rolled me.
  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,576 ✭✭
    KaTooM wrote:
    Hawkeye77 wrote:

    KaTooM wrote:


    You know who I miss?



    I miss Dr. Ara Suppiah! Seriously! I always enjoyed his heatlh/wellness tips and information...plus he had a very funny personality! IMHO opinion and all that!




    He was just on recently.




    Oh really? I've watched just about all of every show this new year...I can't believe I missed him!



    Thanks for letting me know...I'm glad to hear he's not gone!




    Follow him on Instagram! He has good tips on there. He is a smart guy! Good doctor too.
  • KaTooMKaTooM Members Posts: 1,359 ✭✭
    BB28403 wrote:

    KaTooM wrote:
    Hawkeye77 wrote:

    KaTooM wrote:


    You know who I miss?



    I miss Dr. Ara Suppiah! Seriously! I always enjoyed his heatlh/wellness tips and information...plus he had a very funny personality! IMHO opinion and all that!




    He was just on recently.




    Oh really? I've watched just about all of every show this new year...I can't believe I missed him!



    Thanks for letting me know...I'm glad to hear he's not gone!




    Follow him on Instagram! He has good tips on there. He is a smart guy! Good doctor too.




    Ahhhh...EXCELLENT idea...never thought of that!



    Thank YOU!!!
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 25,749 ✭✭
    Thank you golf Chanel for showing masters highlights. As a guy who missed most of these 1st hand I love watching them on tv. For some reason it’s better than YouTube.
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    TM Tour M5 19.8 * Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX  
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,657 ClubWRX
    edited Feb 12, 2019 1:03pm #516


    Thank you golf Chanel for showing masters highlights. As a guy who missed most of these 1st hand I love watching them on tv. For some reason it's better than YouTube.




    Home with a bug and noticed a couple of Tiger's were on - was watching an old movie, so taped them for later today.



    MD was great today - should be a great week on the coast for those lucky enough to be there.



    And the good doctor was on today as well - good stretches for a good turn!
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,657 ClubWRX
    edited Feb 12, 2019 2:35pm #517
    Watching it now, nice shot of a younger Butch and young Tiger on the range at Augusta.



    Ooops, back to Morning Drive . . . . .
  • Showtime9Showtime9 MonsterHeel Members Posts: 160 ✭✭
    I know this is not relevant to Morning Drive but this must be the 3rd week in a row that GC has shown "Caddyshack" on a Tuesday night on a loop.



    Is programming that hard....
  • RDDRDD Charter Members Posts: 254 ✭✭
    Showtime9 wrote:


    I know this is not relevant to Morning Drive but this must be the 3rd week in a row that GC has shown "Caddyshack" on a Tuesday night on a loop.



    Is programming that hard....
    Yes
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 25,749 ✭✭
    Showtime9 wrote:


    I know this is not relevant to Morning Drive but this must be the 3rd week in a row that GC has shown "Caddyshack" on a Tuesday night on a loop.



    Is programming that hard....




    Caddy shack works. Just take out the edits !!
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    TM Tour M5 19.8 * Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX  
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,657 ClubWRX
    RDD wrote:

    Showtime9 wrote:


    I know this is not relevant to Morning Drive but this must be the 3rd week in a row that GC has shown "Caddyshack" on a Tuesday night on a loop.



    Is programming that hard....
    Yes




    So the reruns of Caddyshack are actually a testament to modern TV production! image/happy.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':happy:' />



    It's all a matter of perspective.



    Looking forward to LA Open (yes, I called it that PGA Tour)! And more John Cook is never a bad thing.


    Showtime9 wrote:


    I know this is not relevant to Morning Drive but this must be the 3rd week in a row that GC has shown "Caddyshack" on a Tuesday night on a loop.



    Is programming that hard....




    Caddy shack works. Just take out the edits !!




    My wife just gives me that look when I suggest that!
  • IVMIVM Members Posts: 454 ✭✭
    They should use John Cook more often . He is very knowledgeable and comes out with great opinions.
  • TheLarchTheLarch Major Winner Members Posts: 964 ✭✭
    I’d be interested in seeing the handicaps of all the non-professional on air Golf Channel personnel. I mean if your job is being on television sounding like you have some level of golf expertise, shouldn’t you be able to at least play to a moderately respectable level? (Ginella, Adams, Rossaforte, Diaz, Hack, LT, etc...). I’d define respectable as 10 or under, but that’s just me.
    TaylorMade 2016 M2 HL Driver 
    TaylorMade 2016 M2 3 wood 15*
    TaylorMade RBZ 5 wood 19*
    TaylorMade RBZ hybrid 22*
    TaylorMade AeroBurner HL irons 4/AW
    Cleveland 588 56* SW
    Ping Zing 2 BeCu putter
  • KaTooMKaTooM Members Posts: 1,359 ✭✭
    TheLarch wrote:


    I’d be interested in seeing the handicaps of all the non-professional on air Golf Channel personnel. I mean if your job is being on television sounding like you have some level of golf expertise, shouldn’t you be able to at least play to a moderately respectable level? (Ginella, Adams, Rossaforte, Diaz, Hack, LT, etc...). I’d define respectable as 10 or under, but that’s just me.




    Personally, I think you can be good at reporting/presenting/hosting without having to be good at the game. For what those guys/gals are asked to do I believe they can get by with love and knowledge of the sport. For the most part they are professional journalists and therein lie their strengths!



    Having said that...I recall a comment or two about Damon striving to break 80. Also, from the swings I've seen of Matt Ginella from his travel segments, he appears to be a pretty salty player...I'm guessing single digit to scratch.
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,669 ClubWRX
    KaTooM wrote:

    TheLarch wrote:


    I’d be interested in seeing the handicaps of all the non-professional on air Golf Channel personnel. I mean if your job is being on television sounding like you have some level of golf expertise, shouldn’t you be able to at least play to a moderately respectable level? (Ginella, Adams, Rossaforte, Diaz, Hack, LT, etc...). I’d define respectable as 10 or under, but that’s just me.




    Personally, I think you can be good at reporting/presenting/hosting without having to be good at the game. For what those guys/gals are asked to do I believe they can get by with love and knowledge of the sport. For the most part they are professional journalists and therein lie their strengths!



    Having said that...I recall a comment or two about Damon striving to break 80. Also, from the swings I've seen of Matt Ginella from his travel segments, he appears to be a pretty salty player...I'm guessing single digit to scratch.




    I’ve always thought Ginella had a pretty good looking swing too, but I’ve heard him say he’s around an eight.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,657 ClubWRX
    TheLarch wrote:


    I’d be interested in seeing the handicaps of all the non-professional on air Golf Channel personnel. I mean if your job is being on television sounding like you have some level of golf expertise, shouldn’t you be able to at least play to a moderately respectable level? (Ginella, Adams, Rossaforte, Diaz, Hack, LT, etc...). I’d define respectable as 10 or under, but that’s just me.




    By all means let's see Dick Enberg grab a pass and take a hit up the middle or Bob Costas pitch an inning of major league ball or show us some triple loops at the Olympics.
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,657 ClubWRX
    edited Feb 13, 2019 7:39pm #527
    RDD = pro. Paige = pro. Brandel = pro. John Cook = pro. And on and on.



    Others - not pros. That's part of why they are on and why they are good at certain other things or have different takes on things.



    Couldn't give a rats ___ what Damon's handicap is, he seems to really enjoy golf and everything about it, good enough for me that they all seem to.



    None of this explains Matt Adams - okay, had to get in a cheap shot, even if I don't completely mean it.
  • KaTooMKaTooM Members Posts: 1,359 ✭✭
    edited Feb 13, 2019 8:32pm #528
    Hawkeye77 wrote:


    RDD = pro. Paige = pro. Brandel = pro. John Cook = pro. And on and on.



    Others - not pros. That's part of why they are on and why they are good at certain other things or have different takes on things.



    Couldn't give a rats ___ what Damon's handicap is, he seems to really enjoy golf and everything about it, good enough for me that they all seem to.



    None of this explains Matt Adams - okay, had to get in a cheap shot, even if I don't completely mean it.




    LOL!



    Damon's like an encylopedia...I'm amazed at the dates, facts, figures he can spit out...not really showing off but just in the context of a question or comment.





    Random off topic question...is Damon in the Workday commercial where the guy sings The Eurythmic's "Would I Lie to You"? If it's not Damon then it's his doppleganger!



    https://ispot.tv/a/w51j
  • RDDRDD Charter Members Posts: 254 ✭✭
    KaTooM wrote:

    Hawkeye77 wrote:


    RDD = pro. Paige = pro. Brandel = pro. John Cook = pro. And on and on.



    Others - not pros. That's part of why they are on and why they are good at certain other things or have different takes on things.



    Couldn't give a rats ___ what Damon's handicap is, he seems to really enjoy golf and everything about it, good enough for me that they all seem to.



    None of this explains Matt Adams - okay, had to get in a cheap shot, even if I don't completely mean it.




    LOL!



    Damon's like an encylopedia...I'm amazed at the dates, facts, figures he can spit out...not really showing off but just in the context of a question or comment.





    Random off topic question...is Damon in the Workday commercial where the guy sings The Eurythmic's "Would I Lie to You"? If it's not Damon then it's his doppleganger!



    https://ispot.tv/a/w51j
    Damon is like an encyclopedia and I’m amazed by his golf knowledge. I’m lucky to sit beside him
  • rattlergolferrattlergolfer Members Posts: 138 ✭✭
    caniac6 wrote:


    It seems as if the entire content on the Golf channel is suffering. Quite a bit of repeat showings of lame golf movies.


    Not sure what other filler they could use. What other movies or show would you recommend?
    Driver: F9 - Oban Revenge
    3 Wood: F9 - Oban Revenge
    5 Wood: F9 - Oban Revenge
    Irons: Bridgestone J15 - KBS Tour Lite C-Taper
    Wedges: Cleveland - CG
    Putter: Taylormade Spider
    Ball: < Testing >
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,657 ClubWRX
    Linus slept through Westminster last night just so he’d be ready for RDD earlier today - good show today, looking forward to the week. Bay Hill week will be a great one, as always - RDD, get out on the range that week and show us some stuff!



    Masters sneaking up on us.
  • zonadubzonadub Members Posts: 295 ✭✭

    caniac6 wrote:


    It seems as if the entire content on the Golf channel is suffering. Quite a bit of repeat showings of lame golf movies.


    Not sure what other filler they could use. What other movies or show would you recommend?


    Would rather watch reruns of the original Big Break series, at least one more run-through. Didn't watch the first season or two and it's been long enough to forget most of the ones I have seen. Would the golfers/cast have to be paid residuals. Is it cheaper to just run movies like Happy Gilmore over and over? Why hasn't GC run "Dead Solid Perfect" or the Hogan movie "Follow the Sun"? There must be other movie about golf/golfers too.
    How to play golf.
    Hit the ball.
    Find the ball
    Repeat until the ball is in the hole.
    Have fun.
    ...Chuck Hogan
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,669 ClubWRX
    edited Feb 13, 2019 11:46pm #533
    Man, I would love to see Dead Solid Perfect. I can’t find my old VHS copy (which is ok since I also can’t find my VCR!). Maybe they can’t get rights to show those?



    I would be down for old Big Break shows though.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,657 ClubWRX
    zonadub wrote:


    caniac6 wrote:


    It seems as if the entire content on the Golf channel is suffering. Quite a bit of repeat showings of lame golf movies.


    Not sure what other filler they could use. What other movies or show would you recommend?


    Would rather watch reruns of the original Big Break series, at least one more run-through. Didn't watch the first season or two and it's been long enough to forget most of the ones I have seen. Would the golfers/cast have to be paid residuals. Is it cheaper to just run movies like Happy Gilmore over and over? Why hasn't GC run "Dead Solid Perfect" or the Hogan movie "Follow the Sun"? There must be other movie about golf/golfers too.




    They may not want to pay what it costs to get permission to broadcast them, if they even can.
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 3,087 ✭✭
    KaTooM wrote:


    Random off topic question...is Damon in the Workday commercial where the guy sings The Eurythmic's "Would I Lie to You"? If it's not Damon then it's his doppleganger!



    https://ispot.tv/a/w51j
    It's not Damon Hack in the commercial. The link to the video you provided shows who the actor is in the video. His name is Mark Edward Smith.
  • KaTooMKaTooM Members Posts: 1,359 ✭✭
    edited Feb 14, 2019 8:00am #536
    grm24 wrote:

    KaTooM wrote:


    Random off topic question...is Damon in the Workday commercial where the guy sings The Eurythmic's "Would I Lie to You"? If it's not Damon then it's his doppleganger!



    https://ispot.tv/a/w51j
    It's not Damon Hack in the commercial. The link to the video you provided shows who the actor is in the video. His name is Mark Edward Smith.




    Oh good Lord! I'm sorry for wasting the bandwidth! Obviously, I should've seen that information myself and answered my own question...how embarrassing!



    Thank you!

    KTM
  • golfandfishinggolfandfishing Members Posts: 3,431 ✭✭
    zonadub wrote:


    caniac6 wrote:


    It seems as if the entire content on the Golf channel is suffering. Quite a bit of repeat showings of lame golf movies.


    Not sure what other filler they could use. What other movies or show would you recommend?


    Would rather watch reruns of the original Big Break series, at least one more run-through. Didn't watch the first season or two and it's been long enough to forget most of the ones I have seen. Would the golfers/cast have to be paid residuals. Is it cheaper to just run movies like Happy Gilmore over and over? Why hasn't GC run "Dead Solid Perfect" or the Hogan movie "Follow the Sun"? There must be other movie about golf/golfers too.




    While I also laugh at the same 3 movies played over and over on GC I understand that they can’t just turn on Tim Rosaforte’s Netflix and show whatever movies they want.
  • Caddie MasterCaddie Master Members Posts: 45 ✭✭

    caniac6 wrote:


    It seems as if the entire content on the Golf channel is suffering. Quite a bit of repeat showings of lame golf movies.


    Not sure what other filler they could use. What other movies or show would you recommend?




    While not a direct reply to your question about “filler,” How about some more original new content shows? I would love to see a weekly in-depth golf architecture show hosted by Geoff Shackleford where he goes to courses, explains routing, breaks down holes, interviews architects, superintendents, and caddies, addresses environmental and sustainability issues, etc.
    Driver: Ping G400 LST, 10°, Atmos Tour Spec 6S
    5 Wood: Ping G400, 17.5°, Atmos Tour Spec 7X
    3-4: Mizuno MP18 Hi-Fli, KBS Tour 120 – S
    5-7: Mizuno MP18 SC, KBS Tour 120 – S
    8-PW: Mizuno MP18, KBS Tour 120 – S
    50° Miura (New Wedge Series), KBS Tour 120 – S
    55° Miura (New Wedge Series), KBS Tour 120 – S
    60° Miura (New Wedge Series), KBS Tour 120 – S
    Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron, Newport Two, Gun Metal
    Ball: TP5
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,657 ClubWRX


    caniac6 wrote:


    It seems as if the entire content on the Golf channel is suffering. Quite a bit of repeat showings of lame golf movies.


    Not sure what other filler they could use. What other movies or show would you recommend?




    While not a direct reply to your question about “filler,” How about some more original new content shows? I would love to see a weekly in-depth golf architecture show hosted by Geoff Shackleford where he goes to courses, explains routing, breaks down holes, interviews architects, superintendents, and caddies, addresses environmental and sustainability issues, etc.




    HaHa - I'd love to see that, also, but not if Shackelford hosts! We all have our favorites!



    Anyway, would be a great idea for a show and I have to believe if they thought enough ads could be sold it vs. the production costs it would be on there, but again, as a golfer, a great idea for a show!
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,657 ClubWRX
    And I'm going to keep campaigning for some RDD on the range segments - he needs to play more and based on the one segment earlier this year, he'd be good at it.



    Not sucking up, lol, RDD, just need to get you out of that chair on occasion!
  • golfandfishinggolfandfishing Members Posts: 3,431 ✭✭
    Geoff Shackleford does not belong in any conversation involving more air time.
Sign In or Register to comment.