GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

2018 Titleist AVX Golf Balls

1111214161733
33

Comments

  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers  3340WRX Points: 642Handicap: 8.3Posts: 3,340 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Jun 23, 2018 #392
    The rest of RS’s summaries. Seems to me the AVX may be the straightest ball RS has tested.
    Posted:

    Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

    Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

    Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

    Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

    Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

    Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S

    Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • monks66monks66 Members  982WRX Points: 141Posts: 982 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #393
    noodle3872 wrote:
    <br />
    The rest of RS's summaries. Seems to me the AVX may be the straightest ball RS has tested.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    yeah, thats why he said it wasnt for him....well i will take the straightest ball he has tested....lol
    Posted:
  • monks66monks66 Members  982WRX Points: 141Posts: 982 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #394
    i putted the avx for a while on course and at home...well i found a pro v1, and putted it, wow def felt harder off putter..
    Posted:
  • Break81Break81 Broke80 Members  2044WRX Points: 96Handicap: 9.5Posts: 2,044 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #395
    noodle3872 wrote:
    The rest of RS&#146;s summaries. Seems to me the AVX may be the straightest ball RS has tested.
    <br />
    Has he not tested the B330-RX? Pretty much does the same as the AVX but has been around for years . <br />
    <br />
    That’s the interesting thing about this ball. There are other balls out there that are equal type of performance all of a sudden this is a game changer for some. <br />
    <br />
    Posted:
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
  • Z4ParZ4Par Members  439WRX Points: 17Handicap: 7.2Posts: 439 Greens
    Joined:  #396
    Played with a 20 handicap today. I gave him an AVX to try. You could see on 2 well struck iron shots the better penetrating ball flight the AVX had over the ProV he was playing earlier in the round. And I know his normal flight because I’ve played quite a few rounds with him. Hits it very high with a ton of spin (high slices). For what it’s worth he claimed it was a better feeling ball to him. He does intend to try it out on his upcoming rounds.
    Posted:
    Callaway Rogue Draw Driver (10 Degrees) 9 Degree setup at +1, Neutral Setting - Aldila Synergy 50 (60 Grams) Stiff - Standard
    Callaway Rogue 4 Wood (17 Degrees) - Aldila Synergy 60 (68 Grams) Stiff - Standard
    Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid (19 Degrees), 4 Hybrid (21 Degrees), 5 Hybrid (24 Degrees) - Aldila Synergy 60 (75 Grams) Stiff - Standard
    Titleist 718 AP3 6 Iron (28 Degrees) through PW (43 Degrees) and Wedge (48 Degrees) - AMT Black S300 - Standard
    Titleist SM6 - 52 Degree F Grind 8 Degree Bounce and 56 Degree F Grind 14 Degree Bounce - Project X 6.0 - Standard
    2018 TaylorMade Spider Tour Red Sightline
    Titleist AVX
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members  2936WRX Points: 797Posts: 2,936 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #397
    Z4Par wrote:
    Played with a 20 handicap today. I gave him an AVX to try. You could see on 2 well struck iron shots the better penetrating ball flight the AVX had over the ProV he was playing earlier in the round. And I know his normal flight because I’ve played quite a few rounds with him. Hits it very high with a ton of spin (high slices). For what it’s worth he claimed it was a better feeling ball to him. He does intend to try it out on his upcoming rounds.
    <br />
    <br />
    He’ll probably be a single digit in a couple weeks.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Z4ParZ4Par Members  439WRX Points: 17Handicap: 7.2Posts: 439 Greens
    Joined:  edited Jun 23, 2018 #398
    BiggErn wrote:
    Z4Par wrote:
    Played with a 20 handicap today. I gave him an AVX to try. You could see on 2 well struck iron shots the better penetrating ball flight the AVX had over the ProV he was playing earlier in the round. And I know his normal flight because I’ve played quite a few rounds with him. Hits it very high with a ton of spin (high slices). For what it’s worth he claimed it was a better feeling ball to him. He does intend to try it out on his upcoming rounds.
    <br />
    <br />
    He’ll probably be a single digit in a couple weeks.
    <br />
    <br />
    Do you just say things on a forum to try to get a rise out of people? I’m simply stating what’s happening. If you don’t like it then please don’t comment.<br />
    <br />
    Your sarcasm and unknown of circumstances when your not even watching it in person is tiring at best.
    Posted:
    Callaway Rogue Draw Driver (10 Degrees) 9 Degree setup at +1, Neutral Setting - Aldila Synergy 50 (60 Grams) Stiff - Standard
    Callaway Rogue 4 Wood (17 Degrees) - Aldila Synergy 60 (68 Grams) Stiff - Standard
    Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid (19 Degrees), 4 Hybrid (21 Degrees), 5 Hybrid (24 Degrees) - Aldila Synergy 60 (75 Grams) Stiff - Standard
    Titleist 718 AP3 6 Iron (28 Degrees) through PW (43 Degrees) and Wedge (48 Degrees) - AMT Black S300 - Standard
    Titleist SM6 - 52 Degree F Grind 8 Degree Bounce and 56 Degree F Grind 14 Degree Bounce - Project X 6.0 - Standard
    2018 TaylorMade Spider Tour Red Sightline
    Titleist AVX
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members  2936WRX Points: 797Posts: 2,936 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #399
    Z4Par wrote:
    BiggErn wrote:
    Z4Par wrote:
    Played with a 20 handicap today. I gave him an AVX to try. You could see on 2 well struck iron shots the better penetrating ball flight the AVX had over the ProV he was playing earlier in the round. And I know his normal flight because Iâ&#128;&#153;ve played quite a few rounds with him. Hits it very high with a ton of spin (high slices). For what itâ&#128;&#153;s worth he claimed it was a better feeling ball to him. He does intend to try it out on his upcoming rounds.
    <br />
    <br />
    Heâ&#128;&#153;ll probably be a single digit in a couple weeks.
    <br />
    <br />
    Do you just say things on a forum to try to get a rise out of people? Iâ&#128;&#153;m simply stating whatâ&#128;&#153;s happening. If you donâ&#128;&#153;t like it then please donâ&#128;&#153;t comment.<br />
    <br />
    Your sarcasm and unknown of circumstances when your not even watching it in person is tiring at best.
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I suppose it’s better than just calling bs. It’s a ball that’s like many other balls. The fact some act like it is a magical unicorn ball is laughable. It’s a mid compression ball so it will fly lower and have less spin just like many balls in the same category. It has a urethane cover so it will offer some sort of control just like many other balls. It was absurdly laughable that you expect accomplished golfers to believe that it solely benefited a 20 HC and it somehow turned his huge slice into a baby fade. And guess what, any ball struck solid has a penetrating ball flight. I’ll be sure to take into account that the 20 HC thinks the AVX feels better than a Pro V1x who most likely won’t benefit from either. Honestly it doesn’t matter what a 20 HC plays ball wise.
    Posted:
  • Z4ParZ4Par Members  439WRX Points: 17Handicap: 7.2Posts: 439 Greens
    Joined:  edited Jun 23, 2018 #400
    BiggErn wrote:
    Z4Par wrote:
    BiggErn wrote:
    Z4Par wrote:
    Played with a 20 handicap today. I gave him an AVX to try. You could see on 2 well struck iron shots the better penetrating ball flight the AVX had over the ProV he was playing earlier in the round. And I know his normal flight because I’ve played quite a few rounds with him. Hits it very high with a ton of spin (high slices). For what it’s worth he claimed it was a better feeling ball to him. He does intend to try it out on his upcoming rounds.
    <br />
    <br />
    He’ll probably be a single digit in a couple weeks.
    <br />
    <br />
    Do you just say things on a forum to try to get a rise out of people? I’m simply stating what’s happening. If you don’t like it then please don’t comment.<br />
    <br />
    Your sarcasm and unknown of circumstances when your not even watching it in person is tiring at best.
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I suppose it’s better than just calling bs. It’s a ball that’s like many other balls. The fact some act like it is a magical unicorn ball is laughable. It’s a mid compression ball so it will fly lower and have less spin just like many balls in the same category. It has a urethane cover so it will offer some sort of control just like many other balls. It was absurdly laughable that you expect accomplished golfers to believe that it solely benefited a 20 HC and it somehow turned his huge slice into a baby fade. And guess what, any ball struck solid has a penetrating ball flight. I’ll be sure to take into account that the 20 HC thinks the AVX feels better than a Pro V1x who most likely won’t benefit from either. Honestly it doesn’t matter what a 20 HC plays ball wise.
    <br />
    <br />
    Your not watching it or playing it. You don’t see the difference nor feel it. I do. What’s laughable is you think the world is robots and there is no difference in golf balls between players. That my friend, is laughable!<br />
    <br />
    Edit:<br />
    <br />
    And do you think me getting to a 5 handicap I don’t know what a solid golf shot looks like? Com’ on man.<br />
    <br />
    I never once said it was the sole purpose to a 20 handicap going to a 10. Never once. Will it benefit his game? I’d bet money from a ProV it will improve his handicap if he were to regularly play it. How many shots when he is playing well? I wouldn’t be afraid to say 1-3 shots in that better played round.
    Posted:
    Callaway Rogue Draw Driver (10 Degrees) 9 Degree setup at +1, Neutral Setting - Aldila Synergy 50 (60 Grams) Stiff - Standard
    Callaway Rogue 4 Wood (17 Degrees) - Aldila Synergy 60 (68 Grams) Stiff - Standard
    Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid (19 Degrees), 4 Hybrid (21 Degrees), 5 Hybrid (24 Degrees) - Aldila Synergy 60 (75 Grams) Stiff - Standard
    Titleist 718 AP3 6 Iron (28 Degrees) through PW (43 Degrees) and Wedge (48 Degrees) - AMT Black S300 - Standard
    Titleist SM6 - 52 Degree F Grind 8 Degree Bounce and 56 Degree F Grind 14 Degree Bounce - Project X 6.0 - Standard
    2018 TaylorMade Spider Tour Red Sightline
    Titleist AVX
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members  2936WRX Points: 797Posts: 2,936 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #401
    Yea it’s like the guys who rewrite physics to try and explain how blades just work for “their swing” even though their a double digit HC and hit all over the face.
    Posted:
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members  2936WRX Points: 797Posts: 2,936 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #402
    The basic summation for this ball is if you are Titleist guy and was waiting for their version of the Chrome Soft, Project a, 330rx,etc then this is the ball.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members  11947WRX Points: 1,703Posts: 11,947 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #403
    BiggErn wrote:
    <br />
    The basic summation for this ball is if you are Titleist guy and was waiting for their version of the Chrome Soft, Project a, 330rx,etc then this is the ball.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    You keep saying that and who knows, somebody might buy it. <br />
    <br />
    You are totally hung up on this silly idea that AVX is a Chrome Soft clone when they are completely different designs.
    Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members  2936WRX Points: 797Posts: 2,936 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #404
    BiggErn wrote:
    <br />
    The basic summation for this ball is if you are Titleist guy and was waiting for their version of the Chrome Soft, Project a, 330rx,etc then this is the ball.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    You keep saying that and who knows, somebody might buy it. <br />
    <br />
    You are totally hung up on this silly idea that AVX is a Chrome Soft clone when they are completely different designs.
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I use that because that’s the entire reason it was produced. It is produced to directly compete with the Chrome Soft. FACT! All mid compression urethane balls play very similar. FACT! Any spin, trajectory, or distance disparities are gonna be very small and for the vast majority that don’t hold a plus HC won’t make any difference.
    Posted:
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members  11947WRX Points: 1,703Posts: 11,947 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #405
    BiggErn wrote:
    <br />
    BiggErn wrote:
    <br />
    The basic summation for this ball is if you are Titleist guy and was waiting for their version of the Chrome Soft, Project a, 330rx,etc then this is the ball.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    You keep saying that and who knows, somebody might buy it. <br />
    <br />
    You are totally hung up on this silly idea that AVX is a Chrome Soft clone when they are completely different designs.
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I use that because that’s the entire reason it was produced. It is produced to directly compete with the Chrome Soft. FACT! All mid compression urethane balls play very similar. FACT! Any spin, trajectory, or distance disparities are gonna be very small and for the vast majority that don’t hold a plus HC won’t make any difference.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Here’s a FACT for you. The only Titleist ball advertisement that has ever mentioned Chrome Soft was for the Tour Soft. Sounds like if they produced anything to compete with Chrome Soft it sure wasn’t AVX. <br />
    <br />
    Maybe you got your Titleist ball models confused?<br />
    <br />
    Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members  2936WRX Points: 797Posts: 2,936 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #406
    Of course that’s what Titleist will say. NXT Vs CS is nothing close to comparable. I guess TP5x isn’t a direct competitor to Pro V1x since the TP5x is a 5 piece ball. Semantics
    Posted:
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members  11947WRX Points: 1,703Posts: 11,947 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #407
    BiggErn wrote:
    <br />
    Of course that’s what Titleist will say. NXT Vs CS is nothing close to comparable. I guess TP5x isn’t a direct competitor to Pro V1x since the TP5x is a 5 piece ball. Semantics<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    So where are the FACTS you claim to have insider knowledge of concerning Titleist’s targeting Chrome Soft with the AVX? You have stated it as fact at least 6-8 times now based entirely, it would appear, on your own imagination. <br />
    Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members  2936WRX Points: 797Posts: 2,936 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #408
    Posted:
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members  11947WRX Points: 1,703Posts: 11,947 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #409
    BiggErn wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Did you write that or did you crib it from Tony Covey? It reads like typical **** bumpf.
    Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members  2586WRX Points: 302Posts: 2,586 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Jun 23, 2018 #410
    Are we having this heated discussion if avx was priced at $39.99?<br />
    <br />
    I wonder how much sales hit CS had taken this year with $5 increase.<br />
    <br />
    Current Srixon z star has been around for 18months and just now new posts are popping up praising it. <br />
    <br />
    Yes, price is king. But everyone has different comfort price point.<br />
    .<br />
    If we can stop talking about how **** expensive AVX is and focus on its characteristics, it'd be helpful to many.
    Posted:
  • Z4ParZ4Par Members  439WRX Points: 17Handicap: 7.2Posts: 439 Greens
    Joined:  #411
    All aside. I guess I don’t understand why some (especially on a forum) bring shade to another’s fortune. Instead, they look for ways to bring it down and tell you that it’s comparable to many balls already offered. Just as much equipment is comparable to other offerings. So what? It feels and performs better than any balls tried. What I do buy is what I feel and see with the AVX compared to other offerings and that’s what counts. Why would I kick a sleeping dog? Why would I attempt to disrupt the continued positive trend? So I can save a few dollars and lose the preferred nuances I have with the AVX?<br />
    <br />
    Oh wait, the guy on the Internet forum told me it’s not the ball. Feel/results and playing the best golf of your life don’t go hand in hand. Got ya..
    Posted:
    Callaway Rogue Draw Driver (10 Degrees) 9 Degree setup at +1, Neutral Setting - Aldila Synergy 50 (60 Grams) Stiff - Standard
    Callaway Rogue 4 Wood (17 Degrees) - Aldila Synergy 60 (68 Grams) Stiff - Standard
    Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid (19 Degrees), 4 Hybrid (21 Degrees), 5 Hybrid (24 Degrees) - Aldila Synergy 60 (75 Grams) Stiff - Standard
    Titleist 718 AP3 6 Iron (28 Degrees) through PW (43 Degrees) and Wedge (48 Degrees) - AMT Black S300 - Standard
    Titleist SM6 - 52 Degree F Grind 8 Degree Bounce and 56 Degree F Grind 14 Degree Bounce - Project X 6.0 - Standard
    2018 TaylorMade Spider Tour Red Sightline
    Titleist AVX
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers  3340WRX Points: 642Handicap: 8.3Posts: 3,340 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #412
    BiggErn wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Not looking to create a bigger mess however where did this info come from? Citing your source with a link would be appreciated as I’d like to read the full article.
    Posted:

    Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

    Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

    Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

    Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

    Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

    Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S

    Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Break81Break81 Broke80 Members  2044WRX Points: 96Handicap: 9.5Posts: 2,044 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #413
    I have no problem with how people spend their money . I do agree however the AVX was put to compete with B330RX, CS and Project A ball segment. <br />
    <br />
    Having played them all there is not much difference in performance. It’s all about price point for me (and I like the Truvis pattern for short game focus) but everything else is all very similar. <br />
    <br />
    If you like Titleist products and don’t mind paying up to $48 for the ball more power to you. Myself, I am still playing last years CS and last years Project A as they both were available for $28 or less. <br />
    <br />
    It seems most people who have claimed to AVX changed their game were already playing a Titleist. I do not recall a Bridgestone or Project A lover gushing over the AVX. <br />
    <br />
    Just my $0.02
    Posted:
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members  2936WRX Points: 797Posts: 2,936 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #414
    noodle3872 wrote:
    BiggErn wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Not looking to create a bigger mess however where did this info come from? Citing your source with a link would be appreciated as I’d like to read the full article.
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Google
    Posted:
  • Break81Break81 Broke80 Members  2044WRX Points: 96Handicap: 9.5Posts: 2,044 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #415
    larciel wrote:
    <br />
    Are we having this heated discussion if avx was priced at $39.99?<br />
    <br />
    I wonder how much sales hit CS had taken this year with $5 increase.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I wonder how long the 2018 CS stays at the current price point. My guess, is once the 2016-17 stock dries up, the 2018 may slide back down to $39.99 , or some type of promo. <br />
    <br />
    If you can get $45 on the people who need the latest model you take it especially while people are still buying you previous years model. its all gravy!! <br />
    <br />
    Just like the B-Stones have been 2 for $70 for a while now, even on the newest model I can't see Callaway sticking to that price point. Look at what happened with the SR line up.
    Posted:
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
  • Z4ParZ4Par Members  439WRX Points: 17Handicap: 7.2Posts: 439 Greens
    Joined:  #416
    I’m a big fan of Cally products and gamed the CS for over a year. If it performed better than the AVX than I’d play it. There are many out there playing “tour” labeled balls that shouldn’t be.
    Posted:
    Callaway Rogue Draw Driver (10 Degrees) 9 Degree setup at +1, Neutral Setting - Aldila Synergy 50 (60 Grams) Stiff - Standard
    Callaway Rogue 4 Wood (17 Degrees) - Aldila Synergy 60 (68 Grams) Stiff - Standard
    Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid (19 Degrees), 4 Hybrid (21 Degrees), 5 Hybrid (24 Degrees) - Aldila Synergy 60 (75 Grams) Stiff - Standard
    Titleist 718 AP3 6 Iron (28 Degrees) through PW (43 Degrees) and Wedge (48 Degrees) - AMT Black S300 - Standard
    Titleist SM6 - 52 Degree F Grind 8 Degree Bounce and 56 Degree F Grind 14 Degree Bounce - Project X 6.0 - Standard
    2018 TaylorMade Spider Tour Red Sightline
    Titleist AVX
  • dmarabella13dmarabella13 Seal Beach, CAMembers, Paid BST  87WRX Points: 41Handicap: 4Posts: 87 Fairways
    Joined:  #417
    I found an AVX ball, hit it within 2 feet from the pin, so obviously it's the best ball ever. LOL<br />
    <br />
    But in all seriousness, I've only tried it one time, but felt comparable to ProVs. Only way to really know is to get a ball fitting and find out what's best for you. Has anyone ever done a ball fitting? I have yet to do so, but would be interested to know what's best for me
    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 9.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD XC 7X
    Titleist TS3 15* - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Black 8X
    Titleist TS2 19* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ Hybrid 95X
    Titleist U500 4 Iron - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 105X
    Titleist T100 5-PW Irons - Project X LZ 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F, 54S, 58M - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Onyx S400
    Evnroll ER2 Black 33"
    Titleist ProV1
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Gary GutfulGary Gutful Members  1250WRX Points: 162Posts: 1,250 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Jun 24, 2018 #418
    Z4Par wrote:
    <br />
    All aside. I guess I don’t understand why some (especially on a forum) bring shade to another’s fortune. Instead, they look for ways to bring it down and tell you that it’s comparable to many balls already offered. Just as much equipment is comparable to other offerings. So what? It feels and performs better than any balls tried. What I do buy is what I feel and see with the AVX compared to other offerings and that’s what counts. Why would I kick a sleeping dog? Why would I attempt to disrupt the continued positive trend? So I can save a few dollars and lose the preferred nuances I have with the AVX?<br />
    <br />
    Oh wait, the guy on the Internet forum told me it’s not the ball. Feel/results and playing the best golf of your life don’t go hand in hand. Got ya..<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I didn’t see anyone trying to ‘bring shade to your fortune’. All I saw was people question you when you suggested that it was entirely due to the ball.<br />
    <br />
    Put it a different way. Before you had your magic AVX run, would you think it is logically possible for someone to perform significantly better (over a consistent period) purely just by changing a golf ball?
    Posted:
  • Gary GutfulGary Gutful Members  1250WRX Points: 162Posts: 1,250 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #419
    <br />
    BiggErn wrote:
    <br />
    Of course that’s what Titleist will say. NXT Vs CS is nothing close to comparable. I guess TP5x isn’t a direct competitor to Pro V1x since the TP5x is a 5 piece ball. Semantics<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    So where are the FACTS you claim to have insider knowledge of concerning Titleist’s targeting Chrome Soft with the AVX? You have stated it as fact at least 6-8 times now based entirely, it would appear, on your own imagination. <br />
    <br />
    It doesn’t take a genius to work out that Chrome Soft has taken a big slice of the market and is now the 2nd most popular golf ball. Titleist would be downright negligent if the success of Chrome Soft didn’t factor into their thinking in some capacity.
    Posted:
  • bbp1bbp1 Members  127WRX Points: 0Posts: 127
    Joined:  #420
    <br />
    BiggErn wrote:
    <br />
    The basic summation for this ball is if you are Titleist guy and was waiting for their version of the Chrome Soft, Project a, 330rx,etc then this is the ball.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    You keep saying that and who knows, somebody might buy it.<br />
    <br />
    You are totally hung up on this silly idea that AVX is a Chrome Soft clone when they are completely different designs.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    AVX plays different than Chrome Soft for sure
    Posted:
    Driver-Taylormade M3 10.5-1
    3-5 Woods-Taylormade M3
    Callaway Epic Hybrid 20degree
    Irons 4-9- Taylormade P790
    Wedges 46,52,60 Vokey SM-7
    Putter- Scotty Cameron Newport 3
    HCP 2.9
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • ginringinrin Members  107WRX Points: 71Posts: 107 Fairways
    Joined:  #421
    Really stupid to argue the merits of a ball that suits a person's game. If club fitting can help so much to a persons game why can't ball fitting?. Personally I don't whether it's the AVX or not but my handicap has dropped from 12 to 8 in the last month since I started using the AVX. Just more confidence standing over the ball and more distance with every club, keep hitting a few over the green as I can't believe how far it really goes.I'm 65 yrs old and played for 35yrs so this isn't my first rodeo and my playing companions thought I took secret lessons to hit it better. Not for everyone but this ball has changed my game FWIW.
    Posted:
33

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.