Cobra '19 News?

Comments

• Cruisin1966Cruisin1966 ClubWRX Posts: 752 ClubWRX
    Hit mine at Golftown the other day. Getting used to the Modus3 105's, but when hit solidly, my 7 iron was recorded at sea level flying around 170 max.

Titleist TS3 @ 8.75º
    Taylormade M5 3W @ 15º
    Ping G410 2H @ 17º
    Srixon z785 4-AW
    Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP Oil can @ 56.14º
    Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin @ 62º
    Artisan 0117 Deep Milled

• g-offg-off Members Posts: 315 ✭✭
    anyone having problems with cobra golf website?
    epic flash driver

steelhead xr heavenwood

steelhead xr 9 wood

hogan ft worth hi 22

edel sls 01 5-s

hogan tk 58

putter rotates daily

always hoing the next best thing
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 8,936 ✭✭
    I can’t get on the site for weeks.
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • nfreda2211nfreda2211 ClubWRX Posts: 51 ClubWRX
    I’ve been having trouble with their site on my phone but have had no problems on my laptop.
    No issues connecting to either the US or Canadian Cobra sites, even here at the office

Titleist TS3 @ 8.75º
    Taylormade M5 3W @ 15º
    Ping G410 2H @ 17º
    Srixon z785 4-AW
    Artisan 0117 Deep Milled

• BearQBearQ Break 2 Rebuild Members Posts: 3,266 ✭✭

No issues connecting to either the US or Canadian Cobra sites, even here at the office

love your current bag setup!
    LTD Pro (9.5*) - Matrix Type C Prototype 70X
    M2 Tour (15*)  or  (16.5*) - Black Tie 80M4-X  
    P790 UDI #2 (18*)  / TP UDI #3 (19*) - Black Tie HM4 105X  or  Bridgestone XD-H (18*) - Speeder TS 9.8X
    Srixon Z945 (4-P) - Nippon SPB X
    Cobra MB (50*) Nike VR Forged (56*) Cleveland RTX 2 (60.08W)
    Spider Tour Black 

BearQ wrote:

love your current bag setup!

Thanks.

I have a problem, too many bags worth of clubs to choose from image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> What you see is what I played the last round of the year with.

Titleist TS3 @ 8.75º
    Taylormade M5 3W @ 15º
    Ping G410 2H @ 17º
    Srixon z785 4-AW
    Artisan 0117 Deep Milled

• mtex22mtex22 ClubWRX Posts: 2,160 ClubWRX
    uscgolfguy wrote:

ARRIVED...toe is softer and more rounded compared to 2016 version. Tungsten added to the SOLE.

So how are these performing?
    TITLEIST 917 D2 10.5 Tour Issue - Atmos Tour Spec 6
    ADAMS Tight Lies TI 15 - Diamana D+ White 80
    SRIXON H85 19 - PX Hzrdus Black 80
    SRIXON Z745 - TT Elevate Tour
    COBRA Pur - 50V / 54V / 58V - KBS Hi Rev 2.0
    SCOTTY CAMERON Fastback 1.5 Custom / CARBON Holliday Flowneck Custom
  • uscgolfguyuscgolfguy Members Posts: 176
    mtex22 wrote:

uscgolfguy wrote:

ARRIVED...toe is softer and more rounded compared to 2016 version. Tungsten added to the SOLE.

So how are these performing?

GREAT!!! I have these with the Modus 3 120X vs. 2016 set which has C-Taper Stiff+. So, kinda hard to give an exact appples-to-apples comparison, since the shafts are different. Definitely a much different ball flight with the Modus 120x...very smooth, higher ball flight and easy to work.

The finish for the 2018 King Forged Set is called out as a “diamonized black finish” for some reason it seems like the “finish” is different from the 2016 version? Maybe someone else can chime in...but it seems like the finish on the 2016 version was more integrated were the 2018 version seems more like a “coating”?

Don’t want to set off any alarms...BUT, I’m thinking the 2016 “black” finish is better and more durable???
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members Posts: 10,444 ✭✭
    I might be late to the party on this, but Cobra was supposedly coming out with a putter this year, but the only one I saw was in a new Cobra full set. It was milled and looked nice.
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • Charles.eichmanCharles.eichman ClubWRX Posts: 342 ClubWRX
    Holy Moses wrote:
    I might be late to the party on this, but Cobra was supposedly coming out with a putter this year, but the only one I saw was in a new Cobra full set. It was milled and looked nice.

It is not coming out this coming year. I was told that they have experimented with it but still dont have a product to bring to market.
  • Papa JohickPapa Johick My Girl Duffners Members Posts: 4,466 ✭✭
    hartrick11 wrote:

hm59 wrote:

Will there be a new utility iron for 19?

I don't know for sure, but I doubt it. The King Utility Black came out in 2018 and matches the aesthetics of the new CM/MB and Forged Tec iron sets.

My guess is late next year they update with the DBM finish from the current PVD offering to match with the rest of the lineup.

I dont believe it will come out in the DMB finish. They specified a reason why this year's was not. something to do with either the design of the club or the metal used.
    Forever Changing at this point.......
    Anyone have any on course reviews or comparisons vs other manufacturers. Really curious about King Black CB distance and forgiveness vs AP2's / JPX 919 Tour / Srixon 765 / Callaway X Forged etc....
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members Posts: 1,157 ✭✭
    It’s right up there with all of those stated. I can’t speak for dimensions differences but the CBs are friendly
    Stanks wrote:

It's right up there with all of those stated. I can't speak for dimensions differences but the CBs are friendly

Excellent!! I may do it!!! Thinking 5-Gap with a Utility Black 4 iron
  • hartrick11hartrick11 San DiegoMembers Posts: 31 ✭✭
    mtex22 wrote:

Stanks wrote:

It's right up there with all of those stated. I can't speak for dimensions differences but the CBs are friendly

I just got my set of 5-GW CBs delivered Saturday. Previous gamers were Ping iE1, and did the bulk of my testing with AP2s & Forged Tours before pulling the trigger. After one round and one bucket, they seem friendlier than I expected and close to the AP2 and Forged Tour. They look incredible and feel even better. Also loving the $ taper shafts in feel and looks. Highly recommend all around.

FWIW I got the 5 iron 1 degree strong, and going to order a Forged Tec Black 4 iron 1 degree weak to have 4 degree gaps from 22-50, and will add in a 2-3 black utility iron.
  • MrFlapjackMrFlapjack Members Posts: 2,590 ✭✭
    hartrick11 wrote:

mtex22 wrote:

Stanks wrote:

I just got my set of 5-GW CBs delivered Saturday. Previous gamers were Ping iE1, and did the bulk of my testing with AP2s & Forged Tours before pulling the trigger. After one round and one bucket, they seem friendlier than I expected and close to the AP2 and Forged Tour. They look incredible and feel even better. Also loving the $ taper shafts in feel and looks. Highly recommend all around.

FWIW I got the 5 iron 1 degree strong, and going to order a Forged Tec Black 4 iron 1 degree weak to have 4 degree gaps from 22-50, and will add in a 2-3 black utility iron.

Those look amazing..
    Cobra LTD Pro HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
    Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
    Srixon Z U45 18, 20, 23 () (Testing Cobra F8 and Ping G 3 hybrids)
    Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff) (Testing Cleveland CBX 7-PW, and Nike Vapor Fly 4-6 irons)
    RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff) (Testing Cleveland CBX wedges 48, 52, 56 bent to 50, 54, 58)
    YES Milly - 100gm TLP. (Testing Ping Ketsch Mid)
    hartrick11 wrote:

mtex22 wrote:

Stanks wrote:

Wow they look awesome! thanks for the pics
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members Posts: 1,157 ✭✭
    How are you digging the $ Taper? I tried a set off the rack at my local shop and I just wasn't digging them. I've been an S400 / X100 guys until my current set but, I thought it was a weird feeling shaft.

Can't wait to see more of these irons roll out.
    Same size.

Titleist TS3 @ 8.75º
    Taylormade M5 3W @ 15º
    Ping G410 2H @ 17º
    Srixon z785 4-AW
    Artisan 0117 Deep Milled

• DfwgolfdudeDfwgolfdude Members Posts: 87 ✭✭
    Nice looking sticks!
    My bag
    http://www.golfwrx.c...2-my-mixed-bag/

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]~ Driver - [/font]Callaway[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Epic SZ - 9*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Paderson Kinetix Ballistic- Stiff - Super Stroke grips all around and Pured[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]~ 3 Wood - Titleist TS2 - 15* set to D1 [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Paderson Kinetix Ballistic - Stiff[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]~ 2 Hybrid - Ping G400 - 17*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Paderson Kinetix Ballistic- Stiff[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]~ 4 Hybrid - Cobra F7 - 20.5[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Stock for now but will upgrade shortly[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]~ Irons - [/font]Callaway[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Apex 5 - GW[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nippon NS Pro Modus - Stiff[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]~ Wedges - [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Vokey SM6 52* 56* 60* - Black[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]~ Putter - [/font]Taylormade[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Mini Spider[/font]
  • moorebaseballmoorebaseball Members Posts: 248 ✭✭
    I'm excited to try out the new CB's. The look great, and with the $ taper shafts, they should be money!
  • hartrick11hartrick11 San DiegoMembers Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Stanks wrote:

How are you digging the $ Taper? I tried a set off the rack at my local shop and I just wasn't digging them. I've been an S400 / X100 guys until my current set but, I thought it was a weird feeling shaft.

Can't wait to see more of these irons roll out.

I really like them. This gives me the same weight as the C Taper that I was fitted for, and plenty of stability with a little bit more feel. I only took a handful of swings with the X100 at the fitting so my perspective is limited, but thought the $ taper 130 and X100 weren't far off from each other.
  • Rpete33Rpete33 Members Posts: 495 ✭✭
    Any new wedges coming from cobra?
  • Collo_23Collo_23 Members Posts: 384
    Cobra / Puma going up for sale, what this means for the product moving forward is anyone's guess.
  • Rpete33Rpete33 Members Posts: 495 ✭✭
    Collo_23 wrote:
    Cobra / Puma going up for sale, what this means for the product moving forward is anyone's guess.

The company of cobra/puma is for sale?
  • boggymanboggyman Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭
    edited Dec 5, 2018 #508
    Collo_23 wrote:

Where’d you see and or hear this?? Hope not, I’m ordering F9 OL.
  • J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,279 ✭✭
    edited Dec 5, 2018 #509
    boggyman wrote:

Collo_23 wrote:

Where'd you see and or hear this?? Hope not, I'm ordering F9 OL.

haha not sure what that guy is talking about but Puma / Cobra is not for sale.

*This message is Robopti approved image/telephone.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':telephone:' />
    Callaway Flash SZ 9* / ROGUE 130msi Silver 70TX
    Nike VR Pro LTD 15* / Aldila RIP 80X
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey White Hot Versa #6 Tour issue
    Srixon Zstar XV

GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub

GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/

WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

INSTAGRAM- @Jminis13
  • boggymanboggyman Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭
    J13 wrote:

boggyman wrote:

Collo_23 wrote:

Where'd you see and or hear this?? Hope not, I'm ordering F9 OL.

haha not sure what that guy is talking about but Puma / Cobra is not for sale.

*This message is Robopti approved image/telephone.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':telephone:' />

Sounds good. Thanks!
  • bkress86bkress86 Members Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited Dec 18, 2018 #511
    Anyone know when shops will get heads for fittings? Driver and woods obviously.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Cobra F9 Driver
    Cobra F9 3-Wood
    Titleist TMB 3 iron
    Titleist AP2 4-PW
    Titleist SM7 50*, 54*, 58*
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M