POLL - Ever had a club(s) stolen at a golf course?

2»

Comments

• stimpmeterpstimpmeterp Washington DCMembers  835WRX Points: 123Posts: 835 Golden Tee
    [sharedmedia=core:attachments:4941408]

It's the reason why I use low key and non-matching head covers, actually.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 8.5* A'hina | TS2 15* I'lima  | 915H 21* & 24* Blueboards
    Miz JPX 800 Pro 6-PW S300 | Miz T20 50* 54* 58* PX LZ 6.0
    Goodwood Golf Co. Custom Senna (1/12, coming soon) 
    Ball:  TP5 "77s"
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • DFS PFDDFS PFD Members  1598WRX Points: 809Handicap: 1.8Posts: 1,598 Platinum Tees
    Left a custom Vokey on a green, remembered two holes later, group behind me chose to end their round early and had already left. Wedge was no longer on the fringe and the group was gone from the parking lot.
    Posted:
    G410 LST  HZRDUS Smoke Hulk 6.5TX 60g 
    Epic Flash SZ 15* Tensei PW 80TX
    2-PW Ping Blueprint DG X7
    55* MG Raw Tour issue S400
    60* Hi-Toe Tour Issue S400
    TOULON Garage San Diego

• macedanmacedan Members  418WRX Points: 129Handicap: 18Posts: 418 Greens
    Nope, the bag always stays with me. If I go in, the clubs go in and stay in the pro shop. I just don't get those who are comfortable leaving clubs in their car all the time. I'm in an upstairs apartment but I bring them up and down every time I go to play.
    Posted:
    TaylorMade M2 '17 10.5*
    Mizuno ST180 3W 16*
    Taylormade Aeroburner 5W 18*
    Taylormade P790 (4-PW)
    Cleveland CBX 50/11
    Taylormade Milled Grind 54/11
    Cleveland RTX-3 58/9
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black
    Ball: Taylormade Project A
    Bag: Taylormade Flextech Crossover
    Cart: TGW Players 
  • Metzexpress4Metzexpress4 Members  69WRX Points: 51Handicap: 9.6Posts: 69 Bunkers
    Left a wedge green side but didn't realize until we finished the next hole. I was walking that round and it would have been tough to try and go get it but luckily flagged down the ranger. I told him where it was and asked if he could grab it. He came back with nothing and said he checked with at least three of the groups behind us. Not technically stolen, but still bad karma/my stupidity.

After reading some of these, I'll be sure to put the clubs back in the car before heading into the bar. Never really had a second thought about leaving them outside after the round. Not anymore.
    Posted:
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 - Aldila Rogue-Silver, Stiff 69g
    TaylorMade R11s - ProForce V2, Stiff 76g
    3Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner - Stock Stiff
    Callaway Apex 4-PW True Temper XP-95 S300
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52* 56* 60*
    Kenny Giannini - G-4 No Neck, 34in w/ Superstroke Slim 3.0
  • dubbelbogeydubbelbogey Members  540WRX Points: 256Posts: 540 Golden Tee
    Yes - 2 summers ago. I was using my 5i as a stance alignment aid on the range, so it was laying down on the ground. Of course, I left it there when our group was called to the 1st tee.

Somewhere during the round, I had realized I was no longer in possession of my 5i. I wasn't really worried about it because unlike a nice putter or driver or other great "single use" club, who in their right mind would take home a mid 90's era Ram Tour Grind blade 5i? WTF is anybody going to do with that one club? I went to the clubhouse, the cart garage, the maintenance shack - no luck. I went back multiple times during the subsequent week and even called the shop for someone who may have turned it it later. No joy. Sheesh.

Luckily, I did find a good single iron match on ebay for not too much money (no it wasn't my own club...) - so my set is whole again.

I hope the fool who took that club home hits 10000 consecutive thin shots, all on a day where it's below zero.
    Posted:
  • stimpmeterpstimpmeterp Washington DCMembers  835WRX Points: 123Posts: 835 Golden Tee
    I'm noticing a theme about PA area and in particular the Philadelphia area...

Kidding, kidding! Just pissed about the Bryce Harper news. Carry on.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 8.5* A'hina | TS2 15* I'lima  | 915H 21* & 24* Blueboards
    Miz JPX 800 Pro 6-PW S300 | Miz T20 50* 54* 58* PX LZ 6.0
    Goodwood Golf Co. Custom Senna (1/12, coming soon) 
    Ball:  TP5 "77s"

Advertisement
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve Members  2650WRX Points: 515Handicap: 11Posts: 2,650 Titanium Tees
    Left a nice Scotty putter on the fringe of a green. Didn't notice it until the next green. Drove back and looked for it and questioned three groups behind us. Nobody "found" it and it never got turned in. Wankers!
    Posted:
    • XXIO Prime 10.5*
    • Cobra Max 5w
    • Callaway BB 6h
    • Maltby TE Forged 6 - GW
    • Callaway PM Grind  56*
    • Scotty Fastback
  • ByeBye EnglandMembers  1365WRX Points: 124Handicap: 0.9Posts: 1,365 Platinum Tees
    No, but the bag next to mine got nicked once, some chap strolled in and just took it. Cheeky bugger!

Posted:
    Taylormade M3 9.5 - Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver 70X
    Titleist 816 H2 20 degrees - Aldila Rogue Black 85X
    Titleist 716CB 4-9 - X100
    Vokey SM7 46.10, 50.08, 54M, 59M - S400
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5
    Titleist Pro V1
  • donodono Members  82WRX Points: 68Posts: 82 Fairways

It's the reason why I use low key and non-matching head covers, actually.

+1 exactly what I do. My OEM head covers are mint!
    Posted:
  • bvmagicbvmagic Members  1090WRX Points: 140Posts: 1,090 Platinum Tees
    Never happened to me, however I have seen it happen to others. For a while now, I always have the rain cover zipped up on my clubs when I have to step away for a bit.
    Posted:
  • bjmdobjmdo SCMembers  295WRX Points: 85Handicap: 6Posts: 295 Greens
    Thankfully, I have never had anything stolen but know plenty of people who have. Agree with above, I never use the OEM headcovers.
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash 9 degree with Hzrdus Smoke 70 stiff
    Callaway Epic Flash 5 wood (-1) with Hzrdus Smoke 70 stiff
    Callaway Epic 3 and 4 hybrid with Graphite Design AD-HY 85X
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC 5-PW with KBS C-taper Lite X-flex, hard-stepped 1x
    Edel 51, 56, 60 wedges
    Scotty Cameron NP2
    Ball: Titleist ProV1x

Advertisement
  • golfjamgolfjam Members  598WRX Points: 99Handicap: 2.8Posts: 598 Golden Tee
    Not yet but a friend of mine had his brand new Bushnell Pro X2 stolen somewhere in the golf course. The carrying case was still attached but nothing inside. I hear a lot of stories playing munis in Los Angeles and always ask my friends to watch my bag if I leave it unattended.

I found many clubs, cell phones and rangefinders and always return them. The look of relieve from people when I tell them I found it is always priceless.
    Posted:

Titleist TS3 9.5 Fuji Evo II 661X

Callaway XR16 15 Fuji TS 7.2S

TM 790 UDI 2 C Fuji Pro 83X

Mizuno MP-5 4-PW C Taper Lite X

TM MG2 50/54/60 TI S400

Whitlam Anser Style

• GhostwedgeGhostwedge Members  702WRX Points: 94Handicap: 8.0Posts: 702 Golden Tee
    Last year a guy was in the grillroom at a private club in Tulsa, some kid stole his clubs off the rack outside. Next day the guy saw the kid selling them in the Golf Galaxy parking lot. The guy had the kid on the ground with a pistol pointed at his chest. Guy was retired law enforcement. Do not F with a retired guyʻs clubs in Oklahoma.

Posted:
  • marmadukmarmaduk Members  304WRX Points: 209Posts: 304 Greens
    I’ve left 6 clubs on the course over the decades and had every last one turned in. One finally made its way back to me 11 weeks after losing it!

I’ve turned in a dozen or so clubs, 3 sets of keys, 2 lasers, 1 wallet, and 1 watch.

Posted:
    WITB: Epon, Ryoma, A-Grind, Yururi, Bettinardi
    http://www.golfwrx.c...-pic-heavy-jdm/

Trees may be 90% air but they're 100% angry.
  • DaveMc82DaveMc82 Members  74WRX Points: 59Handicap: 8Posts: 74 Bunkers
    It’s a big problem in the uk where I spend half of my time. There’s a public path running behind a tee box on one of the courses I play and it’s notorious for people popping out of the bushes to have a club or 2 out of player’s bags. It’s a par 3 with a raised tee so people leave their bags at the foot of the mound. The thieves are normally accompanied by some unpleasant dogs that they’re allegedly walking. I personally always carry my bag and it comes up the top with me.

You’d be amazed how often a pickup will roll up to the parking lot by the clubhouse, 5 or 6 guys jump out and grab as many bags sat outside as possible, Chuck them in the bed and drive off. You even see it with a van where the gang of them are sat in the back doors and jump out to even grab bags on expensive trolleys. Last place I know of getting done approximately 2 weeks ago, they got away with over $60,000 in one hit. On average each bag was topping $3500 when you accounted for $1000 of trolley also.

Posted:
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers  2487WRX Points: 738Handicap: 0.9Posts: 2,487 Platinum Tees
    Never. I am just surprised at the number of golfers who never come back for their clubs. My local course has about 75+ clubs at this point no one has ever come back for just from 2018.
    Posted:
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus w/Tensei Orange
    3 Wood: Titleist TS2 w/HZRDUS Smoke
    Hybrid: Titleist 718 H2 w/Atmos Blue TS 
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and 58
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Bridgestone XS

Advertisement
  • lefty1978lefty1978 Charlotte, NCMembers  620WRX Points: 372Handicap: 8.7Posts: 620 Golden Tee

Never. I am just surprised at the number of golfers who never come back for their clubs. My local course has about 75+ clubs at this point no one has ever come back for just from 2018.

Maybe they stole something better 🤔
    Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 9.5° w/ Fujikura Speeder Evolution IV 661
    Callaway GBB Epic sz 15° w/ Aldila Rogue Max 75g
    Mizuno MP-20 SEL HMB 3-4 iron w/ DG 120 S300
    Mizuno MP-20 SEL 5-PW w/ DG 120 S300
    Mizuno S18 52°/9°
    Mizuno S18 57°/11°
    Titleist Vokey SM5 62°/8° T Grind
    Scotty Cameron California Del Mar Putter
    Titleist Pro V1 golf balls
  • dunndunn Members  6362WRX Points: 163Handicap: 5Posts: 6,362 Titanium Tees
    I pretty much play same 3 courses and most know me and my bag (bright red), so always someone around who I play with at one of em....so if someone started to walk off with it good chance they wouldn't get far

Now if I was random playing different tracks all the time be totally different .....

I used to be let's just say "on other side of tracks" for along time when young......thieves usuallg watch/scout out an area b4 doing the theft....so chances are they been watching you for awhile b4 they take your chit.....

So pay attn to people who dont "belong" or seem "off"....you can spot em I see em all the time, not gonna be foolproof but definitely raise bar on your chances.....pay attn to what/ who is goin on around you!
    Posted:
  • Boricua GolfBoricua Golf Members  3447WRX Points: 143Handicap: 3.3Posts: 3,447 Titanium Tees
    I had my entire bag stolen at a municipal course, but I was very good friends with the Head Pro, I normally leave my bag where I can see it or where the cameras can have a view of it. Since the cameras recorded everything the Pro submitted a repot through the course and I got my set replaced with the same brand equipment but with the updated versions since my Callaway stuff was a bit older, lucky me!!!!
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Ping G LS Tec 10.5*, Ping Tour 65X, tipped 1", 44.25"
    Ping G 14.5*, Diamana Whiteboard D+ 82X, tipped .5", 42.5"
    Ping G 19*, GD Tour AD-DI 105X
    Ping iBlade 4-P, Project X 6.5 Flighted
    Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58* with Project X 6.5 Flighted
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5 33.25" with Scotty Custom Black Pistolero grip, Ping Karsten TR Zing Tour 32.75", built up blacked out Pingman Grip
    Bridgestone Tour XS (Tiger Edition) and new Pro V1
  • kasting333kasting333 Members  71WRX Points: 82Posts: 71 Bunkers
    My Scotty Cameron Mil Spec that I had new since I was 13 got stolen from my bag from a college teammate. He got cut and the same day my putter was gone. I never got it back and I lost my confidence putting for 5 years after that.
    Posted:
    913 D2 9.75 Kuro Kage 70 X
    Ping G 14.5 Tour X
    Mizuno MP-30 2 iron / Ping G25 20* Hybrid
    Mizuno MP-37 3-PW S300
    Ping Glide Stealth 52*/ Ping Glide 58*
    Odyssey TriHot #2
    Pro V1
  • averysdadaverysdad Members  1388WRX Points: 253Posts: 1,388 Platinum Tees
    Never had anything stolen but have had many towels, headcover, gloves...even a wedding band (on my 1 year wedding anniversary; wife was actually cool) fall off the cart and nobody ever turned in.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • ToothpasteToothpaste Members  15WRX Points: 18Posts: 15 Bunkers
    When I play by myself I always check-in before I get my clubs out of my car then go back and get them. It’s a little extra walking time but I got my clubs stolen when I was in high school and have been paranoid ever since. Some real golfing horror stories in this thread. Looks like my paranoia is not going away anytime soon.
    Posted:
  • uwhockey14uwhockey14 Madison WIUnregistered  305WRX Points: 79Posts: 305 Greens
    they weren't stollen at the course, they were stolen from my garage but I saw the idiot who stole them playing at my home course with them a couple months later.... I was walking into the pro shop and saw my golf bag standing there with my Scotty Cameron C.L.N. putter just banging around in the bag with no headcover down by the wedges.... I let the guy tee off with them, called the cops and then grabbed a cart and caught up with him on the 2nd hole, grabbed the clubs, put them on my cart and drove off...... the guy got away lucky because I was close to tossing him in the **** lake. Worked out well because I got my insurance money and my clubs back......
    Posted:
  • Rambler1277Rambler1277 HoustonMembers  70WRX Points: 59Posts: 70 Bunkers
    Nope. I was playing Steele Canyon in San Diego back to back last summer and on the second day I realized I'd left my much loved SM6 56 degree wedge somewhere the day before. Called the pro shop and they drove it out to the third hole for me. Good people, great course.
    Posted:
    Taylormade 2016 M2 10.5, Rogue 
    Titleist 816 H2 19, degree Diamana S+ Stiff
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3, 4, 5 DG S300
    Mizuno MP-5 6-PW DG S300
    Vokey SM5 52 F, SM6 56 M, SM6 60 M
    Piretti Elite Potenza
  • mcasella08mcasella08 Members  89WRX Points: 19Handicap: 10Posts: 89 Fairways
    Left a Superspeed Swing club and someone kept that but that's it so far!
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.