Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round 3)

 stasek ·  
stasekstasek Members  900WRX Points: 147Handicap: 4.xPosts: 900 Golden Tee
Joined:  in Midwest #1

How about round 3..... seems like nobody “wants” to create a new thread, round 2 has fallen off the first page AND has 11k+ posts....
SO..... here we go! Not tomorrow, but next round coming up at George Dunne on Saturday.
Hit away!!!!

Posted:
«13456773
73

Comments

  • taylorx300taylorx300 Members  1378WRX Points: 204Handicap: 4Posts: 1,378 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #2

    Blackstone on Fri/Sat for the McHenry Co. Am tourney.

    Posted:
    M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
    M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
    M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
    P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
    52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
    60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • geochitowngeochitown Members  2236WRX Points: 325Handicap: 14Posts: 2,236 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #3

    It's not that the thread has lost popularity, I think it's just that there is an error that the thread is not updating on the page corresponding to the date/time of the last post.

    Posted:
    Lead Tape lovingly applied - Driver through GW
    TEE XCG7 Beta +1* to 11.5* - Testing at 43" w/ Matrix 7M3 stiff/Driver stand-in Wishon 919THI 13* Matrix 7M3 at 42.75"
    TEE XCG7 Beta 4W 16.5* - Matrix 8M2 /5W 18* - Matrix 8M2 stiff tipped 2" at 41.75"
    OR TEE XCG7 Beta 19* H - Fujikura Fit-on Red Stiff - 85 g at 39.25"
    TEE XCG7 Beta 22*H - Diamana Thump T93 Stiff untipped at 38.75"
    TEE XCG7 Beta 25*H - Diamana Thump i465ct 4i shaft stiff 38.25"
    Wishon 560MC's 5-PW (27,31,35,39,43.5,48) at -1/2" length KBS Tour 105 Stiff
    Vokey SM4 52-08F
    Cleveland TA588 57-10 (bent to 56*, so 9* bounce)
    Vokey SM5 60-07S  
    SC Futura X5r 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0
    OR Bastain Milled BM-007 Prototype 371g at 33"
  • geochitowngeochitown Members  2236WRX Points: 325Handicap: 14Posts: 2,236 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #4

    Edit; looks like its working again

    Posted:
    Lead Tape lovingly applied - Driver through GW
    TEE XCG7 Beta +1* to 11.5* - Testing at 43" w/ Matrix 7M3 stiff/Driver stand-in Wishon 919THI 13* Matrix 7M3 at 42.75"
    TEE XCG7 Beta 4W 16.5* - Matrix 8M2 /5W 18* - Matrix 8M2 stiff tipped 2" at 41.75"
    OR TEE XCG7 Beta 19* H - Fujikura Fit-on Red Stiff - 85 g at 39.25"
    TEE XCG7 Beta 22*H - Diamana Thump T93 Stiff untipped at 38.75"
    TEE XCG7 Beta 25*H - Diamana Thump i465ct 4i shaft stiff 38.25"
    Wishon 560MC's 5-PW (27,31,35,39,43.5,48) at -1/2" length KBS Tour 105 Stiff
    Vokey SM4 52-08F
    Cleveland TA588 57-10 (bent to 56*, so 9* bounce)
    Vokey SM5 60-07S  
    SC Futura X5r 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0
    OR Bastain Milled BM-007 Prototype 371g at 33"
  • geochitowngeochitown Members  2236WRX Points: 325Handicap: 14Posts: 2,236 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #5

    sorry, completely out of it.
    didn't realize this was the new thread.
    maybe the old thread was too big for it to update correctly.

    Posted:
    Lead Tape lovingly applied - Driver through GW
    TEE XCG7 Beta +1* to 11.5* - Testing at 43" w/ Matrix 7M3 stiff/Driver stand-in Wishon 919THI 13* Matrix 7M3 at 42.75"
    TEE XCG7 Beta 4W 16.5* - Matrix 8M2 /5W 18* - Matrix 8M2 stiff tipped 2" at 41.75"
    OR TEE XCG7 Beta 19* H - Fujikura Fit-on Red Stiff - 85 g at 39.25"
    TEE XCG7 Beta 22*H - Diamana Thump T93 Stiff untipped at 38.75"
    TEE XCG7 Beta 25*H - Diamana Thump i465ct 4i shaft stiff 38.25"
    Wishon 560MC's 5-PW (27,31,35,39,43.5,48) at -1/2" length KBS Tour 105 Stiff
    Vokey SM4 52-08F
    Cleveland TA588 57-10 (bent to 56*, so 9* bounce)
    Vokey SM5 60-07S  
    SC Futura X5r 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0
    OR Bastain Milled BM-007 Prototype 371g at 33"
  • geochitowngeochitown Members  2236WRX Points: 325Handicap: 14Posts: 2,236 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #6

    Mt Prospect tonite

    Posted:
    Lead Tape lovingly applied - Driver through GW
    TEE XCG7 Beta +1* to 11.5* - Testing at 43" w/ Matrix 7M3 stiff/Driver stand-in Wishon 919THI 13* Matrix 7M3 at 42.75"
    TEE XCG7 Beta 4W 16.5* - Matrix 8M2 /5W 18* - Matrix 8M2 stiff tipped 2" at 41.75"
    OR TEE XCG7 Beta 19* H - Fujikura Fit-on Red Stiff - 85 g at 39.25"
    TEE XCG7 Beta 22*H - Diamana Thump T93 Stiff untipped at 38.75"
    TEE XCG7 Beta 25*H - Diamana Thump i465ct 4i shaft stiff 38.25"
    Wishon 560MC's 5-PW (27,31,35,39,43.5,48) at -1/2" length KBS Tour 105 Stiff
    Vokey SM4 52-08F
    Cleveland TA588 57-10 (bent to 56*, so 9* bounce)
    Vokey SM5 60-07S  
    SC Futura X5r 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0
    OR Bastain Milled BM-007 Prototype 371g at 33"
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX  25399WRX Points: 2,556Handicap: 2 ManyPosts: 25,399 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #7

    On -, @taylorx300 said:

    Blackstone on Fri/Sat for the McHenry Co. Am tourney.

    We'll be in front of the event that morning...whew.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • taylorx300taylorx300 Members  1378WRX Points: 204Handicap: 4Posts: 1,378 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #8

    DP you should play in it. The tourney director is still filling spots.

    Posted:
    M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
    M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
    M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
    P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
    52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
    60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX  25399WRX Points: 2,556Handicap: 2 ManyPosts: 25,399 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #9

    On -, @taylorx300 said:

    DP you should play in it. The tourney director is still filling spots.

    We have our own FedEx style competition with 14 guys and Saturday at BS is one of our events.

    Plus, I looked at the site for the event and they don't have a "These guys really suck" flight.

    Posted:
  • mci711mci711 ChicagoMembers  1596WRX Points: 553Posts: 1,596 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #10

    I think I might play Mt Prospect tomorrow. This weekend playing in a 2 man "ryder cup" tournament at Seven Bridges. 6 - Best ball, 6- Alternate Shot, 6 Scramble. My fiance gets to play from the reds which is always fun.

    Posted:
  • DeeBee30DeeBee30 Chicago areaMembers  516WRX Points: 159Handicap: 10.0Posts: 516 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #11

    Upcoming rounds through the weekend include Sunset Ridge tomorrow, Arrowhead on Saturday and Veteran's Memorial (formerly WIllow Glen) on Sunday. That'll make 27 rounds this year as of July 14, compared to only 16 rounds through mid-July last year. Hoping to get to 60+ this year, which will put me back in the pre-marriage/kids range.

    Posted:
  • Argonne69Argonne69 Members  23451WRX Points: 7,406Posts: 23,451 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #12

    Yeah, I noticed the name change on Willow Glen. Curious when they did that.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • SymphonizeSymphonize Members  120WRX Points: 50Posts: 120 Fairways
    Joined:  #13

    Supposed to hit up Prairie Isle on Saturday but my playing partner had to go to the ER last night and had some blood clots in his leg. Not DVT’s and just put him on aspirin, but not sure what his status will be for Saturday

    Posted:
  • TheBear95TheBear95 Members  531WRX Points: 158Posts: 531 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #14

    On -, @Symphonize said:

    Supposed to hit up Prairie Isle on Saturday but my playing partner had to go to the ER last night and had some blood clots in his leg. Not DVT’s and just put him on aspirin, but not sure what his status will be for Saturday

    Played Prairie Isle on Sunday. Course is in excellent shape.

    Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 10.5*
    Mizuno MP 650 15*
    Mizuno MP 650 19*
    Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 24*
    Mizuno MP 18 SC (5-PW)
    Mizuno T20 50*, 54*, 58*
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX  25399WRX Points: 2,556Handicap: 2 ManyPosts: 25,399 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #15

    On -, @TheBear95 said:

    On -, @Symphonize said:

    Supposed to hit up Prairie Isle on Saturday but my playing partner had to go to the ER last night and had some blood clots in his leg. Not DVT’s and just put him on aspirin, but not sure what his status will be for Saturday

    Played Prairie Isle on Sunday. Course is in excellent shape.

    It doesn't get enough love for the layout. Very unique...lots of undulation to the fairways and it doesn't seem to get a ton of play. They need to figure out how to incorporate a range into the facility.

    Posted:
  • TheBear95TheBear95 Members  531WRX Points: 158Posts: 531 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #16

    On -, @DavePelz4 said:

    On -, @TheBear95 said:

    On -, @Symphonize said:

    Supposed to hit up Prairie Isle on Saturday but my playing partner had to go to the ER last night and had some blood clots in his leg. Not DVT’s and just put him on aspirin, but not sure what his status will be for Saturday

    Played Prairie Isle on Sunday. Course is in excellent shape.

    It doesn't get enough love for the layout. Very unique...lots of undulation to the fairways and it doesn't seem to get a ton of play. They need to figure out how to incorporate a range into the facility.

    Big fan of the course. The conditioning has been solid each time I've gone there and I like the mostly parkland layout. To be honest, I prefer PI over it's more popular neighbors, Foxford Hills and Chalet Hills.

    Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 10.5*
    Mizuno MP 650 15*
    Mizuno MP 650 19*
    Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 24*
    Mizuno MP 18 SC (5-PW)
    Mizuno T20 50*, 54*, 58*
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser
  • ldchristopherldchristopher Members  1080WRX Points: 254Handicap: 2.5Posts: 1,080 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #17

    On -, @TheBear95 said:

    On -, @DavePelz4 said:

    On -, @TheBear95 said:

    On -, @Symphonize said:

    Supposed to hit up Prairie Isle on Saturday but my playing partner had to go to the ER last night and had some blood clots in his leg. Not DVT’s and just put him on aspirin, but not sure what his status will be for Saturday

    Played Prairie Isle on Sunday. Course is in excellent shape.

    It doesn't get enough love for the layout. Very unique...lots of undulation to the fairways and it doesn't seem to get a ton of play. They need to figure out how to incorporate a range into the facility.

    Big fan of the course. The conditioning has been solid each time I've gone there and I like the mostly parkland layout. To be honest, I prefer PI over it's more popular neighbors, Foxford Hills and Chalet Hills.

    The location isn’t ideal as Prairie Grove is kind of in no-man’s land as far as toll road/highway access is concerned. Of course, Foxford and Chalet Hills are 5 minutes away and the former isn’t hurting for business while the latter has nearly constant league play. I wish it got more love because I like to see successful courses, but the current value there is so good ($29 after 12:00 on weekends; $23 after 3:00 on weekends) that I selfishly don’t want it to get TOO popular.

    Posted:
    Driver: Titleist 917 D2 10.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Max 65 stiff
    3 Wood: Titleist 917 F2 13.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Black 80 stiff
    5 Wood: Titleist 917 F2 18˚ w/ Aldila Rogue Black 80 stiff
    Hybrid: Titleist 816H 21˚ w/ Aldila Rogue Max 85 stiff
    Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 Forged (4-5 iron) and Tour (6-PW) w/ KBS C-Taper Lite 110 stiff
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey Cold Forged 52°/8° 58°/10°
    Putter: Lajosi Sensor 303SS w/ oil can finish 
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • MountainKingMountainKing Members  1808WRX Points: 401Posts: 1,808 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #18

    Just got back from 54 holes down in the Indianapolis area, I put a full report on the main page. Great two days but **** my back didn't hold up and the heat was brutal.

    Posted:

    Taylormade M3 8.5* Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 73x
    Taylormade M3 3 Wood Accra FX 300
    Callaway Razr Tour Hybrid 19* Nunchuk
    Rocketbladez Tour 4-PW TT X100
    Tour Preferred 50/54 S400
    TM HI Toe 58 ATV S400
    TM Itsy Bitsy

  • mci711mci711 ChicagoMembers  1596WRX Points: 553Posts: 1,596 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #19

    On -, @MountainKing said:

    Just got back from 54 holes down in the Indianapolis area, I put a full report on the main page. Great two days but **** my back didn't hold up and the heat was brutal.

    How was Joliet GC when you went there recently - condition wise?

    Posted:
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members  11065WRX Points: 846Posts: 11,065 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #20

    Highlands of Elgin today. Should be the firmest it has played in some time.

    Posted:
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 14.5* (Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 X)
    Ping G400 Crossover 19* (Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 S)
    Ping i20 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • MountainKingMountainKing Members  1808WRX Points: 401Posts: 1,808 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #21

    On -, @mci711 said:

    On -, @MountainKing said:

    Just got back from 54 holes down in the Indianapolis area, I put a full report on the main page. Great two days but **** my back didn't hold up and the heat was brutal.

    How was Joliet GC when you went there recently - condition wise?

    Good, greens rolled nice, fairways were firm and fast.

    Posted:

    Taylormade M3 8.5* Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 73x
    Taylormade M3 3 Wood Accra FX 300
    Callaway Razr Tour Hybrid 19* Nunchuk
    Rocketbladez Tour 4-PW TT X100
    Tour Preferred 50/54 S400
    TM HI Toe 58 ATV S400
    TM Itsy Bitsy

  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX  25399WRX Points: 2,556Handicap: 2 ManyPosts: 25,399 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #22

    On -, @Holy Moses said:

    Highlands of Elgin today. Should be the firmest it has played in some time.

    They seem to put a lot of water on the course and sometimes the front of greens are soft. Will be interested to hear about the conditions.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • mci711mci711 ChicagoMembers  1596WRX Points: 553Posts: 1,596 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #23

    On -, @DavePelz4 said:

    On -, @Holy Moses said:

    Highlands of Elgin today. Should be the firmest it has played in some time.

    They seem to put a lot of water on the course and sometimes the front of greens are soft. Will be interested to hear about the conditions.

    That is my one disappointment with the course. I play there expecting firm and fast conditions, which I think it is laid out for, but every time it is soft and over watered. Last time it hadn't rained in I don't know how long and I had a mud ball just about anytime I hit a fairway.

    Posted:
  • DeeBee30DeeBee30 Chicago areaMembers  516WRX Points: 159Handicap: 10.0Posts: 516 Golden Tee
    Joined:  edited Jul 11, 2019 #24

    Moved to general topics

    Posted:
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX  25399WRX Points: 2,556Handicap: 2 ManyPosts: 25,399 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #25

    On -, @mci711 said:

    On -, @DavePelz4 said:

    On -, @Holy Moses said:

    Highlands of Elgin today. Should be the firmest it has played in some time.

    They seem to put a lot of water on the course and sometimes the front of greens are soft. Will be interested to hear about the conditions.

    That is my one disappointment with the course. I play there expecting firm and fast conditions, which I think it is laid out for, but every time it is soft and over watered. Last time it hadn't rained in I don't know how long and I had a mud ball just about anytime I hit a fairway.

    They have a great course, practice area, etc. They run it well, too. It seems as though they think the course has to be plush green to be enjoyable. A true links course really isn't supposed to be green everywhere. It's supposed to be as nature "manages" it with some limitations. You've got to keep the greens alive and not let them get to the point of being fast and unmanageable but I'd be OK if the course faded a bit. Makes it even more linksy, if that's a word.

    Posted:
  • mci711mci711 ChicagoMembers  1596WRX Points: 553Posts: 1,596 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #26

    On -, @DavePelz4 said:

    On -, @mci711 said:

    On -, @DavePelz4 said:

    On -, @Holy Moses said:

    Highlands of Elgin today. Should be the firmest it has played in some time.

    They seem to put a lot of water on the course and sometimes the front of greens are soft. Will be interested to hear about the conditions.

    That is my one disappointment with the course. I play there expecting firm and fast conditions, which I think it is laid out for, but every time it is soft and over watered. Last time it hadn't rained in I don't know how long and I had a mud ball just about anytime I hit a fairway.

    They have a great course, practice area, etc. They run it well, too. It seems as though they think the course has to be plush green to be enjoyable. A true links course really isn't supposed to be green everywhere. It's supposed to be as nature "manages" it with some limitations. You've got to keep the greens alive and not let them get to the point of being fast and unmanageable but I'd be OK if the course faded a bit. Makes it even more linksy, if that's a word.

    Completely agree. It's like their superintendent is scared to let it get firm.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • mci711mci711 ChicagoMembers  1596WRX Points: 553Posts: 1,596 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #28

    On -, @VNutz said:

    Highlands of Elgin falls under the Elgin Park District. My guess is if they made it firm and fast it would generally mean more brown as well, which to the uneducated golfer might make it look like it wasn't being maintained properly, and to the less experienced golfer more difficult to play, both of which would likely lead to taxpayers complaining about tax dollar usage. As it currently is they water the heck out of it, but it looks amazing all the time to the residents that show up to eat at the Grumpy Goat so they think it's being run well, the Super remains in good standing, as does the head of the park district, and the town doesn't have to answer a ton of questions and complaints. Works for everybody. Just my own speculation, no evidence behind it.

    Good points! Everything always comes down to money. I can't wait to play in Scotland next month and experience true firm and fast.

    Posted:
  • DeeBee30DeeBee30 Chicago areaMembers  516WRX Points: 159Handicap: 10.0Posts: 516 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #29

    On -, @VNutz said:

    Highlands of Elgin falls under the Elgin Park District. My guess is if they made it firm and fast it would generally mean more brown as well, which to the uneducated golfer might make it look like it wasn't being maintained properly, and to the less experienced golfer more difficult to play, both of which would likely lead to taxpayers complaining about tax dollar usage. As it currently is they water the heck out of it, but it looks amazing all the time to the residents that show up to eat at the Grumpy Goat so they think it's being run well, the Super remains in good standing, as does the head of the park district, and the town doesn't have to answer a ton of questions and complaints. Works for everybody. Just my own speculation, no evidence behind it.

    I'm sure this is spot-on. This is emblematic of golf in general - at least in the US - where people see on TV all the lush green courses regularly played by the PGA tour. That has to color the general golfing public's perception of what a quality golf course should look like, so anything leaning towards brownish hues is probably thought of as poor condition.

    Posted:
  • VNutzVNutz Members  6732WRX Points: 653Posts: 6,732 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #30

    On -, @mci711 said:

    On -, @VNutz said:

    Highlands of Elgin falls under the Elgin Park District. My guess is if they made it firm and fast it would generally mean more brown as well, which to the uneducated golfer might make it look like it wasn't being maintained properly, and to the less experienced golfer more difficult to play, both of which would likely lead to taxpayers complaining about tax dollar usage. As it currently is they water the heck out of it, but it looks amazing all the time to the residents that show up to eat at the Grumpy Goat so they think it's being run well, the Super remains in good standing, as does the head of the park district, and the town doesn't have to answer a ton of questions and complaints. Works for everybody. Just my own speculation, no evidence behind it.

    Good points! Everything always comes down to money. I can't wait to play in Scotland next month and experience true firm and fast.

    Jealous!!

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX  25399WRX Points: 2,556Handicap: 2 ManyPosts: 25,399 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #31

    On -, @VNutz said:

    On -, @mci711 said:

    On -, @VNutz said:

    Highlands of Elgin falls under the Elgin Park District. My guess is if they made it firm and fast it would generally mean more brown as well, which to the uneducated golfer might make it look like it wasn't being maintained properly, and to the less experienced golfer more difficult to play, both of which would likely lead to taxpayers complaining about tax dollar usage. As it currently is they water the heck out of it, but it looks amazing all the time to the residents that show up to eat at the Grumpy Goat so they think it's being run well, the Super remains in good standing, as does the head of the park district, and the town doesn't have to answer a ton of questions and complaints. Works for everybody. Just my own speculation, no evidence behind it.

    Good points! Everything always comes down to money. I can't wait to play in Scotland next month and experience true firm and fast.

    Jealous!!

    Yeah but he doesn't get to play with Jimmy (inside joke to hide equal jealousy).

    Posted:
73

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.