Public Short Loop Concept?

2»

Comments

• CougarRedCougarRed Southeast TexasMembers Posts: 97 ✭✭✭
    edited Aug 5, 2019 2:31am #32

There a couple of nice Par 32 nine hole tracks in SE Texas, and a few more courses with short loops either by design or because they lost holes in Hurricane Harvey.

I think the concept is based on the success of Top Golf. Come have a good time for an hour to 90 munutes or so. The courses are short enough that beginners can try golf without a big time commitment. 18 holes can be daunting for beginners.

• jbrunkjbrunk Central IllinoisMembers Posts: 638 ✭✭✭✭✭

I (kinda) understand the course’s perspective here. But given an hour, I’d rather walk a 9-hole Par 3 course. Our local is par 29 and costs $11. Par 20 for $25 is a non-starter. Include the beer at 7 am, now we’re talking.

Cobra F9 1W Rogue MAX 65
    Cobra F6 3W HZRDUS Smoke 75
    Cobra F9 Tour 5W HZRDUS Smoke 75
    Ping G 4Hy NV 2KXV Green 85H
    Callaway XF/MB 5i-PW Modus3 120
    Mizuno S18 52 56 60
    Piretti Teramo CS

• SnapHooker_605SnapHooker_605 Members Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the idea. The course I grew playing up actually built their par 3 course so that the 5th hole ended by the pro shop so that you could hammer out a quick lunch round. I don't know if I am as big of a fan of that setup on a regular course, but most of the ones I play are more of a loop layout, so it would be difficult. Other layouts it would probably work fine.

Cobra King F8 Driver  Aldila NV-2KXV Green 65 Stiff (9 degree setting, Draw Weight Placement, -3/4")
    Cobra King F8 3-4 Wood Aldila NV-2KXV Blue 70 Stiff (15.5 degree setting, -1/2")
    Cobra King F7 3-4 Hybrid (19 degree setting)
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4 Iron Thru G Wedge - KBS Regular Flex Steel Shafts
    Titleist Spin Milled SM 5 54/10 degree and 58/8 Degree - Stock Steel Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Red X3 (34")
  • Johnny BiarritzJohnny Biarritz Members Posts: 470 ✭✭✭✭

I like the idea, not really the price point. Seems high when I have a number of courses in my area that I can play a full 9, even 18, for less than that. But I don't know the economics of the particular market. My club had a 4 or 5 hole loop that I can play. So if I have 2 hours, rather than just play 9, I can hit a few balls, practice some putting, and then play 4 or 5 holes. An old friend of mine in the golf business had an idea for a course where it had 6 loops of 3 holes going out from the clubhouse. Could pay for golf in any multiple of 3 holes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file