Favorite Hybrid shafts

Allergic2Birdies

What shaft do you have? I’m in the exact same situation. Game a HZRDUS smoke black in driver and 3 wood. Playing an original callaway apex hybrid with stock kurokage shaft and I hate it. I’ve been looking to hit the 818 H1 and 2 to see how the results are. Really interested in being able to adjust the lie angle

10° Titleist TSI2 x Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

17.5° PING G410 x Fujikura Ventus Red 7S

22° PXG 0317X Gen 2 Hybrid x Mitsubishi MMT 80S

Srixon z545 3 Iron x Nippon Modus 120S

Srixon z585 5 Iron x Nippon Modus 120S

Srixon z785 6-PW x Nippon Modus 120S

Wedges: Titleist SM8 50*12F, 54*12D, 58*8M

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Brandon Double Bend

IG: @matt.golfs

> @MattGolfs said:

> What shaft do you have? I’m in the exact same situation. Game a HZRDUS smoke black in driver and 3 wood. Playing an original callaway apex hybrid with stock kurokage shaft and I hate it. I’ve been looking to hit the 818 H1 and 2 to see how the results are. Really interested in being able to adjust the lie angle

Atmos Tour Spec HB Blue 6S Stiff shaft

• Like 1

> @tleader said:

> Love my Graphite Design Tour AD HY.

> Super smooth, nice high flight.

I see a lot of people using this, definitley have to try it. It’s just so dang expensive!

10° Titleist TSI2 x Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

17.5° PING G410 x Fujikura Ventus Red 7S

22° PXG 0317X Gen 2 Hybrid x Mitsubishi MMT 80S

Srixon z545 3 Iron x Nippon Modus 120S

Srixon z585 5 Iron x Nippon Modus 120S

Srixon z785 6-PW x Nippon Modus 120S

Wedges: Titleist SM8 50*12F, 54*12D, 58*8M

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Brandon Double Bend

IG: @matt.golfs

I have an Evenflow Black I really like in my g410 19. Super smooth movement in the hands and reminds me of the Oban Black from a few years ago.

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

Aldila Rogue Black 110 for the smooth, Blueboard kind of vibe that is more workable, and the Motore Speeder HB Tour Spec for the more stable, straight bullet rocket launcher.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 4i-7i 23*- 34* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 38*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

> @DelPoncho said:

> Just got a new 818 h2 but not in love with the shaft. Looking to get maybe a replacement. Game the HZRDUS smoke black in driver and 3 wood. Wondering what you guys like to use/ would recommend trying.

If you like HZRDUS Smoke Black as wood shafts, its a no brainer, get the Smoke Black hybrid.

I play the older PX Tour Issue Blue 5.5 as wood, and Tour Issue Blue 5.5 Hybrids, it cant be better matched than that.

HZRDUS smoke black is only a newer version of those.

DO NOT SEND PMs WITH CLUB TECH QUESTIONS - USE THE PUBLIC FORUM.

I'm with Howard. All the shaft models that work well for me in the driver and fairways, I find the same model hybrids also work well. That just leaves dialing in the weight. For me, that includes the vs-proto, RIP Phenom, Rogue Black, VTS silver, Diamana S+ and other blueboards.

If anything, I'm a little less picky about the stiffness profile in the hybrids than the longer clubs.

UST VTS Silver is my favorite bang for your buck hybrid shaft. The Silver and Black versions had tons of play on Tour a few years back. Aldila Tour Blue is another great shaft for $35.

The original Matrix Altus is still a great option. Can be found on eBay for cheap at times.

One thing I really like about the Graphite Design and KBS Proto hybrid shafts are the various weight options.

Titleist TSi3 10° - Diamana R Series 60

Cobra Rad 14.5° - Diamana BlueForce 70

Cobra F9 18.5° - Diamana BlueForce 80
Taylormade P790 (4-9) - Nippon Modus 105
Vokey 46F 50F 54S 58T - Nippon Modus 115
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2 

> @"Howard Jones" said:

> > @DelPoncho said:

> > Just got a new 818 h2 but not in love with the shaft. Looking to get maybe a replacement. Game the HZRDUS smoke black in driver and 3 wood. Wondering what you guys like to use/ would recommend trying.

>

> If you like HZRDUS Smoke Black as wood shafts, its a no brainer, get the Smoke Black hybrid.

> I play the older PX Tour Issue Blue 5.5 as wood, and Tour Issue Blue 5.5 Hybrids, it cant be better matched than that.

> HZRDUS smoke black is only a newer version of those.

> @Stuart_G said:

> I'm with Howard. All the shaft models that work well for me in the driver and fairways, I find the same model hybrids also work well. That just leaves dialing in the weight. For me, that includes the vs-proto, RIP Phenom, Rogue Black, VTS silver, Diamana S+ and other blueboards.

>

> If anything, I'm a little less picky about the stiffness profile in the hybrids than the longer clubs.

>

Would either of you two know - Is the Accra TZ6 similar to those you mentioned? I'm with you guys, I tend to always end of gravitating toward that Blueboard softer middle profile. Smoke in the driver, Diamana B in the 3 wood. Trying to dial in my hybrid/5w and not sure if the TZ6 is the answer. I've tried the Aldila Tour Blue 85x and felt it was a little too soft or maybe too light... hard to tell, but my timing just felt a bit off with it. Timing feels solid with the Smoke and also the Diamana B in the woods. Now that a hybrid Smoke is out... that may be where I go.

Steel Nippon Modus 130 .370 tip size for me. I have never been so consistent with hybrids since going this way. Its in both my 16 and 19 CLK brids.

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

I game HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 in Driver and 80 in Fairways.

.... I'm fond of the Fujikura Tour Spec Speeder 904HB in the Hybrids. But, good luck finding them at this point.

I've been tempted to give the HZRDUS Black 105 and Red 105 Hybrid Shafts a shot, but if it ain't broke, why fix it?

Oban Kiyoshi White is very stable for me.

Driver: still looking.....
4 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 17.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW70x @ 42 1/2".

7 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 22.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW80x @ 41 3/4".
Irons: Kamui Pro KP-102 5i-PW + KBS TGI 110 + 1/2".
Wedges: Callaway Jaws Forged 50°/55°/60° + KBS C-Taper
Putter: SeeMore SB1 + Accra FX300.

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> > @"Howard Jones" said:

> > > @DelPoncho said:

> > > Just got a new 818 h2 but not in love with the shaft. Looking to get maybe a replacement. Game the HZRDUS smoke black in driver and 3 wood. Wondering what you guys like to use/ would recommend trying.

> >

> > If you like HZRDUS Smoke Black as wood shafts, its a no brainer, get the Smoke Black hybrid.

> > I play the older PX Tour Issue Blue 5.5 as wood, and Tour Issue Blue 5.5 Hybrids, it cant be better matched than that.

> > HZRDUS smoke black is only a newer version of those.

>

> > @Stuart_G said:

> > I'm with Howard. All the shaft models that work well for me in the driver and fairways, I find the same model hybrids also work well. That just leaves dialing in the weight. For me, that includes the vs-proto, RIP Phenom, Rogue Black, VTS silver, Diamana S+ and other blueboards.

> >

> > If anything, I'm a little less picky about the stiffness profile in the hybrids than the longer clubs.

> >

>

> Would either of you two know - Is the Accra TZ6 similar to those you mentioned? I'm with you guys, I tend to always end of gravitating toward that Blueboard softer middle profile. Smoke in the driver, Diamana B in the 3 wood. Trying to dial in my hybrid/5w and not sure if the TZ6 is the answer. I've tried the Aldila Tour Blue 85x and felt it was a little too soft or maybe too light... hard to tell, but my timing just felt a bit off with it. Timing feels solid with the Smoke and also the Diamana B in the woods. Now that a hybrid Smoke is out... that may be where I go.

I only have a few Accra models in my DB, and i cant find that model at Russ Ryden either, so i cant tell what its equal to, but BLUE BOARD seems to be kind of a "DynaLITE" steel wood copy, with a slightly softer mid section. (2.3%)

If BB is a profile that fits you, Black smoke is NOT the shaft for you, then Even Flow Blue is more in that direction. but still not the same. Aldila Tour Blue is like you describe, with a softer mid-section vs BB, and even softer than Tensei Blue.

The ACCRA model i can find at Russ Ryden "who sounds like it" is Accra Tour Z ST 55, 65,75,85 both M3, M4 and M6, and if thats the shaft, its not far from Aldila Tour Blue as EI profile (very soft mid compared to butt and tip)

DO NOT SEND PMs WITH CLUB TECH QUESTIONS - USE THE PUBLIC FORUM.

> @MattGolfs said:

> > @tleader said:

> > Love my Graphite Design Tour AD HY.

> > Super smooth, nice high flight.

> I see a lot of people using this, definitley have to try it. It’s just so dang expensive!

>

It is pricey, but I have a hybrid now what will take something real special to knock it out of my bag. I haven’t even looked since I installed it.

Finding the right hybrid shaft is like finding a unicorn in the wild. That said, from my personal experience the best matchup for me is anything Accra or oddly enough standard recoil graphite shafts a flex weaker than I normally play. I play stiff or x through most of my set. However, my 4 hybrid has a basic recoil regular hybrid shaft.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

> @"Howard Jones" said:

> > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > @"Howard Jones" said:

> > > > @DelPoncho said:

> > > > Just got a new 818 h2 but not in love with the shaft. Looking to get maybe a replacement. Game the HZRDUS smoke black in driver and 3 wood. Wondering what you guys like to use/ would recommend trying.

> > >

> > > If you like HZRDUS Smoke Black as wood shafts, its a no brainer, get the Smoke Black hybrid.

> > > I play the older PX Tour Issue Blue 5.5 as wood, and Tour Issue Blue 5.5 Hybrids, it cant be better matched than that.

> > > HZRDUS smoke black is only a newer version of those.

> >

> > > @Stuart_G said:

> > > I'm with Howard. All the shaft models that work well for me in the driver and fairways, I find the same model hybrids also work well. That just leaves dialing in the weight. For me, that includes the vs-proto, RIP Phenom, Rogue Black, VTS silver, Diamana S+ and other blueboards.

> > >

> > > If anything, I'm a little less picky about the stiffness profile in the hybrids than the longer clubs.

> > >

> >

> > Would either of you two know - Is the Accra TZ6 similar to those you mentioned? I'm with you guys, I tend to always end of gravitating toward that Blueboard softer middle profile. Smoke in the driver, Diamana B in the 3 wood. Trying to dial in my hybrid/5w and not sure if the TZ6 is the answer. I've tried the Aldila Tour Blue 85x and felt it was a little too soft or maybe too light... hard to tell, but my timing just felt a bit off with it. Timing feels solid with the Smoke and also the Diamana B in the woods. Now that a hybrid Smoke is out... that may be where I go.

>

> I only have a few Accra models in my DB, and i cant find that model at Russ Ryden either, so i cant tell what its equal to, but BLUE BOARD seems to be kind of a "DynaLITE" steel wood copy, with a slightly softer mid section. (2.3%)

> If BB is a profile that fits you, Black smoke is NOT the shaft for you, then Even Flow Blue is more in that direction. but still not the same. Aldila Tour Blue is like you describe, with a softer mid-section vs BB, and even softer than Tensei Blue.

>

> The ACCRA model i can find at Russ Ryden "who sounds like it" is Accra Tour Z ST 55, 65,75,85 both M3, M4 and M6, and if thats the shaft, its not far from Aldila Tour Blue as EI profile (very soft mid compared to butt and tip)

Yeah I know the Smoke isn't like the BB but it has the "feel" of a softer mid section and I don't get the sense the handle is soft in my hands. Maybe it's because it's a little counter balanced. Could just be the Epic head I have works well with the Smoke due to it's weight, etc.

I was told the TZ6 is a bit of an odd ball and that TZ5 is very similar to the older Tour Z Xtreme 4xx model. I assume maaaaybe TZ6 is then similar to the Tour Z Xtreme 2XX but I'm not certain. I hit the Tour Z Xtreme in a fitting and really liked how it felt and performed but I couldn't handle the high price tag unfortunately. Also kind of tough to find used online.

I have used the EF Blue and did not like it. Actually I liked the EF Black better but I found the butt section a little soft for my taste. Felt the blue was maybe too light or it was too counter balanced? I've tried it on two separate occasions and it was both times thumbs down.

I'm still not even sure if I am going to use a 5w or a 3h going forward... I may go back and forth between both depending on the course. I've used Tensei Blue i the past and liked it quite a lot so maybe I need to bite the bullet and go back toward that shaft if further testing shows the TZ6 to not be the one. I've heard Rogue Black may be an alternative?

> @GolfChannel said:

> Finding the right hybrid shaft is like finding a unicorn in the wild. That said, from my personal experience the best matchup for me is anything Accra or oddly enough standard recoil graphite shafts a flex weaker than I normally play. I play stiff or x through most of my set. However, my 4 hybrid has a basic recoil regular hybrid shaft.

Hybrid shafts are exactly like hunting unicorns

• Like 1