Fitter dented brand new Miura Baby Blades

ガッツ

Greetings fellow golfers

About a month ago I got my hands on some brand new baby blade heads (3-pw) and two weeks later I let a fitter build them for me to my specs.

I have just received them on saturday and was shocked when i saw that all 8 clubs had dents on them on the heel right between the hosel and the grooves. They are about 1cm long and all more or less at the same spot.

I assume they originate from lie adjustment using improper tools and handling them carelessly.

Can andbody tell me if I am right in my assumption and has anybody experienced something like this?

I am so disappointed especially because the fitter is 'certified by miura' and should therefore know better.

And look at the ferrule on the 3 Iron ?

Appreciate any comments

161e1kv1sgdi.jpeg

1ibjp8jsq1al.jpeg

k7av8c5f0or3.jpeg

That is some real shi$$y work right there. I'd be pretty pissed. That ferrule on the 3 iron is just lazy, guy needs to go back to selling gatorade and handing out scorecards.

• Like 1

• Ping G400 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 X (+16g head weight)
  • Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 18*, True Temper Bi Matrix RXi X 
  • Adams Idea A7 19* & 22* UST V2 Hybrid X +0.5'
  • Mizuno MP20 HMB 4i KBS C-Taper 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MMC 5-7 Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MB 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Cleveland RTX3 V-MG 50* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Nike Engage Raw 54* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 60* TT S400 +0.5'
  • EVNROLL 2.2 35' Super Stroke GTR 1.0

I’d be furious! But I am OCD about this kinda stuff. The dents happen when getting adjusted but that ferrule, no excuse for that. I would bring them back to where you had them built and give him a chance to make it right. If he says there is nothing he can do, I’d call miura and explain what happened. I’m not a professional club builder but I can still make a ferrule look better than factory!

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

I was Miura Golf Inc's head club fitter for 10 years and that is a true hatchet job!! Those heads are very soft and mark easily but there is no excuse for that kind of a botch up. We always wrapped each head in light cardboard and duct tape before bending them in any way. It is a bit labor intensive but you just DO NOT send Miura clubs to a customer like that. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done to correct the dents in the heads....you can see the marks on the faces (out by the toe) where his loft and lie machine clamped directly onto the metal without any protection.....Totally unacceptable!!

Those ferrules are not Miura ferrules.....guess he didn't have any genuine ones in stock. At the very least that builder should make good on replacing all the ferrules with genuine Miura ones or something that suits you and is "properly" fitted and finished.

Definitely let Miura know about this botch-up job and see what they will do about getting it corrected.

Sorry to see this kind of crappy work going out to a customer....I feel your pain. :'(

• Like 1

Yonex Tri-G 10* driver
Yonex Ezone GT 15*  3  wood
Yonex Ezone GT 18*  5 wood
Yonex Ezone GT irons 4-AW
Miura Tour Black 54* SW
Miura Tour Black 60* LW
Miura KM007 Putter

fk that!!!

thats a disgrace . utter disgrace. and by a proper fitter???

no womder. i get all mine done by the best and it cots me. plenty to make sure its.dome.right. id be ropeable.. good luck on selling them now. in this market there womt be any bid

thatt guy shud get u new heads man u prob jusy lost75% of thier worth on the resale mkt

owari !

Piss poor job. Likely wrong bending bar and also wrong guy wielding the bar.

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - PRGR CarrysQ 20*/24* COA U-294 Beretta
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

Thanks everyone for your support.

I have searched for fitters directly on the miura website and he was not to far away from where I live (btw I live in Germany). Funny thing is that now, after the fitting, he was removed from Miuras website. On his website he also claims to work with tour pros and I trusted his overall presentation. I got fit by the owner himself but overall it was an underwhelming experience. I went there with my cb57 shafted with s300 and the blade heads and told him in advance that I would like to try different shafts, get the lie adjusted and also try some wedges. In the end he only let me hit my cb57, adjusted the lie and said that I don’t need other shafts if I like the s300 (which I do). On that day he didn’t have any miura wedges so I couldn’t test them. If I knew two weeks in advance that a customer also wants to try wedges I would make sure I have some ready for him to test wouldn’t I? Great salesman. So in the end I only swung my existing set of cb’s and he adjusted the lie more upright and I looked over his shoulders during the adjustment. No dents were made on the cb’s.

Originally I wanted black ferrules with a small silver ring which he showed me and said he would build the blades with them.

I got the bill one day before the clubs arrived and he is not shy when it comes to money. However no words on him making dents.

The next day I got the clubs and saw all the dents. He also didn’t use the ferrules we agreed on.

On Monday I asked him about how the dents can happen and why he used other ferrules.

He said that the circumference of the ferrules I wanted didn’t fit so he used others. Shouldn’t the customer first be informed before any changes are made? And why the hell does the then proceed to build a 3 iron like that?^^

Regarding the dents: he said that they can not originate from the lie adjustment since he ‘doesn’t apply the tool there but on the hosel’.

So first he handles my irons carelessly and dents them, then doesn’t have the balls to tell me and even after confronting him he denied everything.

I guess the bubble wrap the heads were rapped in made the dents on my clubs.

I am aware that clubs get scratches and dents after some time and really don’t mind. But I don’t want my new and unused clubs to come with them.

If anyone is interested in more photos and size comparison with the cb57 I am happy to deliver.

Thank you all once again

The bending tool is indeedapplied to the hosel area - and a good fitter will have brass shim stock to put between hosel and bar to pretty much avoid any issues (unless the head is badly chromed or very, very large lie adjustment casing actual chrome plate wrinkling/flaking)... but those marks on yours are to me from where the head is clamped. Now, I'm no fitter, but having seen the lie adjustment tools there's a clamping face that tighten onto the front face of the club and top edge, but those shouldn't mark the face unless they themselves are damaged or no protection ito face is applied first. Certainly shocking work - to make one club would be embarassing, but then to go ahead and repeat the error shows complete lack of attention and skill.

And that incompetence is only confirmed with the ferrules.

Hope Miura can help you - even if that's an independent fitter, he was recommended by them - at least before...

here's one pic of a loft/lie tool

https://www.puetzgolf.com/media/wysiwyg/Image1/ServicesPages/Club-Repair/Lie-Angle-Machine.jpg

"You must lash out with every limb, like the octopus who plays the drums." p. 134

> @"ガッツ" said:

>On his website he also claims to work with tour pros and I trusted his overall presentation.

Personally, I tend to stay away from "tour van" club builders and others who think that working for "tour pros" is a badge of honor. Their spec standards may be exacting, but fit and finish matters a lot less for guys who are getting their equipment for free and can replace it on a whim.

> @"ガッツ" said:

> Thanks everyone for your support.

> I have searched for fitters directly on the miura website and he was not to far away from where I live (btw I live in Germany). Funny thing is that now, after the fitting, he was removed from Miuras website. On his website he also claims to work with tour pros and I trusted his overall presentation. I got fit by the owner himself but overall it was an underwhelming experience. I went there with my cb57 shafted with s300 and the blade heads and told him in advance that I would like to try different shafts, get the lie adjusted and also try some wedges. In the end he only let me hit my cb57, adjusted the lie and said that I don’t need other shafts if I like the s300 (which I do). On that day he didn’t have any miura wedges so I couldn’t test them. If I knew two weeks in advance that a customer also wants to try wedges I would make sure I have some ready for him to test wouldn’t I? Great salesman. So in the end I only swung my existing set of cb’s and he adjusted the lie more upright and I looked over his shoulders during the adjustment. No dents were made on the cb’s.

> Originally I wanted black ferrules with a small silver ring which he showed me and said he would build the blades with them.

>

> I got the bill one day before the clubs arrived and he is not shy when it comes to money. However no words on him making dents.

> The next day I got the clubs and saw all the dents. He also didn’t use the ferrules we agreed on.

> On Monday I asked him about how the dents can happen and why he used other ferrules.

> He said that the circumference of the ferrules I wanted didn’t fit so he used others. Shouldn’t the customer first be informed before any changes are made? And why the **** does the then proceed to build a 3 iron like that?^^

> Regarding the dents: he said that they can not originate from the lie adjustment since he ‘doesn’t apply the tool there but on the hosel’.

> So first he handles my irons carelessly and dents them, then doesn’t have the balls to tell me and even after confronting him he denied everything.

> I guess the bubble wrap the heads were rapped in made the dents on my clubs.

>

> I am aware that clubs get scratches and dents after some time and really don’t mind. But I don’t want my new and unused clubs to come with them.

>

> If anyone is interested in more photos and size comparison with the cb57 I am happy to deliver.

>

> Thank you all once again

>

>

>

>

>

I'd like to see some size comparisons between the BB's and the 57's!

G430 LST 9.0 Ventus TR Blue 6s

G430 LST 3 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 7s

Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 8s 

Stealth 2 Plus 2 hybrid (+ 2 degrees) Tour ADDI 85S

Stealth Plus 2 4 hybrid Ventus Blue 8s

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

Most bending bars will leave marks on hosel and sole, to avoid this I use aluminum duct tape, a few wraps around the hosel and a couple pieces to protect the top line and a few strips on the sole near the toe where it is heavily pushed upon and the rear of the iron where it comes in contact with the clamp ......its a pain to do......also those ferrules don't even look turned down and I see a bit of excess glue.....definitely backyard amateur hour there. its not easy to do great work but it is easy to do decent work, this however is considered below average to poor

• Like 1

I had an absolutely TERRIBLE HACK JOB build from the 2nd Swing brick and mortar store in Wilmington, DE.

Ferrules were very sloppy, not turned down, and creeped leaving gaps. Epoxy was left on the hosel and shafts.

Just very sloppy.

I learned my lesson. If you want a job done right you have to do it yourself. I paid for convenience, and now I am going to have to pull all the heads and redo it all anyway.

Callaway (OG) Rogue SZ

TS2 Fairways

JPX 919 Tour (4-PW)

RTX4's 50, 56

BETTI QB6

sorry for the hatchet job

I'd ask for all my money back and get a new set from someone that knows what they are doing

Work the refund thru your credit card company who will pull his funds

• Like 1

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

As a Builder let me tell you

So much about this build is VERY wrong. Plus those ferrules look terrible. Ive bent a lot of clubs including Miuras and even using different tools I have never left marks like that on a club.

My thought process is - if this is how someone is willing to present to a finished product where they screwed up visible parts... what kind of work did they do to the parts that you cant see!!

This is how finished ferrules should look, yes this is my work, and yes it is showing off

2a8io35p17l9.jpeg

c8viudalzjua.jpg

cmc9yiv1nmua.jpg

4px8za24sh6c.jpeg

dfukgkd3mtjn.jpg

napse0un1qxz.jpg

• Like 3

Heck, I just did my own shaft install for the first time the last couple of days and even mine looks better than that!! Now, my heads may go flying off when I hit the first ball (will give it a go tomorrow), but from an appearance sake my work definitely looks better :smiley:

PXG Gen2 0811XF LIN-Q Purple stiff

Mizuno STX 5W Fujikura Motore F3 70 stiff

Ping G425 4H Tensei CK Pro Orange 80 reg

PXG Gen 3 P 5-AW Accra i80 stiff

PXG  Forged 55* Accra i80 stiff

Cleveland CBX 2 Full Face 60* * 64*

PXG One & Done P2 Reflex Tour grip

Golf Pride Microsuede

For clarification, I'm comparing my build to that of the OP's builder--certainly not saying mine looks as good as Ryans!

PXG Gen2 0811XF LIN-Q Purple stiff

Mizuno STX 5W Fujikura Motore F3 70 stiff

Ping G425 4H Tensei CK Pro Orange 80 reg

PXG Gen 3 P 5-AW Accra i80 stiff

PXG  Forged 55* Accra i80 stiff

Cleveland CBX 2 Full Face 60* * 64*

PXG One & Done P2 Reflex Tour grip

Golf Pride Microsuede

The 5-Pw Cb57 are from a different shop and they are very nicely done. I also really like the ferrules on them.

The fitter who build the baby’s also did the 4 iron on the cb and the ferrule is already loose. Multiple ferrules on the baby’s have visible gaps between ferrule and hosel. At this point I would not be surprised if some day a head of one of the baby’s will fly right off. But enough complaining.

Here are some pictures. Hope you enjoy them.

fq7cq6w896b4.jpeg

4m3esk21ig1l.jpeg

e597dsqyg3dk.jpeg

aes7y9b85qqy.jpeg

a35twckh6a07.jpeg

• Like 1

Get over it. Bending an iron often leaves marks. Especially on chrome irons because you can't fix chrome. A month of playing them and you'll forget about it because there will be other marks.

Ping G 10*- 44.5" Adjusted to 11*
Ping i3OS 4 thru UW
Cobra SS 5 wood

Cobra Speed LD 15* 3 Wood
Titleist Vokey 56* -SW
Ping Redwood- 34"
Callaway Supersoft

> @starrman77 said:

> Get over it. Bending an iron often leaves marks. Especially on chrome irons because you can't fix chrome. A month of playing them and you'll forget about it because there will be other marks.

With a run of the mill fitter on cheapo cast irons, I’d agree. And with marks that you’ve put on them by gaming them, I agree. But when the guy finds a Miura certified fitter and brings a brand new set of baby blades, this is totally unacceptable. $hit job. Also, those aren’t chromed.

For me, this is the equivalent of buying a new Mercedes, taking it into the dealer for its first service, and getting the car back with a flat tire, keyed, engine light on, no gas in the tank, and cigarette ash all over the interior. But hey, if you’re happy to pay people for pis$ poor work, I don’t think anyone here will convince you otherwise.

• Like 1

> With a run of the mill fitter on cheapo cast irons, I’d agree. And with marks that you’ve put on them by gaming them, I agree. But when the guy finds a Miura certified fitter and brings a brand new set of baby blades, this is totally unacceptable. $hit job. **Also, those aren’t chromed.**

>

They aren’t ??