2020 Chrome Soft News?

 Morry ·  
MorryMorry  897WRX Points: 64Handicap: 8.0Members Posts: 897
Joined:  in Golf Balls #1

anyone have insight
there must be testing going on out there ?

Posted:
Ping G410 12.0 -  EvenFlow Blue 65 6.5 / Ventus Red 6R 
TM M6 5W - Fuji Evo III 757 S
Srixon U65 18* - EvenFlow Blue 85 6.0
Taylormade 760 4-P - Modus 105-X
Cleveland RTX-4 52, 56, 60 - Modus wedge 115,115,125
Odyssey V-Line Fang O-Works - Stability Tour Shaft 
CS-X  
«1
2

Comments

  • tbone18tbone18 COLUMBUS, OHIO 574WRX Points: 105Members Posts: 574
    Joined:  #2

    Don't know about testing, but Chrome Soft and Soft X is due for replacement. All New Chrome soft balls will have Triple Track.

    Posted:
    TAYLORMADE M3 8.5* / ACCRA TZ5 65 M5
    TAYLORMADE M3 15* / SMALL BATCH HZRDUS GREEN 70 6.5TX
    MIURA CB1008 3, 1957CB 4,5,6 / MB101 7,8,9,PW W/ MODUS 130X
    TAYLORMADE MG2 CHROME 48/52/58 W/MODUS 130S
    ODYSSEY STROKE LAB 10
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky  2393WRX Points: 799Members Posts: 2,393
    Joined:  #3

    My guess is the current triple track ball (has higher compression than the current cs/csx becomes the new cs/csx and they keep the same compression in triple track

    Posted:
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU  9035WRX Points: 2,554Handicap: 8Members Posts: 9,035
    Joined:  #5

    On -, @GoGoErky said:

    My guess is the current triple track ball (has higher compression than the current cs/csx becomes the new cs/csx and they keep the same compression in triple track

    That is correct. The current triple track will become the standard CSX ball.

    Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 9*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Mizuno MP-18 MB Aldila RIP SLT Tour 115X Flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 52, 58, 64
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • MorryMorry  897WRX Points: 64Handicap: 8.0Members Posts: 897
    Joined:  #6

    SO that's it? no fancy new tech, cover, dimples? nothing
    just roll a under-the-cover refresh out from 2019 as the new 2020 CS Launch???
    find it hard to believe

    Posted:
    Ping G410 12.0 -  EvenFlow Blue 65 6.5 / Ventus Red 6R 
    TM M6 5W - Fuji Evo III 757 S
    Srixon U65 18* - EvenFlow Blue 85 6.0
    Taylormade 760 4-P - Modus 105-X
    Cleveland RTX-4 52, 56, 60 - Modus wedge 115,115,125
    Odyssey V-Line Fang O-Works - Stability Tour Shaft 
    CS-X  
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. Canada 3116WRX Points: 517Handicap: 8.3Members Posts: 3,116
    Joined:  #7

    On -, @Morry said:

    SO that's it? no fancy new tech, cover, dimples? nothing
    just roll a under-the-cover refresh out from 2019 as the new 2020 CS Launch???
    find it hard to believe

    I tend to agree. After the bashing Callaway took in the golf ball test, I would expect something new tech-wise or a new material inclusion on top of better QC measures to regain credibility with golfers like us on WRX. I tried the CSx TT and I quite liked it. Compared to Pro V1, it was no slouch in any area. I’m just not sold on how TT looks on the ball. It helps on putts however the regular label works well enough too.

    Posted:

    Callaway Mavrik SZ 10.5° driver Diamana ZF 50 S Flex

    Callaway Mavrik 10.5° driver Diamana DF 50 S Flex

    Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Diamana BF 60 S Flex

    Callaway Mavrik 20° hybrid MMT 90 S Flex

    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex

    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-12 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge

    Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S

    Titleist Yellow Pro V1

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky  2393WRX Points: 799Members Posts: 2,393
    Joined:  #8

    On -, @Morry said:

    SO that's it? no fancy new tech, cover, dimples? nothing
    just roll a under-the-cover refresh out from 2019 as the new 2020 CS Launch???
    find it hard to believe

    They are using the triple track ball as the new cs/csx. Triple track is higher compression compared to the current cs/csx. Reports are the triple track ball is what the tour staff is currently using except without the triple track lines for some of them.

    With the money they are dumping into the ball factory it’s probably not wise to try and design a new ball and much easier to just make all balls the same compression by using the TT design

    Posted:
  • bluedotbluedot  3624WRX Points: 340Handicap: 7.5Members Posts: 3,624
    Joined:  #9

    On -, @erock9174 said:

    Yup. Called the CS Off Core

    This.

    I was the most loyal customer Callaway ever had, at least in terms of golf balls. I had used the CS since it came out, and before that was using the Hex Chrome and others all the way back to the Rule 25 Blue. But I'll never buy another Callaway product after finding out that I was paying premium prices for a ball that was short, crooked, and didn't spin much. I'm pissed at ME first and foremost, but Callaway won't get anymore of my money no matter what they come out with next.

    Posted:
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. Canada 3116WRX Points: 517Handicap: 8.3Members Posts: 3,116
    Joined:  #10

    On -, @bluedot said:

    On -, @erock9174 said:

    Yup. Called the CS Off Core

    This.

    I was the most loyal customer Callaway ever had, at least in terms of golf balls. I had used the CS since it came out, and before that was using the Hex Chrome and others all the way back to the Rule 25 Blue. But I'll never buy another Callaway product after finding out that I was paying premium prices for a ball that was short, crooked, and didn't spin much. I'm pissed at ME first and foremost, but Callaway won't get anymore of my money no matter what they come out with next.

    The ball was Rule 35 not 25. If you believe Callaway is the only ball company that has QC issues than get into consumers’ hands, you are kidding yourself. It happens. The ball test that was alluded with the “offcore” comment did no favours for Callaway however Callaway committed to fixing their QC issues. Maybe you should take a look at the Today’s Golfer UK ball test. I think it is a more thorough test or fair test. Watch the YouTube video and read the write up on their site. Or look at TXG’s take on the CSx vs MTB Black. It may not change your stance however I think it’s fair to say Callaway makes a competitive ball. And I’m not sure it’s fair to put the blame on the ball for being “short, crooked, and didn’t spin much”.

    https://www.todaysgolfer.co.uk/features/equipment-features/2019/september/robot-tested-which-golf-bal-suits-my-game/

    Posted:

    Callaway Mavrik SZ 10.5° driver Diamana ZF 50 S Flex

    Callaway Mavrik 10.5° driver Diamana DF 50 S Flex

    Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Diamana BF 60 S Flex

    Callaway Mavrik 20° hybrid MMT 90 S Flex

    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex

    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-12 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge

    Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S

    Titleist Yellow Pro V1

  • bluedotbluedot  3624WRX Points: 340Handicap: 7.5Members Posts: 3,624
    Joined:  #11

    On -, @noodle3872 said:

    On -, @bluedot said:

    On -, @erock9174 said:

    Yup. Called the CS Off Core

    This.

    I was the most loyal customer Callaway ever had, at least in terms of golf balls. I had used the CS since it came out, and before that was using the Hex Chrome and others all the way back to the Rule 25 Blue. But I'll never buy another Callaway product after finding out that I was paying premium prices for a ball that was short, crooked, and didn't spin much. I'm pissed at ME first and foremost, but Callaway won't get anymore of my money no matter what they come out with next.

    The ball was Rule 35 not 25. If you believe Callaway is the only ball company that has QC issues than get into consumers’ hands, you are kidding yourself. It happens. The ball test that was alluded with the “offcore” comment did no favours for Callaway however Callaway committed to fixing their QC issues. Maybe you should take a look at the Today’s Golfer UK ball test. I think it is a more thorough test or fair test. Watch the YouTube video and read the write up on their site. Or look at TXG’s take on the CSx vs MTB Black. It may not change your stance however I think it’s fair to say Callaway makes a competitive ball. And I’m not sure it’s fair to put the blame on the ball for being “short, crooked, and didn’t spin much”.

    https://www.todaysgolfer.co.uk/features/equipment-features/2019/september/robot-tested-which-golf-bal-suits-my-game/

    With all due respect, the Today's Golfer testing is EXACTLY what really put me over the top on getting rid of the Chrome Soft. Of ALL of the balls tested, the CS was the third shortest, had the third worst dispersion off the tee, and the 5th lowest spin off a wedge. And you can generalize and say that in every case, the balls ranked below the CS in each category were less expensive as well.

    So I think "short, crooked, and didn't spin much" is a fair criticism of that ball, especially in view of the premium price that Callaway charges for the CS.

    I blame only myself for being so loyal to Callaway for so long. But no more. I'm glad that they are spending $50 million to address the off-center core issues, but I wouldn't have minded if some of that money had been set aside to refund money to loyal customers who had purchased the CS in good faith. Costco did it; Callaway didn't.

    Posted:
  • MorryMorry  897WRX Points: 64Handicap: 8.0Members Posts: 897
    Joined:  #12

    Like I way saying.....I think Callaway needs a splashier launch rather than a thud with the TT roll-over as the new ball

    If they hope of turning some views or converting others from competitors

    just my view

    Posted:
    Ping G410 12.0 -  EvenFlow Blue 65 6.5 / Ventus Red 6R 
    TM M6 5W - Fuji Evo III 757 S
    Srixon U65 18* - EvenFlow Blue 85 6.0
    Taylormade 760 4-P - Modus 105-X
    Cleveland RTX-4 52, 56, 60 - Modus wedge 115,115,125
    Odyssey V-Line Fang O-Works - Stability Tour Shaft 
    CS-X  
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • storm319storm319 US 4019WRX Points: 292Members Posts: 4,019
    Joined:  #13

    On -, @bluedot said:

    On -, @noodle3872 said:

    On -, @bluedot said:

    On -, @erock9174 said:

    Yup. Called the CS Off Core

    This.

    I was the most loyal customer Callaway ever had, at least in terms of golf balls. I had used the CS since it came out, and before that was using the Hex Chrome and others all the way back to the Rule 25 Blue. But I'll never buy another Callaway product after finding out that I was paying premium prices for a ball that was short, crooked, and didn't spin much. I'm pissed at ME first and foremost, but Callaway won't get anymore of my money no matter what they come out with next.

    The ball was Rule 35 not 25. If you believe Callaway is the only ball company that has QC issues than get into consumers’ hands, you are kidding yourself. It happens. The ball test that was alluded with the “offcore” comment did no favours for Callaway however Callaway committed to fixing their QC issues. Maybe you should take a look at the Today’s Golfer UK ball test. I think it is a more thorough test or fair test. Watch the YouTube video and read the write up on their site. Or look at TXG’s take on the CSx vs MTB Black. It may not change your stance however I think it’s fair to say Callaway makes a competitive ball. And I’m not sure it’s fair to put the blame on the ball for being “short, crooked, and didn’t spin much”.

    https://www.todaysgolfer.co.uk/features/equipment-features/2019/september/robot-tested-which-golf-bal-suits-my-game/

    With all due respect, the Today's Golfer testing is EXACTLY what really put me over the top on getting rid of the Chrome Soft. Of ALL of the balls tested, the CS was the third shortest, had the third worst dispersion off the tee, and the 5th lowest spin off a wedge. And you can generalize and say that in every case, the balls ranked below the CS in each category were less expensive as well.

    So I think "short, crooked, and didn't spin much" is a fair criticism of that ball, especially in view of the premium price that Callaway charges for the CS.

    I blame only myself for being so loyal to Callaway for so long. But no more. I'm glad that they are spending $50 million to address the off-center core issues, but I wouldn't have minded if some of that money had been set aside to refund money to loyal customers who had purchased the CS in good faith. Costco did it; Callaway didn't.

    FYI, MyGolf$py reported that Callaway claimed that they were investing $50 mil on ball manufacturing, but there was no detail on timeframe or the focus. Highly doubtful that the full amount will be allocated for QA improvements.

    If people are worried about potentially off centered cores, the easiest thing to do is stay away from dual core designs from all OEMs since these have a much higher chance of an off centered layer impacting the weight distribution of the ball.

    Posted:
  • MahamiltoMahamilto NYC 2032WRX Points: 223Handicap: ~8Members Posts: 2,032
    Joined:  #14

    Titleist has X-rayed their balls to ensure centered cores since like the 1930s or something... and still do.

    Part of their price is likely the balls that get tossed for being off centered... but you won’t be buying anything off-centered from them!

    The virtually no dispersion on the today’s golfer wedge test speaks to this is my thought.

    You get what you pay for I guess.

    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 - 9.75* - HZRDUS Smoke Black
    Titleist 917F2 - 14.25* - Diamana S+ LTE
    Titleist U510 1 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 iron - KBS C-Taper
    Titleist 716 T-MB 5-6 iron - DG AMT
    Titleist 718 AP2 7-GW - DG Tour Issue
    Titleist WedgeWorks V-Grind 54* - DG Tour Issue
    Titleist Spin Milled 58.12 - DG Tour Issue
    Evnroll ER6-B
    Titleist Pro V1x, Bridgestone Tour BX
    Titleist Staff Stand Bag
  • storm319storm319 US 4019WRX Points: 292Members Posts: 4,019
    Joined:  #15

    On -, @Mahamilto said:

    Titleist has X-rayed their balls to ensure centered cores since like the 1930s or something... and still do.

    Part of their price is likely the balls that get tossed for being off centered... but you won’t be buying anything off-centered from them!

    The virtually no dispersion on the today’s golfer wedge test speaks to this is my thought.

    You get what you pay for I guess.

    Titleist only checks a small sample for each batch, sample fails = entire batch gets x-out stamp. There is no way they could keep up with the volume if they checked every ball off the line with an X-ray not to mention the added labor cost.

    Posted:
  • MahamiltoMahamilto NYC 2032WRX Points: 223Handicap: ~8Members Posts: 2,032
    Joined:  edited Nov 17, 2019 #16

    According to the titleist website, they have "performed x-ray on every ball beginning in 1935, and we still do it to this day to insure quality".

    As someone in the radiology field, the cost would be in having the x-ray machine. Having the x-ray performed and read (easily by a computer for something so simple as a concentric circular arrangement) would add almost nothing in time or cost as the balls come off the line. It would be 100% automated and take maybe 0.5s per ball

    But maybe you have some insider info. Either way, they are doing more to check for quality control issues than others... that much is certain.

    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 - 9.75* - HZRDUS Smoke Black
    Titleist 917F2 - 14.25* - Diamana S+ LTE
    Titleist U510 1 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 iron - KBS C-Taper
    Titleist 716 T-MB 5-6 iron - DG AMT
    Titleist 718 AP2 7-GW - DG Tour Issue
    Titleist WedgeWorks V-Grind 54* - DG Tour Issue
    Titleist Spin Milled 58.12 - DG Tour Issue
    Evnroll ER6-B
    Titleist Pro V1x, Bridgestone Tour BX
    Titleist Staff Stand Bag
  • bluedotbluedot  3624WRX Points: 340Handicap: 7.5Members Posts: 3,624
    Joined:  #17

    On -, @Mahamilto said:

    According to the titleist website, they have "performed x-ray on every ball beginning in 1935, and we still do it to this day to insure quality".

    As someone in the radiology field, the cost would be in having the x-ray machine. Having the x-ray performed and read (easily by a computer for something so simple as a concentric circular arrangement) would add almost nothing in time or cost as the balls come off the line. It would be 100% automated and take maybe 0.5s per ball

    But maybe you have some insider info. Either way, they are doing more to check for quality control issues than others... that much is certain.

    Yes, and the Titleist dispersion rankings vs. Callaway in the testing show that their quality control, whatever it is, works.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • MorryMorry  897WRX Points: 64Handicap: 8.0Members Posts: 897
    Joined:  #18

    Anyone else surprised there is a total lack of hype rolling into this ball refresh this year?

    If Taylormade or Titliest were refreshing, it would be relentless by now

    strange

    Posted:
    Ping G410 12.0 -  EvenFlow Blue 65 6.5 / Ventus Red 6R 
    TM M6 5W - Fuji Evo III 757 S
    Srixon U65 18* - EvenFlow Blue 85 6.0
    Taylormade 760 4-P - Modus 105-X
    Cleveland RTX-4 52, 56, 60 - Modus wedge 115,115,125
    Odyssey V-Line Fang O-Works - Stability Tour Shaft 
    CS-X  
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky  2393WRX Points: 799Members Posts: 2,393
    Joined:  #19

    Guessing with the recent turnover of their marketing and social media group plus the holidays they are working thru all of the details and story.

    Posted:
  • ajestrada3ajestrada3  6WRX Points: 4Members Posts: 6
    Joined:  #20

    They gonna make have a new truvis yellow/black for 2020?

    Posted:
  • bcflyguy1bcflyguy1 Enjoying my coffee...  3067WRX Points: 155Handicap: 0.0Members Posts: 3,067
    Joined:  #21

    So we're to understand that the Triple Track CSX that came to retail is a different ball than the other retail versions? If so, what is different? Source this is attributed to?

    Posted:
    Never forget that the luxury of being
    wrong is not enough to make you right.
    WITB Link
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky  2393WRX Points: 799Members Posts: 2,393
    Joined:  #22

    it came via **** reporting during their ball study.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • jjfcpajjfcpa Driver - Tour Edge EXS 10.5 Omaha, NE 707WRX Points: 232Handicap: 12Members Posts: 707
    Joined:  #23

    As a relative newcomer to the golfing world (4 years + a few months), it didn't take me long to determine that the Chrome Soft just did not perform. It was one of the first balls that I purchased, you know, "the ball that changed the ball". Yea right, they changed it into the ball that fooled their customers. I'm a loyal Callaway fan, but when it came to their golf balls, they just don't impress me. I've tried most of the higher end ones and not one performed any better than some of the other higher end balls that I compared them to. And it wasn't just distance... dispersion and spin were big factors for me.

    Currently, I'm playing the Srixon Z Star and it's working in every facet of the game for me. My 2nd choice would definitely be Snell, which I played for a couple years.

    Posted:
  • MorryMorry  897WRX Points: 64Handicap: 8.0Members Posts: 897
    Joined:  #24

    That's wonderful news ....head to the Dunlop thread and let them know how wonderful it is

    Really looking for some information on the new Ball for 2020 - any information ?

    much appreciated

    Posted:
    Ping G410 12.0 -  EvenFlow Blue 65 6.5 / Ventus Red 6R 
    TM M6 5W - Fuji Evo III 757 S
    Srixon U65 18* - EvenFlow Blue 85 6.0
    Taylormade 760 4-P - Modus 105-X
    Cleveland RTX-4 52, 56, 60 - Modus wedge 115,115,125
    Odyssey V-Line Fang O-Works - Stability Tour Shaft 
    CS-X  
  • DMartiniDMartini at home on the range 97WRX Points: 53Members Posts: 97
    Joined:  #25

    Ive used the new CS, its a great ball, looks like the ERC Soft as far as graphics layout goes, but more importantly it performs like a Pro V or TP5... which is about time, i will definitely buy a few boxes when released., great ball from Cally.

    i think Cally ball users are going to be impressed with this, now have to figure out what to do with all the old "FULL" CS boxes i have as it blows these out the water...

    Posted:


  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. Canada 3116WRX Points: 517Handicap: 8.3Members Posts: 3,116
    Joined:  #26

    I just hope the ball is available without Triple Track.

    Posted:

    Callaway Mavrik SZ 10.5° driver Diamana ZF 50 S Flex

    Callaway Mavrik 10.5° driver Diamana DF 50 S Flex

    Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Diamana BF 60 S Flex

    Callaway Mavrik 20° hybrid MMT 90 S Flex

    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex

    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-12 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge

    Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S

    Titleist Yellow Pro V1

  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. Canada 3116WRX Points: 517Handicap: 8.3Members Posts: 3,116
    Joined:  #27

    I don’t remember a black box for Chrome Soft so I wonder if this is the new CSx ball packaging.


    Posted:

    Callaway Mavrik SZ 10.5° driver Diamana ZF 50 S Flex

    Callaway Mavrik 10.5° driver Diamana DF 50 S Flex

    Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Diamana BF 60 S Flex

    Callaway Mavrik 20° hybrid MMT 90 S Flex

    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex

    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-12 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge

    Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S

    Titleist Yellow Pro V1

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky  2393WRX Points: 799Members Posts: 2,393
    Joined:  #28

    I would bet they do that and my really say anything about the compression being higher than the current non triple track due to the ball study.

    Posted:
  • bcflyguy1bcflyguy1 Enjoying my coffee...  3067WRX Points: 155Handicap: 0.0Members Posts: 3,067
    Joined:  #29

    Sorry to be so clueless, but which podcast episode do they talk about this in? Cheers!

    Posted:
    Never forget that the luxury of being
    wrong is not enough to make you right.
    WITB Link
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky  2393WRX Points: 799Members Posts: 2,393
    Joined:  #30

    I don’t know if it’s in a podcast but it was in the comments from the ball study and possibly in another article.

    https://****.com/most-wanted-golf-ball/ There was an error displaying this embed.

    Here is the part of the reply from Tony C.

    Everything else other Tony said is true. The overwhelming majority of Callaway PGA tour pros have never played the retail ball. Callaway has had AT LEAST 2 players that I know of break contract to play a competitor’s ball. Two members of Callaway’s ball team confirmed that fact for me during the Epic Flash launch event. It’s also true that the new CSX Triple Track is a different golf ball. It’s not the same as the CSX white, CSX Truvis, etc.. While Callaway hasn’t hidden that fact it changed the CSX, it hasn’t exactly shouted it from the rooftops. The CSX TT wasn’t available at the time we tested, but sources have told us that it’s ~7% higher compression. I don’t know it for a fact, but I’m also told it’s the ball that the majority of Callaway’s Tour Players use.

    Posted:
2

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.