***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Weirdest back to back shots you've witnessed

2»

Comments

• MjsrpMjsrp Members  2WRX Points: 22Posts: 2 Starters

I was hitting balls at the range one time and didn’t know the guy in front of me. He hit his ball then I hit right after him. The balls hit eachother mid-flight about 170 yards out.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • ebkebk Old and Broken Down Members  1221WRX Points: 97Posts: 1,221 Platinum Tees

Back to back to back...

Several years ago, as a single got paired with a young 20-something fellow. Nice guy. Always swung 110%, so had some wild results, but not a bad golfer.

Very short par 5, but weird design with water hazard, a creek and OB. He rips the tee shot way right into OB, but it hits something and comes back into play in right rough. He’s about 200 out for second shot, with water left of green. Hits giant slice that starts way left and curves back, heading OB, but it comes down and lands in a bunker (The only placer it wouldn’t have bounced OB), pin high. He absolutely thins the bunker shot, going shin high and very fast. Gonna go all the way into the lake. Except it hits the stick (so hard I think there was a dent) and drops in the hole.

All I could say was, “Nice eagle.”

Posted:
  • RichieHuntRichieHunt Members  4094WRX Points: 796Posts: 4,094 Titanium Tees

Sorta back-to-back-to-back.

Playing in a tournament with a friend of mine. He gets up on the 11th hole at Eagle Watch in Georgia.

So, here's the hole, about 550 yard par-5 with a very sharp dogleg. There is OB in the trees left. Then there are trees up by the bunkers near the green that are very tall trees.

My friend hits snap hooks his tee shot OB.

Then he hits a great drive over the trees, down the middle on his re-tee shot.

Then he hits a high beautiful draw with a 3-wood from 255 yards, over the tall trees and it goes in the hole for a birdie.

He went from looking like a hacker on 1 shot, then hitting 2 shots that made him look like a top-10 in the OWGR.

RH

Posted:
  • Drainey15Drainey15 Members  48WRX Points: 22Handicap: 6.3Posts: 48 Bunkers

Played a round with a guy from work and a couple of his friends. All of them were hackers like really bad. On the first hole idk what shot he was on at that point but one guy was about 140 out over water and chunked it in the water. Dropped a ball and hit it in the water again. Dropped a ball hit it in the water for a third time. Dropped a ball and hit it straight in the cup never touched the green. It was pretty awesome/funny but that was a long day.

Posted:
  • RSinSGRSinSG St George, UT (Formerly Palm Springs, CA)ClubWRX  3518WRX Points: 542Handicap: 7.3Posts: 3,518 ClubWRX

I've seen two unusual back-to-back shots. First was my long time golf buddy who hooked his tee shot OB on a par 3. Reloads and drains the next tee shot for a sweet 3.

And, while edging the bunkers on a par 3 one the course where I work, my buddy and I stand back for a foursome of two married couples. The second male hits a great shot that goes in the hole and we're cheering him on along with the other 3 in his group. They then move to the red tees and his wife tees off next and drops a ball on top of his. Back to back HIO's by a married couple. It made the paper and local news as the odds were so astronomical.

Posted:
    Ping G410 Tour AD DI S
    Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
    Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
    Ping G400 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
    Ping Glide 60* LW
    Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or)
     Scotty CameronFastback
    Gamegolf
    https://www.ledges.com/ Home course
  • EstorilMEstorilM Members  9WRX Points: 6Handicap: +1Posts: 9 Bunkers

I just played in the WA State Am Qualifier. On 18, I'm 3 under and almost miss it with the driver on the bottom/heel. It carried about 75 yards and ran to about 110. Had 240 in and hit hybrid right over the pin to about 30 feet. Just missed for birdie

Posted:

Advertisement
  • BYKBYK Cardinals NationMembers  2317WRX Points: 398Posts: 2,317 Platinum Tees

Playing with my Dad

Uphill par 3

180 yds

Tops his first shot, goes about 6 inches

Re tees the ball.

Flies the next shot right in the hole. LOL damaged the hole too.

Pretty good stuff there.

Posted:
    Yadi for President
  • LeoLeo99LeoLeo99 Members  5173WRX Points: 920Posts: 5,173 Titanium Tees

Myself. A couple year layoff. Hadn't hit a ball in a few years. Went to a new course on vacation. First hole is the rare par 3. 170 yds First shot topped and still in the tee box. Mulligan. Second shot topped and went 5 yds. Mulligan. Third shot went 150 yds right and into the tennis courts OB. Mulligan. Fourth shot was majestic and almost holed it. 2 feet from the hole. Played the next 5 holes 2 under before coming back to earth.

Posted:
  • bonvivantvabonvivantva Members  279WRX Points: 76Handicap: 21.9Posts: 279 Greens

I've always thought that it's pretty crazy how very inconsistent higher handicappers are capable of hitting the same terrible shot twice. I think this is particularly true off the tee. I'll watch a friend top one into the water just to see him immediately tee up another and do it again. I think maybe the craziest is slicing or shanking into the trees, and then hitting a second into almost the exact same part of the woods. I had a friend hit vinyl siding of the same house from about 250ish out twice in a row. He was lucky nobody was home... After checking for damage he dropped one right in front of the house and put it OB. I see this fairly often, so I guess it's not unusual, but I still think it's weird.

Posted:

Titleist R11s

Ping G2 3W

Taylormade Rocketballz 3H 19*

Mizuno JPX800

Cleveland CBX 56, 60

Odyssey White Hot RX #2

Snell MTBX

• gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers  8221WRX Points: 1,412Handicap: +1.5 (1194646)Posts: 8,221 Titanium Tees

on a 500y par 5, my dad hit his drive...then tried to hit a hybrid to lay-up; duffing it about 50y. he started walking towards his ball as i asked if he needed a different club and said, 'nah i'll just use this one'...and proceeded to hit the next hybrid short of the green, rolling up onto the green and into the hole.

Posted:

SIM / 9* (set 1 tick higher loft) / RIPx 65TX tipped 2" playing 44.25"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    SIM Max 3H / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX
    Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X
    MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

• krbkrb Members  83WRX Points: 78Posts: 83 Fairways

I hit the pin on a 150 yard approach about a foot above the ground a couple of weeks ago. Ball mark was about 6 inches from the hole. Pin was back of the green, ball ended up at the front of the green probably 50 feet away. Hit the put, uphill to the upper tier. It hit the pin and ended up about 6 inches from the hole. Tapped in for par.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • puttnforthe8puttnforthe8 ARIZONAMembers  3404WRX Points: 469Posts: 3,404 Titanium Tees

On a par 5 I went for the green in 2, I hit a horrible block that I had to play a second (laid up and then onto the green) when I got up to the green my first ball was about a foot from the cup. The guys on the tee said I hit the ball washer, scared them and it ricocheted onto the green. I get up to the tee on the next hole pumped by the lucked eagle and proceed to pull top it into the same ball washer post and hit the attached trash can, and bounced onto the green again.

Posted:
  • savingparsavingpar Members  27WRX Points: 53Posts: 27 Bunkers

I had a buddy tee up twice with a driver and hit the same power line Back to back in almost exact same spot. I have home a 5 to 1 on. $20 bet that he couldn’t hit it again

well deserved

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.