GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

Titleist T100 or T100s VS. Srixon 785

leftycabe ·  
leftycabeleftycabe IowaClubWRX  164WRX Points: 131Handicap: GolfPosts: 164 ClubWRX

Hey All, I haven't had time to keep up with any of the threads since COVID hit and ruined everything. Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has experience with testing these against one another. Better yet, playing extensively with each. I've basically gone back and forth between a Ping i model and Titleist AP2s over the years. I thought I might switch it up with the Srixons. I'm a lefty, so I haven't run across any Srixon's in left handed but the one's I've seen in right handed look a little more rounded in the toe and a bit thicker than I care for. That being said, I can adapt to most things and I've heard nothing but positive things about the endo forging. Before I get crushed - yes, I know a new model is coming out but with all the rave reviews about the 785s, I find it hard to believe they are going to be THAT much different/better. I could be wrong, but that's just my thought process.

In short, which club feels better (which to me is softer)?

What is your experience in forgiveness?

I'm feeling like making a move away from the i210s. I have really enjoyed them but I'm playing terrible this year and although it's not the fault of the irons (completely the driver's fault), I thought if I'm playing like a dumpster fire, I might as well switch things up and try something new. I'm also seriously considering the MP20SELs but don't feel like they are close as these two, although I've written in multiple threads that they are some weird kind of frankenstein of forgiveness and softness and could easily find their way in my bag.

Thanks for letting me ramble and hope all of you are doing well and stay safe.

Posted:

Comments

• LaymanMLaymanM Cincinnati, OHMembers  2246WRX Points: 322Handicap: 7Posts: 2,246 Platinum Tees

Z785 are very soft and pack a ton of ball speed. Don’t sleep on them. I should have kept mine

Posted:
    Taylormade M6
    Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
    Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
    Titliest SM7 50f, 54s, 58d
    SC Phantom X 5.5
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • mdwacmdwac Members  30WRX Points: 70Handicap: 2Posts: 30 Bunkers

I have tried them all 785 is pretty amazing. Great ball speed, lower spin. Very forgiving. I can flat out miss a 7 iron and it is like 5 yards short.

Posted:
  • RocuroniumRocuronium Members  228WRX Points: 37Handicap: 4Posts: 228 Fairways

I just got the 785's last week after being fit for them Absolutely love them.

Posted:
    Callaway Epic subzero 
    Srixon u85 18 degree 
    Srixon 975/z-forged
    Cleveland RTX 4
    Taylormade spider
    Srixon XV
  • Bigjim1022Bigjim1022 Members  664WRX Points: 69Posts: 664 Golden Tee

And another vote for the 785’s. Got a set at the beginning of the year and have been blown away. Played about 25 rounds so far before a back injury has me sidelined for a few weeks and the consistency of these irons is awesome. The V sole is the real deal too. Check em out!

Posted:
  • hypergolfhypergolf Members  1324WRX Points: 111Posts: 1,324 Platinum Tees

I have experience with both T100 and Z785. I went into the fitting center with an open mind but had slight preference towards Mizuno MP 20 MMC and Titleist T100 as a close second. So it was more a matter of finding the right shaft - well at least that was the intention.

To make the long story short, the best shaft that fitted my swing was Modus 120. So while the fitter was looking for a Modus Shaft for the MP 20 MMC and T100 head, I saw a Srixon Z785 on the side that comes with Modus 120 as stock standard. So I picked it up and gave it a swing on the launch monitor just to test out the shaft...

WOW... (First word that came into my head)

So took a second swing... Felt so pure. Soft, but dense soft feel if that makes sense.

Took a third swing... All three hits basically landed nearly on the same spot. Love the V sole as well.

Tried Modus 120 with both T100 and MP20 MMC but no comparison. I couldn't believe myself as I am a big time Mizuno iron loyalist. In fact, I preferred T100 to Mizuno MP 20 MMC as well.

Comparing performance, feel, and PRICE (OMG, I bought my new set at a steal) I decided to purchase Srixon Z785.

I have now converted from Mizuno to Srixon completely... Even ordered 3 x RTX 4 wedges as well with Modus Wedge 115. (Good bye Vokey SM7...)

So my vote goes to Srixon Z785.

Posted:
  • craz-ecraz-e Members  4401WRX Points: 485Handicap: 3Posts: 4,401 Titanium Tees

Srixon softer

Titleist have a very satisfying solid feel to them.

Out of the two the Titleist fits my eye a lot better and would be my choice, and I’d have to take a look at launch, spin and gapping to see if the t100 or t100s would fit me better

Posted:
    Driver = Taylormade SIM 7* Hzrdus green 6.0
    4 wood = Titleist TS2 Even flow white 6.0
    3 iron = Titleist U500 Hzrdus smoke 6.0
    Irons = Wilson Staff FG59,  4-PW
    Wedges = Titleist Vokey SM6 52*, 56*
                  = Ping Glide 3.0 eye 2 60* 
    Putter = Scotty Cameron 2020 Special select Del Mar
    Ball = Taylormade TP5 Pix

Advertisement
  • Red4282Red4282 Members  975WRX Points: 396Posts: 975 Golden Tee

Looks- t100 looks better to me, thinner topline, smaller bladelength and less offset. Forgiveness wise should be close to a wash. Feel wise, id say srixon has a more solid feel and is quite soft. T100 feels great too but just slightly more hollow feeling when you catch it good. Btw the t100s is the exact same iron, just 2 degrees stronger.

looks win out for me, id go t100.

Posted:
  • ScottyrocketScottyrocket Members  129WRX Points: 57Handicap: 8Posts: 129 Fairways

I am probably one of the rare players that did not like the sole on the Srixons. I had a combo 585/785 and just didn’t like it for my game. Went with T100 and have never looked back.

Posted:
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT Members  7408WRX Points: 429Handicap: 5Posts: 7,408 Titanium Tees

These ol' rags? Most satisfying irons I've played since 2011 Nike vr pro combo....z585/785 combo that provides all of the needs of irons in a midsized package. These are not tiny blade like irons but they aren't obtrusive either. The z745 was never made for lefties; the z765 was too round in the toe for my taste.

I was very surprised at the playability of the v-sole for my game......I'm more shallow than steep.....I've tried pretty much all players irons in left hand having iblade( solid but lacking forged feel) 2 sets of pxg gen 0311T and 0311p combos with different shafts .......numerous others I'd rather not start to reminisce about.

I've used these for about a year now and haven't considered anything because they lack for nothing. But that's just my game.

Posted:
  • tim583tim583 Members  381WRX Points: 60Posts: 381 Greens
    Posted:
  • TrueWRXTrueWRX Members  2099WRX Points: 403Posts: 2,099 Platinum Tees

Did not work for me as well. Felt like I had to slam the irons into the ground to make solid contact. I have the T100-S now. Couldn’t be happier with turf interaction

Posted:

Advertisement
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT Members  7408WRX Points: 429Handicap: 5Posts: 7,408 Titanium Tees

That's weird......I can attack or sweep these irons shot shape depending......as long as you're happy!

Posted:
  • Red4282Red4282 Members  975WRX Points: 396Posts: 975 Golden Tee

T100s sole is like a less aggressive srixon sole. They both have that v grind, just titleist is more subtle

Posted:
  • NixLix26NixLix26 Members  535WRX Points: 217Handicap: 4Posts: 535 Golden Tee

Yeah Srixon is a great club. I have 4-6 z785 and z forged 7- pw. They are a great mix of players irons and forgiveness. I too was fitted for the modus 120 x and these were a stock option on a used set I picked up and had bent to my specs. Love them.

Posted:
    M4 
    Srixon -H45 16*
    Srixon - Z785 4-6  
    Srixon - ZForged 7-PW
    Bridgestone - 52*, 56*, 60*
    Odyssey,  White Hot #7 (ala Graeme McDowell)

https://www.instagram.com/nixlix26/

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.